"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Melkaniator » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:28 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:22 pm
Melkaniator wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:26 pm I completely dislike Cumber's design
Cumber's design? what about it?
SS3 Goku color-swap with eyebrows, it's like he was from a "create your own character mode".

Not the 1st character like that in the series, but man, they're really trying to hype this one, I'm happy he's not a part of the canon (even though canon doesn't mean much these days).
Rakurai wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:09 pm
Melkaniator wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:26 pm
Why would that imply anything?
Skirtless Hit is originally a concept of the manga. Hit taking off his skirt means he's improved to the point where he doesn't need to rely only on Time Skip to fight.

Since the arc follows from the DBS anime, and Hit didn't take off his skirt in the anime, battling without a skirt now means exactly just that.
I disagree, but okay.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 am

Melkaniator wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:28 am
Melkaniator wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:26 pm I completely dislike Cumber's design
SS3 Goku color-swap with eyebrows, it's like he was from a "create your own character mode".
I massively disagree with this. Dude looks nothing like Goku.

You could claim any super saiyan 3 is a goku remodel since the hair is the least unique between users of the form.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:24 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 am

You could claim any super saiyan 3 is a goku remodel since the hair is the least unique between users of the form.
Right. Son Goku bears almost no resemblance to the likes of Kanba. While, Raditz from Dragon Ball Z and Rigor from Dragon Ball New Age look a lot more like Kanba than Son Goku.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:50 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:24 pm
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 am

Right. Son Goku bears almost no resemblance to the likes of Kanba. While, Raditz from Dragon Ball Z and Rigor from Dragon Ball New Age look a lot more like Kanba than Son Goku.
There was a reason some people were suspecting the at the time 'evil saiyan' was Raditz:Xeno back when his art first came up. Personally I am kinda happy with the idea of a time travelling saiyan who fought a super saiyan god in the past, but I'd rather see that fleshed out in concept in the main canon where the implied info on Cumber's history can be used for more that small hints and implications. Give him a well animated fight to do him justice.

It's a shame because every member of the core area warriors have cool designs and interesting abilities, they feel like they could be movie villains, especially Hearts.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:03 pm

Not the 1st character like that in the series, but man, they're really trying to hype this one, I'm happy he's not a part of the canon (even though canon doesn't mean much these days).
Rakurai wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:09 pm
Melkaniator wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:26 pm
Why would that imply anything?
Skirtless Hit is originally a concept of the manga. Hit taking off his skirt means he's improved to the point where he doesn't need to rely only on Time Skip to fight.

Since the arc follows from the DBS anime, and Hit didn't take off his skirt in the anime, battling without a skirt now means exactly just that.
I disagree, but okay.
You can disagree but if you don't have evidence or reasoning to the contrary then your opinion means very little. Support Hit is skirtless in UM6. Skirtless Hit is a concept from the manga that means Hit got stronger and more reflexive as a martial artist.

And this wasn't directed at me but to comment on your thought of the Cumber design, you can dislike whatever you want but saying Cumber is a SSJ3 Goku palette swap is ridiculous, might as well say SSJ3 Goku is a palette swap of Raditz. Or Future Gohan is a carbon copy of Yamcha. Or Cabba is a carbon copy of Tarble, actually this is probably more true than what you said about Cumber.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:19 pm

Cumber's hairstyle does feel a little generic but I think it suits him which is important. And it's the rest of his design that sets him apart. I like his mouth restraint and cuffs that he's still wearing, his outfit is quite good.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:28 am

Saiga wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:19 pm Cumber's hairstyle does feel a little generic but I think it suits him which is important. And it's the rest of his design that sets him apart. I like his mouth restraint and cuffs that he's still wearing, his outfit is quite good.
We do seem to be getting a lot of long hair mullet looks, but then we have had a surge of super saiyan 3's in Heroes so I guess there is that to contribute.

Yeah I cant look at him without hoping a dub would mean Tom Hardy's Bane voice would come out.

'Once you have given me the best fight of your life, then you have my permission to get a zenkai.'

Saitou Hajime
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saitou Hajime » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:57 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:28 am
Saiga wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:19 pm Cumber's hairstyle does feel a little generic but I think it suits him which is important. And it's the rest of his design that sets him apart. I like his mouth restraint and cuffs that he's still wearing, his outfit is quite good.
We do seem to be getting a lot of long hair mullet looks, but then we have had a surge of super saiyan 3's in Heroes so I guess there is that to contribute.

Yeah I cant look at him without hoping a dub would mean Tom Hardy's Bane voice would come out.

'Once you have given me the best fight of your life, then you have my permission to get a zenkai.'
Cumber: Do you feel in charge?
Hearts: I let you fight Jiren!
Cumber: Do you think that gives you power over me?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:53 pm

Saitou Hajime wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:57 pm

Cumber: Leave us.
Zamasu: No! You stay. I'm in charge!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:41 am

Finished UM3 Prison Planet arc, up next will be the Demigra Assault arc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pB7 ... sp=sharing

Note: I used Evil Saiyan as Cumber's designation in most of UM3 and also went back and changed Cumber's name to Evil Saiyan in UM2. Not that it would matter much but I figured this would be more appropriate since... Cumber's name doesn't get revealed until UM3. I'll start using Cumber again in UM4.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:13 am

Wow, the Arcade story is a fair bit different to the anime/manga story, which really cut things down.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:12 am

Rakurai wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:41 am Finished UM3 Prison Planet arc, up next will be the Demigra Assault arc.

Note: I used Evil Saiyan as Cumber's designation in most of UM3 and also went back and changed Cumber's name to Evil Saiyan in UM2. Not that it would matter much but I figured this would be more appropriate since... Cumber's name doesn't get revealed until UM3. I'll start using Cumber again in UM4.
Awesome thanks Rakurai look forward to more and more of the Prison Planet (In-Game Storyline) From UVM4 and so forth

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:38 am

Kanassa wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:53 pm
Saitou Hajime wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:57 pm

Cumber: Leave us.
Zamasu: No! You stay. I'm in charge!
From now on, I will call him Cumbane

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:43 am

Finished UM3 Demigra Assault arc. Will try to get UM4 done soon too.

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:12 am Awesome thanks Rakurai look forward to more and more of the Prison Planet (In-Game Storyline) From UVM4 and so forth
Glad you enjoy it! Hope these translations will be useful to those who want to know more after playing World Mission too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:43 am Finished UM3 Demigra Assault arc. Will try to get UM4 done soon too.

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:12 am Awesome thanks Rakurai look forward to more and more of the Prison Planet (In-Game Storyline) From UVM4 and so forth
Glad you enjoy it! Hope these translations will be useful to those who want to know more after playing World Mission too.
Thanks for the translations!

Man, is a shame we're missing all this stuff, even if isn't as well developed as I'd like, I really appreciate the way Heroes plays fast and loose with DB continuity.

That said, I'm guessing the dialogue is ambiguous enough to allow placing Planet Prison before Demigra's Assault?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:03 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 pm
Rakurai wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:43 am Finished UM3 Demigra Assault arc. Will try to get UM4 done soon too.

Thanks for the translations!

Man, is a shame we're missing all this stuff, even if isn't as well developed as I'd like, I really appreciate the way Heroes plays fast and loose with DB continuity.

That said, I'm guessing the dialogue is ambiguous enough to allow placing Planet Prison before Demigra's Assault?
it should be set before Demigra's assault and Mechikaboola's return

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:06 am

I have a question, and forgive me if this has already been discussed in this huge thread:

Xeno Trunks is supposed to be a version of Mirai Trunks, caught up in that Time Patrol crap, right? But in the animation where he and Xeno Goten fuse, they're acting like he's regular timeline Trunks, being best friends with Goten. Have they ever tried to explain or fix this?

Because it doesn't make any sense for them to act that way, even if I accept that Mirai knows the fusion dance. (Also, it feels oddly wrong for Goten to fuse with any other Trunks than his own, like he's cheating on him somehow.)
Trunks & Goten forever

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:32 am

Thanos6 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:06 am I have a question, and forgive me if this has already been discussed in this huge thread:

Xeno Trunks is supposed to be a version of Mirai Trunks, caught up in that Time Patrol crap, right? But in the animation where he and Xeno Goten fuse, they're acting like he's regular timeline Trunks, being best friends with Goten. Have they ever tried to explain or fix this?

Because it doesn't make any sense for them to act that way, even if I accept that Mirai knows the fusion dance. (Also, it feels oddly wrong for Goten to fuse with any other Trunks than his own, like he's cheating on him somehow.)
Time Patrol Trunks isn't the real trunks he's a version AKA copy of him that was created by Chronoa in order to lead the time patrol and everybody else Goku: Xeno & Vegeta: Xeno for examples are copies of the real ones except they've experienced different chain of events as opposed to Z/Super Goku, Vegeta, & Trunks

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:18 am

Wait, what? He's just some sort of magic duplicate or something? Huh. (Note: obviously I haven't played the Xenoverse games.)
Trunks & Goten forever

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:42 am

I want to point out something about the fight between the Core Area Warriors and Jiren.

In the arcade game, the latter during the dialogues is shown to be in his LB form, but that can't be the case, because, as seen in a previous video, Jiren joins the fight to save Toppo from Zamasu, meaning that he just got there, so it's unlikely that he's shirtless already.

This means that REGULAR JIREN fights Zamasu, Ssj3 FP Cumber and Hearts all at once, not LB Jiren.

Amazing.