"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:11 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:14 am
SSJmole wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:24 pm
kizuki wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Some kind of dark Dragon Ball possession type thing, if I remember correctly.

I wasn't serious about the carnage symbiote lol.

Though seeing video , it's not dubbed. That's disappointing but not unexpected. I am still excited
Not only is it not dubbed, they didn't even bother to create subtitles for the voice overs that tell you what's going on during battle, and the text on the cards wasn't translated. It actually looks like a fan translation, which is extremely disappointing... but I'm still going to buy it. Hopefully we'll get an update with subtitles, and if it sells well maybe the localization of the next game will get a bigger budget and they can do it properly.
People already have the game(in fact my local game store is already selling it) they did translate card effects, in battle dialogue and all of it is actually very accurate translations. Idk what you’re talking about dude, sure the game might not be dubbed but everything is translated.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:34 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:11 am
SSJmole wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:24 pm

I wasn't serious about the carnage symbiote lol.

Though seeing video , it's not dubbed. That's disappointing but not unexpected. I am still excited
Not only is it not dubbed, they didn't even bother to create subtitles for the voice overs that tell you what's going on during battle, and the text on the cards wasn't translated. It actually looks like a fan translation, which is extremely disappointing... but I'm still going to buy it. Hopefully we'll get an update with subtitles, and if it sells well maybe the localization of the next game will get a bigger budget and they can do it properly.
People already have the game(in fact my local game store is already selling it) they did translate card effects, in battle dialogue and all of it is actually very accurate translations. Idk what you’re talking about dude, sure the game might not be dubbed but everything is translated.
They didn't translate Trunks' voiceovers or the text on the cards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZyZJUroZkc

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:55 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:34 am
They didn't translate Trunks' voiceovers or the text on the cards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZyZJUroZkc
The card text I can kinda understand but I guess they didn’t want to waste resources on redesigning actual, physical cards that already exist. I’m willing to get they’re just porting the digital card file directly into the game itself and doing very little to change it in any version of the game, if at all. Maybe in future updates they will?

As far as Trunks’ voiceovers go whatever is being said is kinda insignificant to the match itself. Everything is being explained in the dialogue box. It would be like wasting money and time to translate Zeno-sama’s voice when that flying robot head comes swooping in, lol. Just not necessary, to be honest. I can say with a lot of confidence he’s just saying things that are happening in the match that one would he aware of already. Not missing much.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:33 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:34 am
They didn’t dub the voice over but they do have subs what are you talking about? Also all card effects are translated the actual cards aren’t translated because you can only see the front of the cards on specific menus and you read the effect by pressing X, again you’re not making any valid points and it seems you didn’t even watch the own video you linked because they did sub trunks’ voice overs

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:40 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: They didn’t dub the voice over but they do have subs what are you talking about?
You see subs for Trunks' voice overs where he is narrating the battles?
S3 Hendrix wrote: Also all card effects are translated the actual cards aren’t translated because you can only see the front of the cards on specific menus and you read the effect by pressing X, again you’re not making any valid points and it seems you didn’t even watch the own video you linked because they did sub trunks’ voice overs
You see the front of the cards when you're browsing through them to build a deck, and I was hoping they'd be fully translated without having to pull up a menu for each card. It's better than nothing, though...I had to use google translate to play through the 3DS games.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Bandai released some videos

Tutorial 1
https://youtu.be/OINftflG-a0

Tutorial 2
https://youtu.be/41LZ1OxLg7M

Features
1 https://youtu.be/EMisHbZJqO0
2 https://youtu.be/5zRZ5_lyaqk
3 https://youtu.be/JQDdaByMfZg

Sorry if these ar by helpful or already posted

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Holy hell, this game is even more expensive than Xenoverse 2. Totally not expecting that, especially on Steam where games are usually cheaper. :?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:01 pm Holy hell, this game is even more expensive than Xenoverse 2. Totally not expecting that, especially on Steam where games are usually cheaper. :?
I think $60 is standard for a Switch game. Of course Xenoverse 2 by now would be cheaper, though. Initial release for XV2 was certainly the same price.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:22 pm

The currency here is different. In comparison to XV2's price back when it was released, World Mission is unexpectedly more expensive.

5000 posts, booyah! 8) 5000 posts to go!
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:34 pm

This game has got me hooked already, I only finished the first world after an hour of trying to perfect that Tien mission and now I'm cashing in all the tickets I got.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:59 pm

So, is the game out yet?? i see a lot of people saying they already have the game and while i don't doubt that fact, i'm wondering more if it's out already in japan because then those guys will end the game in less than a day after release and while doing so also uncover every single important thing the game has to offer that we have yet to see.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:57 pm

Anyone knows if Creator Mode allows you to make "Support-Type" Characters playable? Like Daishinkan for example. God that has been my biggest wish :angel:

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:44 am

It's definitely out in the US, I've been playing the game on Steam. Pretty smooth and just what I'd expect from DBH.

I hope to play some more this weekend. I won't be grinding through it or building super OP decks but will take my time. I'd like to spend more time finishing the UM dialogue translations.

Also playing with the keyboard feels a little bland especially Charge Impacts, might get a finally get a Steam controller or something. Unfortunately I can't shelve money for a Switch which seems to be the console of choice at this moment.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:07 am

Mines downloading but woooo UK eshop has launch day edition that comes with the 11 free cards preorder. Which is good as no where had bonus

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:05 am

My copy arrived here in UK yesterday but I haven't had the chance to play it yet due to work.
I wonder if the 11 cards come with the physical copy too. I got a few SSB Gogeta cards from a different card game.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:13 am

Got to play before work.

Love this game my favourite card is ssj4 Gogeta (xeno) as this attack is amazing https://twitter.com/ChrizAkaTheMole/sta ... 44448?s=19

(On same twitter you'll see fusion too lol) this really fun so far and glad he was first card I unlocked (litrally got him when I visited shop first time before going to hero lab lol)

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:51 am

Has anyone been able to get the game from the US eshop? On my Switch it only shows an estimated release date for today, with no option to buy it.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:28 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:51 am Has anyone been able to get the game from the US eshop? On my Switch it only shows an estimated release date for today, with no option to buy it.
Eshop tends to sometimes put games up late in USA

From a quick search of time I see
Traditionally, eShop games hit the store at 12 p.m. Eastern. The same has been true for Switch games. The latest game to come to the Switch eShop, Kamiko, wasn't available for purchase until after 12 p.m. on its Thursday, April 27, release day

So that might be dude. Like some weeks UK store hasn't updated till 2pm

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:25 am

SSJmole wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:07 am Mines downloading but woooo UK eshop has launch day edition that comes with the 11 free cards preorder. Which is good as no where had bonus
I think it's the same for Steam. I did have a bunch of other good extra cards besides the standard ToP 7 at the start lol.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:51 am

I don't know why I find this funny, but...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017