Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:39 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:40 pm
ssj4 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:52 pm Blackface is never just a joke for FFS. It's always racist and never acceptable. If you're going to defend it, then buzz off. This isn't worth my time.
No, YOU fuck off. You don’t get to tell others how to post, boy. Go be uppity somewhere else. Right now.
"Uppity" and defending blackface?

Nah you should go do that. Anyone here defending blackface is simply out of their mind.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:44 pm

ssj4 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:33 pm
8000 Saiyan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:39 pm
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:27 pm Actually the MeToo movement has ALSO reached Japan! In much less spectacular fashion but it has. Read this article on Hiroko Konishi and all she had to suffer.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... ry/.143311

This is why I will never watch the original Fruits Basket anime.

Also Tomokazu Seki is THE Vic Mignogna of Japan. He's so awful that many actresses dont want to work with him anymore.
God, Tomokazu Seki too? First Daisuke Namikawa, now Seki... the guy was one of my favorite VA's... Who's next, Takehito Koyasu? Toshiyuki Morikawa? Shinichiro Miki?

I hope Nobutoshi Canna hasn't done anything like that. The guy's one of my favorite VA's as well.
What has Tomokazu Seki done? What about Daisuke Namikawa?
Namikawa had been cheating on his wife since 2004 with an underage girl IIRC and Seki has a history of being inappropriate to his female co-workers. Kana Hanazawa doesn't like working with him.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:44 pm

ssj4 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:52 pm Blackface is never just a joke for FFS. It's always racist and never acceptable. If you're going to defend it, then buzz off. This isn't worth my time.
No, YOU fuck off. You don’t get to tell others how to post, boy. Go be uppity somewhere else. Right now.
Did you REALLY just say that shit out loud? And in THIS specific context? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I mean THINK for a second about the specific words you happened to pick for the specific topic in question here. I'm as allergic to word-policing, hyper-sensitive SJW pedantry (of the obnoxiously over the top, stereotypical sort) as the next person: but this isn't exactly a small, petty nitpick of word choices here dude. This is kind of a "freeze dead in your tracks in horror at what kind of vile sludge just came out of you" kind of moment.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:51 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Kataphrut wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:59 pmIt's understandable why most sensible people would want to keep quiet, stop engaging in pointless debates and presume this is all over. But the other side had this propaganda mill churning nonstop since this all started and it's only sucking more and more people in. With stuff like this, we're starting to see the impact.
You literally just summed up a substantial part of how it was that the past 30-someodd years (or more) of the most corrosively idiotic, self-destructive, and amoral political decisions and courses of action in modern North American history were allowed to continue to fester and grow to become eventually seen as "conventional wisdom" without anywhere NEAR enough proper pushback and challenge.

And furthermore, why its so crucially important in general for most sane, rational people to NOT just passively sit by on the sidelines and tell themselves the comforting, passifying lie that "None of this is MY problem" or that "Eventually this'll all blow over and cooler heads will somehow prevail".

I'm talking of course about even MUCH broader, further-reaching issues here than either just this one Mignogna thing, or even MeToo as a collective whole: this post just happened to perfectly land on such a massively crucial piece of why and how it is that propaganda, even of the most blatantly ridiculous and asinine sort and within a more technologically advanced, "hyperconnected" and information-drenched time can manage to still be so effective and override reality and the truth for so many people who OUGHT to know better. Its not ALL of the reason by any means, but indeed the inaction and passivity of so many "normal" people who tell themselves "Nobody's stupid enough to believe THAT" is certainly a substantial part of the equation to some degree.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." and all of that.

I find it extra rich and drenched in irony that a subculture and fandom that is so RIFE with people who's entire lives and identities hinge on zealously worshiping and idolizing larger than life fictional fantasy comic book superhero characters like Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, the X-Men, or the Avengers, etc...

...and yet who take literally NOTHING of any real value from their examples of what "morality" and "heroism" should be, and either lie down and cower in blind, head-in-the-sand acceptance of real life injustice and barbarism and ignore ample opportunities to step up and live up to the example and ideal set by their fictional heroes in a practical, real life manner that can actually potentially do ACTUAL good for real people... or at worst will gleefully take part themselves in participating in the wreaking of that injustice upon others, acting more or less EXACTLY like the kind of thugs and bullies that their comic books heroes - if they existed in real life somehow - would be utterly repulsed by and would actively fight against and lay down their lives to protect and defend the sorts of people they take such glee in victimizing.

It takes a SPECIAL kind of myopic, uncritical eye and total lack of self-awareness to not spot the obvious oxymoron of a dude on Youtube videos with a room plastered full of Marvel and DC Hero shit (Captain America, Superman, Spider-Man, etc) taking sadistic joy and glee in defending the sleaziest of people who victimize and prey on others, to the point of bullying their victims (or potential victims) just for the petty spite of it.
Oh, it's happening everywhere mate. I'm from Australia, where we just elected state leader of the country's far-right anti-immigration party One Nation and noted Islamophobe Mark Latham to the New South Wales Senate just a week after the Christchurch massacres.

It's a difficult problem to deal with in the age of digital communication and social media because it's so easy for people to hide away in echo-chambers whenever something comes along that attempts to challenge their narrow-minded world view. It becomes tiring as a rational person to deal with retrograde thinking because people you try and argue with can just shut the discussion down at any point. And of course many bad actors with unspeakable views WANT to be debated because it gives them legitimacy. Nothing will shake them from it because most prejudices are rooted in an emotional belief, but by giving them a platform, you're effectively empowering them.

On this topic, you've done a good job over the last 100 or so pages of this thread setting people straight about bullshit. But this is one of the few forums where this is being discussed where you can actually convince someone. You certainly can't on Twitter, which is where the worst of it is right now. Try to explain to someone there about why sexual harassment cases are rarely reported or why the MeToo movement is necessary and you'll get nothing but "lol #IStandWithVic". And it's become so widespread now because of this online propaganda mill set up to specifically target immature, socially-isolated people. How do you convince someone like that? It would be pathetic if it wasn't getting real traction.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:44 pm
Did you REALLY just say that shit out loud? And in THIS specific context? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I mean THINK for a second about the specific words you happened to pick for the specific topic in question here. I'm as allergic to word-policing, hyper-sensitive SJW pedantry (of the obnoxiously over the top, stereotypical sort) as the next person: but this isn't exactly a small, petty nitpick of word choices here dude. This is kind of a "freeze dead in your tracks in horror at what kind of vile sludge just came out of you" kind of moment.
Mods, can this racist ass be banned please?

Also, please don't use SJW. Like, it's not a real insult.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:04 pm

Report the offending post, it goes straight to the mods. Asking for them in the thread doesn't achieve anything productive.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:11 pm

As far as the idea of Vic and his lawyers trying to make companies (like FUNi) hire him back goes - is...that even possible? I wouldn't think it would. In any other field of work, I would think suing for "wrongful termination" would be applicable, but with acting? Especially voice acting? Especially non-union anime voice acting? I wouldn't imagine anyone is actually 'contracted' to the point that they can't be replaced whenever the company/directors wish, irregardless of reason. I'm also pretty sure that Texas is a right to work state just like Arkansas, which basically means you can be let go for any reason - good, bad, or nonexistent - so long as it's not race, religion, or orientation related.

So basically, as far as I know, outside of people in charge's minds being changed, I don't think a lawsuit against FUNimation would actually affect much, because I can't imagine it holding enough water to get anything done.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:19 pm

ssj4 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 pm Mods, can this racist ass be banned please?
Don't understand how Kunzait was being racist there.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:20 pm

KBABZ wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:19 pm
ssj4 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 pm Mods, can this racist ass be banned please?
Don't understand how Kunzait was being racist there.
He means the other guy.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:27 pm

ssj4 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 pmAlso, please don't use SJW. Like, it's not a real insult.
I was using it in a purely clinical, descriptive sense: there ARE some folks out there who do genuinely fit the right wing strawman stereotype and go hair-trigger nuclear on anyone for even the slightest little non-offence and will call someone "racist" for something that is completely benign and innocuous.

Mind you, those people are like, a RIDICULOUSLY inconsequential minority (and who mainly congregate on social media and college campuses in certain, specific regions) and have all of jack shit of an impact on anything of any real consequence, apart from lending racist cretins with undue ammo and acting as handy "boy who cried wolf" strawmen for them to use against regular people who are fighting against very real and very blatant racism: but they DO technically exist, and unfortunately have grown to become enough of a part of these kinds of conversations (mostly due to right wing figures trotting them out time and time again the as a key part of their propagandistic narrative) that you unfortunately DO sometimes have to make the distinction at this point.

I certainly agree though that SJW, as a term unto itself, is a ridiculously godawful term even just in a pure etymological sense. Like really? Fighting for social justice is now somehow a BAD thing? Once again, pause to note the colossal irony that many of the most ardent anti-SJW goons will go around spouting racist (or racist-sympathizing, which is effectively a distinction without a difference) rhetoric and who gleefully relish in bullying women who've been sexually harassed as well as ethnic minorities who've been racially discriminated against... all while wearing t shirts and displaying memorabilia of fictional comic book characters who are famous and beloved for standing DIAMETRICALLY AGAINST every single stupid, hateful idea and notion that's coming out of their mouths and defending to the death and representing the very same kinds of oppressed, voiceless people who's mere existence seems to piss them off so much.

But in practical terms, there really isn't a better known term to use to describe the kinds of people who ACTUALLY DO fit the "blue haired scold who will call someone a literal Nazi over something ridiculously innocuous or petty" stereotype like in actuality. So unfortunately, we're kind stuck with it in that context, at least for the time being.

I only brought it up to illustrate that my highlighting Xanatos' post was absolutely NOT that (since "getting hung up over specific word choices" is a hallmark of the overzealous SJW stereotype) but rather that his specific insults and word use was something that's ACTUALLY and legitimately fucking hatefully vile and stomach churningly hideous and DRENCHED in a VAST (and fairly fucking well known) racist history in their use in contexts EXACTLY like this one.

They're specific enough words in a specific enough context that the likelihood of his using them being an "innocent accident" or "unintentional slip of the tongue/keyboard" is pretty much EXCEEDINGLY slim to none. That was almost 95% likely a case of "the mask slipped off there for a second" or at the very best and most charitable "the subconscious sewage bubbled up to the surface for a second".
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:34 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:51 pm
Kunzait_83 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Kataphrut wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:59 pmIt's understandable why most sensible people would want to keep quiet, stop engaging in pointless debates and presume this is all over. But the other side had this propaganda mill churning nonstop since this all started and it's only sucking more and more people in. With stuff like this, we're starting to see the impact.
You literally just summed up a substantial part of how it was that the past 30-someodd years (or more) of the most corrosively idiotic, self-destructive, and amoral political decisions and courses of action in modern North American history were allowed to continue to fester and grow to become eventually seen as "conventional wisdom" without anywhere NEAR enough proper pushback and challenge.

And furthermore, why its so crucially important in general for most sane, rational people to NOT just passively sit by on the sidelines and tell themselves the comforting, passifying lie that "None of this is MY problem" or that "Eventually this'll all blow over and cooler heads will somehow prevail".

I'm talking of course about even MUCH broader, further-reaching issues here than either just this one Mignogna thing, or even MeToo as a collective whole: this post just happened to perfectly land on such a massively crucial piece of why and how it is that propaganda, even of the most blatantly ridiculous and asinine sort and within a more technologically advanced, "hyperconnected" and information-drenched time can manage to still be so effective and override reality and the truth for so many people who OUGHT to know better. Its not ALL of the reason by any means, but indeed the inaction and passivity of so many "normal" people who tell themselves "Nobody's stupid enough to believe THAT" is certainly a substantial part of the equation to some degree.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." and all of that.

I find it extra rich and drenched in irony that a subculture and fandom that is so RIFE with people who's entire lives and identities hinge on zealously worshiping and idolizing larger than life fictional fantasy comic book superhero characters like Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, the X-Men, or the Avengers, etc...

...and yet who take literally NOTHING of any real value from their examples of what "morality" and "heroism" should be, and either lie down and cower in blind, head-in-the-sand acceptance of real life injustice and barbarism and ignore ample opportunities to step up and live up to the example and ideal set by their fictional heroes in a practical, real life manner that can actually potentially do ACTUAL good for real people... or at worst will gleefully take part themselves in participating in the wreaking of that injustice upon others, acting more or less EXACTLY like the kind of thugs and bullies that their comic books heroes - if they existed in real life somehow - would be utterly repulsed by and would actively fight against and lay down their lives to protect and defend the sorts of people they take such glee in victimizing.

It takes a SPECIAL kind of myopic, uncritical eye and total lack of self-awareness to not spot the obvious oxymoron of a dude on Youtube videos with a room plastered full of Marvel and DC Hero shit (Captain America, Superman, Spider-Man, etc) taking sadistic joy and glee in defending the sleaziest of people who victimize and prey on others, to the point of bullying their victims (or potential victims) just for the petty spite of it.
Oh, it's happening everywhere mate. I'm from Australia, where we just elected state leader of the country's far-right anti-immigration party One Nation and noted Islamophobe Mark Latham to the New South Wales Senate just a week after the Christchurch massacres.

It's a difficult problem to deal with in the age of digital communication and social media because it's so easy for people to hide away in echo-chambers whenever something comes along that attempts to challenge their narrow-minded world view. It becomes tiring as a rational person to deal with retrograde thinking because people you try and argue with can just shut the discussion down at any point. And of course many bad actors with unspeakable views WANT to be debated because it gives them legitimacy. Nothing will shake them from it because most prejudices are rooted in an emotional belief, but by giving them a platform, you're effectively empowering them.

On this topic, you've done a good job over the last 100 or so pages of this thread setting people straight about bullshit. But this is one of the few forums where this is being discussed where you can actually convince someone. You certainly can't on Twitter, which is where the worst of it is right now. Try to explain to someone there about why sexual harassment cases are rarely reported or why the MeToo movement is necessary and you'll get nothing but "lol #IStandWithVic". And it's become so widespread now because of this online propaganda mill set up to specifically target immature, socially-isolated people. How do you convince someone like that? It would be pathetic if it wasn't getting real traction.

Social media sites are the worst. Sites like twitter, Facebook, YouTube have done the most damage and the people in control of these sites have done literally nothing about stopping the propaganda that spreads on their sites.

I mean yes they finally banned Alex Jones but the damage he did has already been done and there are countless more Alex Jones out there.

But in the end it’s all about money for these sites. They don’t care they are a big part of the problem about letting misinfirmation spread like wild fire on their sites.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:35 pm

......Huh? As far as the "over sensitive SJW" stuff goes, I'm not anywhere near that; in fact, I would even say I'm slightly right-leaning when it comes to many political things, so people calling you out on this isnt just "being a super sensitive SJW" or whatever. Black face is obviously no where near defendable, and this post, as well as you, has no place being on Kanzenshuu. As if defending black face itself wasn't awful enough, the word "boy" in that way makes this post even worse. Part of me wants to think this was an unclear attempt at sarcasm, but it doesn't really seem like it. Wow...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Power. Power is that which divides us. Those with the most power use their power to take the power of others. They pit those weaker than them against one another through arbitrary characteristics while they run out the back door with all of the power. This occurs both in the wider economy and the sub-culture of fandom. Conservative ideology sets to pit those who lack self-esteem against racial, gender and sexual minorities. We see this a lot in the whites being manipulated by conservatives into blaming government for their financial and social woes, preaching to the common white man that minorities somehow have it easy or are being treated as superior to them. This stokes resentment from a thread of the quilt that is our country into even ruining itself to spite it. By making social welfare programs limited to minorities--rather than opening them up for everyone as they should--you create an environment of artificial conflict. It's all a ruse.

In layman's terms, the Anti-Social Justice Warrior movement exists because the economy that the wealthy conservatives have purposefully sabotaged since the 1970s prevents the masses from enjoying a life of leisure. This tension boils up and incites conflict between the masses. It's a brilliant plan and sounds like the plot of a fictional story...but it is very much true.

The cancer spreads through society, being passed from one generation to the next, slowly eating away at the base of humanity by preventing our young from being properly nurtured. It's a Domino Effect and will only continue to kill us.

In short, Anti-SJWs wouldn't exist in any meaningful capacity if wages and social programs were strong enough to prevent children from not receiving the nurturing from their parental figures to become intelligent and emphatic members of society.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Please don't let this turn into a political thread where each side is asking for the other side to be banned...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:03 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:59 pm Please don't let this turn into a political thread where each side is asking for the other side to be banned...
Everything is political. This thread exists because our society is producing people (men, specifically) who are harming society. Attacking the root of the problem is the only way to prevent another Mic Vignogna.
She/Her
bisexual milf

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:03 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:59 pm Please don't let this turn into a political thread where each side is asking for the other side to be banned...
Everything is political. This thread exists because our society is producing people (men, specifically) who are harming society. Attacking the root of the problem is the only way to prevent another Mic Vignogna.
The thread exists because of the ongoing news of Vic Mignogna. Not to make tangent rant posts debating about political ideologies while ignoring the original thread. Also telling people to leave the site or asking them to be banned for having differing opinions is very immature and ridiculous.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:20 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:13 pm
The thread exists because of the ongoing news of Vic Mignogna. Not to make tangent rant posts debating about political ideologies while ignoring the original thread. Also telling people to leave the site or asking them to be banned for having differing opinions is very immature and ridiculous.
To solve the problem that Mic Vignogna is a symptom of we must address the root causation of the phenomenon.

Additionally, supporting a verified sexual abuser of both adults and children alike does not an opinion make. You prefer vanilla ice cream over strawberry? Perfectly valid opinion and not in anyway a bannable offense. Advocating for a sociopath and refusing to acknowledge the testimony of dozens of victims and photographic and video proof? That's a real problem that will only perpetuate the cancer eating our society alive.
She/Her
bisexual milf

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:21 pm

Given your other posts and the specific wording here I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt once and assume you're being satirical. But even so, Jesus Fucking Christ, this discussion has gone way too far past the Poe's Law threshold to be posting some shit like this.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:26 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:03 pm Everything is political. This thread exists because our society is producing people (men, specifically) who are harming society. Attacking the root of the problem is the only way to prevent another Mic Vignogna.
It's still casting a much wider net than anything very specific to this thread. I understand wanting to enact change on a bigger level (not certain I agree with everything you wrote?? whatever) but right now the subject is specifically THIS dude and THIS community and there are definite ways of specifically effecting THOSE things that are much more accessible to a group such as Kanzenshuu (and the Dragon Ball fandom as a whole, if they can get their heads screwed on right) than there is on western society as a whole.
SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:13 pm The thread exists because of the ongoing news of Vic Mignogna. Not to make tangent rant posts debating about political ideologies while ignoring the original thread. Also telling people to leave the site or asking them to be banned for having differing opinions is very immature and ridiculous.
On the flipside, I think it's important to discuss how people like Vic come to be what they are, what enables them and how it can possibly be counteracted. Let's not mince words here, politics are reality. Everything is politicized to an extent or is affected by politics, and the ones that lead to meatheads defending a creep like Vic should be brought to the forefront.

Also, I don't think she was asking for anyone specifically to be banned. Even if so, the mods are totally able to ban people at their own discretion if they find behavior they determine as against the rules everyone agreed to upon joining this site, any part of which you could classify as "differing opinions". Something being an opinion doesn't preclude it from criticism, against the sites rules, or worth banning over, especially when said opinion is hurtful or potentially even dangerous with subjects like this.

To be perfectly honest, there's been a lot less bans than I was expecting from when this thread started, and I'm really quite impressed with the mods for keeping it under control with some of the shit that's gone on here (not that I'm innocent, I was talking about Sonic the fuckin hedgehog in here like four pages ago), whether or not they "disagreed" with the opinion that creepy sexually-harassing 56 year-old z-list actors shouldn't be let into conventions where they sexually harass and assault people.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:30 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:20 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:13 pm

To solve the problem that Mic Vignogna is a symptom of we must address the root causation of the phenomenon.

Additionally, supporting a verified sexual abuser of both adults and children alike does not an opinion make. You prefer vanilla ice cream over strawberry? Perfectly valid opinion and not in anyway a bannable offense. Advocating for a sociopath and refusing to acknowledge the testimony of dozens of victims and photographic and video proof? That's a real problem that will only perpetuate the cancer eating our society alive.
I didn't realize this thread was titled "Let's solve the Mic Vignogna problem by debating political ideologies". I thought it was about the ongoing Vic Mignogna news. My bad! As you were.. :thumbup: