Should there be a DragonBall Budokai?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Should there be a DragonBall Budokai?

Post by Jakez04 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:15 pm

I think they should make one. I find the characters in Dragonball better than any other series. Because Goku doesn't waist them like there nutin. They got two Budokais for the DragonballZ series. They should make one for Dragonball before GT. Then besides fighting as kid Goku and Kid Kuririn and even Tein(when he was stronger than most of the Z fighters) would be sweet. Don't you guys think so? :P
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:28 pm

I would really like to see one. I'm dying for a chance to run around as T'ao Paipai and slash people. There's a huge cast of characters to choose from, even with multiple outfits (as the Budokai games seem to have such fun with, which I love)!

* T'ao Paipai (human / cyborg)
* Kame-Sen'nin (regular / "Jackie Chun")
* Yamcha (original outfit / orange gi)
* Chiaotzu ("prince" outfit / regular)
* Kami-sama (regular / "Shen")
* Piccolo-Daimao (old / young)

Brain tired. Any other thoughts for potential characters with multiple outfits? I mean, you could obviously do young / old versions of almost everyone due to the 23rd Budokai...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:33 pm

Don't forget Chichi. They could also throw in, say, Lunch, Grandpa Gohan, Tsurusennin, or some of the RRA guys. I'd love to play as Murasaki or Blue...

And, of course, we need Pilaf.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:42 pm

And then give him that big ass mech he fights with!

Yeah, a Dragon Ball Budokai would be awesome. Kuririn could have his original Oorin Temple outfit and his Kame gi. Goku would be tough, since he's one of the few characters that really 'grows up'. His appearance between the 21st Tenka'ichi Budokai and 22nd differs a lot on its own. Not to mentiont the change of clothes and all that. Which makes me wonder... Would he have the nyoibo to fight with?
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:42 pm

Gotta have Yajirobe in there too surely? :) And also Android #8, although for their alternate outfits, I couldn't think of anything other than different colours, which i "love" in Budokai :roll:
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:17 pm

They should release a Budoukai style game on GBA. Slit the throats on the graphics and it should be possible.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:30 pm

Great Idea! You should be able to play as anyone who has ever been in a Budokai between 21 and 23. Bacterian!!! Others as well, but I don't think it would be following rules anymore if Pilaf got a mech...

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:17 pm

I'd like to see how they'd do the outfit thing with Lanfan. Mode 1: clothed. Mode 2: underwear?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:05 am

A Dragonball Budokai game would be a wicked idea, I'd buy it up in a heart beat. (Although I'd probably buy any game with the DB logos). Yet I never see this happening...I think they don't look at DB as a serious market.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:33 pm

Viewing the polls on the official site I think they do. Only I think it's more likely a Dragonball GT Budoukai game'd come out first.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:54 pm

I'm really looking forward to the idea of a GT Budokai, or whatever they call it. GT may not have been the best series, but who wouldn't want to play as:

SSJ4 Goku
SSJ4 Vegeta
SSJ4 Gogeta
Super 17
Baby
Baby Vegeta
Shinrons
Rildo (Okay, I'm reaching now...)

Anyways, you get my point. Besides, if Atari get's really brave, they might toy around with the idea of creating a Super Saiyan 5 Goku, just for all the poor dissapointed fans. :D

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:59 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a GT Budokai, but I'd prefer to see a DB one first. But if they did include a SSJ5 I'd throw up on my PS2 I'm afraid.........then mail it to Atari :twisted:
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:15 pm

If they created an SSJ5 for the game, do you realize how many idiots would think that it's official, and that there's a DBAF? Too many.

johnnyboy

Post by johnnyboy » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:01 pm

Yeah... that would be horrible.

Pirate Hunter

Post by Pirate Hunter » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:23 pm

That would be an awesome idea for a game! I would love to play as Piccolo Diamou or Ma Jr. And it be awesome if it had cut scenes rather than the Dragon World type thing.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:41 pm

Characters fight exactly the same no matter what outfit they wear, so any character with two ages would really have to appear at two seperate playable characters.

I suppose for Chibi Goku, the obvious choices are the original blue outfit he wears at the start, and his regular red gi.

The special moves they have would be interesting. Less energy attacks, and more physical. And the characters shouldn't be able to through ki blasts around with a single button press.

Rock, scissors, paper!

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:12 pm

SSJHitch wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a GT Budokai, but I'd prefer to see a DB one first. But if they did include a SSJ5 I'd throw up on my PS2 I'm afraid.........then mail it to Atari :twisted:
Yeah, I guess we shouldn't try to do anything original, after all I think it was written in stone somewhere that all Dragonball games have to play exactly the same, and must follow the TV series (poorly). Heaven forbid they should try anything new.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:56 pm

Well, there's trying something original that's still sorta within the overal context of the series (such as, say, having a Tenshinhan/Yamcha fusion), and then there's just pulling crazy shit out of thin air.

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:35 pm

Hey wasn't General Blue you know umm a bit on the sweet side(nicest way I could put it. Dun get mad EX.) :lol: If so what would be his taunt for the game if there was one made?
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:03 am

He would come on to a small child in a hideously inapporpriate manner that would cause mass shock and outrage up and down the land.

(To be fair, I don't know Dr Slump from Quantum Mechanics, so that lad could actually be 35 or something, but I bet FUNimation were shitting themselves wondering how they had to "translate" that scene, because there was NO way they were going to be able to leave it as is.)