Who would you like to see voice Moro when the DBS anime continues?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallKing
Regular

Who would you like to see voice Moro when the DBS anime continues?

Post by DragonBallKing » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:12 pm

For those of you that know or follow voice actors on either side, be it dub or sub. Who do you want to hear?
My Japanese pick is Sugou Takayuki (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Takayuki-Sugo/), he hasn't been in anything Dragon ball but I get a vibe similar to Raizen from YYH and think he would work great. For English assuming they can get a more well known actor like they did with Zamasu I'll go with Corey Burton, but since thats unlikely I think Michael Mcconnohie would also work.

Edit: Not sure if this would go here or in general franchise, so move it if you think it belongs there VegettoEX
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Who would you like to see voice Moro when the DBS anime continues?

Post by head_cha_la » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:45 pm

We are not sure he is animated.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:50 pm

Considering the quality of the current arc in the manga I'm actually hoping the anime skips it over.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Bullza wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:50 pm Considering the quality of the current arc in the manga I'm actually hoping the anime skips it over.
IDK, I'm anime only for the most part but I thought the manga had improved a lot in this arc compared to the TOP. Is that not the case?

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:00 pm

head_cha_la wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:45 pm We are not sure he is animated.
Yeah I know, but hypothetically. I assume so since the manga followed the anime for the first 5 arcs with some changes in the events that occur while following the same general story. But I suppose I could be unaware.

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:22 pm

In fact it is especially the statement of Toyotaro that puts me the doubt and the declaration of Toriyama to the Jump Festa.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:31 pm

head_cha_la wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:22 pm In fact it is especially the statement of Toyotaro that puts me the doubt and the declaration of Toriyama to the Jump Festa.
OK, I wasn't aware of that. Thank you

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:56 pm

DragonBallKing wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 pmIDK, I'm anime only for the most part but I thought the manga had improved a lot in this arc compared to the TOP. Is that not the case?
Well it's kind of hard to compare because one is just a Tournament so it's story writes itself whereas the Moro arc is supposed to be more of a story but it's just so generic and forgettable.

Then again the Tournament of Power was pretty boring in the manga and much better in the anime so maybe with that in mind the anime might do a better job with the Moro arc but they'd really need to change it up.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:12 am

DragonBallKing wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 pm
Bullza wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:50 pm Considering the quality of the current arc in the manga I'm actually hoping the anime skips it over.
IDK, I'm anime only for the most part but I thought the manga had improved a lot in this arc compared to the TOP. Is that not the case?
Not really no, the big bad is pretty one dimensional for the most part and whatever gimmicks he has isn't interesting enough to make the character interesting. My hopes were that if Moro were to be boring and one dimensional that he may have cool and unseen crazy magic abilities to make up for it. The arc began promising but now I just don't really care much for the chapters because they just aren't grabbing me.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:32 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:12 am
DragonBallKing wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 pm
Not really no, the big bad is pretty one dimensional for the most part and whatever gimmicks he has isn't interesting enough to make the character interesting. My hopes were that if Moro were to be boring and one dimensional that he may have cool and unseen crazy magic abilities to make up for it. The arc began promising but now I just don't really care much for the chapters because they just aren't grabbing me.
Now if they did something like Baby from GT, but more polished, that would be very interesting.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Hopefully no one.