"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:05 am Well then, it is good I always keep a more clean version of an image. Here it is.

I also created a little story with all this. By all means, please take a look here.
I always knew that dance was some sort of satanic ritual...

Also, I tried to use the mode to make a short comic!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:09 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 pm
Grimlock wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:05 am Well then, it is good I always keep a more clean version of an image. Here it is.

I also created a little story with all this. By all means, please take a look here.
I always knew that dance was some sort of satanic ritual...

Amazing! :D

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:27 pm

The update for the Switch isn't out. Bamco is slacking.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Damn Kanassa, you just set the bar for Photo Mode. People can literally make their own manga with this game, with whatever fanboy characters they want. I can see a popular webcomic or two sprouting from this. I'm not a big user of photo modes personally but I can't deny that's awesome.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:10 pm

The Tori-bot wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:03 pm Damn Kanassa, you just set the bar for Photo Mode. People can literally make their own manga with this game, with whatever fanboy characters they want. I can see a popular webcomic or two sprouting from this. I'm not a big user of photo modes personally but I can't deny that's awesome.
Hey, if my amateur use of photo mode and photoshop is considered awesome, just think of what the people who actually know what they're doing combined with mods will be able to do. Especially with the greenscreen stage mods :D

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Sorry for the double post, but the mod patcher has been updated, so...

Kanassa wrote:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:28 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 pmI always knew that dance was some sort of satanic ritual...

Fantastic job! :thumbup:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:26 pm

We have a live stream tomorrow for Xenoverse, FighterZ and World Mission; think we'll get some substantial news this time?

Kanassa wrote:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:05 am

Kanassa wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:26 pm We have a live stream tomorrow for Xenoverse, FighterZ and World Mission; think we'll get some substantial news this time?
I'm hoping for more story content and characters. Maybe more instructors.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Kanassa wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:26 pm We have a live stream tomorrow for Xenoverse, FighterZ and World Mission; think we'll get some substantial news this time?
We have a live stream today? Nice! Where did you see that? I've been holding off on playing XV until we received some of the updates they teased in January.

I'm really looking forward to co-op options they mentioned. I've been playing Anthem, and I gotta say that I would love for XV to adopt a similar open world play style in the future. The new stuff with Fu really should've allowed Co-op. My hope is that whenever XV3 is announced, we get a huge leap in gameplay and style from its predecessor.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:01 pm

dualist wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:21 pm
We have a live stream today? Nice! Where did you see that? I've been holding off on playing XV until we received some of the updates they teased in January.

I'm really looking forward to co-op options they mentioned. I've been playing Anthem, and I gotta say that I would love for XV to adopt a similar open world play style in the future. The new stuff with Fu really should've allowed Co-op. My hope is that whenever XV3 is announced, we get a huge leap in gameplay and style from its predecessor.
My mistake, it's not today, but tomorrow (Time Zones confuse me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv_0bB6P0_k

Kanassa wrote:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:40 pm

I'm guessing yet another usless live stream?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:48 pm

nato25 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:40 pm I'm guessing yet another usless live stream?
yes, they talked about photo mode/XV2 LITE.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:31 pm

Ahh of course they did... Is the Japanese market just bad at keeping up with game news and updates and relies on these livestreams for info? Whenever an international live stream occurs if there is nothing new it gets torn to shreds.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:53 pm

nato25 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:31 pm Ahh of course they did... Is the Japanese market just bad at keeping up with game news and updates and relies on these livestreams for info? Whenever an international live stream occurs if there is nothing new it gets torn to shreds.
It's weird, the only game to get any news and stuff was World Mission, the game that's just about to come out! It was entertaining at least, with, what I think, one guy's friend coming onto the stream with a picture of his friend as a mask, spending most of the stream fucking with him as he tried to have a FighterZ tournament.

Kanassa wrote:

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:37 am

One thing I'm worried that they're going to do when they do DLC 9, and they do the ToP Arc. They put Ultra Instinct Omen Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta, and Limit Breaker Jiren in the game, but they don't make them playable. They did this with Super Saiyan Rage Trunks, and they could very easily do it again with these characters, but let's hope they don't and we can actually play as these guys.
Caulifla best girl! :)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:53 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:37 am One thing I'm worried that they're going to do when they do DLC 9, and they do the ToP Arc. They put Ultra Instinct Omen Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta, and Limit Breaker Jiren in the game, but they don't make them playable. They did this with Super Saiyan Rage Trunks, and they could very easily do it again with these characters, but let's hope they don't and we can actually play as these guys.
I don't think they'll focus on the TOP. We might get Toppo from that arc but I won't be surprised if we get SsjG Vegeta from Broly and Moro as well. We could also get some older characters like 2nd form Freeza and Cell.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:00 pm

I'm just patiently waiting for the dang Switch to get the latest update in the mean time.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 am

SsjG Vegeta announced for June in V-Jump.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:02 pm

sintzu wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 am SsjG Vegeta announced for June in V-Jump.
Good. Good. Still want a few others, along with more story content though.