"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by louisascommie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:27 am

Imagine a space dandy style simildub....

Fearless

Post by Fearless » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:27 am

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:01 am
In the last few hours, new information was received about the Bologna event on April 1st regarding the European broadcast of the new Dragon Ball Super series!

▪️ Officially, Toei still keeps the secret about the beginning of the series

▪️ However the Licensors confirm the broadcast for the month of July! With a little extra treat ...

🎙 Simuldub: it seems indeed that European countries, including France and Italy, will enjoy an official Simuldub service for the series!

▪️ The announcement should arrive around the second half of April

Che Which would explain a lot of things about premature contacts with several foreign Licensors by Toei Animation, as we reported in the recent Post published by us in recent weeks and repeated on the Channel a few minutes ago.

‼ ️ In case new information comes out, we will keep you constantly updated as always!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/DBAPIta/photos ... 9784799549
How legit is this?

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:17 am

Fearless wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:27 am
TheRed259 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:01 am
In the last few hours, new information was received about the Bologna event on April 1st regarding the European broadcast of the new Dragon Ball Super series!

▪️ However the Licensors confirm the broadcast for the month of July! With a little extra treat ...

🎙 Simuldub: it seems indeed that European countries, including France and Italy, will enjoy an official Simuldub service for the series!

Che Which would explain a lot of things about premature contacts with several foreign Licensors by Toei Animation, as we reported in the recent Post published by us in recent weeks and repeated on the Channel a few minutes ago.

‼ ️ In case new information comes out, we will keep you constantly updated as always!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/DBAPIta/photos ... 9784799549
How legit is this?
It's just as questionable as the original "leak" back some time ago.

NormalHero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NormalHero » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:39 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if toei decided to postpone the transmission date after all the leaks...

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Dragonball Super Z, lets go!
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:07 pm

NormalHero wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:39 pm I wouldn't be surprised if toei decided to postpone the transmission date after all the leaks...
If by "postpone the transmission date" you mean delaying the entire show, then they can't really do that. Mainly because if it is intended to air in July, the timeslot will already have been decided by now, and TV channels are most likely not interested in tackling the logistics of suddenly changing what's going to air in that 30-minute segment of the weekly schedule if it can at all be avoided.
But if you mean that they might change the announcement date, then perhaps.
ruler9871 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:57 pm Dragonball Super Z, lets go!
Honestly, if they really need to change up the title, this is what they should go with. Dragon Ball Superset. I mean, SuperZ. :P
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:09 pm

I think they'd be quicker to take action on the release date announcement if an image had been leaked in addition to the information.

It'd be harder for Toei to deny 2uper's existence if there were screenshots or promo art leaked out there.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:34 pm

Chuquita wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:09 pm I think they'd be quicker to take action on the release date announcement if an image had been leaked in addition to the information.

It'd be harder for Toei to deny 2uper's existence if there were screenshots or promo art leaked out there.
I think it's only a matter of time before something like that leaks.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:18 am

Alruneia wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:07 pm Honestly, if they really need to change up the title, this is what they should go with. Dragon Ball Superset. I mean, SuperZ. :P
Dragon Ball Super Grand Tour. The GT fans would love that. lol

Really hope we finally get a time skip, though. This is too much stuff to fit in what was supposed to be a peaceful age between Buu and End of Z.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:38 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:18 am
Alruneia wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:07 pm Honestly, if they really need to change up the title, this is what they should go with. Dragon Ball Superset. I mean, SuperZ. :P

Really hope we finally get a time skip, though. This is too much stuff to fit in what was supposed to be a peaceful age between Buu and End of Z.
This. Definitely this.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:56 pm

So, V-Jump maybe?

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:27 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:18 am

nah .. if they make any reference to GT it is probably that it is that goku returns to make a child again

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:35 pm

If there is any inspiration to be taken from GT, I think it should be the exploration of new worlds. I mean, we have twelves universes, and we've really only explored one of them. Why don't we see Vegeta visit U6's Salada, the original Saiyan homeworld? Why not go to U11 and encounter the mysterious villain who drove Jiren to his obsessive quest for power? There's a lot of untapped potential in this wide multiverse.

It'd also be nice to see the younger cast, like Goten and Pan, grow up...

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:12 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:35 pm If there is any inspiration to be taken from GT, I think it should be the exploration of new worlds. I mean, we have twelves universes, and we've really only explored one of them. Why don't we see Vegeta visit U6's Salada, the original Saiyan homeworld? Why not go to U11 and encounter the mysterious villain who drove Jiren to his obsessive quest for power? There's a lot of untapped potential in this wide multiverse.

It'd also be nice to see the younger cast, like Goten and Pan, grow up...
Despite GT's many many problems, Toei made the right choice in going smaller, at least initially, for DBGT. Less about over the top stakes, and more about trying to return to adventure setting of the original DB.

Only problem is that, boy, you could clearly tell that Toriyama had nothing to do with the script.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:34 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:12 pmDespite GT's many many problems, Toei made the right choice in going smaller, at least initially, for DBGT. Less about over the top stakes, and more about trying to return to adventure setting of the original DB.

Only problem is that, boy, you could clearly tell that Toriyama had nothing to do with the script.
Ironically, I do consider the best parts of the original Dragon Ball series to be the earlier parts, where it's goofy and kinda raunchy. After Piccolo shows up, the show starts to feel more like DBZ. I like DBZ too, of course, but for different reasons than I like DB.

If GT was more like Dragon Ball, I might have appreciated it more, but DBZ was like Pandora's Box. Once you start with the flying, and the power levels, and the transformations, you can't go back. GT lacked both the suspense of Z and the charm of DB.

IMO, Super actually did a better job mixing the humor of DB with the action of Z. It did have the annoying consequence of making Goku dumber, though, so it's not a perfect mix. But that moment when Bulma let loose that Vegeta was off training with Whis and Goku did the Koolaid Man through the wall, I laughed my head off.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:12 pmDespite GT's many many problems, Toei made the right choice in going smaller, at least initially, for DBGT. Less about over the top stakes, and more about trying to return to adventure setting of the original DB.

GT's concepts weren't bad, the problem was the execution. I think things would've been different had they waited a few years after Z ended and planned everything out more.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:04 pm

While I do see a bunch of people pointing out that "Dragon Ball Super WILL return soon 100%", how much would Toei be able to delay announcing the series assuming that all the leaked information has some truth to it and the series will return sometime later this year?
Also, besides magazine announcements, would there be any way for the news to be released in Japan?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:09 pm

Akamay wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:04 pm Also, besides magazine announcements, would there be any way for the news to be released in Japan?
An official website appearing with a link to it on the official Toei/dbs Twitter account.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:11 pm

Chuquita wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:09 pm
Akamay wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:04 pm Also, besides magazine announcements, would there be any way for the news to be released in Japan?
An official website appearing with a link to it on the official Toei/dbs Twitter account.
I meant something more like "a big way to announce the return of DBS."
But then again, Super didn't get that much fanfare the first time it was announced either if I'm remembering it correctly.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Akamay wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:11 pm
Chuquita wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:09 pm
I meant something more like "a big way to announce the return of DBS."
But then again, Super didn't get that much fanfare the first time it was announced either if I'm remembering it correctly.
They just put out a press release when they announced the original Super so they could do that again.