"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Any news on next DLC release? Videl and Jiren were fun, but I've kinda overplayed the game, even finished the Story modes on hard, so I would love some news :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:57 am

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/18430

GT Kid Goku confirmed. Feels good to actually like this variation of him.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:51 am

Xeogran wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:57 am http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/18430

I know it's not 100% confirmed yet, but rooflemonger seems to believe it, so I'd say there's a good chance of this being legit. Supposedly he has a secret level 3, so maybe SS4 as an install?

Still it's strange they didn't opt for Ultra Instinct.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:57 am http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/18430

Actually genuinely upset if this is a thing.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:12 pm

GT kid Gokû is an easy pass for me. :? I never liked that they turned him into a kid in GT and I probably would've liked GT more if they hadn't.

Still planning on getting new!Brolli and Gogeta blue. Holding out hope for Kefla.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Chuquita wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:12 pm GT kid Gokû is an easy pass for me. :? I never liked that they turned him into a kid in GT and I probably would've liked GT more if they hadn't.
And it's opposite for me. I liked that they did something different, and we could see him use his Super Saiyan forms as a kid. Goten didn't get like any screentime ever, so that made up for it.
90sDBZ wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:51 am Still it's strange they didn't opt for Ultra Instinct.
Because they wanted to give GT some representation too, Super has plenty of stuff in the game already. I see no problem.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:29 pm

If this turns out to be true I'm very disappointed. No interest in more Goku's, even if he plays differently. Game has access to a plethora of different characters that aren't in the game and they default to another version of Goku. I can't wrap my head around this.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Don't worry, I'll be excited and happy enough to make up for all of you. I'm ecstatic for the game to finally represent something other than same-old-same-old Z and overrated-new-hotness Super. :P

I was hoping for just straight-up Super Saiyan 4 Goku, but GT kid Goku's moveset here seems interesting, and I'll hold out hope that his secret level-3 ultimate is going SS4 like how Freeza can go Golden. Then maybe he can have the x10 Kamehameha while transformed? Eager to learn more and see him in action.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:50 pm

If he doesn't have a Super Saiyan 4 install, I kinda don't care.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:08 pm

*sigh* …

Broly (another time)
Gogeta (basically Vegetto)
GT Goku (…)

Seriously, not only they are flooding the roster with saiyans, they put duplicate saiyans. I mean, what's the point of Broly from Super? How different is he from Z Broly? I … I don't even.

See, I cannot even be like "whatever, more saiyans now means less saiyans for the sequel", because they can keep doing stupid things like this. What's next? Zamasu saga Trunks? BoG arc Vegeta? Super bulky Vegeta which got owned by Cell? 23rd Budokai Goku? When does this stop?

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:24 pm

I hope they get his moveset more from OG DB, As far as I remember in GT Goku fought like his adult self and I wanted to see him jumping and attacking like he did as a kid, well he does have the Magic Pole so that's a something already
Nickolaidas wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:08 pm Seriously, not only they are flooding the roster with saiyans, they put duplicate saiyans. I mean, what's the point of Broly from Super? How different is he from Z Broly? I … I don't even.
He has a Mouth Beam and some other Non-Sphere attacks, as well as not talking when transformed, that's as far as I remember
Gogeta does have different moves compared to Vegito tho

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 pm

That's hilarious, so in a game that only has 34 characters with DLC we have

Base Goku
Super Saiyan Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Goku
GT Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Vegito
Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta
Bardock
Goku Black

Who are all just different versions of Goku, almost a quarter of the roster. Amongst the entire franchise of unique characters that look differently and have completely different abilities altogether, that's what they go with.

That's pitiful.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:45 pm

Now we have one unrevealed character left. Wonder who it'll be.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:45 pm Now we have one unrevealed character left. Wonder who it'll be.
At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if it's young prince Vegeta from the Bardock Special.

(still hoping for Kamesenin, though)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:07 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:45 pm Now we have one unrevealed character left. Wonder who it'll be.
At this rate it'll be Ultra Instinct Goku.

Pokesamus217

Post by Pokesamus217 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:51 pm

Bullza wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 pm That's hilarious, so in a game that only has 34 characters with DLC we have

Base Goku
Super Saiyan Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Goku
GT Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Vegito
Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta
Bardock
Goku Black

Who are all just different versions of Goku, almost a quarter of the roster. Amongst the entire franchise of unique characters that look differently and have completely different abilities altogether, that's what they go with.

That's pitiful.
It’s almost like they’re popular or something.....

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Pokesamus217 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:51 pmIt’s almost like they’re popular or something.....
Probably why the Base Goku and Vegeta pack sold the fewest amount then.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Bullza wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 pm That's hilarious, so in a game that only has 34 characters with DLC we have

Base Goku
Super Saiyan Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Goku
GT Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Vegito
Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta
Bardock
Goku Black

That's pitiful.
What's pitiful is your constant bitching about the game for the most idiotic reasons. From day one you were sold that this game was going to be just another poor cash grab and since you've been proven wrong, you've had to change your strategy.

Vegito and Gogeta are not the same characters. Simple as that. Different movesets, different personalities. Not to mention, many of us would LOVE to have Vegito vs Gogeta in a game like this. ( a little fanservice never hurt anyone)

Bardock, Goku, Vegito, Super Saiyan Goku, & Goku Black play nothing like each other. Seriously, do you even play the game? The only one who plays similar is Goku Blue and Goku SSJ, but hey - Super fans were bitching about being represented in FighterZ right?

Broly, you have a point. I don't see his inclusion as being necessary but it doesn't hurt the overall roster.

The hands down best Dragonball game to come out, ever, being represented in pro tournaments and setting the foundation for what can become a solid series in a vacuum of dog shit (Xenoverse anyone?) and instead of enjoying the game you're whining about something that is non existent. We just got Videl! When the hell has she been faithfully represented in any game ? I suggest you play the damn game before continuing to post about it.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:00 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Base Goku
Super Saiyan Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Goku
GT Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Vegito
Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta
Bardock
Goku Black

That's pitiful.
What's pitiful is your constant bitching about the game for the most idiotic reasons. From day one you were sold that this game was going to be just another poor cash grab and since you've been proven wrong, you've had to change your strategy.

Vegito and Gogeta are not the same characters. Simple as that. Different movesets, different personalities. Not to mention, many of us would LOVE to have Vegito vs Gogeta in a game like this. ( a little fanservice never hurt anyone)

Bardock, Goku, Vegito, Super Saiyan Goku, & Goku Black play nothing like each other. Seriously, do you even play the game? The only one who plays similar is Goku Blue and Goku SSJ, but hey - Super fans were bitching about being represented in FighterZ right?

Broly, you have a point. I don't see his inclusion as being necessary but it doesn't hurt the overall roster.

The hands down best Dragonball game to come out, ever, being represented in pro tournaments and setting the foundation for what can become a solid series in a vacuum of dog shit (Xenoverse anyone?) and instead of enjoying the game you're whining about something that is non existent. We just got Videl! When the hell has she been faithfully represented in any game ? I suggest you play the damn game before continuing to post about it.
The point - which you seem incapable of grasping - is the fact that no one is debating ArcSYS' ability to make any character interesting. Anyone. ArcSYS could make Yajirobe and make him just as fun to play as Vegetto or SSB Goku. No one disputes that.

The point people are trying to make is that this game is supposed to cater to fans of CHARACTERS as well, not just playstyles and functions. Goku fans had their fill. They got 3 to 6 (depending on one's view) different Gokus, while people who want to play as Kefla, Gero, Roshi, #19, Zarbon, Super Buu, Janemba, Cabba, Raditz etc etc etc etc keep waiting for their fave character while Goku fans get YET ANOTHER Goku.

This is what's bothering some folks.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:06 pm

Then don't pay for it. Simple as that. This is season 2 of DLC. They don't have to give you shit. YOU have the option of paying for it or not. As far as I'm concerned it's nothing but fanservice at this point and those expected a huge roster upgrade without paying for a sequel are out of their minds.

People have been so spoiled by "different skin/same character" model that's plagued this franchise in games for so long it's ridiculous and clearly have never played or paid for a real fighting game before.