"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaSith
Regular

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyaSith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:24 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:14 am
SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:29 am Is the Dark Realm mission with Mira, Towa, and SSJ4 Broly supposed to be impossible in the demo? Like, how the hell do you beat it?

I beat it first try?? The only one that was actually hard was kid goku’s team, just make sure you’re equipping good items
I've yet to see one person beat this mission and yet you claim you beat it on the first try? :think:

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:02 am

SaiyaSith wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:24 am
SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:29 am Is the Dark Realm mission with Mira, Towa, and SSJ4 Broly supposed to be impossible in the demo? Like, how the hell do you beat it?

I beat it first try?? The only one that was actually hard was kid goku’s team, just make sure you’re equipping good items
I've yet to see one person beat this mission and yet you claim you beat it on the first try? :think:
What would I gain from lying about beating this mission, why would I even lie about beating it? Since you’re so skeptical here’s proof I beat it(yes I did so on first try and have beat it multiple times) https://imgur.com/gallery/xu3E2rb

Sorry that I’ve been playing heroes for years and have a basic understanding of Japanese lol

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:22 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:02 am

What would I gain from lying about beating this mission, why would I even lie about beating it? Since you’re so skeptical here’s proof I beat it(yes I did so on first try and have beat it multiple times) https://imgur.com/gallery/xu3E2rb

Sorry that I’ve been playing heroes for years and have a basic understanding of Japanese lol

It’s true. This guy has TONNES (or had? I think you sold them?) of DBH cards. Objectively it’s a hard mission but if you know the slighty more advanced mechanics with the game, and your timing with the gauge is good, you can do it as many times as you like.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:40 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:02 am

Why can't you tell me the team you used then?

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:16 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:14 am Sorry that I’ve been playing heroes for years and have a basic understanding of Japanese lol
Sorry that I questioned your skills, but when someone like me who doesn't know Japanese is simply asking what's the best team to use, and your only response is basically "I know Japanese, get good" I just don't understand the point. You even took the time to upload a picture of you beating it, but won't give us insight of the team you used? Maybe it makes you feel special or something? My apologies if this came off angry, but it's frustrating scouring the web for days to find an answer and get a response like this.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:39 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:16 pm
S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:14 am Sorry that I’ve been playing heroes for years and have a basic understanding of Japanese lol
Sorry that I questioned your skills, but when someone like me who doesn't know Japanese is simply asking what's the best team to use, and your only response is basically "I know Japanese, get good" I just don't understand the point. You even took the time to upload a picture of you beating it, but won't give us insight of the team you used? Maybe it makes you feel special or something? My apologies if this came off angry, but it's frustrating scouring the web for days to find an answer and get a response like this.
"I've yet to see one person beat this mission and yet you claim you beat it on the first try? :think:"

I mean, that didnt sound so nice either.

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:13 pm

I think with the game release around the corner and translated fully into English (I'm just assuming that's what your main language is - that's mine) you'll be able to have a better time. I, myself, have played Ultimate Mission 2 and X and cannot read Japanese, did my best to translate everything via Google and piece together what the items are actually saying. At a certain point, you can get such powerful cards that it overshadows the items you can use to help buff you. i.e. A useful card I always used was the Tarble card that boosts your ATK Power by 5,000 points every time he was hit(or something like that), so I would use him in the first 2 rounds solo. I believe the cards in the demo are good, but require you to really go in depth with the "equipment" items to have an easier time against the Demon stage and the Kid Goku stage. If you cannot read Japanese, much like myself, it makes things much harder to try to get through. It's why I stayed away from a lot of the items aside from the HP, ATK, and DEF up items that I could actually make out in UM X.

I played the demo up until that point and have put it down and will wait until Friday. Once all the items are translated and opened up for you to understand it'll be like a weight off your shoulders, for sure. I'm sure you'll beat those levels in the first play through easily.

Hopefully we can keep this thread argument free. I know I've personally been waiting for this game to get localized since the first UM was released. I'll certainly be spending a lot of time here looking for and giving our advice!

Cheers, ya'll. :thumbup:

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20 am

kizuki wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:13 pm
I think with the game release around the corner and translated fully into English (I'm just assuming that's what your main language is - that's mine) you'll be able to have a better time. I, myself, have played Ultimate Mission 2 and X and cannot read Japanese, did my best to translate everything via Google and piece together what the items are actually saying. At a certain point, you can get such powerful cards that it overshadows the items you can use to help buff you. i.e. A useful card I always used was the Tarble card that boosts your ATK Power by 5,000 points every time he was hit(or something like that), so I would use him in the first 2 rounds solo. I believe the cards in the demo are good, but require you to really go in depth with the "equipment" items to have an easier time against the Demon stage and the Kid Goku stage. If you cannot read Japanese, much like myself, it makes things much harder to try to get through. It's why I stayed away from a lot of the items aside from the HP, ATK, and DEF up items that I could actually make out in UM X.

I played the demo up until that point and have put it down and will wait until Friday. Once all the items are translated and opened up for you to understand it'll be like a weight off your shoulders, for sure. I'm sure you'll beat those levels in the first play through easily.

Hopefully we can keep this thread argument free. I know I've personally been waiting for this game to get localized since the first UM was released. I'll certainly be spending a lot of time here looking for and giving our advice!

Cheers, ya'll. :thumbup:
Awesome, I thought I had the wrong team combo... lol. Now I don't feel as bad and am just going to wait for the game to come out this week. Thank you so much for saving my time! I'll be back here with my findings as well once I get my hands on it. Thanks again friend! :thumbup:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:59 am

Seems you can unlock side stories for the different avatars.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:02 am

Kanassa wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:59 am Seems you can unlock side stories for the different avatars.
Interesting! Where did this image come from?
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:13 am

Wilderness wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:02 am
Kanassa wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:59 am Seems you can unlock side stories for the different avatars.
Someone who got their copy early is doing a playthrough.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:02 am

Kanassa wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:13 am
Wilderness wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:02 am
Someone who got their copy early is doing a playthrough.
Interesting. Apparently where they live an official distributor got the green light to early release. Lucky them.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:24 pm

That image .....
?

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:19 pm

SSJmole wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:24 pm

That image .....
?
Some kind of dark Dragon Ball possession type thing, if I remember correctly.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:24 pm

kizuki wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:19 pm

That image .....
?

I wasn't serious about the carnage symbiote lol.

Though seeing video , it's not dubbed. That's disappointing but not unexpected. I am still excited

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:05 pm

I laughed way more than I should at this:

Kanassa wrote:

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:14 am

SSJmole wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:24 pm

That image .....
?

Though seeing video , it's not dubbed. That's disappointing but not unexpected. I am still excited
Not only is it not dubbed, they didn't even bother to create subtitles for the voice overs that tell you what's going on during battle, and the text on the cards wasn't translated. It actually looks like a fan translation, which is extremely disappointing... but I'm still going to buy it. Hopefully we'll get an update with subtitles, and if it sells well maybe the localization of the next game will get a bigger budget and they can do it properly.

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:36 am

Kanassa wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:05 pm I laughed way more than I should at this:
Is albino dwarf man, chiaotzu?

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:06 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:14 am
SSJmole wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Not only is it not dubbed, they didn't even bother to create subtitles for the voice overs that tell you what's going on during battle, and the text on the cards wasn't translated. It actually looks like a fan translation, which is extremely disappointing... but I'm still going to buy it. Hopefully we'll get an update with subtitles, and if it sells well maybe the localization of the next game will get a bigger budget and they can do it properly.
Well, to be frank and hopefully not offending any Dub fans, this is not the type of game that would’ve been dubbed. Much like Extreme Butoden, this game may be a big deal in Japan but it’s the first attempt Globally with it. To take the time and resources to Dub the game it may have lost too much steam. Take, for example, the Yokai Watch franchise. 3 is about 3 years old in Japan and literally just came out about 2 months ago globally. I love the game but admittedly it lost its heat with me, especially having played it in Japanese when it first released. I was happy to be able to play the game localized but it wasn’t the same feeling.

Even Dokkan took a while until the very limited Dub voices were added to the game. It is the way it is with Japanese imports sometimes.

If it makes you feel any better, though, whatever Trunks is saying is almost always what’s happening on screen. There isn’t like any play by play or something extra we’re missing. He’s basically just called out when your hero abilities are popping and things like that. What’s actually happening is shown in the text box that comes up. Yea, it’s weird and I figured for people who aren’t fans of the original Japanese it would be a bit unsettling but again, the fortunate thing is we aren’t missing anything.

Again, nothing super specific that we are missing out on. It’s just something to get used to.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by kizuki on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:37 am

Also, I did not notice the actual cards are not translated. That’s kinda odd but also expected I guess.