Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:35 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:17 pm
Shaddy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:11 pm
Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:59 pm I just want reason to believe the other side. And they have offered nothing but insults to the other side and just listen and believe. I refuse to just believe without having legitimate reasoning to believe said thing.
READ

THE FUCKING

THREAD.

You know exactly what you're doing here. You don't want to believe the victims and their supporters. You have been given dozens of benefits of the doubt, you have had dozens of chances to research people's experiences in this thread, on twitter, in the ANN and Gizmodo articles and the comments on those articles. Photos on twitter and those same articles, apologies and admissions from the man himself, the disproportionate amount of people on your side justifying and saying his behavior is true and is his right!

You have nobody to fucking blame but yourself if you continue to idiotically follow this train of self-flagellating conspiracy theorists without paying attention to the context of the world, how false accusations happen, how often and to whom they happen, who commits them, how society views sexual assault and harassment, what it does to excuse people like Vic, and about a billion other cases like this, with as much obvious and clear evidence. You've chosen to follow a fabricated narrative of theoretical anti-Vic conspiracy by willfully ignoring human nature itself.

And yeah! I have no sympathy for that! You've done nothing but deny, deflect and minimize! You have only made yourself look less deserving of any respect on a normal level, and then have the gall to paint yourselves as the rEeEeEeEeL victims! Nobody is fucking falling for it. Your only defense is "I'm not like those guys", but your only action has been directly allying yourself with them.
This is another reason I have trouble believing this stuff. The attitude the people have with it. Whenever I see a kickvicer, most of the time, they’re using insults or have an arrogant attitude with their claims. Also those people usually have done worse things. See dc Douglas and Neil Kaplan. Sometimes those people end up screwing themselves over by saying stupid **i* without thinking. See Amanda Winn lee Jamie marchi Monica rial Jamie McGonnigal and Samantha inoue hart. I have not found any istandwithvicers besides a rare few to have done anything but show evidence disproving certain claims put out by kickvic and they have also been polite unlike most kickvicers. The most well behaved out of everyone in istandwithvic so far has actually be the accused Vic Mignogna himself. Now you could say a silent man is a guilty man all you want, but this is how everyone should be behaving right now. Not saying anything and bide their time for the right time for action, like Johnny depp did. So maybe if everyone were more calm and less defensive about and aggressive about things and acted professional in this situation maybe I would see kickvic differently. And you could say Vic should’ve acted professionally in these supposed situations that supposedly happen. And if they did supposedly happen, I would agree.but for now I’ll just wait for this all to end. It’s just tearing the anime community apart right now. The anime community is gonna change for the worst after all of this is said and done.
My man, this entire damn thread you've been pulling this passive aggressive "I'm neutral but really I stand with Vic" nonsense. At least don't be a fucking coward and just admit what your actual stance is because you're c;learly not trying to be a neutral observer. All of your grievances and mistrust come down to people not being nice enough. You sound like a teenager.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:39 pm

That's certainly how I talked when I was a dumb high schooler who absolutely would have been a Vic stan.

funrush

Post by funrush » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:49 pm

I get the impression the "I stand with Vic" faction doesn't really understand how businesses work. If you're an employer (Funi) and your employees (Rial and Marchi) make it public that another employee (Mignogna) has sexually harassed them, and there's a bunch of accusations from other women, you fire Mignogna. You don't continue to hire him, because it's a legal liability if he touches another employee and that employee decides to come after you for enabling it to happen.

It's not about a conspiracy to ruin his career, it's not about SJWs, it's not about any of that. Funimation realizes that continuing to keep Mignogna on is A) horrible PR, and B) making the workplace unsafe. What they did is a no-brainer IMO.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:49 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:31 pm Out of morbid curiosity I checked out some Youtube videos relating to the subject. Most of the Vic defenders seem to still be saying that all of the accusations are false.

If it was just one or two people making them, that could be a reasonable stance to take, but making the claim now qualifies as a very implausible conspiracy theory.
Well, this and they focus entirely on Monica Rial and Marlzgurl as far as I know.
Kinda gave up on watching those videos when every single one of them is just the same stuff over and over.

While they did convince me for a while that Vic was being attacked without proof, they never manage to debunk stuff that well either.
It just devolved into "NPCs are trying to ruin the life of this guy for no good reason."

Besides, I don't really get why protecting this one guy's career is so important at this point.
The people defending Vic have stated several times that "American voice actors are not the real voices of their characters, it is not that big of a loss to have them replaced."
It is really not because Vic voiced any characters that they enjoyed, at least not anymore.
If "justice" is what they care for, they are going through this in one of the worst ways possible.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:52 pm

They don’t care about Vic. All those anime youtubers “covering” the case are doing it for the clicks. They don’t give a shit about Vic or his fans, and they’re using the stupid Vic supporters for money.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 am

MajinMan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:52 pm They don’t care about Vic. All those anime youtubers “covering” the case are doing it for the clicks. They don’t give a shit about Vic or his fans, and they’re using the stupid Vic supporters for money.
And because they want to stick it to the left. Don’t forget that.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:47 am

funrush wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:49 pm I get the impression the "I stand with Vic" faction doesn't really understand how businesses work. If you're an employer (Funi) and your employees (Rial and Marchi) make it public that another employee (Mignogna) has sexually harassed them, and there's a bunch of accusations from other women, you fire Mignogna. You don't continue to hire him, because it's a legal liability if he touches another employee and that employee decides to come after you for enabling it to happen.

It's not about a conspiracy to ruin his career, it's not about SJWs, it's not about any of that. Funimation realizes that continuing to keep Mignogna on is A) horrible PR, and B) making the workplace unsafe. What they did is a no-brainer IMO.
The sad thing is...that clearly wasn't the case. Considering the fact that the complaints spanned years, it's clear that Mignogna was able to get away with it for so long precisely because of being a man with some level of status. It's a testament to how much the #METOO has affected society that, at the very least, companies aren't willing to deal with people like Mignogna.

You do not get to sit here and claim that you're anti-rape or anti-racism, but get upset when actual change starts occuring. How the fuck do you think progress happens? In order to deal with the many issues we all have face, we have to take a good look at the things we've often taken for granted and just assumed as normal.
XanatosVanBadass wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 am
MajinMan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:52 pm They don’t care about Vic. All those anime youtubers “covering” the case are doing it for the clicks. They don’t give a shit about Vic or his fans, and they’re using the stupid Vic supporters for money.
And because they want to stick it to the left. Don’t forget that.
Precisely. The right has made what should be a no-brainer into something politically by viewing it entirely within the framework of "SJWS ARE TRYING TO RUIN MAH LIFE/GAMES/ANIME." It's so fucking pathetic and petty and just shows a shocking lack of empathy that I see far too often on the internet. And those youtubers should be held accountable for irresponsibly spinning bullshit to make a buck. They're taking advantage of kids--which I have to believe that we're dealing with children even though I know there are people who are older than me who should no fucking better that believe this shit--who don't understand at all what's going on, and believe it's simply a matter of "THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO VIC!!!"

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:56 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:47 am The sad thing is...that clearly wasn't the case. Considering the fact that the complaints spanned years, it's clear that Mignogna was able to get away with it for so long precisely because of being a man with some level of status. It's a testament to how much the #METOO has affected society that, at the very least, companies aren't willing to deal with people like Mignogna.
Exactly. Much as I appreciate that he was fired, nobody should be acting like Funimation are the heroes for this, if they cared they would have done this years ago. The only difference between now and the time before then was how much attention the victims were given, and so to Funimation, firing him versus keeping him around was only ever a question of whether the money he made them surpassed the potential losses of continuing to hire a creepy grope boy.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 pm

...speaking of hashtags, who thought it was a good idea to make #fuckvic a thing? You know how that could be misconstrued right?

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 pm ...speaking of hashtags, who thought it was a good idea to make #fuckvic a thing? You know how that could be misconstrued right?
Most likely someone on the StandWithVic side trying to make the KickVic people look bad.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:12 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:06 pm
Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 pm ...speaking of hashtags, who thought it was a good idea to make #fuckvic a thing? You know how that could be misconstrued right?
Most likely someone on the StandWithVic side trying to make the KickVic people look bad.
I looked on Twitter, seems like it was started by the kickvicers. I mean I get what they’re trying to say, but they have to have some sort of awareness about these things right?

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:32 pm

I’d buy that if your side hadn’t already been caught before trying to pull a similar stunt.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:12 pm
XanatosVanBadass wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:06 pm
I looked on Twitter, seems like it was started by the kickvicers. I mean I get what they’re trying to say, but they have to have some sort of awareness about these things right?
Dude, just fucking stop.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:24 pm

How about #VicIsADick?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:24 pm How about #VicIsADick?
That would work.

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:44 pm

So this moved in a direction I wasn't expecting. However what are some of the way these claims can be investigated today. Given that most of details happened so long ago. And how should investigators separate events that did happen from the ones that didn't.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:45 pm

Son Dragon wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:44 pm So this moved in a direction I wasn't expecting. However what are some of the way these claims can be investigated today. Given that most of details happened so long ago. And how should investigators separate events that did happen from the ones that didn't.
Corroborate similar events and see what sticks out and what changes from person to person.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:42 am

Anybody seen this on YouTube? Probably posted before, I dunno...

https://youtu.be/VOo7attn-tw
The world is your's.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:33 am

tinlunlau wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:42 am Anybody seen this on YouTube? Probably posted before, I dunno...

https://youtu.be/VOo7attn-tw
I reiterate anyone who thinks a Youtube video on the subject is going to have anything interesting and insightful to say, I’m sorry your instincts are wrong.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:47 am

Blind-clicking a YouTube link is like Russian Roulette for your suggested videos list. One false move and you're shoulder-deep in 'gater shit. :lol: