Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:18 am

Shaddy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:19 am
XanatosVanBadass wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:45 am Why not? That’s EXACTLY what happened with James Gunn. People are indeed quick to forget. Especially in this day and age for better or worse. In particular when it comes to what entertains them. As I think I mentioned, I spoke to someone RL who basically said “i don’t care if he’s guilty or not, I like him as a VA and want to see those SJWs cry!” That’s the mindset you’re dealing with.
I don't think it's like James Gunn at all. He was fired over old joke tweets. Horrible, awful jokes, sure, that may have represented a horrible mindset. But those are words, jokes meant to dunk on personal friends. It's far removed from the public sexual harassment towards strangers going on here.

Not that I don't think there's plenty of actors, writers and directors exactly like Mignogna at Marvel/Disney/whatever that just aren't around or are careful enough around their fans to not get caught while horribly mistreating their co-workers in much the same way, but I don't think Gunn is necessarily one of them.
I wasn’t claiming they were the same though. My point is time heals all wounds and people forget and move on. Moreso now in the digital era. This is especially true with entertainment.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 am

Plague-Memories wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:51 am I'm starting to think the Dragon Ball community is overall pretty abysmal outside of this forum, tbh
Same actually but I started noticing that last year. It's a real shame.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:25 am

Kokonoe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 am
Plague-Memories wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:51 am I'm starting to think the Dragon Ball community is overall pretty abysmal outside of this forum, tbh
I knew that before even joining here how toxic the US fanbase was in regards to Dragon Ball.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:26 am

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:25 am
Kokonoe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 am
I knew that before even joining here how toxic the US fanbase was in regards to Dragon Ball.
Yeah I've honestly given up on discussing Super in particular. Seems everyone just wants to fight like it's a Tenkaichi Budokai, except without the rules. :P

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:41 am

This just makes me glad that I never got into the whole convention scene. I've heard way too many horror stories.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:19 am

I’m quite glad that I never watched or listened to any of Geekdom’s stuff, cause he’s onviously a coward at best, or complicit at worst. Fuck Kamehacon, this close to the convention people have already invested money that they likely can’t take back now if they wanted to for their own safety.

It would be really nice if TFS cancelled over this, but I kinda doubt they’ve got the balls to do it.
Last edited by Ex-Dubbie369 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:19 am I’m quite glad that I never watched or listened to any of Geekdom’s stuff, cause he’s onviously a coward at best, or complicit at worst. Fuck Kamehacon, this close to the convention people have already invested money that they likely can’t take back now if they wanted to for their own safety.

It would be really nice if TFS cancelled over this, but I kinda doubt they’ve got the balls to do it.
Again, Geekdom had nothing to do with this decision, he said so himself. The fault lies with the organisers. A few days ago Vic’s lawyer (who is so reputable he feels the need to provide updates on the case via live-streams and YouTube vids) posted some conspiracy shit about Monica Rial and Chris Sabat “bullying” the con staff into kicking Vic.

By bullying, he meant “threaten to walk if you reinvite this known creep whom we understandably don’t wish to associate with” but it was enough to rally the saddo crowd to start demanding the con bring Vic back. Lots of “shame on you” and “the fans want Vic” without any hint of irony. More to the point, they now had the threat of legal action baring down on them and they cowed.

I feel sorry for Geekdom. Dude clearly put his heart into this convention only for this drama and decisions beyond his control to ruin it.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:08 pm

Someone should form a large protest. The message this sends is violation of fan trust and Kameha Con should be ashamed for not seeking legal action to protect themselves instead of capitulating to a known sex abuser pedophile.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:54 amYou may not like it, but that's how this is, sorry. Con organizers can invite or uninvite whoever they want. This is one of the consequences. And, obviously, everyone involved with the bookings of guests over there had thought about this long & hard before making the decision. I'm doubting it was a light one. Obviously, they deemed the good outweighed the bad here. End of discussion as far as they're concerned.
Of course they weighed their decision.

They weighed it in dollars.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:12 pm

Geekdom is not at fault so let’s not blame him

I am already seeing panelists back out of the convention. Let’s see if any voice actors drop out as well.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Ex-Dubbie369 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:19 am I’m quite glad that I never watched or listened to any of Geekdom’s stuff, cause he’s onviously a coward at best, or complicit at worst. Fuck Kamehacon, this close to the convention people have already invested money that they likely can’t take back now if they wanted to for their own safety.

Again, Geekdom had nothing to do with this decision, he said so himself. The fault lies with the organisers. A few days ago Vic’s lawyer (who is so reputable he feels the need to provide updates on the case via live-streams and YouTube vids) posted some conspiracy shit about Monica Rial and Chris Sabat “bullying” the con staff into kicking Vic.

By bullying, he meant “threaten to walk if you reinvite this known creep whom we understandably don’t wish to associate with” but it was enough to rally the saddo crowd to start demanding the con bring Vic back. Lots of “shame on you” and “the fans want Vic” without any hint of irony. More to the point, they now had the threat of legal action baring down on them and they cowed.

I feel sorry for Geekdom. Dude clearly put his heart into this convention only for this drama and decisions beyond his control to ruin it.

He might not be responsible for the decision but his inaction is just confusing. How can he remain neutral on such a big issue. I think his relationship with Funimation is clouding his journalistic decisions which is a shame, as I'm sure as the host of the event and with such a large following on Youtube/Twitter, if he made a stand others would follow.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:31 pm

Sin wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:22 pmHe might not be responsible for the decision but his inaction is just confusing. How can he remain neutral on such a big issue. I think his relationship with Funimation is clouding his journalistic decisions which is a shame, as I'm sure as the host of the event and with such a large following on Youtube/Twitter, if he made a stand others would follow.
Maybe he doesn't wanna make a stand. Maybe he just wants to host the convention & have a good time. We don't really know his thoughts, do we? He's never really shared them, so who knows?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:31 pm
Sin wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:22 pmHe might not be responsible for the decision but his inaction is just confusing. How can he remain neutral on such a big issue. I think his relationship with Funimation is clouding his journalistic decisions which is a shame, as I'm sure as the host of the event and with such a large following on Youtube/Twitter, if he made a stand others would follow.
Maybe he doesn't wanna make a stand. Maybe he just wants to host the convention & have a good time. We don't really know his thoughts, do we? He's never really shared them, so who knows?
But he does have thoughts on it, and how can you be a bystander to one of the biggest scandals in Western Dragon Ball when your journalism is centred around that? He's in a position to do something about it and inaction isnt excusable just because he wants to have a good time, not speaking up is the opposite of what people should do in situations like this. I lose respect for those in power who are scared to stand up for their beliefs, either which way those beliefs fall, just because they don't want to rock the boat.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:12 pm I am already seeing panelists back out of the convention. Let’s see if any voice actors drop out as well.
Who have dropped out over it?
Sin wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:22 pmhis journalistic decisions which is a shame
HAHA, that's a good one, suggesting he's an actual journalist...

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Here are two panelists who dropped out so far. And I have a feeling more will follow suit

https://twitter.com/trailerdrake/status ... 03874?s=21

https://twitter.com/terez27/status/1109 ... 01504?s=21

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:36 pm

Glad vic is being invited back. Shows how much evidence there was for those allegations. I honestly know many people who stand with vic here in kanzenshuu, but it's for their best that they wouldn't post here since the majority here are against vic.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:45 pm Here are two panelists who dropped out so far. And I have a feeling more will follow suit

https://twitter.com/trailerdrake/status ... 03874?s=21

https://twitter.com/terez27/status/1109 ... 01504?s=21
Yeah, I have no clue who they are but good on them! I wonder if TFS will pull out?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:36 pm Glad vic is being invited back. Shows how much evidence there was for those allegations. I honestly know many people who stand with vic here in kanzenshuu, but it's for their best that they wouldn't post here since the majority here are against vic.
There is nothing to debate here. He is proven to be a perpetual meanace to fandom spaces, underage girls, colleagues and even former students.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:43 pm

What's next, they will be rehiring him back to Funi? LOL :lol:

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:11 pm

Zinnia wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:43 pm What's next, they will be rehiring him back to Funi? LOL :lol:
Hearing Vic's lawyer talk on stream, it sounds like that's what they're trying to make happen. The people involved in the lawsuit will most likely settle before court because it would get very messy if it came to that. If they go to court, discovery will happen and it could open up everyone's personally emails and text conversations at Funi. It would be really bad. I'm glad I switched over to being a sub only fan during DBS so this doesn't hurt as much lol The sub is so much better.