On a scale of 1-10, how unforgivable did you find each of these moments?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

On a scale of 1-10, how unforgivable did you find each of these moments?

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:25 am

Here are unforgivable moments in the Dragon Ball universe.

1. Frieza tortures Gohan with death beams and kills Piccolo with one that was meant for Gohan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzW7yHbdFkI

2. Cell kills Android 16:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFPmUc34JNk&t=105s

3. Buu kills everyone present on Kami’s lookout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TnXuVH0WSk

4. Zamasu kills all of the future timeline’s people Trunks and Mai were trying to protect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHNAPqzMqkI

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being downright unforgivable and 1 being easily forgivable, how unforgivable did you find each of these moments?
Last edited by Rebel_Yeh on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: How you would rank cruelest moments of DB villains

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Zamasu's destruction of all mortals is the cruelest at 1. Buu's killing everyone at the Lookout is 2. Frieza's cruelest moment is 3 and Cell's cruelest moment is 4.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:10 pm

The big one for me has always been Piccolo Daimao murdering Kuririn and Muten Roshi, getting his wish from Shen Long, and then immediately murdering Shen Long. The other is Tao Pai Pai killing Upa's father. There was just something about the image of Upa burying his father that really got to me.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:36 pm

As far as Goku Black is concerned (others already covered Infinite Zamasu), I am going to say:

1) Killing Goku, Chi Chi, and Goten: Black basically used another man's body to mercilessly kill him right in front of his family. Then he proceeded to use his face to slaughter his wife and child, who were both crying and frightened.

2) Killing Bulma: Again, Black used Goku's face to brutally kill an innocent woman right in front of her son. It's so sad when you realize that the last thing Future Bulma saw was his best friend killing her.

Sure he didn't literally annihilate all remaining mortal life like Infinite Zamasu, but these acts were still very cruel and cold-hearted, though they happened on a smaller scale.

That's why I love Black. And what makes it much crueler is that he wouldn't even admit that he committed shocking things. He would justify them by saying that it was just "cleansing evil mortals". All other villains didn't give a shit (Infinite Zamasu included, he was basically a rabid animal at that point), while Black had the gall to justify himself after committing child murder. And that's why he is my absolute favourite villain after Fused Zamasu.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:08 pm

The sniper killing that old couple for sport. Few moments from any of the big bads are as visceral as that.

Freeza impaling Kuririn and playing with him as life literally drains from his body is incredibly cruel and visceral (also literally), especially in the DBZ anime.

There are a lot of moments that I know are cruel, but I just don't feel them, especially when the stakes are end of the world, universe, etc. Bringing things down to a very personal level drives him the point home much better.

And not to be pedantic, but Freeza doesn't kill Piccolo. Piccolo tries to, but Piccolo hangs on by a thread. Still a cruel moment, just had to say it.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:31 pm

Dodoria killing Cargo right after snapping Moori's neck.

Vegeta wiping out the Namekian village.

King Piccolo and his plans for "Piccolo day".

Blue having a guy executed for picking his nose.

Tao killing Bora and that random tailor who asked for payment.

Cell blowing up a bunch of islands to find 18.

Raditz trying to make Goku kill 100 people.
ABED wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:08 pm The sniper killing that old couple for sport. Few moments from any of the big bads are as visceral as that.
This too. I was pretty shocked by this when I first saw it, and was actually surprised that it would happen in a kids show. Something about it just feels a bit too real and unsettling. And when they shoot the puppy too. I was happy to see these 2 meet their end at the hands of Evil Buu.

There's also another moment outside Babidi's Spaceship where Gohan spots the bodies of a murdered family with a child and becomes distressed by it. For an arc regarded as goofy the Buu arc does have some dark moments.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:54 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:31 pm There's also another moment outside Babidi's Spaceship where Gohan spots the bodies of a murdered family with a child and becomes distressed by it. For an arc regarded as goofy the Buu arc does have some dark moments.
I love that moment. To me it totally nails what the Boo saga is all about. The sinister deadliness beneath it all.

Vertical
Beyond Newbie

Re: How you would rank cruelest moments of Frieza, Cell, Buu, and Zamasu

Post by Vertical » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:59 pm

A villain appears from the shadows, silently making himself known to the hero hunting him, dragging a non-combatant citizen in one hand.

The citizen, begging for his life, reaches toward the hero. The hero sternly suggests that the villain let the citizen go.

The villain, still silent, releases the citizen, allowing him to begin crawling towards the hero.

Without breaking eye-contact with the hero, the villain proceeds to stab the citizen in the back, literally draining the life from him in a slow, gruesome, and clearly painful manner until the citizen no longer exists.

...but yea, standing on a robot head who willing got himself put in harms way expecting to "die" is Cell's cruelest moment. :roll:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Freeza- Coming to Namek without taking the right steps to become a legal citizen

Cell- Taking over the airwaves to broadcast his announcement without considering the people who actually paid for airtime

Buu- Being morbidly obese and them rapidly losing weight and becoming mascular. Thus giving unhealthy standards of health and fitness

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:37 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:01 pm Freeza- Coming to Namek without taking the right steps to become a legal citizen

Cell- Taking over the airwaves to broadcast his announcement without considering the people who actually paid for airtime

Buu- Being morbidly obese and them rapidly losing weight and becoming mascular. Thus giving unhealthy standards of health and fitness
It's even worse, Buu's diet of nothing but sweets gives people unrealistic expectations that they can also attain such a physique eating nothing but sugary goodness.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:30 pm

None of them are as bad as Piccolo Daimao killing Goku's friends, restoring his youth with Shen Long, and then killing Shen Long! But Kuririn calling Goku's name before exploding is still a pretty messed up scene so I'll go with Freeza at the top.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:37 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:01 pm Freeza- Coming to Namek without taking the right steps to become a legal citizen

You win this thread. Those are truly 3 evil examples beyond compare :clap:

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Re: How coldhearted did you find each of these moments?

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:38 am

I made some minor changes to my first post, but it’s fine.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Rebel_Yeh wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:25 am .
On a scale of 1-10
1. Frieza tortures Gohan with death beams and kills Piccolo with one that was meant for Gohan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzW7yHbdFkI
Maybe Gohan needs to go to the gym more often?
3/10
The Android was going to blow himself up anyways. It’s not murder, it’s euthanasia

4/10
3. Buu kills everyone present on Kami’s lookout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TnXuVH0WSk
Piccolo said it was okay. Piccolo merged with God. So Piccolo is pretty much God. If God said it was okay then I’m sure Buu thought it was okay

1/10

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:26 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:56 pm
Maybe Gohan needs to go to the gym more often?
Spot on.