Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by ssj4 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Seriously, why do DB fans defend him? He voices fucking Broly of all people. He's like so insiginificant

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Has this ever been talked about? This girl once took a photo with Vic and that same photo has been stolen and used to fabricate stories that paint her as a victim. Here's the video: https://youtu.be/VOo7attn-tw

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:35 pm

SMKirbyZX wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:33 pm Has this ever been talked about? This girl once took a photo with Vic and that same photo has been stolen and used to fabricate stories that paint her as a victim. Here's the video: https://youtu.be/VOo7attn-tw
RIGHT!!!???

Also there’s funimation removing his credits from amazon and iTunes.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:43 pm

SMKirbyZX wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:33 pm Has this ever been talked about? This girl once took a photo with Vic and that same photo has been stolen and used to fabricate stories that paint her as a victim. Here's the video: https://youtu.be/VOo7attn-tw
Had to stop watching when she says these “social justice warriors” were never part of the dragon Ball fandom or comic fandom. Got to love the Gate Keeping.

And also where are all these “stolen photos” she mentions

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Kinokima wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:43 pm And also where are all these “stolen photos” she mentions
I'm guessing what she meant (and SMKirby can correct me if I'm wrong) was that ANN article, where they used a bunch of photos, and then one person came out and said they were a willing participant in the way Vic hugged her.

People then called ANN liars (even though the point was never about whether or not she was willing; but about how creepy Vic was around under-aged girls), all on account of the one photo.

I will also point out that there's at least one similar pic I know of off-hand that has the same general expression, but where the girl WASN'T comfortable with the way Vic hugged her (think she was lesbian, or something like that?).
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:54 pm
Kinokima wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:43 pm And also where are all these “stolen photos” she mentions
I'm guessing what she meant (and SMKirby can correct me if I'm wrong) was that ANN article, where they used a bunch of photos, and then one person came out and said they were a willing participant in the way Vic hugged her.

People then called ANN liars (even though the point was never about whether or not she was willing; but about how creepy Vic was around under-aged girls), all on account of the one photo.

I will also point out that there's at least one similar pic I know of off-hand that has the same general expression, but where the girl WASN'T comfortable with the way Vic hugged her (think she was lesbian, or something like that?).

I remember one case where soneone’s Photos were stolen and they pretended to be that girl but it wasn’t anyone Kick Vic it was a friend of the girl trying to start trouble.

I don’t see any evidence that anyone from Kick Vic stole anyone’s photos.

No one’s identity should be stolen and no one needs
to fabricate photos to prove Vic is a creep. But this girl clearly has an agenda when she says things like these people are not real anime or Dragon Ball fans.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Kinokima wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:00 pm I remember one case where soneone’s Photos were stolen and they pretended to be that girl but it wasn’t anyone Kick Vic it was a friend of the girl trying to start trouble.
That right? Where can I read up or hear about that?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:11 pm

I like how it’s easier to believe that there’s a “left-wing conspiracy” to bring down an anime voice-actor than it is to believe that said voice-actor is something of a creep.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:23 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:11 pm I like how it’s easier to believe that there’s a “left-wing conspiracy” to bring down an anime voice-actor than it is to believe that said voice-actor is something of a creep.
They all wanted to voice Broly and be the STAR of Dragon Ball.
Fionordequester wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:06 pm
Kinokima wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:00 pm I remember one case where soneone’s Photos were stolen and they pretended to be that girl but it wasn’t anyone Kick Vic it was a friend of the girl trying to start trouble.
That right? Where can I read up or hear about that?
Its talked about in the early pages of this thread
Last edited by Kinokima on Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:34 pm

I love how the same people who cry "PROOF" over dozens of allegations with corroborated details of abusive behaviour going back decades are the first ones to hold up a friggin' YouTube video about a spurious claim and give it absolutely zero scrutiny.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:03 pm

What you need to understand is that these are people who legitimately do not care if their arguments make sense. Their stance isn't about being right. It's about winning.

Any sane person who's not too naive or rock fucking stupid can do ten minutes of research to see that A. Vic's behavior is inappropriate and B. This is why he was fired and banned from cons. There is 1000% certain proof of that absolutely fucking everywhere, and it's all the conversation was originally about.

But that doesn't matter. Because his supporters were never working within facts and proof in the first place. It has always, always been governed by emotions. They're not acting like this because they're stupid. They know what they're doing and they're not ashamed. They legitimately do not possess the conscience to act reasonably here.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:03 pm What you need to understand is that these are people who legitimately do not care if their arguments make sense. Their stance isn't about being right. It's about winning.

Any sane person who's not too naive or rock fucking stupid can do ten minutes of research to see that A. Vic's behavior is inappropriate and B. This is why he was fired and banned from cons. There is 1000% certain proof of that absolutely fucking everywhere, and it's all the conversation was originally about.

But that doesn't matter. Because his supporters were never working within facts and proof in the first place. It has always, always been governed by emotions. They're not acting like this because they're stupid. They know what they're doing and they're not ashamed. They legitimately do not possess the conscience to act reasonably here.
You can say the same on the kickvic side. The people saying listen and believe is the exact same as that. Hearing something and expecting it to be true is a dangerous thing nowadays. you need a bit of doubt. If you don’t, it’s just mob mentality. This is why courts exist. Why can’t people just rely on courts like they did on Cosby?

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 pm
Shaddy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:03 pm What you need to understand is that these are people who legitimately do not care if their arguments make sense. Their stance isn't about being right. It's about winning.

You can say the same on the kickvic side. The people saying listen and believe is the exact same as that. Hearing something and expecting it to be true is a dangerous thing nowadays. you need a bit of doubt. If you don’t, it’s just mob mentality. This is why courts exist. Why can’t people just rely on courts like they did on Cosby?
It’s even more dangerous to ignore allegations and let predators walk away unchecked. Again, no one says he should be thrown in jail. And frankly as I said earlier, I’d rather be too cautious than too lax.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 pm You can say the same on the kickvic side.
No you can't. Read the fucking thread. The playing field is not level, the facts are not on your side, you are in the wrong. And you know this.

We're not interested in catering to your paranoid delusions.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:39 pm
Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 pm You can say the same on the kickvic side.
No you can't. Read the fucking thread. The playing field is not level, the facts are not on your side, you are in the wrong. And you know this.

Nothing has been proven yet so nobody knows whos right or who’s wrong now. It’s a stalemate until everything has been handled in court.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:45 pm

I think the problem with a lot of people who are swayed by the kickvic side, is where they get their information from. For example, if you go on something like youtube for info about this sort of thing, I don't think I saw a single search result that supported KickVic in the first 30 or so results to showed up when looking up his name. I think its easy to be swayed by that sort of thing, if you don't have alternative sources or media platforms you use to corroborate that story, especially if your someone whose already kind of inclined about that sort of thing.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 pm You can say the same on the kickvic side. The people saying listen and believe is the exact same as that. Hearing something and expecting it to be true is a dangerous thing nowadays. you need a bit of doubt. If you don’t, it’s just mob mentality. This is why courts exist. Why can’t people just rely on courts like they did on Cosby?
Cosby's assaults occurred years and years ago, the fact that he got convicted is a miracle in and of itself (I can't find the details of the case anywhere). These kinds of crimes usually don't leave evidence.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:51 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:41 pm Nothing has been proven yet so nobody knows whos right or who’s wrong now. It’s a stalemate until everything has been handled in court.
That's wrong, actually. Still not interested in catering to your rationalizing narrative. Again, read the thread. "Wait for the courts" is just your rationalization you think will vilify your opinion, and you will never for a second believe those courts could make an incorrect judgement until they don't work in your favor. Nobody has even pressed charges against Vic. This is not a court case.
JazzMazz wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:45 pm I think the problem with a lot of people who are swayed by the kickvic side, is where they get their information from. For example, if you go on something like youtube for info about this sort of thing, I don't think I saw a single search result that supported KickVic in the first 30 or so results to showed up when looking up his name. I think its easy to be swayed by that sort of thing, if you don't have alternative sources or media platforms you use to corroborate that story, especially if your someone whose already kind of inclined about that sort of thing.
Of course. The pro-Vic propaganda is real and the people acting like total dumbasses in this thread are proof of that.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:59 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:51 pm
Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:41 pm Nothing has been proven yet so nobody knows whos right or who’s wrong now. It’s a stalemate until everything has been handled in court.
That's wrong, actually. Still not interested in catering to your rationalizing narrative. Again, read the thread. "Wait for the courts" is just your rationalization you think will vilify your opinion, and you will never for a second believe those courts could make an incorrect judgement until they don't work in your favor. Nobody has even pressed charges against Vic. This is not a court case.
JazzMazz wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:45 pm I think the problem with a lot of people who are swayed by the kickvic side, is where they get their information from. For example, if you go on something like youtube for info about this sort of thing, I don't think I saw a single search result that supported KickVic in the first 30 or so results to showed up when looking up his name. I think its easy to be swayed by that sort of thing, if you don't have alternative sources or media platforms you use to corroborate that story, especially if your someone whose already kind of inclined about that sort of thing.
Of course. The pro-Vic propaganda is real and the people acting like total dumbasses in this thread are proof of that.
I just want reason to believe the other side. And they have offered nothing but insults to the other side and just listen and believe. I refuse to just believe without having legitimate reasoning to believe said thing.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:00 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:41 pm
Shaddy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Nothing has been proven yet so nobody knows whos right or who’s wrong now. It’s a stalemate until everything has been handled in court.
It’s not a stalemate. Vic is still jobless. :lol: