"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaSith
Regular

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:11 am

HeroR wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:12 am Pet peeve in this video, but the UI Goku from UM2 can hit hard, just not as hard as UM1UI Goku who's a glass cannon. With his passive, he does over 5k if you have 7 or more Hero Energy and he Super for over 15k without the Grand Priest. The problem with UM2 Goku is that you need to be below 40% of your life to get his second passive, which raise his attack by 3x, and you need to play your Avatar to get his other passive.
Yeah for sure, I run a different team. This was the first video I found that showed off a spot to farm rare gachas. If you find any other meta game videos please share them here, I'll be on the lookout as well. :thumbup:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:44 am

I finally got to play a bit of this yesterday, and...I was initially worried I wouldn't like the game, since the figure coliseum thing in Xenoverse 2 was always described as 'Heroes-esque' and I don't like the figure battles. This though? This is 100% and then some WAY more enjoyable than the figure battle crap. The tutorials explain the game much more thoroughly, and while there's still some things I'm not pulling off as well as I'd like just yet, I'm having fun even when I mess up. Despite my initial concerns, I'm actually really happy I went ahead and bought this.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:55 pm

Gogeta SSJ4 is pretty useful with his X3 PWR LVL multiplier everytime your team took less than 5000 dmg + another 4X in round 3.

Worst luck EVER

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Seeing the positive comments here and on Steam makes me happy. I also would like to know how the game is doing on sales. With so much positivity, I hope Heroes becomes more prominent on the western so that eventually the animated series stops being a promotional thing and becomes a regular series.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:22 pm

So, potentially dumb question here. On a few missions I've had so far, one of the Ultra Finish completion requirements is to not fail any of the clash things (the things where you have to hit A and have a higher ranking on the bar than your opponent). Sometimes those things move so fast that it's nigh impossible though (especially against SS3 Saiyan Saga Vegeta who's really good at hitting high ranks himself). I believe I saw something in the tutorials that said those speeds vary based on the card, and I'm noticing that the fastest ones seem to often be in regards to the really strong characters. So to get those Ultra Complete requirements done, is it sometimes better to bring in somewhat weaker cards, so that the bar moves less fast?
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:22 pm So, potentially dumb question here. On a few missions I've had so far, one of the Ultra Finish completion requirements is to not fail any of the clash things (the things where you have to hit A and have a higher ranking on the bar than your opponent). Sometimes those things move so fast that it's nigh impossible though (especially against SS3 Saiyan Saga Vegeta who's really good at hitting high ranks himself). I believe I saw something in the tutorials that said those speeds vary based on the card, and I'm noticing that the fastest ones seem to often be in regards to the really strong characters. So to get those Ultra Complete requirements done, is it sometimes better to bring in somewhat weaker cards, so that the bar moves less fast?
I recommend putting Demon Godess Putine and Golden Coola on your Team and a Card that makes sure Coola can use his Super Attack. Strategy is: Coola can use his Ability that decreases his CI Gauge Speed big time, while Putine lurks in the Support Area. Her Ability is, if she is an Attacker, all Enemy Card's CI Speed is the fastest of all his Attacker Cards, if she is a Supporter, all your Card's CI Speed will be the slowest of all your Cards.
So Coola's CI Speed becomes very slow when he has his Super Attack and Putine makes sure that ALL your Cards have Coola's CI Speed. And it is so slow that hitting Perfect (or close to it) is very easy.

Other than that I recommend Dark Masked King (who increases Hero Energy +1 for each Enemy Attacker on the Field) and Mechikabura (Special), who can increase your Power Level (not just Power of a single Card) by 15.000 (he can do this only twice per Match though), so winning the Power Level Phase is very easy too.

I'm not sure in which Gacha Packs those are, but you can check the List of each Pack, before pulling.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:22 pm So, potentially dumb question here. On a few missions I've had so far, one of the Ultra Finish completion requirements is to not fail any of the clash things (the things where you have to hit A and have a higher ranking on the bar than your opponent). Sometimes those things move so fast that it's nigh impossible though (especially against SS3 Saiyan Saga Vegeta who's really good at hitting high ranks himself). I believe I saw something in the tutorials that said those speeds vary based on the card, and I'm noticing that the fastest ones seem to often be in regards to the really strong characters. So to get those Ultra Complete requirements done, is it sometimes better to bring in somewhat weaker cards, so that the bar moves less fast?

Some cards effect it too. Like a gohan (adult) one if he's support decreases ci speeds (I use this a lot ) , other can permanently remove changes to ci if computer is increasing.

Basically go deck builder and search > choose abilities > search by effect , Ci adjustments. Thus will list all you have and help.

Additionally the card of You , has an anazingly low ci spee. Even at higher levels.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll definitely have to look at what I have and see if anything has the effects I'd need (I know I have at least one Adult Gohan card, so with any luck, there's that at least). If nothing else, I can always come back to it later when I do get the right cards (I do like that stuff like that is side-stuff in a way rather than a full on progression blocker), because I've already beaten him, it was just a matter of getting the Ultra Finish or whatever it's called so I can deal with the other anomalies on that map.
Twitter

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Anyone know how Sealas made anomanlly into many timeline ?

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:46 pm

The main thing I would change for a sequel is being able to skip the fluff in the matches. Having to watch all the buffs going off before fighting, without being able to skip, is a little annoying. I'd like things to be able to move a little faster. Other quality of life stuff such as being able to see the items equipped on characters without having to go into a menu would be nice too. Otherwise I have no other complaints!

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:47 pm

Gohan123 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:29 pm Anyone know how Sealas made anomanlly into many timeline ?
Didn't he just go around changing history?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:17 pm

Xaroc wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:31 pm
I recommend putting Demon Godess Putine and Golden Coola on your Team and a Card that makes sure Coola can use his Super Attack. Strategy is: Coola can use his Ability that decreases his CI Gauge Speed big time, while Putine lurks in the Support Area. Her Ability is, if she is an Attacker, all Enemy Card's CI Speed is the fastest of all his Attacker Cards, if she is a Supporter, all your Card's CI Speed will be the slowest of all your Cards.
So Coola's CI Speed becomes very slow when he has his Super Attack and Putine makes sure that ALL your Cards have Coola's CI Speed. And it is so slow that hitting Perfect (or close to it) is very easy.

Other than that I recommend Dark Masked King (who increases Hero Energy +1 for each Enemy Attacker on the Field) and Mechikabura (Special), who can increase your Power Level (not just Power of a single Card) by 15.000 (he can do this only twice per Match though), so winning the Power Level Phase is very easy too.

I'm not sure in which Gacha Packs those are, but you can check the List of each Pack, before pulling.
Another trick is to used the one-shot combo. UI Goku from UM1 or Berserk Goku, Grand Priest or Gine, an unit that lets your Super the first Round, Demon Goddess Towa who greatly increases CI for enemies with over 8000 Power Level (which will become standard outside of a few exceptions), Demon Goddess Putine who will slow your own CI, and the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta whose passive raise your Power Level by 1500 for every attack. I also got lucky and have a robot that lets me increases CI for my enemy in Round 1. Once setup is finished, you only have to win one CI and you can restart quickly if you mess up.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:13 am

Anyone have a good one shot team for rare gacha farming the secret battle in the Hero Stadium?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAs-hYa5Um0

I have a good team to one shot 70% of the time, but the other times the ci is too fast, even though I have a ci support character. I'm just looking for the best cheese team for this specific mission.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:05 am

SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:46 pm The main thing I would change for a sequel is being able to skip the fluff in the matches. Having to watch all the buffs going off before fighting, without being able to skip, is a little annoying. I'd like things to be able to move a little faster. Other quality of life stuff such as being able to see the items equipped on characters without having to go into a menu would be nice too. Otherwise I have no other complaints!
I wished this game had a retry button instead of a straight quick match. It's tedious to be booted all the way to the world map when you just want to retry match because you're going for winning all the CI.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:24 am

HeroR wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:05 am
SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:46 pm The main thing I would change for a sequel is being able to skip the fluff in the matches. Having to watch all the buffs going off before fighting, without being able to skip, is a little annoying. I'd like things to be able to move a little faster. Other quality of life stuff such as being able to see the items equipped on characters without having to go into a menu would be nice too. Otherwise I have no other complaints!
I wished this game had a retry button instead of a straight quick match. It's tedious to be booted all the way to the world map when you just want to retry match because you're going for winning all the CI.
Facts

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:51 am

SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:13 am Anyone have a good one shot team for rare gacha farming the secret battle in the Hero Stadium?:

I have a good team to one shot 70% of the time, but the other times the ci is too fast, even though I have a ci support character. I'm just looking for the best cheese team for this specific mission.
No guarantee on the Names of the Abilities, since I play this Game in German, but I try to translate as close as possible.

- Golden Coola (equip with "Super Saiyan Kaioken" which decreases his CI Speed, when a Super is available),
- SSJ Blue Vegete who boosts Power Level by 1500 for each Attacker (equip with something that recovers Team Stamina and decreases taken Damage of the Team by 25%, just in case the Enemy survives, it's called "Hero of Justices", I think),
- Evil Saiyajin (equip with something that gives Hero Energy +1 (+2 when Gokuu and/or Vegeta are on the Team), it's called "Hope for the Future" I believe),
- UMV1 MUI Gokuu (equip with the +1500 Power Level for each Attacker from SSJB Vegeta, called "The Blue Saiyan" I believe),
- Demon Goddess Putine who decreases entire Team's CI Speed when in the Support Area (equip with something that reduces up to 5 Hero Energy in Round 2, in case the Enemy survives and gets Hero Energy via Abilities in Round 1)
- Dark Masked King that gives +1 Hero Energy for each Attacker (equip with something that prevents the enemy to gather Hero Energy based on his Power Level, just in case the enemy survives Round 1, called "Ice Cold Stare" or something)
- Mechikabura (Special Card) who boosts the entire Power Level of the Team by 15.000

Other than that I equip all of them with anything that boosts their own Power as much as possible, even if it decreases HP and Defense. No custom Special Attacks or CAAs/TAAs.

Put all but Putine in the front row, while Putine sticks in the Support Area.
One Shots every time, because your entire Team can use Super Attacks in Round 1, Putine decreases all CI Speeds and Mechikabura, Vegeta and MUI Gokuu make sure you go first by winning the Power Level Phase, and MUI Gokuu is highly likely to be the one to finish the Enemy for sure...
The Enemy only surives when your first hit causes too much Damage and allows the enemy to use his Counter Rush (but when MUI Gokuu attacks after that he kills the enemy 99% of the time anyway) or when he puts Xeno Cell up front in Round 1 and your Cards are stupid enough to attack only him (because he reduces all Damage to 1000 or lower).

Anyway, that's what I'm using and it works 99% of the time. I hope I could help.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:55 am

Xaroc wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:31 pm I recommend putting Demon Godess Putine and Golden Coola on your Team and a Card that makes sure Coola can use his Super Attack. Strategy is: Coola can use his Ability that decreases his CI Gauge Speed big time, while Putine lurks in the Support Area. Her Ability is, if she is an Attacker, all Enemy Card's CI Speed is the fastest of all his Attacker Cards, if she is a Supporter, all your Card's CI Speed will be the slowest of all your Cards.

SSJmole wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:38 pm Some cards effect it too. Like a gohan (adult) one if he's support decreases ci speeds (I use this a lot ) , other can permanently remove changes to ci if computer is increasing.

Basically go deck builder and search > choose abilities > search by effect , Ci adjustments. Thus will list all you have and help.

Additionally the card of You , has an anazingly low ci spee. Even at higher levels.
Thank you both. I'll definitely try around with that! I always try to get the Ultra Finishes before I dare the next fight and mostly get stuck on the matches where I have to win every Clash. Sometimes I repeat fights more than a dozen times before I can finally continue.

I think it might be a good idea to prepare decks, specifically catering to the Ultra Finish conditions.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:16 am

Xaroc wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:51 am
SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:13 am Anyone have a good one shot team for rare gacha farming the secret battle in the Hero Stadium?:

No guarantee on the Names of the Abilities, since I play this Game in German, but I try to translate as close as possible.

- Golden Coola (equip with "Super Saiyan Kaioken" which decreases his CI Speed, when a Super is available),
- SSJ Blue Vegete who boosts Power Level by 1500 for each Attacker (equip with something that recovers Team Stamina and decreases taken Damage of the Team by 25%, just in case the Enemy survives, it's called "Hero of Justices", I think),
- Evil Saiyajin (equip with something that gives Hero Energy +1 (+2 when Gokuu and/or Vegeta are on the Team), it's called "Hope for the Future" I believe),
- UMV1 MUI Gokuu (equip with the +1500 Power Level for each Attacker from SSJB Vegeta, called "The Blue Saiyan" I believe),
- Demon Goddess Putine who decreases entire Team's CI Speed when in the Support Area (equip with something that reduces up to 5 Hero Energy in Round 2, in case the Enemy survives and gets Hero Energy via Abilities in Round 1)
- Dark Masked King that gives +1 Hero Energy for each Attacker (equip with something that prevents the enemy to gather Hero Energy based on his Power Level, just in case the enemy survives Round 1, called "Ice Cold Stare" or something)
- Mechikabura (Special Card) who boosts the entire Power Level of the Team by 15.000

Other than that I equip all of them with anything that boosts their own Power as much as possible, even if it decreases HP and Defense. No custom Special Attacks or CAAs/TAAs.

Put all but Putine in the front row, while Putine sticks in the Support Area.
One Shots every time, because your entire Team can use Super Attacks in Round 1, Putine decreases all CI Speeds and Mechikabura, Vegeta and MUI Gokuu make sure you go first by winning the Power Level Phase, and MUI Gokuu is highly likely to be the one to finish the Enemy for sure...
The Enemy only surives when your first hit causes too much Damage and allows the enemy to use his Counter Rush (but when MUI Gokuu attacks after that he kills the enemy 99% of the time anyway) or when he puts Xeno Cell up front in Round 1 and your Cards are stupid enough to attack only him (because he reduces all Damage to 1000 or lower).

Anyway, that's what I'm using and it works 99% of the time. I hope I could help.
Thanks! I'll test it out!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:21 pm

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 pm

HeroR wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:05 am I wished this game had a retry button instead of a straight quick match. It's tedious to be booted all the way to the world map when you just want to retry match because you're going for winning all the CI.
Now that I'm actively trying to deal with those CI requirements too, I couldn't agree more. The game is still really fun, but HOLY CRAP is this mind-numbingly frustrating to deal with.
Twitter