What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Finally received my Dragon Box 7 discs in the mail, and i'm certainly excited to be that much closer to finishing out the collection at long last. :D

(Case has cover artwork of the second to last Kid Buu single, inserted by the seller.)

DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:58 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:50 pm Finally received my Dragon Box 7 discs in the mail, and i'm certainly excited to be that much closer to finishing out the collection at long last. :D

(Case has cover artwork of the second to last Kid Buu single, inserted by the seller.)

That's something FUNimation could have done themselves but who'd want it, right? The true hardcore fans are just whiny babies! FUNimation knows best and over saturating the colors as well as destroying details is how the show is supposed to look like. :D

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:00 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:58 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:50 pm Finally received my Dragon Box 7 discs in the mail, and i'm certainly excited to be that much closer to finishing out the collection at long last. :D

That's something FUNimation could have done themselves but who'd want it, right? The true hardcore fans are just whiny babies! FUNimation knows best and over saturating the colors as well as destroying details is how the show is supposed to look like. :D
Yeah i know right, they just can't leave the series as is and put it out the way it's really meant to be seen. :lol:

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:02 am

Just ordered this:

It features the AB Groupe English dub commonly known as the "Big Green". I kept on searching and eventually found it at an OK price whereas everyone else were charging way higher. No way I'll pay the retail price for BDs/DVDs, I'd rather give it time and then snatch it. :P

There were only three of the "Big Green" DVDs released in the UK market so I already grabbed two, and just missing "The Strongest Guy in the World" which for some reason that's holding its value.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:08 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:02 am Just ordered this:

It features the AB Groupe English dub commonly known as the "Big Green". I kept on searching and eventually found it at an OK price whereas everyone else were charging way higher. No way I'll pay the retail price for BDs/DVDs, I'd rather give it time and then snatch it. :P

There were only three of the "Big Green" DVDs released in the UK market so I already grabbed two, and just missing "The Strongest Guy in the World" which for some reason that's holding its value.
Man the Big Green dub is hilarious stuff, all the clips i have watched just make me break down laughing every time because the voices are so hilarious and unfitting for some of the characters that i just can't get enough.

Now that said, as laughably bad as Big Green is it's still much better than the Speedy dub. :lol:

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:15 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:08 amMan the Big Green dub is hilarious stuff, all the clips i have watched just make me break down laughing every time because the voices are so hilarious and unfitting for some of the characters that i just can't get enough.

Now that said, as laughably bad as Big Green is it's still much better than the Speedy dub. :lol:
Yeah, but this is more as a collectible than to watch it. In the Netherlands (I think) were released 11 DVDs of it, 9 Movies and 2 TV Specials but it's pretty darn hard to find them all now.

Here's what it looks like:

List of movies:
Movie 1 - Super Battle in the World (= Movie 3)
Movie 2 - The Strongest Guy in the World (= Movie 2)
Movie 3 - Super Saiyan, Goku (= Movie 4)
Movie 4 - Super Rivals (= Movie 5)
Movie 5 - Fight! 10 Billion Power Warriors (= Movie 6)
Movie 6 - Super Battle of the Three Super Saiyans (= Movie 7)
Movie 7 - The Burning Battles (= Movie 8 )
Movie 8 - Super Guy in the Galaxy (= Movie 9)
Movie 9 - The Father of Goku (= TV Special 1 (Bardock))
Movie 10 - Gohan and Trunks (= TV Special 2 (Trunks))
Movie 11 - In Pursuit of Garlic (= Movie 1)
It makes no sense for the Dead Zone movie to be the 11th but it's the Big Green. lol

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:35 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:15 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:08 amMan the Big Green dub is hilarious stuff, all the clips i have watched just make me break down laughing every time because the voices are so hilarious and unfitting for some of the characters that i just can't get enough.

Yeah, but this is more as a collectible than to watch it. In the Netherlands (I think) were released 11 DVDs of it, 9 Movies and 2 TV Specials but it's pretty darn hard to find them all now.

Here's what it looks like:

List of movies:
Movie 1 - Super Battle in the World (= Movie 3)
Movie 2 - The Strongest Guy in the World (= Movie 2)
Movie 3 - Super Saiyan, Goku (= Movie 4)
Movie 4 - Super Rivals (= Movie 5)
Movie 5 - Fight! 10 Billion Power Warriors (= Movie 6)
Movie 6 - Super Battle of the Three Super Saiyans (= Movie 7)
Movie 7 - The Burning Battles (= Movie 8 )
Movie 8 - Super Guy in the Galaxy (= Movie 9)
Movie 9 - The Father of Goku (= TV Special 1 (Bardock))
Movie 10 - Gohan and Trunks (= TV Special 2 (Trunks))
Movie 11 - In Pursuit of Garlic (= Movie 1)
It makes no sense for the Dead Zone movie to be the 11th but it's the Big Green. lol
Yeah, that does seem so weird that they numbered it so out of order when it was the first of the Z movies.

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Post by bernhard90 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Lol I bought them all last month :mrgreen:

SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie

Post by SqueakyBoots » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:48 pm

"In Pursuit of Garlic" is a hilarious title.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:44 pm

El Conejo Malo

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Post by bernhard90 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Thats not a purchase but a pre-order right?

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:32 pm

bernhard90 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 pm Thats not a purchase but a pre-order right?
Correct, but it's just the Season Sets in 4:3 AR.

No9tro

Post by No9tro » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 am

I just received these Danish DVD Releases of Dragon Ball Z Movie 1, 4 and the Bardock special that I purchased recently
I'm pretty happy to own multiple pieces of Dragon Ball home media (that isn't the manga) in my native language even if the translation, voice acting, video quality etc. is what one would call subpar

(Edit:) Also I just noticed but the DVD for Movie 1 is only 39 minutes long whic confuses me since Kanzenshuu lists the movie as being Approx. 50 min. long. Anybody know what's missing on the DVD?
Last edited by No9tro on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am

Bardo117 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:44 pm Image
I also pre-ordered this but not for pq but more or less just to fill space on my shelf.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:02 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am
I also pre-ordered this but not for pq but more or less just to fill space on my shelf.
Filling space on a shelf is a silly reason to buy a release like that

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:05 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:02 pm
Daimo-Rukiri wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am
Filling space on a shelf is a silly reason to buy a release like that
I hate to say it, but I don't see a reason why not. It's not like a lot of users on this tread of shared pictures of their collections that have most if not all of FUNi's release (orange bricks included)

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm

It's the same reason I ended up placing an order, not so much to fill space on the shelf but I just wanted a version on Blu-ray. I have the Dragon Boxes on DVD, now I want it on Blu-ray. I also happen to like the packaging, and I think the art book will have some good stuff in it. It's better than what we have now on Blu-ray (Level sets aside, I mean a complete release from 1-291), even though it's marginal at best. As I've stated before too, if you think that by some miracle it wouldn't hit the minimum 3,000 FUNi would just go back and say 'Wow, I guess we should do it right!' you are living in some kind of optimistic fantasy-land. They would affirm it as proof that the fanbase wants widescreen, and we'll never see the show released in 4:3 ever again. Period.

Guaranteed in a few years FUNi's next inevitable DBZ re-release will be in 4:3, mark my words.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Char Aznable wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm It's the same reason I ended up placing an order, not so much to fill space on the shelf but I just wanted a version on Blu-ray. I have the Dragon Boxes on DVD, now I want it on Blu-ray. I also happen to like the packaging, and I think the art book will have some good stuff in it. It's better than what we have now on Blu-ray (Level sets aside, I mean a complete release from 1-291), even though it's marginal at best. As I've stated before too, if you think that by some miracle it wouldn't hit the minimum 3,000 FUNi would just go back and say 'Wow, I guess we should do it right!' you are living in some kind of optimistic fantasy-land. They would affirm it as proof that the fanbase wants widescreen, and we'll never see the show released in 4:3 ever again. Period.

Guaranteed in a few years FUNi's next inevitable DBZ re-release will be in 4:3, mark my words.
I mean they corrected the aspect ratio to what it's supposed to be which is certainly an improvement, so i would say the next time they release it again that's what FUNi will stick to and not backtrack to fake widescreen again like they did after the Level sets went belly up.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:44 pm

My most recent purchase was the new movie. But it's also my most recent refund because I refuse to pay for a defective video transfer with incorrect subs.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Buying a $350 trashy release just to have on the shelf is a waste or money, if it were me I'd use it towards a quality release at the very least. Anyhow, I'm sniping two eBay auctions so if they go as planned I should get them for a decent price.