Funimation's 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:27 pm

fuck funimation and their shit, they will never learn anything and with all people that love their shit , they deserve it...for the true hardcore fans, Toei is probably working on their own remaster as TV SP2 is now online on Gyao japan HD

allways same issues as movies, slight DNR (not as shit as funi one) color correction undone, but better crop than dbox like you can see here
ImageImage

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Not necessarily if they get enough emails and realize their is potential to maximize sales it may be a moot point.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Freeza Soldier #156 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:51 am 2895/3000 as of about an hour ago. Just 105 to go. This could be done by the end of the day.
This is bad right? If FUNi get the 3000 well before the deadline they'll think they are in right and won't acknowledge the complaints?
Not necessarily. The 3000 is just to ensure the set gets made, but Funi’s ultimate goal is 6000 sets sold. Even after reaching the 3000, I think there is still hope they will listen if they want to fill all 6000 orders.

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:32 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:51 am 2895/3000 as of about an hour ago. Just 105 to go. This could be done by the end of the day.
This is bad right? If FUNi get the 3000 well before the deadline they'll think they are in right and won't acknowledge the complaints?
And if they don't get the 3,000 before the deadline, they will think that nobody cares about a 4:3 release and we'll have 16:9 releases until the end of time.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:32 pm

Not necessarily. Keep e-mailing them or use their contact form to voice your opinion.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:33 pm

This is far slower than it should be. If this had been a stellar set, they'd have hit the 3000 in a day. Probably 6000 within the day after that.

If we can keep the emails coming, and really insist to them "We will buy this thing if you do it right", maybe they'll change. And if that happens, everyone preorder the set. It'll hit 6000, and hopefully then people will demand more sets, or a re-release using those masters. And if Funi are smart enough to follow the money, they will do exactly that.

There is a positive way for this to go, we just have to send our emails, make sure as many people as possible send emails, etc.
HakkaiBills93 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:27 pm fuck funimation and their shit, they will never learn anything and with all people that love their shit , they deserve it...for the true hardcore fans, Toei is probably working on their own remaster as TV SP2 is now online on Gyao japan HD
Looks nice, but Toei doing the TV specials doesn't mean much in regards to the series, and we've still got a path to Funi improving things; we just have to get those emails flowing.
Last edited by Robo4900 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Those shots don't exactly give me faith about Toei's potential remaster either. Still looks shit, just less shit than what Funimation have shown.

KillerCory
Beyond Newbie

Post by KillerCory » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Hmm, the page for pre-ordering is down right now.

Maybe they are making updates to the page? Like, removing the DNR (wishful thinking)
Goku: "Look Vegeta! People popcorn!"
Vegeta: "What is he on?"

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:35 pm

KillerCory wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:34 pm Hmm, the page for pre-ordering is down right now.

Maybe they are making updates to the page? Like, removing the DNR (wishful thinking)
It's up for me. The counter has been updated though to 2,904, so less than a hundred until the set is guaranteed production.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:52 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:27 pm fuck funimation and their shit, they will never learn anything and with all people that love their shit , they deserve it
Jesus I hope that wasn't what you said in your email to Funi, calm down dude.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Here is a question do we have any idea how sets of dragonboxes us were produced?

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:57 pm

KBABZ wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:52 pm
HakkaiBills93 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:27 pm fuck funimation and their shit, they will never learn anything and with all people that love their shit , they deserve it
For some reason I can imagine Gen Fukunaga sipping his coffee at his computer, and he just gets an email that tells him to go fuck himself.

'Holy shit, this guy told me to go fuck myself! I have to call the remaster team right away to change course, I'm fully convinced!'

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Here is something I am wondering let’s say they change course and go with the raw, is there anyone who still won’t buy it here? If so what would be the reason?

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:07 pm

i didn't send any email, i don't make useless things, if preorder wasn't so close to 3000 i would have done it but why should i do it? i have bad grammar it will go to trash and anyway , they won't change anything, they will reach their goals very soon, so why will they bothered? few times ago some people here were claiming that all things about audios were given to funimation by chris sabat, they didn't listened .

The girl on discord and her team like this jerk and it seems everything was done using their taste.
Why revert to the original with grain?
it's already done since people preorder massively things, it's too late as long as people don't cancel their preorders

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Char Aznable wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:35 pm
KillerCory wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:34 pm Hmm, the page for pre-ordering is down right now.

It's up for me. The counter has been updated though to 2,904, so less than a hundred until the set is guaranteed production.
Wow people are willing to spend 350 bucks on this subpar release smh.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:08 pm

I don't know why people expect Toei to do better (yes they do have the best masters) but they still DNRED the movies on home release and didn't color correct again. Sadly the level sights were a fluke and the Dboxes were also a lazy release that just happened to have two things going for it (First Japanese release ever of the series, and All the Japanese stuff the NA versions were missing).

In fact, Japans Dragon Boxes were similar to this 30th set with the pre-orders. And I bet if FUNi's raws had the same color timing as the Dboxes people would be angry that FUNi would rake in over a million and not even color correct the film. It seems there will always be something off with a DB release because every release has had something off with it or maybe we're expecting too much. (Again the level sets were perfect but didnt have Japanese title cards or NEP and even used the movie 1 opening and there were complaints and got people to not support it)

When it comes to fan "remasters" we also have to remember that's how we got the orange bricks (those stretched 16:9 super saturated remasters on youtube. And even in the color correction thread, there is not a general consensus to how the colors should look (Match the broadcast, the cels, whats the right skin tone etc.)

At the end of the day, if we lose this battle, then don't support FUNimation, I hadn't for years for other reasons, and it's totally your decision to make.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:08 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:07 pm
i didn't send any email, i don't make useless things, if preorder wasn't so close to 3000 i would have done it but why should i do it? i have bad grammar it will go to trash and anyway , they won't change anything, they will reach their goals very soon, so why will they bothered? few times ago some people here were claiming that all things about audios were given to funimation by chris sabat, they didn't listened .

The girl on discord and her team like this jerk and it seems everything was done using their taste.
it's already done since people preorder massively things, it's too late as long as people don't cancel their preorders
Pessimistic much 🤔

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:22 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:07 pm i didn't send any email, i don't make useless things
Well with an attitude like that we'll NEVER get what we want out of this. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, as they say.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:08 pm
HakkaiBills93 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Pessimistic much 🤔
No realist, they are a company? what want a company? make money
They already used their taste for the remaster (if we can called this joke like that) it's how they think it should look
why would they change their mind now? they already have almost 3000 preorder of the bad release , so reach their goal yet.
If they change their mind, they will have to start over what they are trying to do (so it have a cost) AND start over the 3000 preorders cause i don't think most of those that have preorder a crappy DNR release will keep preorder if you give them grain
it's only logical sense.
change their mind now is taking a big risk i am sure they won't take it
Funimation never shown any kind of interest toward our taste, why would they change their mind now?
if preorder was at a low number i would have said :"yes , you have the power to make things turn", but now...

DBfan4life
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBfan4life » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:29 pm

I’ve been looking forward to a nice blu ray release of Dragonball Z since the cancellation of the levels and to see that it’s this, is just disappointing. With that said I really think that emailing funimation is helping. I mean yeah the preorders will be reaching 3000 real soon, but if it wasn’t for all the emails and comments telling them what’s wrong would we have gotten that comparison trailer? I say no. So emailing and leaving comments does make a difference.
I myself will be sending an email too and hopefully they’ll listen and make changes to the set. Better to try and hope for the best than to sit and do nothing.