Broly Seeing Frieza Kill His Father...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Broly Seeing Frieza Kill His Father...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 am

In the fight between Super Saiyan Blue Son Goku and False Super Saiyan 4 Broly: BR, what would have happened if a certain change had caused Fourth Form Frieza killing Paragus: BR with a Death Beam right to the heart to have been witnessed by False Super Saiyan 4 Broly: BR in the first DBS film?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Broly Seeing Frieza Kill His Father...

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:31 am

Not really sure why you need all the super specific form terminology for this question, but...

The basic difference that I'd imagine would come up would be Broly very likely would have ended up killing Freeza rather than just battering him around for like an hour and a half in a rage-induced beating of anything and everything around him. It would have likely been rage directed specifically at Freeza, rather than just the world around him. This probably still would have allowed Goku and Vegeta enough time to learn to fuse, and post-fight, Vegeta would be happy to be rid of Freeza for good again, and Goku would likely lament what a waste it was but Freeza couldn't change his ways after all, so *shrug*.

And even if Freeza DID survive the encounter, I don't think he'd have the same hopes he seems to have now of convincing Broly to team up with him against Goku and Vegeta. He'd likely be steering well away of this new Saiyan thorn in his side until he felt like he was strong enough to take care of him as well.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:46 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:31 am Not really sure why you need all the super specific form terminology for this question, but...

The basic difference that I'd imagine would come up would be Broly very likely would have ended up killing Freeza rather than just battering him around for like an hour and a half in a rage-induced beating of anything and everything around him. It would have likely been rage directed specifically at Freeza, rather than just the world around him. This probably still would have allowed Goku and Vegeta enough time to learn to fuse, and post-fight, Vegeta would be happy to be rid of Freeza for good again, and Goku would likely lament what a waste it was but Freeza couldn't change his ways after all, so *shrug*.

And even if Freeza DID survive the encounter, I don't think he'd have the same hopes he seems to have now of convincing Broly to team up with him against Goku and Vegeta. He'd likely be steering well away of this new Saiyan thorn in his side until he felt like he was strong enough to take care of him as well.
I would imagine that Freeza would survive the whole ordeal and come out of the encounter a bit more desperate to find someone who would possibly become his ally. Not only would he have Goku and Vegeta to deal with, but now Broly as well. He would probably be actively searching for more powerful warriors instead of just waiting for Broly to become easier to manipulate.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:49 pm

He would have berserked out and his focus would have most likely been all on Frieza at that point. I think it's likely he would have killed/come close to killing Frieza and given Vegeta and Goku time to fuse before coming back to beat Broly as Gogeta. I think at that point Cheelai and Lemo would have fleed and the Frieza force would've been left in the hands of whoever the strongest and most fit to lead is. I think there is a reason Frieza is sticking around though

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:51 pm

If he was smarter he wouldn't need to see it. The small, bullet hole - like wound from Freeza's death beam looks nothing like the damage that one of the large blasts being thrown around by Broly, Goku, and Vegeta would cause.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:25 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:31 am Not really sure why you need all the super specific form terminology for this question, but...
Made up too. "False Super Saiyan 4 Broly: BR"... :crazy:

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:41 pm

Yeah, it's like a a parody of the sect of FUNimation dub fans who have to give names to every single attack, unnamed character and unnamed form and mention them way too frequently in discussions.

Except here it's like a computer wrote it all out.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:49 am

Well, considering even the DB Wiki stopped using Broly: BR in their article titles, there's definitely something here :D

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:21 am

Metalwario64 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:41 pm
Yeah, it's like a a parody of the sect of FUNimation dub fans who have to give names to every single attack, unnamed character and unnamed form and mention them way too frequently in discussions.

Since when do dub fans do that? If anything the games are the ones to name every last attack. :P

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:42 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:21 am

Since when do dub fans do that? If anything the games are the ones to name every last attack. :P
I see fans calling Cell Games Gohan "Teen Gohan" everywhere, despite him not being a teen, because every age of the character needs a label, and the localized game gave them a name for it (which isn't even accurate).

I'm not at all saying it's entirely a dub fan thing, just that I've seen a noticeable amount that do. I guess the games are a big part of it, but the original poster here took it to a new level. :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:40 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:42 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:21 am

I see fans calling Cell Games Gohan "Teen Gohan" everywhere, despite him not being a teen, because every age of the character needs a label, and the localized game gave them a name for it (which isn't even accurate).

I'm not at all saying it's entirely a dub fan thing, just that I've seen a noticeable amount that do. I guess the games are a big part of it, but the original poster here took it to a new level. :lol:
Yeah blame the games for that too lol. Theyve been calling Cell Games Gohan “Teen” since Budokai 1. It’s definitely a headache though