"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cipher » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:45 am

Dark Demon Realm Mission! Chapter 12 summary:

Differences from the corresponding arcade material:

Once again, arcade summaries are available here (https://drive.google.com/open?id=14d1bA ... nDcZ18z9Xj), although my Universe Mission summary is currently behind information Rakurai has already posted in this very thread.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:20 pm

So there is no recognition of Xeno Gohan seeing Pan? That would probably serve as an indication as to where Xeno Gohan comes from. But if there's nothing about it, it may seem like he's the only one who do not come from (a point after) Dragon Ball GT.

Glad to see base Xeno Gogeta if that's the case. But mildly annoyed that it only happened because of the Dragon Ball Super movie. Otherwise we'd see him as Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 4 right off the bat. Hopefully we get to see base Xeno Gogeta and base Movie 12 Gogeta in the arcade soon.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:29 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:20 pm So there is no recognition of Xeno Gohan seeing Pan? That would probably serve as an indication as to where Xeno Gohan comes from. But if there's nothing about it, it may seem like he's the only one who do not come from (a point after) Dragon Ball GT.
He recognizes her and calls her by name as she hits him. I almost worked that into the summary, but it seemed like too much of a break to directly address a hint at continuity.

I'm also unsure it's the first real "from a GT-like timeline" hint we've gotten, since I've yet to watch all the dialogue scenes from the Demigra Assault arc, which pits the Time Patrol against versions of the Evil Dragons.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:03 pm

SO I've got a question that's been bugging me for a while now and I don't know if this has been discussed or not BUT how come beat's tail doesn't go gold, red, or blue when he enters those Super Saiyan transformations? In GT when Goku goes SS3 his tail turns yellow/golden but in Dragon Ball heroes saiyans who have tails and achieve SS status their tails don't go golden so what gives is this an inconsistency ?

another saiyan I've noticed who tail doesn't change color when he transforms is Cumber (it only happens when he goes SS Great Ape)

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:11 pm

Cipher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:29 pm He recognizes her and calls her by name as she hits him. I almost worked that into the summary, but it seemed like too much of a break to directly address a hint at continuity.

I'm also unsure it's the first real "from a GT-like timeline" hint we've gotten, since I've yet to watch all the dialogue scenes from the Demigra Assault arc, which pits the Time Patrol against versions of the Evil Dragons.
XGoku recognizes Si Xing Long and remarks that the Dragons had gotten stronger since the last time he fought them. Unless he fought them in God Mission's story which I don't believe he did, I think he's referencing to events that happened in GT.

Also thanks for the summary. Looking forward to reading the actual chapter and seeing how this unfolds.
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:03 pm SO I've got a question that's been bugging me for a while now and I don't know if this has been discussed or not BUT how come beat's tail doesn't go gold, red, or blue when he enters those Super Saiyan transformations? In GT when Goku goes SS3 his tail turns yellow/golden but in Dragon Ball heroes saiyans who have tails and achieve SS status their tails don't go golden so what gives is this an inconsistency ?

another saiyan I've noticed who tail doesn't change color when he transforms is Cumber (it only happens when he goes SS Great Ape)
Actually, when GT Goku went SSJ against Super 17, his tail wasn't golden either. I'd say this whole tail-changing-color-when-transforming business is too inconsistent to say it's an actual thing.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:44 pm

I luckily found the latest Saikyo on Ebay. If anyone wants it better pick it up fast, CDJapan is already sold out.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:45 pm

Cipher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:29 pmHe recognizes her and calls her by name as she hits him. I almost worked that into the summary, but it seemed like too much of a break to directly address a hint at continuity.
Oh, alright. Xeno Gohan was the only one I didn't know where he came from. He wears glasses but has a bang... If he recognizes Pan, kind of imply to me that he's also from GT.
Cipher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:29 pmI'm also unsure it's the first real "from a GT-like timeline" hint we've gotten, since I've yet to watch all the dialogue scenes from the Demigra Assault arc, which pits the Time Patrol against versions of the Evil Dragons.
I'm pretty sure that Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta being able to transform into Super Saiyan 4 is a clear indication. The only timeline where Xeno Goten has that hairstyle is the one from Dragon Ball GT... And then there is what Rakurai said above. As far as we can tell, we can only say that they are from (a point after) Dragon Ball GT until/if further clarification pops up.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:11 pm
Cipher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:29 pm He recognizes her and calls her by name as she hits him. I almost worked that into the summary, but it seemed like too much of a break to directly address a hint at continuity.

XGoku recognizes Si Xing Long and remarks that the Dragons had gotten stronger since the last time he fought them. Unless he fought them in God Mission's story which I don't believe he did, I think he's referencing to events that happened in GT.

Also thanks for the summary. Looking forward to reading the actual chapter and seeing how this unfolds.
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:03 pm SO I've got a question that's been bugging me for a while now and I don't know if this has been discussed or not BUT how come beat's tail doesn't go gold, red, or blue when he enters those Super Saiyan transformations? In GT when Goku goes SS3 his tail turns yellow/golden but in Dragon Ball heroes saiyans who have tails and achieve SS status their tails don't go golden so what gives is this an inconsistency ?

Actually, when GT Goku went SSJ against Super 17, his tail wasn't golden either. I'd say this whole tail-changing-color-when-transforming business is too inconsistent to say it's an actual thing.
Shallot in DB Legends when he goes Super Saiyan his tail is golden

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:27 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 pm Shallot in DB Legends when he goes Super Saiyan his tail is golden
Like I said, it's still too inconsistent across media. Some have it, some don't. It really depends on the choice of the artist/animator since it's just an aesthetic choice.

Update: Finished UM6 + some side story missions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pB7 ... sp=sharing

I'm sacrificing SDBH World Mission playtime for this :( but I'll be a lot happier once I get caught up. Want to make sure that there's a translation guide out for people to refer to and know the arcade story better.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:48 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:27 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 pm Shallot in DB Legends when he goes Super Saiyan his tail is golden
Like I said, it's still too inconsistent across media. Some have it, some don't. It really depends on the choice of the artist/animator since it's just an aesthetic choice.

Update: Finished UM6 + some side story missions.

I'm sacrificing SDBH World Mission playtime for this :( but I'll be a lot happier once I get caught up. Want to make sure that there's a translation guide out for people to refer to and know the arcade story better.
Really? I just thought that golden tails meant greater strength and power as opposed to Saiyans without and see this is why we appreciate the hell outta you Rakurai and that you're willing to do all this for us

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:09 am

Does anyone know who is Mechikabura's voice actor?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:25 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:07 am The color scheme of the clothes fit. Also, he becomes SSJ4 so no way it's CC Gogeta.
Rule of thumb: Black Pants=Gogeta:Xeno

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:59 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:48 am Really? I just thought that golden tails meant greater strength and power as opposed to Saiyans without and see this is why we appreciate the hell outta you Rakurai and that you're willing to do all this for us
Golden tails were never said to be anything particularly important. At least not in any DB media I've consumed.

Also finished up all of UM7.

Have fun reading this y'all! I had fun translating this too (still have some remaining UM5 stuff... but it's already been summarized mostly in the UM5 translation so not much is lost).
ankokudaishogun wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:25 pm
Rakurai wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:07 am The color scheme of the clothes fit. Also, he becomes SSJ4 so no way it's CC Gogeta.
In general, black pants = Xeno. Those Xeno clothes must be something really special or powerful.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:31 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:59 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:48 am Really? I just thought that golden tails meant greater strength and power as opposed to Saiyans without and see this is why we appreciate the hell outta you Rakurai and that you're willing to do all this for us
Golden tails were never said to be anything particularly important. At least not in any DB media I've consumed.

Also finished up all of UM7.

Have fun reading this y'all! I had fun translating this too (still have some remaining UM5 stuff... but it's already been summarized mostly in the UM5 translation so not much is lost).
ankokudaishogun wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:25 pm
In general, black pants = Xeno. Those Xeno clothes must be something really special or powerful.
Damn Rakurai you are a beast I had fun reading all this and is truly incredible to see how caught up you are now (When will UM8 come out?) It's incredible to note that Jiren (In his full power state) was able to hold off Against Hearts & Zamasu & Super Saiyan 3 full powered Cumber and Hakaishin toppo couldn't even defeat or kill Zamasu...why do you suppose that is? or even beat cumber for that matter (Powerscailing is so off)

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:41 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:31 pm Damn Rakurai you are a beast I had fun reading all this and is truly incredible to see how caught up you are now (When will UM8 come out?) It's incredible to note that Jiren (In his full power state) was able to hold off Against Hearts & Zamasu & Super Saiyan 3 full powered Cumber and Hakaishin toppo couldn't even defeat or kill Zamasu...why do you suppose that is? or even beat cumber for that matter (Powerscailing is so off)
Every new UM comes out bi-monthly I think so... maybe May or June? I could be wrong on that.

FTrunks noted that the Fused Zamasu before is nothing compared to Mecha Zamasu now. So Mecha Zamasu should be significantly stronger than before. We have yet to see Mecha Zamasu go all-out or get defeated.

Cumber notes this FP Jiren is the strongest out of everyone he's faced up until Jiren. That includes UI Goku from UM5.

So my personal list would be: FP Jiren >=? Hearts ~? Mecha Zamasu ~? FP SSJ3 Cumber > UI Goku (CC) > SSJ3 Cumber > Hakaishin Toppo

I don't think there's anything off with powerscaling when you factor in some unknowns. In general, UM has been pretty good about how strong characters are to one another. The only thing that's off to me is how SSB Goku is supposed to be a little stronger than SSJ4 XGoku but SSJ4 XGoku and XVegeta together are equal to SSJ Cumber, yet CC Goku and Vegeta together had to resort to fusing just to stand a chance against base Cumber (who later transformed to SSJ when SSB Vegetto was formed). Unless SSJ4 XVegeta is wayyy stronger than CC Vegeta in general which I doubt. So Idk in regards to that.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:02 am

Any idea what the dialogue is in the recent chapter?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:57 am

Rakurai wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:41 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:31 pm Damn Rakurai you are a beast I had fun reading all this and is truly incredible to see how caught up you are now (When will UM8 come out?) It's incredible to note that Jiren (In his full power state) was able to hold off Against Hearts & Zamasu & Super Saiyan 3 full powered Cumber and Hakaishin toppo couldn't even defeat or kill Zamasu...why do you suppose that is? or even beat cumber for that matter (Powerscailing is so off)
Every new UM comes out bi-monthly I think so... maybe May or June? I could be wrong on that.

FTrunks noted that the Fused Zamasu before is nothing compared to Mecha Zamasu now. So Mecha Zamasu should be significantly stronger than before. We have yet to see Mecha Zamasu go all-out or get defeated.

Cumber notes this FP Jiren is the strongest out of everyone he's faced up until Jiren. That includes UI Goku from UM5.

So my personal list would be: FP Jiren >=? Hearts ~? Mecha Zamasu ~? FP SSJ3 Cumber > UI Goku (CC) > SSJ3 Cumber > Hakaishin Toppo

I don't think there's anything off with powerscaling when you factor in some unknowns. In general, UM has been pretty good about how strong characters are to one another. The only thing that's off to me is how SSB Goku is supposed to be a little stronger than SSJ4 XGoku but SSJ4 XGoku and XVegeta together are equal to SSJ Cumber, yet CC Goku and Vegeta together had to resort to fusing just to stand a chance against base Cumber (who later transformed to SSJ when SSB Vegetto was formed). Unless SSJ4 XVegeta is wayyy stronger than CC Vegeta in general which I doubt. So Idk in regards to that.
I think your list is correct (sorta) But I would Put it FP Jiren>MUI CC Goku. The way they're scaling Jiren means he could potentially be stronger than Beerus since CC Goku says when he encounters Cumber that his strength is different than that of Beerus & Jiren Plus we see both Goku & Vegeta struggle with cumber a bit until they're in blue or fused but Cumber's power (I believe) is a bit far up from Broly (BR)

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:56 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:09 am Does anyone know who is Mechikabura's voice actor?
Old Mechi: Minoru Inaba

Young Mechi: Keiji Ueda

These are taken from the SDBH Wiki Page in Japanese.
Noitsnothim wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:57 am I think your list is correct (sorta) But I would Put it FP Jiren>MUI CC Goku. The way they're scaling Jiren means he could potentially be stronger than Beerus since CC Goku says when he encounters Cumber that his strength is different than that of Beerus & Jiren Plus we see both Goku & Vegeta struggle with cumber a bit until they're in blue or fused but Cumber's power (I believe) is a bit far up from Broly (BR)
Yeah when I said UI Goku I meant Completed or Mastered UI Goku (officially it's literally just UI). I fixed my translation to distinguish between UI and UI Omen.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:10 pm

So no glimpse yet of SSJ Pan? Also do this game already has SSJ Tullece?
Who's the artist behind this? It's a really good artwork.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:10 pm So no glimpse yet of SSJ Pan? Also do this game already has SSJ Tullece?
Who's the artist behind this? It's a really good artwork.
Who is the guy on top?