"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:30 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:02 pm Can Someone answer this for me?

If and when Super returns will it be an adaption of Toyo's manga?
No one knows
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:43 am

I certainly hope not. Given the manga's slower release schedule, it would be an interesting mess of shitty pacing and filler to try and adapt any of it to a weekly anime, to speak nothing of the manga just being worse overall. Thankfully I think Toei knows this, and I think the most likely outcome is either that Tori's notes cover the Moro arc the same way as every other arc and Toyo's just gotten to it first, or they won't acknowledge it at all and it'll be the manga equivalent of the Jelly Vegeta arc (well, more than it already is).

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:46 am

Chuquita wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:05 pm They announced the first Super in April and it started in July. Maybe 2uper will also be announced in April and begin in July.
I certainly hope so.

But if they have a Broly retelling in July, then the manga will be REALLY far ahead of the anime.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:10 am

PFM18 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:46 am
Chuquita wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:05 pm They announced the first Super in April and it started in July. Maybe 2uper will also be announced in April and begin in July.
I certainly hope so.

But if they have a Broly retelling in July, then the manga will be REALLY far ahead of the anime.
Didn't the manga say that the story of Broly was for another time and Toriyama did say Broly will be different in manga so I think the manga might go back to it.

As far whether or not we will have a retelling in anime form, things are looking very very suspicious at the moment and if at the end of the month we get the information I am anticipating then I think the chance of a retelling will sky rocket.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:21 am

If the anime went “ not back on TV yet - filler-broly retelling - filler - Moro ”

The Moro arc would certainly have finished by then and pacing won't be an issue.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:36 am

By the end of 2020 please go past end of z

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:49 pm

Is this post real? If so then I'm starting to get aggravated. Why do his sources wait until after the news is confirmed false? It'd be fine if this was the second or third false alarm but it isn't. I feel like I'm the only one smelling something fishy here.

I've said this before, if he is telling the truth I'll admit I'm wrong, but if he isn't then where do we go from there?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Ajay retweeted the 2015 dbs announcement earlier; maybe he knows 2uper starts in July, but can't directly reveal it even though he wants to so he's being subtle about it. That's my guess.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:29 pm

Or maybe that tweet about declining mental health was more severe than we thought.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:34 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:29 pm Or maybe that tweet about declining mental health was more severe than we thought.
Lmao, okay, now I need more sides.
Feels over Reals.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:11 pm

According to Geekdom101 and YonkouProductions, Super is returning in July this year, and will feature the return of Shintani as the series' character designer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyb24KlszU4

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1 ... 2043043840

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:16 pm

I haven't been using the forums as frequently as I used to, and that stems from the fact that it's gotten so hostile ever since that Vic Mignona topic. However, there are a few things that i just wanted to get out and i saw someone post something similar to this on social media. I'm also sure most people will ignore this except for some, since most don't care.

While we all knew Super's schedule was horrible and that it caused issues, I don't think many quite knew the extent of it. Nagamine's statements on the matter tell us that the whole thing was quite literally hell on Earth for the staff. I have no doubt at all in my mind that Toei's ignorance to aid the quality of the series affected Yamamuro and the rest of the animators. Even with how hard (and we know it was incredibly stressful) they were worked, they all still did their best to bring us the first new DB series in years. I don't think people will ever realize how mentally challenging that must of been. The work that the CD, animators, writers etc had to do with those conditions was not easy at all and we don't truly know how they must of felt. Yet here we go again with people in the community posting nonsense about Yamamuro (right after this info comes out too). You have people talking about selling their "pubic" hair if they see him on the series, comparing his "Sweaty" face to how he designs and all around E-bullying towards him and anyone who may like his style. You have these same bullies then tell people that because they like Yamamuro, they shouldn't be respected. How does that even work? I've said it in the past and I'll say it again, people HAVE to start understanding that other people WILL have different opinions than you and even if you disagree, you should at least respect them. Nope, instead you have people mocking the so called "Yam Squad" and belittling them by calling them "cute", while proceeding to be a bully. Based on the way Toei handled Super, it's a MIRACLE that the show even made it. The amount of work this man and all of the animators/writers working on the show had to do is simply mind boggling and while people find it easier to complain, they don't stop to think why things are as they were. When you have next to no support from the company (whos biggest participation was to tell you to craft designs that would be good for selling toys and making $ since that's all the marketing team cared about with the first Super series), a schedule that is pretty much on the verge of collapse and having to work on designs, promo material, supervision, consistency etc, it's probably going to cause a few mental breakdowns. How do you think he felt and just imagine if he used social media!? It's no surprise that Yamamuro himself stopped to work on small projects like Heroes.

When the next DB series does return, and we know that will be soon (announcement soon!) It will have a much smoother time than its predecessor. I seriously hope people will appreciate it too. The schedule, the designs and everything that makes the show click will be more polished, resulting in a much more consistent series. However, hopefully with this new info on the "behind the scenes" of Super, you'll grow to at least be more sympathetic to all the staff who worked on it. Of course, you can still dislike what you had seen (in regards to anything, be it writing, visuals etc) just remember that a huge reason why it was like that was the failure of Toei not being there for its staff. You can be critical without losing decency/respect (as some people do, which is how it should be). To see some people seriously have the nerve to make posts disrespecting Yamamuro (and some on a vulgar personal level or editing real life pictures) makes me so annoyed. Especially since it's almost right after we get this info from Nagamine's interview. As for these same people, heaven forbid they go through any sort of mental depression/burn out or have a friend of theirs go through it. They will be the first ones to defend against trollish and hurtful attacks yet the irony is, they are culprits of the same thing. I witness it on social media, and it's disgusting. Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about and I hope Karma arrives to those who act like hypocrites on this matter. Thankfully, I won't be around in this world to go through such mind deteriorating nonsense much longer.
Last edited by DainIronfoot on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 pm

DainIronfoot wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:16 pm I haven't been using the forums as frequently as I used to, and that stems from the fact that it's gotten so hostile ever since that Vic Mignona topic. However, there are a few things that i just wanted to get out and i saw someone post something similar to this on social media.

While we all knew Super's schedule was horrible and that it caused issues, I don't think many quite knew the extent of it. Nagamine's statements on the matter tell us that the whole thing was quite literally hell on Earth for the staff. I have no doubt at all in my mind that Toei's ignorance to aid the quality of the series affected Yamamuro and the rest of the animators. Even with how hard (and we know it was incredibly stressful) they were worked, they all still did their best to bring us the first new DB series in years. I don't think people will ever realize how mentally challenging that must of been. The work that the CD, animators, writers etc had to do with those conditions was not easy at all and we don't truly know how they must of felt. Yet here we go again with people in the community posting nonsense about Yamamuro (right after this info comes out too). You have people talking about selling their "pubic" hair if they see him on the series, comparing his "Sweaty" face to how he designs and all around E-bullying towards him and anyone who may like his style. You have these same bullies then tell people that because they like Yamamuro, they shouldn't be respected. How does that even work? I've said it in the past and I'll say it again, people HAVE to start understanding that other people WILL have different opinions than you and even if you disagree, you should at least respect them. Nope, instead you have people mocking the so called "Yam Squad" and belittling them by calling them "cute", while proceeding to be a bully. Based on the way Toei handled Super, it's a MIRACLE that the show even made it. The amount of work this man and all of the animators/writers working on the show had to do is simply mind boggling and while people find it easier to complain, they don't stop to think why things are as they were. When you have next to no support from the company (whos biggest participation was to tell you to craft designs that would be good for selling toys and making $ since that's all the marketing team cared about with the first Super series), a schedule that is pretty much on the verge of collapse and having to work on designs, promo material, supervision, consistency etc, it's probably going to cause a few mental breakdowns. How do you think he felt and just imagine if he used social media!? It's no surprise that Yamamuro himself stopped to work on small projects like Heroes.

When the next DB series does return, and we know that will be soon (announcement soon!) It will have a much smoother time than its predecessor. I seriously hope people will appreciate it too. The schedule, the designs and everything that makes the show click will be more polished, resulting in a much more consistent series. However, hopefully with this new info on the "behind the scenes" of Super, you'll grow to at least be more sympathetic to all the staff who worked on it. Of course, you can still dislike what you had seen (in regards to anything, be it writing, visuals etc) just remember that a huge reason why it was like that was the failure of Toei not being there for its staff. You can be critical without losing decency/respect (as some people do, which is how it should be). To see some people seriously have the nerve to make posts disrespecting Yamamuro (and some on a vulgar personal level or editing real life pictures) makes me so annoyed. Especially since it's almost right after we get this info from Nagamine's interview. As for these same people, heaven forbid they go through any sort of mental depression/burn out or have a friend of theirs go through it. They will be the first ones to defend against trollish and hurtful attacks yet the irony is, they are culprits of the same thing. I witness it on social media, and it's disgusting. Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about and I hope Karma arrives to those who act like hypocrites on this matter. Thankfully, I won't be here to go through such mind deteriorating nonsense much longer.
Very good post. Thanks for this.

Also, according to Geekdom on Twitter, he said he heard that the anime will come back on July 7th.
https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 1392743427

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 pm

RichardKing2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 pm
DainIronfoot wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:16 pm I haven't been using the forums as frequently as I used to, and that stems from the fact that it's gotten so hostile ever since that Vic Mignona topic. However, there are a few things that i just wanted to get out and i saw someone post something similar to this on social media.

When the next DB series does return, and we know that will be soon (announcement soon!) It will have a much smoother time than its predecessor. I seriously hope people will appreciate it too. The schedule, the designs and everything that makes the show click will be more polished, resulting in a much more consistent series. However, hopefully with this new info on the "behind the scenes" of Super, you'll grow to at least be more sympathetic to all the staff who worked on it. Of course, you can still dislike what you had seen (in regards to anything, be it writing, visuals etc) just remember that a huge reason why it was like that was the failure of Toei not being there for its staff. You can be critical without losing decency/respect (as some people do, which is how it should be). To see some people seriously have the nerve to make posts disrespecting Yamamuro (and some on a vulgar personal level or editing real life pictures) makes me so annoyed. Especially since it's almost right after we get this info from Nagamine's interview. As for these same people, heaven forbid they go through any sort of mental depression/burn out or have a friend of theirs go through it. They will be the first ones to defend against trollish and hurtful attacks yet the irony is, they are culprits of the same thing. I witness it on social media, and it's disgusting. Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about and I hope Karma arrives to those who act like hypocrites on this matter. Thankfully, I won't be here to go through such mind deteriorating nonsense much longer.
Very good post. Thanks for this.

Also, according to Geekdom on Twitter, he said he heard that the anime will come back on July 7th.
https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 1392743427

Thanks, though I bet many here won't even read it or care. Cheers Richard, Indeed...Summer is going to be great for DB fans.
Last edited by DainIronfoot on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:42 pm

If you're cautious about the source: this all came directly from staff within Toei this time. Obviously won't name names for the sake of their job security, but both July and Shintani were independently mentioned by multiple animators.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:46 pm

So will goten, trunks, Marron, pan and bra be aged up in say the arc after morro, because what I know of babies pan should be walking and talking and be her end if z design. Like a year after broly

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:51 pm

I'm just relieved Shintani designs will stay.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:59 pm

I hope the first episode is some slice of life or just Goku thinking something like "There sure has been a lot of fights since Buu's defeat" and then some flashbacks of Super with the new designs (and if it starts following the manga it could establish the continuity)

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:02 pm

I wonder if the title will be just "Dragon Ball Super", and the 1st episode officially will be the 132nd?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Sani007 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:02 pm I wonder if the title will be just "Dragon Ball Super", and the 1st episode officially will be the 132nd?
More than likely just like Buu Kai did.