Is manga Kale and Kefla's hair supposed to be green?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Is manga Kale and Kefla's hair supposed to be green?

Post by Desassina » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:14 am

I have just seen the Broly movie in my country. He was called a legendary SSJ right after transformation into a golden haired one. From an in-universe perspective, it could be Freeza recalling the moment that marked his defeat against Goku, but it was the transformation name that stuck with people. Now, Kale and Kefla were drawn with the same light shade that is supposed to represent yellow in SSJ, but I can't tell whether the coloured manga art is official or badly interpreted from the anime. The latter seemed to introduce her transformation as if it were old Broly 2.0, and there may have been some confusion with controlled Kale, like she was supposed to be manga Kefla in that story but was given a new state. What do you think?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is manga Kale and Kefla's hair supposed to be green?

Post by Cipher » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:22 am

Doesn't Freeza wonder if Kale's showing yet another variation of Super Saiyan in the manga? (I can't recall the exact line off the top of my head.) I thought that was indication that there was something visually different about her--presumably the green hair.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:31 am

Of all the things that they can do - see, sense, take a hit from - why would colour be the only factor of a new form or state? Vegeta didn't change colour when somebody that I can't recall noticed that his aura was different against Jiren. The eyes were also gone in Kale and she was toned beyond her regular state. I don't know... It seems to me that if they wanted a colour that isn't lighter than yellow they would shade it somehow.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 am

Most likely not, based on this poster Toyotaro made:

As you can see, Broly has no pupils, but a distinctly normal Super Saiyan hair colour. If Broly isn't supposed to be green, then Kale probably isn't supposed to be green either (and Kefla as a consequence).
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Alruneia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 am Most likely not, based on this poster Toyotaro made:

As you can see, Broly has no pupils, but a distinctly normal Super Saiyan hair colour. If Broly isn't supposed to be green, then Kale probably isn't supposed to be green either (and Kefla as a consequence).
But Broly had a further form in the film that the above poster obviously isn't a take on furthermore Vegeta and Goku aren't in their movie clothes in that poster so the poster shouldn't be taken seriously as anything but a little bit of promotion in V Jump.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:30 am

Broly still had his full power, but given the situation, it was not a new form. His madness was well portrayed without his eyes, and we even had a glimpse of him coming to his senses, when the eyes came back due to Gogeta overwhelming him.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:45 am

I doubt we'll know until Toyotaro draws her in color.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Cipher wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:22 am Doesn't Freeza wonder if Kale's showing yet another variation of Super Saiyan in the manga? (I can't recall the exact line off the top of my head.) I thought that was indication that there was something visually different about her--presumably the green hair.
Yeah he does