Dragon Ball Journey | Pencil Fan Manga

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball Journey | Pencil Fan Manga

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:58 pm

A fan manga where the story of Dragon Ball Z is retold in a more fantasy setting and a bit like One Piece with its adventure! i.e it having Progressive adventure.

Inspired by the old Dragon Ball and somewhat of Journey to The West (though I am not very knowledgeable on it as it is a very long book).

It does not follow the same continuity exactly from the original Dragon Ball. With inspiration from Asian folklore and western folklore, the world has more of a fantasy looking world/background.

I have always wondered what Dragon Ball would have been like if it had kept its fantasy genre and didn't move to Sci-Fi and here it is.

Forgive me as it isn't like the original Dragon Ball exactly (if anything) as I mostly draw this for fun and to satisfy my own curiosity and maybe some of you will like it too.

P.S one of the biggest differences between from Z is that the characters will use weapons when they are serious (even the villians!) and this is something I am excited about.

Also Frieza is probably going to end up as a Fuedal lord with Samurai armor with his face not being shown...
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Journey | Pencil Fan Manga

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:05 pm

Okay, I'll admit it, the idea does have me intrigued.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:28 pm

Probably going to drop out the first chapter today. 5 chapters.

Some of the pages are already inked because I actually drew them a very long time ago and decided that I would do pencil only.

The first chapter is very similar to the original though at some point I would like to rewrite the beginnig as I somewhat feel Raditz coming out of no where is somewhat of an unnatural introduction and does not flow very well. Could be more organic.
Kuro Tenshi

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Journey | Pencil Fan Manga | Feudal Japan Inspired

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 pm

No chapter. I have been delaying anything for a couple of months and I have decided I am going to change the introduction quite a bit. Hopefully starting tomorrow/today (depending on what timezone you are at) I will post some work but not necessarily chapters any time soon!

P.S you probably won't be seeing Raditz anytime soon other than maybe character designs or workshop drawings.
Kuro Tenshi

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:46 am

Captain Strawberry wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 pm No chapter. I have been delaying anything for a couple of months and I have decided I am going to change the introduction quite a bit. Hopefully starting tomorrow/today (depending on what timezone you are at) I will post some work but not necessarily chapters any time soon!

P.S you probably won't be seeing Raditz anytime soon other than maybe character designs or workshop drawings.
I just wanna see some stuff already, my curiosity is at it's peak :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:40 am

Kanassa wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:46 am
I just wanna see some stuff already, my curiosity is at it's peak :D
I'm glad you feel like that but keep your expectations low since creating a new introduction may require trial and error! :D
Kuro Tenshi

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Synopsis:
Kuro Tenshi

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:35 pm

As the story slowly unfolds... I had to take a picture of this, computer scanner was not working.

And here it is... of my amateur drawings...
Maybe I will do a digital version later but for now... here it is.

(hopefully you can see) :silent: :? - I need to buy a hard pencil so you can see clearer. I did this all on a 2H pencil so I may reupload to go over the drawings.

Kuro Tenshi