Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:50 am

PFM18 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:43 pm How exactly? Base Gotenks being weaker than the SSJ kids would make absolutely no sense from the way it was presented.
SS Gotenks is weaker than SS2 Vegeta and I doubt he grew multiple times stronger training in the RoSaT for a week.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:23 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:41 pm
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:54 pm Based on everything that I've seen:

Base Vegito >> Ssj3 Goku (buu arc)
Base Gotenks >> Ssj goten/trunks
Base Vegito >> ssb goku/vegeta (manga ft arc, probably anime too but he never fought)
Base kefla >> controlled ssj kale
Base Gogeta >> ssb goku/vegeta (movie)

Its likely that fusion is always going to result in someone stronger than the individuals current max. So there isnt a set multiplier.
This is impossible unless you have the kids as Super Saiyans very weak.
The manga direcrly points out that ssj trunks/ssj goten<<base gotenks

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:31 am

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:50 am
PFM18 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:43 pm How exactly? Base Gotenks being weaker than the SSJ kids would make absolutely no sense from the way it was presented.
SS Gotenks is weaker than SS2 Vegeta and I doubt he grew multiple times stronger training in the RoSaT for a week.
Wrong.everybody believed in ssj gotenks more than in ssj3 Goku to beat fat buu. Even if Goku case suppressed, anyway it was at least x2 ssj2, so ssj gotenks (pre rosat)already was considerably stronger than an adult ssj2

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:55 am

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:50 am
Okay you're just making comments you're not actually making an argument. Why is SSJ Gotenks<SSJ2 Vegeta?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:53 pm

PFM18 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:55 am Okay you're just making comments you're not actually making an argument. Why is SSJ Gotenks<SSJ2 Vegeta?
I don't need to make an argument. It's official information.
In order to defeat Majin Buu, who boasted absolute strength, Goku taught Fusion to Goten and Trunks as a last resort, and thus Gotenks was born. After several failures, they finally succeeded in merging together. The two entered the Room of Spirit and Time, and hurriedly trained as Gotenks. As a result, Gotenks leveled up so much that his strength surpassed Vegeta and the others. However, they were taken in by Buu, who had powered up by absorbing the good portion of himself.

God Gogeta

Post by God Gogeta » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:03 am

This is getting interesting. After some days I'm back again.
Ssj Goten and trunks were around the android saga Ssj level. I'm telling this as 18 was pretty Much handling both of them in Buu saga tournament.
Base gotenks=( Ssj Goten+Ssj trunks)* 10= 20 Ssj Goten= 20 times android saga Ssj vegeta.= Mssj Goku/ Gohan during cell saga.
By that theory Ssj Gotenks getting 50 times boost over base , makes him around hypothetically Buu saga ss2 Goku.
N.B. I have never believed ssj2 only gives 2 times boost over mssj. It should be higher .

Now, Buu saga ss2 Gotenks would be a bit stronger than Ss2 Goku, as Goku clearly mentioned ss3 gotenks was stronger than him.

Fusion giving boost over their max power makes it useful power up.
Ssj Gotenks should be stronger than Ssj Goku or Vegeta during Buu saga.

Base Vegetto during Buu arc=( ss3 Goku+ Ss2 vegeta)*10= 12.5 * ss3 Goku.
Ssj Vegetto= 625* ss3 Goku.
Ssj Gogeta in fusion reborn = 625* ss3 Goku

Base Vegetto during black arc= ( SSB Goku+ SSB vegeta) * 10= 20* SSB Goku.
SSB Vegetto= (400*1000*50)* 20* SSB Goku.

Base Gogeta during Broly movie = 20* Ssbe vegeta.
SSB Gogeta= (400*1000*50)* 20*Ssbe vegeta.
Broly movie SSB= Top arc Ssbe, due to lot of zenkai.

Taking SSG = 1000* ss3 Goku, as clearly during BOG SSG> Ssj Vegetto.
God Gogeta

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:09 am

If SSJ Gotenks was just somewhat above SSJ2 Vegeta, then Fat Boo would just obliterate him in Base and Super Boo kill him with ease. It doesn't make sense from the perspective of Goku trusting that they would save the Earth. (he was not counting with them turning into SSJ3)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:09 am If SSJ Gotenks was just somewhat above SSJ2 Vegeta, then Fat Boo would just obliterate him in Base and Super Boo kill him with ease. It doesn't make sense from the perspective of Goku trusting that they would save the Earth. (he was not counting with them turning into SSJ3)
Characters surviving a stronger opponent means nothing.

Gotenks is nothing until he reached SS3.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:53 pm
PFM18 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:55 am Okay you're just making comments you're not actually making an argument. Why is SSJ Gotenks<SSJ2 Vegeta?
I don't need to make an argument. It's official information.
In order to defeat Majin Buu, who boasted absolute strength, Goku taught Fusion to Goten and Trunks as a last resort, and thus Gotenks was born. After several failures, they finally succeeded in merging together. The two entered the Room of Spirit and Time, and hurriedly trained as Gotenks. As a result, Gotenks leveled up so much that his strength surpassed Vegeta and the others. However, they were taken in by Buu, who had powered up by absorbing the good portion of himself.
You do, because official info says otherwise.
Chapter: 472 (DBZ 278), P9.4
Context: after explaining that Fusion lasts 30 minutes
Goku: “With these two [Goten and Trunks], if they just manage to perform Fusion successfully, I think they’ll definitely be able to defeat [Boo] within 30 minutes. Fusion is just that extreme.”
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Question

Are we absolutely sure that SSJ Gotenks was above SSJ3 Goku? Not equals, or roughly on the same level, but stronger. Because, when I use my formula on fusion (HEADCANNON ALERT) Gotenks in SSJ is slihtly less powerful than Goku.

Now, now I don't ask for you to tell me "your headcannon is pointless and lacks evidence along with a thesis from a reliable source", I just want to know what you think of Gotenks on that matter. :shifty:
P O W E R

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:28 pm Question

Are we absolutely sure that SSJ Gotenks was above SSJ3 Goku? Not equals, or roughly on the same level, but stronger. Because, when I use my formula on fusion (HEADCANNON ALERT) Gotenks in SSJ is slihtly less powerful than Goku.

Now, now I don't ask for you to tell me "your headcannon is pointless and lacks evidence along with a thesis from a reliable source", I just want to know what you think of Gotenks on that matter. :shifty:
Yeah, we do. Not only Goku predicted Gotenks would be stronger than Fat Boo and himself, as his words were also confirmed by Piccolo, Gotenks and the narrator (Aka Toriyama himself).

Goku: “With these two [Goten and Trunks], if they just manage to perform Fusion successfully, I think they’ll definitely be able to defeat [Boo] within 30 minutes. Fusion is just that extreme.”

Chapter: 477 (DBZ 283), P11.8
Context: Chi-Chi thinks Goten will get killed by Boo
Goku: “Don’t worry. If he perfects the technique he’s trying now, he definitely ain’t gonna lose.”

Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P7.2-3
Context: after Super Saiyan Gotenks forms for the first time
Piccolo: “…Yeah…Your ki really is absolutely incredible, but how about your movement?...Show me a little.”
Gotenks: “Is that alright? If I show you here, the house might break. I’ll do it on the ground.”

Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P9.3-8
Context: Piccolo finally catches up to Gotenks
Gotenks: “You’re slow. So you finally got here? Besides circling around the Earth several times, I even took a little afternoon nap. [ ] Fuffuffuh…So you can’t tell just from my speed just now? My super-duper incredible power…! …Which is to say that the test is over, and I’m going to go take care of that annoying Majin Boo right away…”
*Gotenks takes off*
Piccolo: “H-hey, you idiot! Kuh…! Wh-what a shithead…H-he already has only 1 minute left that he can stay merged. That dimwhit…!”

Volume 25 intro wrote:Long, long ago. Son Goku set out on a journey in search of the seven dragon balls, which summon Shenlong when assembled, and gathered them all after a grand adventure. However, the balls were almost used for evil purposes, and ended up granting a stupid wish. After granting a wish Shenlong wouldn't appear again for over a year. In the meantime, Goku trained under Kame-sennin, and set out in search of the balls one more.

Time passed...The wizard Babidi awakened Majin Boo, who began killing all life on Earth. In order to defeat this mighty foe, Goten and Trunks at last perfected Fusion. However, just as Majin Boo befriended Satan and was about to give up killing, a terrible change occurred...!!
Super Gotenks' debut chapter is called Perfected at last!, parroting Goku's predictions just like the Volume intro did. It doesn't hurt to point out Toriyama felt like he should power Boo up instead of having Fat Boo hand Gotenks' ass to him.

At the end of the day, it's one of those pretty obvious stuff that people always doubt for some reason.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:58 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:28 pm Question

Yeah, we do. Not only Goku predicted Gotenks would be stronger than Fat Boo and himself, as his words were also confirmed by Piccolo, Gotenks and the narrator (Aka Toriyama himself).

Chapter: 477 (DBZ 283), P11.8
Context: Chi-Chi thinks Goten will get killed by Boo
Goku: “Don’t worry. If he perfects the technique he’s trying now, he definitely ain’t gonna lose.”

Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P7.2-3
Context: after Super Saiyan Gotenks forms for the first time
Piccolo: “…Yeah…Your ki really is absolutely incredible, but how about your movement?...Show me a little.”
Gotenks: “Is that alright? If I show you here, the house might break. I’ll do it on the ground.”

Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P9.3-8
Context: Piccolo finally catches up to Gotenks
Gotenks: “You’re slow. So you finally got here? Besides circling around the Earth several times, I even took a little afternoon nap. [ ] Fuffuffuh…So you can’t tell just from my speed just now? My super-duper incredible power…! …Which is to say that the test is over, and I’m going to go take care of that annoying Majin Boo right away…”
*Gotenks takes off*
Piccolo: “H-hey, you idiot! Kuh…! Wh-what a shithead…H-he already has only 1 minute left that he can stay merged. That dimwhit…!”

Volume 25 intro wrote:Long, long ago. Son Goku set out on a journey in search of the seven dragon balls, which summon Shenlong when assembled, and gathered them all after a grand adventure. However, the balls were almost used for evil purposes, and ended up granting a stupid wish. After granting a wish Shenlong wouldn't appear again for over a year. In the meantime, Goku trained under Kame-sennin, and set out in search of the balls one more.

Time passed...The wizard Babidi awakened Majin Boo, who began killing all life on Earth. In order to defeat this mighty foe, Goten and Trunks at last perfected Fusion. However, just as Majin Boo befriended Satan and was about to give up killing, a terrible change occurred...!!
Super Gotenks' debut chapter is called Perfected at last!, parroting Goku's predictions just like the Volume intro did. It doesn't hurt to point out Toriyama felt like he should power Boo up instead of having Fat Boo hand Gotenks' ass to him.

At the end of the day, it's one of those pretty obvious stuff that people always doubt for some reason.
I see, thanks for the info. The only thing that is contradicting this on my mind is Goku's "uncertainty" on whether he could defeat Buu in SSJ3 or not. Even if he was able to toy with Buu in order to eliminate him, would that change much?

Because, Innocent Buu should be just as strong as Super Buu, with character being the only change. (I bring this point up, as I think that Gotenks only faced Super Buu, so correct me if I am wrong please).
P O W E R

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:21 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm The only thing that is contradicting this on my mind is Goku's "uncertainty" on whether he could defeat Buu in SSJ3 or not. Even if he was able to toy with Buu in order to eliminate him, would that change much?

Because, Innocent Buu should be just as strong as Super Buu, with character being the only change. (I bring this point up, as I think that Gotenks only faced Super Buu, so correct me if I am wrong please).
Goku definitely could beat Boo with SS3. He just tried to cover it while matching Fat Boo’s strength. Super Boo actually resulted from Fat Boo’s powering up in anger and being unable to control that power. So, it’s plausible that SS Gotenks is stronger than Fat Boo, while being weaker than Super Boo.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:30 am

I cant wait to be in the era where goku and vegeta have UI mastered and uner their control, and their base fusions superscede that :lol:

Probably when they fight the grand priest.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:57 am

So well, gotenks.
Him in his first time as ssj is certainly stronger that ssj3 Goku, but there's a detail : Goku facing fat but used a suppressed ssj3 state, he couldn't go fullpower or else he would ended up just losing all of his time on earth.
So, I treat the matter like that

Goku 1
Ssj2 8
Ssj3, vs fat buu (and later kid buu) 16
Gotenks ssj , pre rosat 20
Fat buu 15
Kid buu (vs Goku) 15,4
Kid buu, fullpower (trying to deflect genkidama) 22
Goku ssj3 ( full power) 32

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:54 am

p-hyvo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:57 am So well, gotenks.
Him in his first time as ssj is certainly stronger that ssj3 Goku, but there's a detail : Goku facing fat but used a suppressed ssj3 state, he couldn't go fullpower or else he would ended up just losing all of his time on earth.

Goku 1
Ssj2 8
Fat buu 15
Kid buu (vs Goku) 15,4
So in the end, Goku in SSJ3 at least, should be stronger than SSJ Gotenks. Based on your scaling, a bit below SSJ2 Gotenks. Well, I can't say that this is not possible.
P O W E R

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:14 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:54 am
p-hyvo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:57 am So well, gotenks.

Goku 1
Ssj2 8
Fat buu 15
Kid buu (vs Goku) 15,4
So in the end, Goku in SSJ3 at least, should be stronger than SSJ Gotenks. Based on your scaling, a bit below SSJ2 Gotenks. Well, I can't say that this is not possible.
Yes, kind,of. But consider that goten,and trunks had trained, and ssj gotenks post rosat is >ssj3fp Goku by a good margin

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am

Predictions aren't the same as stated facts, and there's a suspicious lack of direct, "wow, he really is [stronger than Boo / exactly as strong as Goku said]" quotes about pre-RoSaT Gotenks. Just a handful of more generic "wow so strong" and "well he seems confident" lines instead.

So you really have the freedom to place pre-RoSaT SS Gotenks wherever you want compared to Boo and Goku, as long as it's in a range that would be considered "impressive." Even post-RoSaT Gotenks doesn't have much in the way of direct strength comparison quotes until he goes SS3.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:43 pm

Had Vegeta by the Great Saiyaman Saga surpassed Gohan as he was at the Cell Games?

Is there anything to suggest he was stronger or weaker?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 am

Bullza wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:43 pm Had Vegeta by the Great Saiyaman Saga surpassed Gohan as he was at the Cell Games?

Is there anything to suggest he was stronger or weaker?
He sure had.he flat out states it, plus by logic he surpassed it by a lot, at least in base.
Plus, is important to say that , in a guide, shin is compared to ssj Goku ( cell games) in strength, and that the series suggests more than once that base but saga Goku >base buu saga vegeta>base but saga Gohan ( when he faces dabra, after he got cured by kibito after spopovitch drained his energy) > shin.
Infact, both babidi and dabra think that shin and piccolo are both fodders, but at the same time think that Goku, Gohan and vegeta are strong , without having any clue about what super saiyan is and it's existance.
By logic, following the kiri scale ( basing only on the manga, no guides or external sources) is perfect to think that :
Dabra 4440
Dabra (vs ssj Gohan) 2220
Goku ssj 3000
Yakon 800
Goku 750
Vegeta 600
Gohan 500
Pocus 450
Shin 375

That, being Goku 3000 as a ssj, makes ssj = x4, and this works perfectly for buu saga-(and only there)

Wanting to complete the Kiri scaling with cell saga characters, we can say:

Goku ssj cell games 375
Gohan ssj cell games 450
Gohan ssj injuried 336
Perfect cell 825
Cell (grade 3-ish) 2475
Gohan ssj2 4800
Super perfect cell 4200