What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:37 pm

Spotted this in a CEX I happened to be in recently. Couldn't pass up some Big Green goodness. :D
They had some other Dragon Ball DVDs, but nothing interesting, really, so this is all I picked up. I'm waiting to see what the new remasters are like before committing to buying the show; it's a lot of money to pick up a show only for it to be superseded by a better release a few months to a year later.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:09 pm

Robo4900 wrote:Image

Spotted this in a CEX I happened to be in recently. Couldn't pass up some Big Green goodness. :D
They had some other Dragon Ball DVDs, but nothing interesting, really, so this is all I picked up. I'm waiting to see what the new remasters are like before committing to buying the show; it's a lot of money to pick up a show only for it to be superseded by a better release a few months to a year later.
Man the Big Green dub is so hilarious, i just can't get enough of the cheese from the clips i have seen. :lol:
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:02 am

Another JPN Dragon Box to my collection, DBZ Vol 1:

I got Vol 2 off Ebay a few months ago but found no Vol 1 listings. There was one recently listed, but was too much at $600-700 NZD, so I gave Buyee a try (thanks Arian). Much more reasonably priced ($250 NZD), though went into it blind aside from some word from some Youtubers.

BIt the bullet last week and tried it out. Was very fast but huge shipping/warehouse fee, that cost $162 NZD including their Protective Packaging upgrade, only took 6 days from winning the listing to receiving it this afternoon.

But that leaves only the GT and Movies set to get now:

That protective packaging upgrade though, was ridiculously packed, about 5-8 inches of bubblewrap over the set. :lol:

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:27 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Another JPN Dragon Box to my collection, DBZ Vol 1:

I got Vol 2 off Ebay a few months ago but found no Vol 1 listings. There was one recently listed, but was too much at $600-700 NZD, so I gave Buyee a try (thanks Arian). Much more reasonably priced ($250 NZD), though went into it blind aside from some word from some Youtubers.

BIt the bullet last week and tried it out. Was very fast but huge shipping/warehouse fee, that cost $162 NZD including their Protective Packaging upgrade, only took 6 days from winning the listing to receiving it this afternoon.

That protective packaging upgrade though, was ridiculously packed, about 5-8 inches of bubblewrap over the set. :lol:

OMG the original original JPN Dragon Boxes are such awesome sights to behold, it sure makes the smaller FUNi Dragon Boxes look almost quaint by comparison. Sometime in the future i will likely try to get my hands on at least the DB and Movies boxes, though i will probably have to do a lot of saving up to do before even realistically attempting to hunt them down given the prices they fetch. In the end i may just settle for getting the singles of both because as awesome as the boxes themselves are i don't want to spend an ungodly amount and have my billfold burst into flames.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:36 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Another JPN Dragon Box to my collection, DBZ Vol 1:

Well done mate! Must be stoked to complete the set now :D

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:02 am

LordCrumb wrote:
BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Well done mate! Must be stoked to complete the set now :D
Actually am in a way, mainly for having the big sets out of the way and GT/Movies should be significantly cheaper to send etc (hopefully)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:39 pm

Been a bit since I was able to do an order rather than just grabbing things if I got lucky enough to spot them at my local Wal-mart (which is where I've been keeping up to date on the Super Bluray sets), but since I got in the bulk of my tax return, I was able to put in a RightStuf order for the first time in a long while. Some of it isn't DB related, but for what is -

Dragon Ball Super: Volume 4 (manga)
Dragon Ball: That Time I Got Reincarnated Into Yamcha
Krillin PVC Keychain

The keychain's pretty nifty looking if I do say so myself.

AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:34 am

So Dragon Ball glassware has become a bit of an addiction. (Sorry about the picture quality.)

It's pretty rare to find non-Z or Super styled stuff like this, but the art style and the Tenkaichi Budokai symbol make this one kinda Piccolo Jr. saga-themed:

And a large mug with SSB Goku and Vegeta on either side and Vegetto in the middle I thought looked cool:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:02 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:39 pm
Krillin PVC Keychain

The keychain's pretty nifty looking if I do say so myself.

Where did you get that? Wouldn't mind picking one up myself
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:05 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:02 am Where did you get that? Wouldn't mind picking one up myself
I got mine from RightStuf, though I'd imagine it could probably be found on Amazon and eBay and the like as well. :thumbup:
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:27 am

Robo4900 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:37 pm Image

Bruh, you paid £6?! SIX pounds for a used copy of that Big Green movie? :?

I've seen that going for about £1-2 on Amazon and other online retailers.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:06 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:27 am
Robo4900 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:37 pm Image

Bruh, you paid £6?! SIX pounds for a used copy of that Big Green movie? :?

I've seen that going for about £1-2 on Amazon and other online retailers.
Only times I've seen it that cheap are auctions that just began, and have at least a couple of quid shipping. Just going in and picking the thing up in-person was very convenient. Probably could've got it online for closer to £5, but an extra pound to just pick the thing up then and there isn't too bad.

Also Image
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Post by bernhard90 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Last week I got this: ( And much more media releases, but I post that in the "crap" topic :) )

ImageIMG_7480 by Bernhard I, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7481 by Bernhard I, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7482 by Bernhard I, on Flickr

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:00 am

Dragon Ball Z: Super Battle in the World
Dragon Ball Z: Episodes 001-004 (French DVD)

Always been curious about the Mangas DVD release of Z if it was multi-dub like the GT DVD, probably not.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 pm

So also in celebration of today, and the fact that I never got a copy and found one for super cheap...I decided to sin yet again.

I may or may not need to be committed in the near future. Only time will tell.
Twitter

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:58 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 pm So also in celebration of today, and the fact that I never got a copy and found one for super cheap...I decided to sin yet again.

I may or may not need to be committed in the near future. Only time will tell.
Great game. Well, it's just Shin Budokai reskinned but a lot of fun! :D

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm

These are probably the rarest items in my collection now (though at some point in the future I’d like to get my hands on an animation cel). I picked them up a few weeks back and they just got here, I also purchased custom-measured frames with UV-protective glass. They’re posters for Movies 5 and 6 used in Japan when the movies premiered in 1991 and 1992, very cool to own something like these.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Char Aznable wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm These are probably the rarest items in my collection now (though at some point in the future I’d like to get my hands on an animation cel). I picked them up a few weeks back and they just got here, I also purchased custom-measured frames with UV-protective glass. They’re posters for Movies 5 and 6 used in Japan when the movies premiered in 1991 and 1992, very cool to own something like these.

Those are very cool and some of my favorite posters! They're in excellent shape too! Nice find!

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:07 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:44 pm Those are very cool and some of my favorite posters! They're in excellent shape too! Nice find!
Thanks! The one for Movie 5 has slight wear but seeing as how they’re just under 30 years old, it’s to be expected. Can’t wait to hang them up wherever I figure out to put them.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:18 pm

Char Aznable wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm These are probably the rarest items in my collection now (though at some point in the future I’d like to get my hands on an animation cel). I picked them up a few weeks back and they just got here, I also purchased custom-measured frames with UV-protective glass. They’re posters for Movies 5 and 6 used in Japan when the movies premiered in 1991 and 1992, very cool to own something like these.

That's really awesome, the Cooler poster arts are some of my favorites. :thumbup: