Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Sabat said in his interview with geekdom that the biggest reason he played so many side characters was because his actual job with Funi was as a casting and voice director, so he was basically voicing all of those side characters for free. Pretty shitty on Funi's part, but eh.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:00 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:30 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:35 pm
Young-Jah wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:30 pm Amy Rose is better than Chi Chi guys.
Not to sound like a dick but okay?
I guess this is why so many people think of Sonic's fanbase the way they do.
Nah, it's more the fanfics and the elitism and such.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:12 pm

Yeah no being a Sonic fan isn't fun but it has more to do with the community being a bunch of jaded misanthropes so consistently dissatisfied with the series for so long that you wonder why they stick around at all than it does with weird sex shit or fascinatingly-stupid fanfiction. After all, Kanzenshuu has active threads for both of those. And no, that's not to excuse the quality and consistency issues of the series itself (lord knows they exist), but something being bad and people acting like arseholes over it have very different effects on me. This is why I'm annoyed to see people pushing the "horny furries" or "annoying kids" stereotypes, and why I'm bothered by seeing the latter acted out in complete earnest here.

Which is why I need to mention that this is completely god damn off-topic, holy fucking shit young-jah, take it somewhere else. This is everything I hated about myself as a second grader. This topic is about Vic Mignogna the unprofessional douche and possible sex offender, not Sonic the fucking hedgehog. Pay attention to your surroundings and ask yourself "is this really relevant, or worth stating, in regards to the topic at hand?". If you think the answer is yes, remember that you thought that here and make sure to double check.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 am

Shaddy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:12 pmYeah no being a Sonic fan isn't fun but it has more to do with the community being a bunch of jaded misanthropes so consistently dissatisfied with the series for so long that you wonder why they stick around at all than it does with weird sex shit or fascinatingly-stupid fanfiction. After all, Kanzenshuu has active threads for both of those.
Although I must say there have been one or two people I've seen here over the years where I have to wonder why exactly they're hanging around if they're so frustrated with the franchise and our opinions of it.
Shaddy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:12 pmAnd no, that's not to excuse the quality and consistency issues of the series itself (lord knows they exist), but something being bad and people acting like arseholes over it have very different effects on me. This is why I'm annoyed to see people pushing the "horny furries" or "annoying kids" stereotypes, and why I'm bothered by seeing the latter acted out in complete earnest here.
Yeah, I'm in that boat. I've always liked Sonic, but say that in the wrong place and it's automatically assumed that I ship Sonic and Tails together and have a fanfiction detailing it and I also hate the games but like SatAM (which I've never watched). It's really annoying.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:50 am

Looks like our friendly #IStandWithVic legal personality got canned from Twitter.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/ ... -mignogna/
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:59 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:50 am Looks like our friendly #IStandWithVic legal personality got canned from Twitter.

To be more specific, he was banned twice but has also come back twice, so he is still active on Twitter.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:39 am

Young-Jah wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:30 pm Amy Rose is better than Chi Chi guys.
I personally feel Audrey was a better love interest for Special Agent Dale Cooper. I understand the star’s reluctance to pair Coop up with a highschool student, but they had far better chemistry than Dale and Annie Blackbern who was so badly shoehorned into the cast. One of the second season’s MANY missteps, IMHO.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 am

We're keeping the thread open for genuine conversation and updates as it relates to ongoing Dragon Ball productions. Enough with the Sonic nonsense.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 am

KBABZ wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:59 amTo be more specific, he was banned twice but has also come back twice, so he is still active on Twitter.
Special Beam Cannon!

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:50 am Looks like our friendly #IStandWithVic legal personality got canned from Twitter.

To be fair, he got banned for an offensive joke he made in December, 2017...AFTER the ban he got in March, 2019. So while the 1st one was fair, the 2nd one wasn't.

...Though it'll still be interesting to see if this man is even sincere in helping Vic Mignogna. I don't know why, but... I can't help but wonder if he's not using this case just for media exposure. I certainly can't see him winning anything, based on how weak Mignogna's case is.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm...Though it'll still be interesting to see if this man is even sincere in helping Vic Mignogna. I don't know why, but... I can't help but wonder if he's not using this case just for media exposure. I certainly can't see him winning anything, based on how weak Mignogna's case is.
I mean he isn't ACTING like I'd expect a lawyer to. He's more Jack Thompson in his mannerisms.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:35 pm

If you're a lawyer and you're getting banned on Twitter, you're probably not someone I want to hire.
Special Beam Cannon!

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 pm

Yeah evidently given how much of a courtroom is centered around stringent following of rules and regulations you'd think not breaking Twitter's terms of service would be easy enough.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm

To be fair, he got banned for an offensive joke he made in December, 2017...AFTER the ban he got in March, 2019. So while the 1st one was fair, the 2nd one wasn't.

...Though it'll still be interesting to see if this man is even sincere in helping Vic Mignogna. I don't know why, but... I can't help but wonder if he's not using this case just for media exposure. I certainly can't see him winning anything, based on how weak Mignogna's case is.
Have you checked atleast one of his streams about the Vic situation. He had one of the people against Vic on one of them and........well it wasn't pretty
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:03 pm

KBABZ wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm...Though it'll still be interesting to see if this man is even sincere in helping Vic Mignogna. I don't know why, but... I can't help but wonder if he's not using this case just for media exposure. I certainly can't see him winning anything, based on how weak Mignogna's case is.
I mean he isn't ACTING like I'd expect a lawyer to. He's more Jack Thompson in his mannerisms.
🎶 There are so many other professions! That don’t turn you into Jeff Sessions!🎶

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:53 pm

The Patrolman wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:58 pmHave you checked atleast one of his streams about the Vic situation. He had one of the people against Vic on one of them and........well it wasn't pretty
I haven't seen this, so if it's not too much trouble, would you mind summarizing?
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:53 pm
The Patrolman wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:58 pmHave you checked atleast one of his streams about the Vic situation. He had one of the people against Vic on one of them and........well it wasn't pretty
I haven't seen this, so if it's not too much trouble, would you mind summarizing?
Well here's my experience on the whole. The KickVic guy was talking a lot of shit on twitter and even talking shit about Nick (the lawyer). So Nick invited to one of his streams and like I said it wasn't pretty. The guy came off as rude and disrespectful, trying to question the integrity of the lawyer (which is a straight NO in my book) and got verbally destroyed. Nick was explaining shit that him a lawyer would know and the guy was purposely not listening and coming off as smug and thought he won the argument. In the video he says he want's to help Vic but that is completely different from his twitter where he is relishing the fact Vic's career is getting destroyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXZIrnlKlCs

Here's if you want to see

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:49 am

The Patrolman wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm Well here's my experience on the whole. The KickVic guy was talking a lot of shit on twitter and even talking shit about Nick (the lawyer). So Nick invited to one of his streams and like I said it wasn't pretty. The guy came off as rude and disrespectful, trying to question the integrity of the lawyer (which is a straight NO in my book) and got verbally destroyed. Nick was explaining shit that him a lawyer would know and the guy was purposely not listening and coming off as smug and thought he won the argument. In the video he says he want's to help Vic but that is completely different from his twitter where he is relishing the fact Vic's career is getting destroyed.
So it's two guys acting like jerks to each other, then? That doesn't sound terribly fun...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 am

Shaddy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 pm Yeah evidently given how much of a courtroom is centered around stringent following of rules and regulations you'd think not breaking Twitter's terms of service would be easy enough.
He has his own business and seems to mainly have a presence on social media. I doubt any respectable firm would actually hire him. He’s completely unprofessional.

But of course all the I Stand With Vic nerds probably think he is some expert because he is a lawyer. Being a lawyer is not that special. There are tons of lawyers out there that passed their Bar exam. Especially not one with a little dinky practice

One of my best friends is a lawyer (obviously I won’t link to her) if I google her you can find tons of stuff about her. If I google this guy you find his website and a bunch of his social media stuff. That’s all!

And seeing how someone on here thinks this guy is brilliant because he embarrassed some guy on Twitter. That’s basically him just showing off.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:49 am
The Patrolman wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm Well here's my experience on the whole. The KickVic guy was talking a lot of shit on twitter and even talking shit about Nick (the lawyer). So Nick invited to one of his streams and like I said it wasn't pretty. The guy came off as rude and disrespectful, trying to question the integrity of the lawyer (which is a straight NO in my book) and got verbally destroyed. Nick was explaining shit that him a lawyer would know and the guy was purposely not listening and coming off as smug and thought he won the argument. In the video he says he want's to help Vic but that is completely different from his twitter where he is relishing the fact Vic's career is getting destroyed.
So it's two guys acting like jerks to each other, then? That doesn't sound terribly fun...
Not really. Nick tried to be respectful and have a debate but the dude was just being a total ass