"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJmole » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:00 pm

I can't beat Turles In notes adventure. He attacks multiple times and even when I beat the guard bar it still takes off like 1/2 my health in one round. Am I missing something?

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Has anybody got to the end yet??? because the game has been out for some days now and i was wondering if maybe a new character appears at the end that wasn't announced previously like in Xenoverse 1 and 2 with Demigra and Mira Final forms.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:13 pm

SSJmole wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:00 pm I can't beat Turles In notes adventure. He attacks multiple times and even when I beat the guard bar it still takes off like 1/2 my health in one round. Am I missing something?
I don't think I've played that battle yet, but it sounds like he has an ability that is reducing your health even if you block his attack. Try using items and accessories to boost your health for that battle, and look through your collection for a card with a health boosting support ability to use in your deck.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:26 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:19 am
sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:14 am I don't like how game skips many dialogoues and popups after few seconds. I hardly ever know what is happening in battle because everytime a character avtivates an ability i don't have time to read what it does.
Trunks is telling you what's happening so you don't have to read all those popups, hopefully we get an update with his voice dubbed soon, it's the only part of the game I actually would want a dub for.
It's fine but it would be better if it didn't disappear right after a second or two. I'd prefer to press button to make it disappear or at least auto-skip toggle in game options.

Anyway, is it even worth to put your avatar in deck? It doesn't have impressive stats so far and has no abilities which seems to make them completely useless in arcade mode where you can't put items.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:43 pm

SSJmole wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:00 pm I can't beat Turles In notes adventure. He attacks multiple times and even when I beat the guard bar it still takes off like 1/2 my health in one round. Am I missing something?
Haven't been able to do any of the side stories yet, so I don't know if you can edit the deck there, but I'd focus on getting buffs/abilities that give you more energy in the first few rounds or some damage reduction and counters. Sounds like he's designed to pressure you and make you finish him in the first 2 rounds.

But if you're getting frustrated with that, just wait until you get to the first Selas fight. The bastard combines the worst parts of the Frieza fights and ups them to 11...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:25 pm

So do we know anything more about the actual story? What is Sealas's goal?
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:56 pm

shadowfox87 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:25 pm So do we know anything more about the actual story? What is Sealas's goal?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:02 am

Hmm, so another guy like Zamasu but doesn't at least he doesn't have a god complex and actually wants to destroy all evil, but unfortunately it involves destroying all current existence in the process so yea.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:19 am

Is it weird I find this game kinda inferior to Ultimate Mission X for 3DS? I mean it's still fun and all, but somehow it feels less.. lively, so to speak. By this I mean for example the camera work during the field is fixed on top view, while in X it was "behind your team."

The Giants also bother me, since now only their legs are visible on the field thanks to their new positioning. I think the quality of life aspects decreased from X to World Mission..

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 am

Thanks guys I'll try again when leveled up more.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:12 am

Finally pulled my first SSJ4 Goku: Xeno from the UM2 gacha! :D

Wonder if I could build a team around this guy. I haven't gotten any really good cards yet like Evil Saiyan or Super Saiyan Berserk. Shit I did the rare gacha and all I got was a BS-type 18 lol. Wait and hope I guess.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:40 am

Rakurai wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:12 am Finally pulled my first SSJ4 Goku: Xeno from the UM2 gacha! :D

Wonder if I could build a team around this guy. I haven't gotten any really good cards yet like Evil Saiyan or Super Saiyan Berserk. Shit I did the rare gacha and all I got was a BS-type 18 lol. Wait and hope I guess.
You can make a card around almost anyone, especially with custom cards, just depends on your style and strats. Like, my big guns are Cooler and 'Evil Saiyan', so I've based my team around stealing my enemy's resources.

Kanassa wrote:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:19 am Is it weird I find this game kinda inferior to Ultimate Mission X for 3DS? I mean it's still fun and all, but somehow it feels less.. lively, so to speak. By this I mean for example the camera work during the field is fixed on top view, while in X it was "behind your team."

The Giants also bother me, since now only their legs are visible on the field thanks to their new positioning. I think the quality of life aspects decreased from X to World Mission..
Kinda feeling the same way in general, and looking for ways to articulate why it is.

For me, the main thing is just the overall general responsiveness. I get why it is, though: they have to assume someone's playing with a controller instead of touch input. The very specific thing that gets to me is the God Kamehameha input (where you "draw" the "G" with the controller), where you drag the stick over to the spot and it kind of "latches" in place for a moment before you drag to the next point. On the 3DS, it's as fast as you can draw the letter with the stylus.

Lots of little thing like that which slow things down, and they all add up to a much slower experience.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:45 pm

shadowfox87 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:02 am Hmm, so another guy like Zamasu but doesn't at least he doesn't have a god complex and actually wants to destroy all evil, but unfortunately it involves destroying all current existence in the process so yea.
Zamasu wanted to destroy all evil too. The problem is that he saw all mortals as inherently evil and the gods were being sinful by not acknowledging their failure and getting rid of them.

So yeah, he’s Zamasu and he does have a bit of a god complex since the new existence will be oversee by him and his justice. Which is really no different than Zamasu.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:22 pm

HeroR wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:45 pm
shadowfox87 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:02 am Hmm, so another guy like Zamasu but doesn't at least he doesn't have a god complex and actually wants to destroy all evil, but unfortunately it involves destroying all current existence in the process so yea.
Zamasu wanted to destroy all evil too. The problem is that he saw all mortals as inherently evil and the gods were being sinful by not acknowledging their failure and getting rid of them.

So yeah, he’s Zamasu and he does have a bit of a god complex since the new existence will be oversee by him and his justice. Which is really no different than Zamasu.
I'd say it's a bit disingenuous to call him just Zamasu. Yes, he does have similar end goals (Though I would say 'I want to build a utopia without mortals' is different enough from 'I want there to be only one timeline where I'm allowed to do what I must to protect the innocent'), but his personality, style, and general interactions are vastly different to Zamasu.

Kanassa wrote:

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Is it bad I'm really proud of how this card turned out ?

Now when I earn enough in game I'll get him either transform into a giant ape ability or I'm curious if transfer into super Saiyan would work lol

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:22 pm
HeroR wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:45 pm

I'd say it's a bit disingenuous to call him just Zamasu. Yes, he does have similar end goals (Though I would say 'I want to build a utopia without mortals' is different enough from 'I want there to be only one timeline where I'm allowed to do what I must to protect the innocent'), but his personality, style, and general interactions are vastly different to Zamasu.
If the game let me, I'd ally with Sealas, kill Chronoa, and try to find a compromise with him between "do nothing" and "reset all existence."
Trunks & Goten forever

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:37 pm

Thanos6 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:20 pm If the game let me, I'd ally with Sealas, kill Chronoa, and try to find a compromise with him between "do nothing" and "reset all existence."
Why? Chronoa's incompetent, but she hasn't really done anything worthy of death and Sealas is clearly not ready to be deterred from his plans.

Kanassa wrote:

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:07 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:37 pm
Thanos6 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:20 pm If the game let me, I'd ally with Sealas, kill Chronoa, and try to find a compromise with him between "do nothing" and "reset all existence."
Why? Chronoa's incompetent, but she hasn't really done anything worthy of death and Sealas is clearly not ready to be deterred from his plans.
I have never and will never forgive her for what she did to Mirai Trunks: emotionally blackmailing him and lying to him to force him into her service. Completely unnecessarily, too; if she had just come to him and said "you're powerful and have experience with time travel, I need your help to stop some time-traveling villains" I can't imagine him turning her down. Instead she added yet more guilt on top of his already damaged mental state.

Also, when someone is incompetent and in a position of such great power and responsibility, they should step down. If not, that's when you perform a coup.
Trunks & Goten forever

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 pm

Thanos6 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:07 pm
Kanassa wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:37 pm
I have never and will never forgive her for what she did to Mirai Trunks: emotionally blackmailing him and lying to him to force him into her service. Completely unnecessarily, too; if she had just come to him and said "you're powerful and have experience with time travel, I need your help to stop some time-traveling villains" I can't imagine him turning her down. Instead she added yet more guilt on top of his already damaged mental state.

Also, when someone is incompetent and in a position of such great power and responsibility, they should step down. If not, that's when you perform a coup.
Emotional Blackmail is a bit of an exaggeration. And when someone is a bit incompetent, you don't murder them and go help their psycho ex, you do what Chronoa does and get people to help with the job.

Kanassa wrote: