"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:08 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:42 am I want to point out something about the fight between the Core Area Warriors and Jiren.

In the arcade game, the latter during the dialogues is shown to be in his LB form, but that can't be the case, because, as seen in a previous video, Jiren joins the fight to save Toppo from Zamasu, meaning that he just got there, so it's unlikely that he's shirtless already.

This means that REGULAR JIREN fights Zamasu, Ssj3 FP Cumber and Hearts all at once, not LB Jiren.

Amazing.
Nah dude base jiren doesn’t fight them the game even calls the form Super Full Power.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:12 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:32 am
Thanos6 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:06 am I have a question, and forgive me if this has already been discussed in this huge thread:

Xeno Trunks is supposed to be a version of Mirai Trunks, caught up in that Time Patrol crap, right? But in the animation where he and Xeno Goten fuse, they're acting like he's regular timeline Trunks, being best friends with Goten. Have they ever tried to explain or fix this?

Because it doesn't make any sense for them to act that way, even if I accept that Mirai knows the fusion dance. (Also, it feels oddly wrong for Goten to fuse with any other Trunks than his own, like he's cheating on him somehow.)
Time Patrol Trunks isn't the real trunks he's a version AKA copy of him that was created by Chronoa in order to lead the time patrol and everybody else Goku: Xeno & Vegeta: Xeno for examples are copies of the real ones except they've experienced different chain of events as opposed to Z/Super Goku, Vegeta, & Trunks
That is so wrong lol, in heroes continuity trunks: xeno is just future Trunks right up to the point after he kills the androids and cell in his own timeline, the other members of the time patrol we have no idea what timeline they come from(with the exception of bardock: xeno who’s story is just a mix of Dragon Ball minus and the BTFOG special) no idea where you got this idea that chronoa created copies of warriors cause she actually summons them from time rifts

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:09 am

Probably from the manga that adapts Mechakiboola's return, since there Chronoa is seen "pulling" Goku Xeno from Trunks' memories.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:13 am

OK, then that returns me to my original question/s.
Trunks & Goten forever

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:52 am

Does anybody here know if the Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku Card, HJ3-12 孫悟空, from Dragon Ball Heroes: JM3 has a video showing the transformation into the Super Saiyan God form?
Image Image

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:48 am

Thanos6 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:13 am OK, then that returns me to my original question/s.
You shouldn't use the SDBH trailers to reflect in-game events. They're not canon and nothing more than just for promotion of new cards in precariously placed in-game events.

In the arcade game, SDBH1-8 missions are told through interactions with XTrunks and the enemies only, with a few exceptions near the end like XGoku and XBardock. I don't believe XGoten and XTrunks interact throughout the missions at all through the dialogue until Demigra Assault arc.

So the best bet to get a glimpse to their relationship is through the SDBH manga. In which XGoten and XTrunks' relationship seems pretty casual and familiar.

But if FTrunks could interact normally with the main timeline, I don't think it's farfetched to think that the Xeno gang can interact with each other in that manner. Also, it's not just Trunks and Goten that fuse, Trunks and Vegeta (Potara), Trunks and Gohan (Dance) fuse as well.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:09 am Probably from the manga that adapts Mechakiboola's return, since there Chronoa is seen "pulling" Goku Xeno from Trunks' memories.
Actually, Chronoa is not literally pulling XGoku from XTrunks' memories. XGoku has to come from a different timeline since he knows SSJ4, and XTrunks prior to Time Patrol should not even be aware of SSJ4. She was just pulling a Goku out, but not the Goku he knew.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:58 am

Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:48 am
Thanos6 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:13 am OK, then that returns me to my original question/s.
But if FTrunks could interact normally with the main timeline, I don't think it's farfetched to think that the Xeno gang can interact with each other in that manner.
Yeah, but Goten interacting with Mirai Trunks I would think would be similar to how regular Trunks interacts with Gohan: friendly, sure, but not the legendarily inseparable best friends relationship Goten and regular Trunks have. But that's what I see in the trailer.
Also, it's not just Trunks and Goten that fuse, Trunks and Vegeta (Potara), Trunks and Gohan (Dance) fuse as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong, and it's quite possible I am, but isn't that a version of Mirai Trunks in both cases?

I don't know, it just doesn't feel right to ever have Goten or regular Trunks fuse with anyone else. Feels oddly like cheating to me. But I freely admit that's my own hangup.
Trunks & Goten forever

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanos6 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:58 am
But if FTrunks could interact normally with the main timeline, I don't think it's farfetched to think that the Xeno gang can interact with each other in that manner.
Yeah, but Goten interacting with Mirai Trunks I would think would be similar to how regular Trunks interacts with Gohan: friendly, sure, but not the legendarily inseparable best friends relationship Goten and regular Trunks have. But that's what I see in the trailer.
Also, it's not just Trunks and Goten that fuse, Trunks and Vegeta (Potara), Trunks and Gohan (Dance) fuse as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong, and it's quite possible I am, but isn't that a version of Mirai Trunks in both cases?

I don't know, it just doesn't feel right to ever have Goten or regular Trunks fuse with anyone else. Feels oddly like cheating to me. But I freely admit that's my own hangup.
I just checked, you're referring to the GM6 trailer, correct? Yeah I can see how you can get that inseparable BFF idea then.

But God Mission is a separate thing from SDBH. SDBH follows its own unique storyline which may or may not be tied to Xenoverse (I only say this because I'm not as familiar with Xenoverse storylines). And in SDBH, I don't get the feeling that they're the inseparable BFFs you refer to. XTrunks even refers to XGoten as "Goten-san" in UM3, indicating a sense of cordiality but not extreme familiarity like they've always known each other.

XTrunks fuses with both XVegeta and XGohan in separate cases. I was referring to their Xeno counterparts in that context. XTrunks is in essence a version of FTrunks.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:22 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:21 pm
Thanos6 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:58 am

I just checked, you're referring to the GM6 trailer, correct? Yeah I can see how you can get that inseparable BFF idea then.

But God Mission is a separate thing from SDBH. SDBH follows its own unique storyline which may or may not be tied to Xenoverse (I only say this because I'm not as familiar with Xenoverse storylines). And in SDBH, I don't get the feeling that they're the inseparable BFFs you refer to. XTrunks even refers to XGoten as "Goten-san" in UM3, indicating a sense of cordiality but not extreme familiarity like they've always known each other.

XTrunks fuses with both XVegeta and XGohan in separate cases. I was referring to their Xeno counterparts in that context. XTrunks is in essence a version of FTrunks.
Ummm.... SDBH follows god mission, they make this very clear and even reference god mission. The end of GDM10 leads right into SDBH1, where did you ever get the idea they’re separate? (And yes all the god mission time patrol stories lead into each other before you question that) https://youtu.be/F9zYa5SYvO0 this proves that god mission leads into super dragon ball heroes nothing hints it doesn’t infact the opposite everything hints that god mission leads into super dragon ball heroes(also the fact they flat out say it at the end )

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:49 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:21 pmI just checked, you're referring to the GM6 trailer, correct? Yeah I can see how you can get that inseparable BFF idea then.

Yeah, that's the trailer I was talking about. I think if I'm going to be able to use Xeno Gotenks, I'm going to have to imagine that Xeno Goten comes from a timeline where he grew up without a Trunks, just like Xeno Trunks grew up without a Goten, and they've become friends during their Time Patrol work. (In case you didn't know/couldn't guess, I'm a gigantic Trunks/Goten shipper, which is why this is such a hangup for me.)
Trunks & Goten forever

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:03 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:48 am Actually, Chronoa is not literally pulling XGoku from XTrunks' memories. XGoku has to come from a different timeline since he knows SSJ4, and XTrunks prior to Time Patrol should not even be aware of SSJ4. She was just pulling a Goku out, but not the Goku he knew.
unless that's the strongest Goku he met uo to that point: Trunks:Xeno is supposed to have been a Time Patroller for a while, right?
Makes sense he might have visited alternate timelines and different timeframes, with that Goku being the strongest among those he met.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:46 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:22 pm Ummm.... SDBH follows god mission, they make this very clear and even reference god mission. The end of GDM10 leads right into SDBH1, where did you ever get the idea they’re separate? (And yes all the god mission time patrol stories lead into each other before you question that) https://youtu.be/F9zYa5SYvO0 this proves that god mission leads into super dragon ball heroes nothing hints it doesn’t infact the opposite everything hints that god mission leads into super dragon ball heroes(also the fact they flat out say it at the end )
Okay. I did suspect that there was a prequel based on the interactions but I wasn't aware it was God Mission. Makes more sense now.
ankokudaishogun wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:03 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:48 am Actually, Chronoa is not literally pulling XGoku from XTrunks' memories. XGoku has to come from a different timeline since he knows SSJ4, and XTrunks prior to Time Patrol should not even be aware of SSJ4. She was just pulling a Goku out, but not the Goku he knew.
unless that's the strongest Goku he met uo to that point: Trunks:Xeno is supposed to have been a Time Patroller for a while, right?
Makes sense he might have visited alternate timelines and different timeframes, with that Goku being the strongest among those he met.
In the manga, Chronoa is shown recruiting Future Trunks for the first time, and then they go after Towa and Mira almost immediately after she inducts him into the Time Patrol. So no he hasn't been a Time Patroller for a while in the manga, which is where the statement is made.

Update: UM4 Prison Planet Arc translation is completed. Next is UM4 Demigra Assault (which I believe is the last part of this story until UM7.)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:52 pm

This is driving me nuts everytime I see it pop online, so I have to ask, is there an available source to point people at to dispel the notion that Goku Xeno has God Ki and uses it to enhance his SSJ4 transformation?

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:05 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:08 am
Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:42 am I want to point out something about the fight between the Core Area Warriors and Jiren.

In the arcade game, the latter during the dialogues is shown to be in his LB form, but that can't be the case, because, as seen in a previous video, Jiren joins the fight to save Toppo from Zamasu, meaning that he just got there, so it's unlikely that he's shirtless already.

This means that REGULAR JIREN fights Zamasu, Ssj3 FP Cumber and Hearts all at once, not LB Jiren.

Amazing.
Nah dude base jiren doesn’t fight them the game even calls the form Super Full Power.
During his special attack, yes, but when he shows up and saves Toppo, they don't.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:47 pm

Okay, UM4 story translations all completed. And with this, I finally want to dispel one misconception perpetuated by the DB fandom wiki.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pB7 ... sp=sharing

UM4 is the section where the Time Patrol gang square off against the Xeno Shadow Dragons. In particular, where Goku: Xeno fights Si Xing Long: Xeno (Four-star Dragon: Xeno). This is from where apparently, and I quote from the wiki, the notion "In his base form Goku: Xeno is capable of fighting Four-Star Dragon: Xeno" arises from. All just because XGoku hasn't been shown transforming mid-cutscene.

And let me tell you why that is fallacious and wrong line of thinking. Throughout the Demigra Assault arc, with the exception of fusion, no Time Patrol character in the dialogue cutscene has even transformed into Super Saiyan. Goten and Gohan get the pass because they had their potentials unlocked. But Goku, Trunks, and Vegeta, none of them are shown in their SSJ model even though Trunks has repeatedly mentioned that he was about to be defeated or somehow he scraped a win. And XTrunks must have SSJ3 because Gohanks: Xeno uses SSJ3 (and most likely Gohan as well, since the two fusion users must have the same transformation).

Even during the Prison Planet arc, we Goku and Vegeta fight Cumber on multiple occasions without transforming into Super Saiyan mid-cutscene. Yeah, there's 0% chance they would last in-story if they fought in base. Future Trunks never even transforms in the dialogue even though he fights battles which are nearly close, it's his base model 100% of the time.

In my translations, anytime a transformed character is talking, I make sure to label him appropriately.

This is why the DB wiki is flat-out wrong and whoever wrote that Goku: Xeno page either sucks at understanding the context of the game dialogue or is purely ignorant. Characters not transforming =/= fighting in that base model.

Sorry I needed to get that off my chest and hope whoever edits the goddamn wiki will have a look at this and fix that section appropriately. Otherwise, they might as well go full idiot and also say that frozen arm-base XGoku and base XTrunks are capable of beating San Xing Long and Si Xing Long (Xeno) together. Or base CC Goku and Vegeta are capable of fighting SSJ Cumber who is capable of fighting SSB Vegetto.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:52 pm This is driving me nuts everytime I see it pop online, so I have to ask, is there an available source to point people at to dispel the notion that Goku Xeno has God Ki and uses it to enhance his SSJ4 transformation?
Point them to Ch. 9 of the SDBH manga (UM1). There XGoku says that SSB Goku uses a power he doesn't know anything about (God ki).

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:19 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:47 pm Okay, UM4 story translations all completed. And with this, I finally want to dispel one misconception perpetuated by the DB fandom wiki.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pB7 ... sp=sharing

UM4 is the section where the Time Patrol gang square off against the Xeno Shadow Dragons. In particular, where Goku: Xeno fights Si Xing Long: Xeno (Four-star Dragon: Xeno). This is from where apparently, and I quote from the wiki, the notion "In his base form Goku: Xeno is capable of fighting Four-Star Dragon: Xeno" arises from. All just because XGoku hasn't been shown transforming mid-cutscene.

And let me tell you why that is fallacious and wrong line of thinking. Throughout the Demigra Assault arc, with the exception of fusion, no Time Patrol character in the dialogue cutscene has even transformed into Super Saiyan. Goten and Gohan get the pass because they had their potentials unlocked. But Goku, Trunks, and Vegeta, none of them are shown in their SSJ model even though Trunks has repeatedly mentioned that he was about to be defeated or somehow he scraped a win. And XTrunks must have SSJ3 because Gohanks: Xeno uses SSJ3 (and most likely Gohan as well, since the two fusion users must have the same transformation).

Even during the Prison Planet arc, we Goku and Vegeta fight Cumber on multiple occasions without transforming into Super Saiyan mid-cutscene. Yeah, there's 0% chance they would last in-story if they fought in base. Future Trunks never even transforms in the dialogue even though he fights battles which are nearly close, it's his base model 100% of the time.

In my translations, anytime a transformed character is talking, I make sure to label him appropriately.

This is why the DB wiki is flat-out wrong and whoever wrote that Goku: Xeno page either sucks at understanding the context of the game dialogue or is purely ignorant. Characters not transforming =/= fighting in that base model.

Sorry I needed to get that off my chest and hope whoever edits the goddamn wiki will have a look at this and fix that section appropriately. Otherwise, they might as well go full idiot and also say that frozen arm-base XGoku and base XTrunks are capable of beating San Xing Long and Si Xing Long (Xeno) together. Or base CC Goku and Vegeta are capable of fighting SSJ Cumber who is capable of fighting SSB Vegetto.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:52 pm This is driving me nuts everytime I see it pop online, so I have to ask, is there an available source to point people at to dispel the notion that Goku Xeno has God Ki and uses it to enhance his SSJ4 transformation?
Point them to Ch. 9 of the SDBH manga (UM1). There XGoku says that SSB Goku uses a power he doesn't know anything about (God ki).
The part where Goku Xeno says his counterpart uses a power he doesn't know anything about can simply mean that he doesn't know what Ssb is instead of God Ki. I do think he doesn't have God Ki but have at least experienced it sometime before he was pulled from his Timeline, similar to how Extreme Butoden made a post Gt Goku do the Ssg ritual after he became an adult again.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:25 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:19 pm The part where Goku Xeno says his counterpart uses a power he doesn't know anything about can simply mean that he doesn't know what Ssb is instead of God Ki. I do think he doesn't have God Ki but have at least experienced it sometime before he was pulled from his Timeline, similar to how Extreme Butoden made a post Gt Goku do the Ssg ritual after he became an adult again.
SSG = base + God ki. SSB = Super Saiyan + God ki. Mortals generally can't feel god ki, and this has included SSB before.

If XGoku knew about god ki, it's likely he would have realized it. The context of the chapter indicates he doesn't know about CC Goku's power in general.

Also, XGoku is strongly implied to have come from a GT-esque timeline, given he's fought the Shadow Dragons in the past and knew them prior to UM3-4.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:33 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:25 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:19 pm The part where Goku Xeno says his counterpart uses a power he doesn't know anything about can simply mean that he doesn't know what Ssb is instead of God Ki. I do think he doesn't have God Ki but have at least experienced it sometime before he was pulled from his Timeline, similar to how Extreme Butoden made a post Gt Goku do the Ssg ritual after he became an adult again.
SSG = base + God ki. SSB = Super Saiyan + God ki. Mortals generally can't feel god ki, and this has included SSB before.
Think of it like this : Goku Xeno has achieved Ssg at some point through the ritual and lost it like his main counterpart but he was perfectly content with Ssj4 and it's benefits ( since as far as he would know Ssg is temporary only ) and he continue to train with Ssj4 until getting pulled by Chronoa. Then time skip to where he meets his counterpart and he uses a " power " he doesn't know about but that " power " being showcased in front of him is Ssb and not Ssg, that's why i think he is referring to specifically the " blue haired Super Saiyan " form ( he even says it ) and not the type of Ki it's using.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:43 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:33 pm
Think of it like this : Goku Xeno has achieved Ssg at some point through the ritual and lost it like his main counterpart but he was perfectly content with Ssj4 and it's benefits ( since as far as he would know Ssg is temporary only ) and he continue to train with Ssj4 until getting pulled by Chronoa. Then time skip to where he meets his counterpart and he uses a " power " he doesn't know about but that " power " being showcased in front of him is Ssb and not Ssg, that's why i think he is referring to specifically the " blue haired Super Saiyan " form ( he even says it ) and not the type of Ki it's using.
This assumes that XGoku should even have any knowledge about SSG in the first place. UMX XGoku did experience it at one point.

DBH UMX XGoku =/= arcade DBH/SDBH XGoku, and the latter is the XGoku which we almost always refer to. And other wiki pages get these two continuities mixed up. It's like mixing up Budokai 3 Goku with FighterZ Goku.

If the XGoku from SDBH doesn't indicate any knowledge about a type of power, then it is wrong to assume he knows about it to begin with.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:47 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:43 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:33 pm

This assumes that XGoku should even have any knowledge about SSG in the first place. UMX XGoku did experience it at one point.

DBH UMX XGoku =/= arcade DBH/SDBH XGoku, and the latter is the XGoku which we almost always refer to. And other wiki pages get these two continuities mixed up. It's like mixing up Budokai 3 Goku with FighterZ Goku.

If the XGoku from SDBH doesn't indicate any knowledge about a type of power, then it is wrong to assume he knows about it to begin with.
I'm only keeping it a possibility that he knows what God Ki is because we don't know what happened in his Timeline leading up to him becoming part of the Time Patrol and there's no concrete evidence that suggests he doesn't know what God Ki so it's possible he knows Ssg just not Ssb