Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:17 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:26 pm It was just an interview of Vic's lawyer talking about the situation. I was told I should be banned for posting propaganda... It's definitely relevant news no matter what side your on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP_QryM96JM
Well, I haven't spoken very long with the man, aside from when he invaded me and Jessika's conversation...but he already left a bad taste in my mouth just from when I called him out on this...

https://twitter.com/NickRekieta/status/ ... 3849781253

Only for him to then backpedal, and claim that it had nothing to do with threatening Kamehacon. According to him, it was a joke in response to people telling him that he had never seen a guest contract before... And evidently, that tweet was supposed to shut them up, so that they wouldn't be able to use that argument anymore...

But, I think he knew what he was doing. He used deliberately vague language to give folks the wrong impression, threaten VAs, AND give himself plausible deniability if someone were to call him out on it. Or, it was bait that he knew folks would misunderstand.

This is the exact kind of person VegettoEX was talking about. And considering that lawyers aren't exactly known for their "honesty" or "integrity" lawyers, I doubt this is the guy you should be making an exception for.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:17 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:26 pm It was just an interview of Vic's lawyer talking about the situation. I was told I should be banned for posting propaganda... It's definitely relevant news no matter what side your on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP_QryM96JM
Well, I haven't spoken very long with the man, aside from when he invaded me and Jessika's conversation...but he already left a bad taste in my mouth just from when I called him out on this...

Only for him to then backpedal, and claim that it had nothing to do with threatening Kamehacon. According to him, it was a joke in response to people telling him that he had never seen a guest contract before... And evidently, that tweet was supposed to shut them up, so that they wouldn't be able to use that argument anymore...

But, I think he knew what he was doing. He used deliberately vague language to give folks the wrong impression, threaten VAs, AND give himself plausible deniability if someone were to call him out on it. Or, it was bait that he knew folks would misunderstand.

This is the exact kind of person VegettoEX was talking about. And considering that lawyers aren't exactly known for their "honesty" or "integrity" lawyers, I doubt this is the guy you should be making an exception for.
That is not Vic's lawyer. He only interviewed Vic's lawyer, which is the video I posted. If Vic's lawyer wasn't being interviewed in the video then it wouldn't be relevant.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:38 pm

When the man conducting the interview is spreading propaganda about the situation online, you know what the purpose of this 'interview' is.

An interview conducted by people on the same side as the person they're interviewing, for the viewing of people on the same side, is clearly going to be incredibly biased.

I'd accept an independent source interviewing Beard as being newsworthy. I'd even accept Rekieta being interviewed by an independent source. But Rekieta interviewing Beard? He's doing that as a form of propaganda.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:40 pm

I don't get it. Why is Rekieta so popular when he's done FUCKING BLACKFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:43 pm

Saiga wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:38 pm When the man conducting the interview is spreading propaganda about the situation online, you know what the purpose of this 'interview' is.

An interview conducted by people on the same side as the person they're interviewing, for the viewing of people on the same side, is clearly going to be incredibly biased.

I'd accept an independent source interviewing Beard as being newsworthy. I'd even accept Rekieta being interviewed by an independent source. But Rekieta interviewing Beard? He's doing that as a form of propaganda.
Sorry, but the only way to hear Vic's lawyer speak is through the videos I posted. If you don't want to listen that's fine, but you won't get a full view of what's happening. Here it is for anyone that's curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP_QryM96JM

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:45 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:26 pm

That is not Vic's lawyer. He only interviewed Vic's lawyer, which is the video I posted. If Vic's lawyer wasn't being interviewed in the video then it wouldn't be relevant.
You are right he isn’t Vic’s lawyer but he is still Vic’s friend speaking on Vic’s behalf. Bringing Vic’s lawyer on. Making videos in defense of Vic and attacking others

So guess what even though he doesn’t represent Vic legally the way he conducts himself in defense of Vic is a reflection of Vic

I know Vic is a coward and is trying to hide behind this friend of his and his crazy alt right fans Online but to me it shows exactly WHO Vic is.

And I laugh when people say Vic is a kind and polite man. Not if you ever listen to the countless horror stories about him at cons
Last edited by Kinokima on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:46 pm

You can't divorce Rekieta from an interview conducted by Rekieta. If that's the only source to hear from Beard, than there are no worthwhile sources to hear from Beard.

It cannot be simpler than that.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 pm

All good. I personally like knowing things from every angle, similar to Whis. :lol:

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Kinokima wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:45 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:26 pm

You are right he isn’t Vic’s lawyer but he is still Vic’s friend speaking on Vic’s behalf. Bringing Vic’s lawyer on. Making videos in defense of Vic and attacking others

So guess what even though he doesn’t represent Vic legally the way he conducts himself in defense of Vic is a reflection of Vic

I know Vic is a coward and is trying to hide behind this friend of his and his crazy alt right fans Online but to me it shows exactly WHO Vic is.

And I laugh when people say Vic is a kind and polite man. Not if you ever listen to the countless horror stories about him at cons
What kind of stories?

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:03 pm

Yeah, nobody should watch that lawyer's videos under any circumstance. There's a reason he jumps all over every alt-right nerd "campaign" like this and directs it to monetized videos and attempts to sell merch. He's got nothing worthwhile to say, he's got no relevant information or direct involvement in the situation, and every time you click his videos you're just feeding and encouraging his BS. Anything else would be a better use of your time.

On that note - I've known a good few lawyers, and let me tell you, none of them would have so much free time to tweet and stream 24/7 about situations they're not even directly involved with. Lawyers tend to be very busy. (Well, successful ones, anyway...)

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:07 pm

ssj4 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:40 pm I don't get it. Why is Rekieta so popular when he's done FUCKING BLACKFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You just answered your own question.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:15 pm

ssj4 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:40 pm I don't get it. Why is Rekieta so popular when he's done FUCKING BLACKFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because "being callously ignorant at best, and vehemently racist at worst, to own the libs" is seen as a virtue by a lot of people online these days.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:43 pm

That reminds me, I haven't really seen Tropic Thunder, but how the hell did Robert Downey Jr. get away with doing blackface in that film? Was it like, satirical or something? Because I'm sure Rekieta would use that excuse.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:47 pm

Shaddy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:43 pm That reminds me, I haven't really seen Tropic Thunder, but how the hell did Robert Downey Jr. get away with doing blackface in that film? Was it like, satirical or something? Because I'm sure Rekieta would use that excuse.
Downey JR character was done to mock those who wear blackface/method actors who use it.

Rekieta was just being racist

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:48 pm

Given the fact that these people also hate women it doesn't surprise me that they are also racist. The two flavors go hand-in-hand, like a toxic Slurpee from Hell.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:53 pm

Shaddy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:43 pm That reminds me, I haven't really seen Tropic Thunder, but how the hell did Robert Downey Jr. get away with doing blackface in that film? Was it like, satirical or something? Because I'm sure Rekieta would use that excuse.
RDJ plays a white actor who was surgically altered to appear black, as a satire of Blackface and other methods cast white actors as non-white characters.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:54 pm

I still can't believe people donated 200K for a gofundme....

like..................just why

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:58 pm

It's at near 120k right now, with just over 4,000 donators.

Average donation is roughly $30, which isn't that much. I'm just amazed how many people care enough to donate. That's the bamboozling part.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:19 pm

Saiga wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:58 pm It's at near 120k right now, with just over 4,000 donators.

Average donation is roughly $30, which isn't that much. I'm just amazed how many people care enough to donate. That's the bamboozling part.
It disheartens me how many anime fans are supporting this?

Why? Of all the causes to donate to, why this? defending a creepy?

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:40 pm

With sexual assault being such a common thing at nerd conventions, is it any wonder that a bunch of royal fuckup weebs might want to donate to a cause that minimizes what they themselves might very well be guilty of?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃