"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:43 am

I've spent some time on the demo, and would like to share my thoughts.

As someone who has played all three 3DS titles, and the actual arcade game in Japan, this game felt rather smooth and enjoyable.
UM1&2 for the 3DS felt a little laggy and there were huge frame drops, which I simply haven't witnessed in UMX or WM. There are some drops in graphical capability on handheld mode (I have not tried docked yet), for example when a character is using a special attack, the line art surrounding the character becomes very jagged. Keep in mind I have not tested that on docked, so it may not prove to be true there.

The fighting animations are a HUGE departure from UM1&2. For example, if you had 3 berserk-type cards attack an enemy, it would do a rather generic punch-and-kick animation after they fly to the enemy. In this game there is a definite, more intricate focus on the animations on how this is executed.

The controls take a little getting used to, as I relied solely on the touchscreen of the 3DS, and knowing how easily the Switch can scratch I was very conscious of using it, so instead opted for using the thumb stick for a lot of the command prompts. Like any game, it'll become second nature, but if you're coming into this game after using the 3DS version, you'll notice a difference.

The fact that there's a tutorial is amazing. I did not see this in the 3DS versions, and even though the demo is Japanese-only for now, I got the gist of what was going on a lot better this time around. I am very excited to see this tutorial in English.

In a very brief conclusion, this game so far seems a lot more like the arcade version of Heroes, than the 3DS version in terms of battle game play. This could very well be subject to change as it's only from the demo, but it has made me feel a lot more excited to play this game in full!
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:24 am

New World Mission trailer from the livestream. Shows off all the different game modes.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:21 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:24 am New World Mission trailer from the livestream. Shows off all the different game modes.
Woah!!! Okay so either they messed up or Gogeta br is gonna be in game cause at 1:35 that is God Big Bang Kamehameha!!! :o

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:15 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:21 am
Rinsankajugin wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:24 am New World Mission trailer from the livestream. Shows off all the different game modes.
Woah!!! Okay so either they messed up or Gogeta br is gonna be in game cause at 1:35 that is God Big Bang Kamehameha!!! :o
Holy fuck, I didn't even notice that. I guess we just got a accidental glimpse at future DLC? Bamco's been doing that a lot lately with game trailers. I remember one of the Jump Force trailers showed off some CAC stuff that wouldn't be added until a month after the game came out. That being said, the fact that that's SSB Gogeta's attack means that we could get content up to at least UM5 probably.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:12 pm

I see bulma is a card .... So making a bulma vegeta and trucks family card :lol:

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:27 am

I'm going to have so much fun with card creation. Like having General Blue using time-stop abilities like Guldo or Hit; portraying him as having fully mastered his psychic powers.

And since I'm a huge Trunks/Goten shipper, I'm going to take adult Gotenks and give him that attack Ribrianne does with lots of hearts; his components are overflowing with love for one another. :D On the same wavelength, GT Trunks and GT Goten using attacks that each other normally use.
Trunks & Goten forever

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:29 am

Is the Dark Realm mission with Mira, Towa, and SSJ4 Broly supposed to be impossible in the demo? Like, how the hell do you beat it?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:14 am

SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:29 am Is the Dark Realm mission with Mira, Towa, and SSJ4 Broly supposed to be impossible in the demo? Like, how the hell do you beat it?

I beat it first try?? The only one that was actually hard was kid goku’s team, just make sure you’re equipping good items

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:43 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:14 am
SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:29 am Is the Dark Realm mission with Mira, Towa, and SSJ4 Broly supposed to be impossible in the demo? Like, how the hell do you beat it?

I beat it first try?? The only one that was actually hard was kid goku’s team, just make sure you’re equipping good items
What team did you use? Would appreciate the help. This is my first time playing.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:25 pm

No EU preorder bonus

Banda namco EU aren't talking about it on twitter

Should I be worried?

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:36 pm

Worried for what? Speaking from experience, I think it’s good NOT to have these preorder cards from the very start, because you’re always going to be inclined to use them.

The beauty in this game is unlocking a new card after every battle and being excited about using that new card in your setup. When you have already-great cards, you won’t want to swap them out and you won’t fully experience the game, on my opinion.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:46 pm

And let's be honest, the only card that may interest someone in that pre-order content (at least not strategically speaking) is the UM1-19 Vegeta, which is the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution one.

And even then, there is another Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution Vegeta card that may be in the game already.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:57 pm

It's more that I'm worried how little they're looking at EU , even the EU Twitter is hyping up games that are already out and such. It's out in a week , no hype.

That could affect sale numbers and hurt online , dlc , updates ect...

Though I've heard there's over 25 hours of single player content so that's good. But I'm worried EU Banda isn't promoting it much.

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:32 pm

I still can’t see where the worry is haha. We’re getting the game, that’s in the bag, so what’s the worrying for?

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:51 pm

Wilderness wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:32 pm I still can’t see where the worry is haha. We’re getting the game, that’s in the bag, so what’s the worrying for?
I can't speak for him, but it might affect the possibility of DLC down the line.
Trunks & Goten forever

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Thanos6 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:51 pm
Wilderness wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:32 pm I still can’t see where the worry is haha. We’re getting the game, that’s in the bag, so what’s the worrying for?
I can't speak for him, but it might affect the possibility of DLC down the line.
Don't worry

SSJmole wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:57 pmThat could affect sale numbers and hurt online , dlc , updates ect....
You nailed it lol

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:36 pm

Also I see Arcade mode has some cool arcs/sagas. Does aracde have story or is it just straight up fights? Like cell-x saga is Intresting to me but id like to have a story so I know what's going on

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:36 pm

I'm pretty sure arcade is the missions from the actual arcade machines, so it will follow those storylines.

One of the clips they showed of arcade mode was definitely from the prison planet saga
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:52 am

SSJmole wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:19 pm
Thanos6 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:51 pm
Don't worry

SSJmole wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:57 pmThat could affect sale numbers and hurt online , dlc , updates ect....
You nailed it lol

I see your point haha. If it’s anything to go by, this release is reminiscent of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hackers Memory, who advertised preorder bonuses in US but no UK, but the UK still got it as a day one purchase. As well as any additional DLC, just a slight delay on the release.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:35 am

Saiga wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:36 pm I'm pretty sure arcade is the missions from the actual arcade machines, so it will follow those storylines.

One of the clips they showed of arcade mode was definitely from the prison planet saga
Cool thank you. I was curious as I'd like some story to know what's going on