Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 am

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:39 am Well, Mooreish, I've got a challenge for you. Since you already know how we feel about the folks you seem to get news from... How about you bring us news and information that is NOT provided by either of these four people?

1) Nick Rekieta

2) ThatUmbrellaGuy

3) Supergirl11/Perfection/Black Itachi

4) SENPAiSHOME

Do you think you'll be able to do that? If not, nothing you post will hold any real weight to us, as we don't trust those four guys any further than we could throw them.
Hero hei and clownfish tv it is then.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:08 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 am
Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:39 am Well, Mooreish, I've got a challenge for you. Since you already know how we feel about the folks you seem to get news from... How about you bring us news and information that is NOT provided by either of these four people?

1) Nick Rekieta

2) ThatUmbrellaGuy

4) SENPAiSHOME

Do you think you'll be able to do that? If not, nothing you post will hold any real weight to us, as we don't trust those four guys any further than we could throw them.
Clownfish Tv are arguably worse. They pretend to be neutral, but are anything but.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:33 am

Shaddy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:55 am You actually can delete posts, I think only if yours is the most recent though? Something like that? I don't remember how it works.

EDIT: yeah this one has a delete button, but my last post didn't because there were others in front of it.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, it has a delete button.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:57 am

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:08 am Clownfish Tv are arguably worse. They pretend to be neutral, but are anything but.
Eh... Let's not move the goal posts, now. If he takes the challenge, I'll count that as a good thing.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:32 am

I honestly wish all Youtubers talking about this situation were banned in this thread. They are all bad as far as I am concerned. They are just in it to get clicks and views and for some with a large enough following to make money. Which is pretty sick if you think about it.

And if Beard can only talk about the situation on Nick R’s channel that is just one sided biased information.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:57 am

Kinokima wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:32 am And if Beard can only talk about the situation on Nick R’s channel that is just one sided biased information.
Yes, I would think Vic's own personal lawyer would be biased towards one side... lol

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:09 am

SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:57 am Yes, I would think Vic's own personal lawyer would be biased towards one side... lol
Which... is kinda why it's a bad idea to be putting too much stock into what they say. Lawyers, if I understand correctly, are literally PAID to see their clients as innocent, no matter what (or, at least, to give the best offense/defense they possibly can).

I mean, they're the butt of every honesty joke under the sun for a reason.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:19 am

Morning, everybody! How's the forum doing toda--

(lol jk this thread has been a garbage fire for months)

At this point you've gotta take the perpetual goldfish routine as a deliberate tactic. It's nothing but pointless trolling all the way down, and that's because these dudes have nothing else. Not to repeat myself, but.. it's not about helping anyone, it's not about the truth, it's just a stupid game to them. And real people have been hurt over this situation, but they don't seem to care.

The situation has been patiently explained time and again. The allegations, history, evidence, and testimonies have been shared repeatedly. And every day or so, the same people pop up with acting like they have no memory of any of it, and consistently refuse to listen to any of the victims or even learn enough about them to perceive them as real people. They've been very patiently, very kindly asked to look outside of their bias, and every time they ignore it or adamantly refuse. At some point they decided this what they want to be, so unfortunately it's probably pointless trying to reach them.

It's unfortunate. But if someone is willing to listen to random YouTubers (and ones who're very clearly egging on the "controversy" for their own profit) over anyone who's been directly impacted by the alleged assaults, that tells you everything you need to know about them.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:40 am

SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:57 am
Kinokima wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:32 am And if Beard can only talk about the situation on Nick R’s channel that is just one sided biased information.
Yes, I would think Vic's own personal lawyer would be biased towards one side... lol

Which means he is not a reliable informational source.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:43 am

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:09 am
SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:57 am Yes, I would think Vic's own personal lawyer would be biased towards one side... lol
Which... is kinda why it's a bad idea to be putting too much stock into what they say. Lawyers, if I understand correctly, are literally PAID to see their clients as innocent, no matter what (or, at least, to give the best offense/defense they possibly can).

Oh, I know. It's also very relevant since he's supposedly filing a lawsuit this week against multiple parties, one of them possibly being Funimation. It would be dumb to ignore him. That's why I find it ridiculous for some people who are basically saying to close our eyes and ears because of the channel he's being interviewed on.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:52 am

SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:43 am

Oh, I know. It's also very relevant since he's supposedly filing a lawsuit this week against multiple parties, one of them possibly being Funimation. It would be dumb to ignore him. That's why I find it ridiculous for some people who are basically saying to close our eyes and ears because of the channel he's being interviewed on.

I don’t see why you need to know ahead of time the people that possibly are being sued. If that is the only information you are getting it’s hardly shocking.
Since Vic hired a Lawyer that was always a possibility.

Instead this “information” is again to rile up internet nerds so they can verbally harass the people being sued with dumb phrases like “fear the beard”

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 am

Kinokima wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:52 am

I don’t see why you need to know ahead of time the people that possibly are being sued. If that is the only information you are getting it’s hardly relevant to this whole situation.

And since Vic hired a Lawyer that was always a possibility.

Instead this “information” is again to rile up internet nerds so they can verbally harass the people being sued with dumb phrases like “fear the beard”
Why are you on this thread if you don't want to hear the latest happenings of the Vic situation?

"If that is the only information you are getting it’s hardly relevant to this whole situation."

How is Vic's lawyer talking about his upcoming lawsuit "hardly relevant to this whole situation"? I really don't understand.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 am

Considering his entire job is trying to win cases and represent his client in the best possible light, regardless of what the actual truth may be... no, I don't think it'd be dumb to ignore him. It'd be smart to ignore anything he says outside of court, and to take everything he says with a mountain of salt and actively look into the counter-arguments to be able to form an educated opinion. Because all you'll get from him is biased "information" and propaganda. That's literally his job. You can't trust the lawyer from one "side" to be honest, so following his every word just amounts to indoctrination.

And always keep in mind that the platform he chooses to appear on is someone who regularly attacks and has even made not-too-veiled threats to the very same people who might be in a lawsuit against Mignogna, and spends his days riling up the hate mob on Twitter who've relentlessly harassed and threatened them as well. Almost like he's tacitly encouraging behaviour that could make those other parties and witnesses feel intimidated or afraid?

But if you think following every shred of information relating to... whatever is happening here... is so important, are you going to follow every potential statement, interview, and comment from the other "sides"? Are you listening to the other side of the argument now? Or is it just Mignogna's?

Besides which... where is the idea of them suing Funimation coming from? I don't know much about Texas employment laws, but my understanding is that Texas is an "at-will" state, and that employers can dismiss employees for pretty much any reason. As well, and I don't know any specific VA's situation, but my understanding is voice actors at Funimation are more freelancers than regular "employees", and I'm almost certain they're not in a union.
Last edited by Bryesque on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:09 am

Did someone seriously just mention the Jussie Smollett case again? How in the hell can anyone think that is in any way comparable?

JS reported that he was attacked. The police investigated his claim (a claim by one person, BTW). A couple days later, they found clear proof that he staged the whole thing. Story over.

Meanwhile, this latest round of accusations against Vic has been going on for almost 3 months, and the best 'evidence' that his defenders can come up with is 'This one person who has nothing to do with the case may or may not have done something mean to another person who had nothing to do with the case, therefore Vic is innocent'.

Don't you think that if there was any chance of him being completely innocent, his defenders would have at least found something more substantial by now? Or is a conspiracy made up of anime voice actors and teenage girls so super brilliant that they can outsmart corporations, lawyers, and everyone else looking into this, perfectly hiding all of the exonerating evidence to such a degree that all the Vic defenders can resort to is 'well Monica Rial tweeted some mean things once' or 'I watched Vic in a few videos and he seems like a nice guy to me'? :roll:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 am

Bryesque wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 am But if you think following every shred of information relating to... whatever is happening here... is so important, are you going to follow every potential statement, interview, and comment from the other "sides"? Are you listening to the other side of the argument now? Or is it just Mignogna's?
Of course, there's just no movement from them now. I think everything that has been said has been covered. They're being pretty quiet, whereas Vic is the one pursuing a lawsuit. We're getting weekly, maybe even daily updates from that side.
Bryesque wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 am Besides which... where is the idea of them suing Funimation coming from? I don't know much about Texam employment law, but my understanding is that Texas is an "at-will" state, and that employers can dismiss employees for pretty much any reason. As well, and I don't know any specific VA's situation, but my understanding is voice actors at Funimation are more freelancers than regular "employees", and I'm almost certain they're not in a union.
It sounds like they're going to sue Funimation for what's called "defamation per se" because of their tweets letting Vic go. In the same tweet thread, Funi said something about "not condoning harassment" which appeared to them to be implicating that Vic was guilty of harassment or something like that. They're not going after Rooster Teeth because they didn't make a tweet and were quiet about the whole thing.

What's really going to be interesting is when the lawsuits are filed they'll be able to get "discovery" which opens up all of the email and text conversations to see if there was conspiracy. It looks like that will be the only way Rooster Teeth could be brought into this mess. The public will be able to see them with redactions.

There's a lot more that I'm forgetting. The Funimation "internal" investigation is also talked about too. I guess Vic's lawyer was able to get it. Watch if interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg4EwiQWblk Edit: Vic's lawyer comes in at 6:20
Last edited by SaiyaSith on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:35 am

Dude, really? So you're going to ignore the years of evidence and not to mention the fact that his coworkers have spoken up and no one is defending him? In addition..."seems", there it is. You literally don't know him

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:49 am

ssj4 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:35 am Dude, really? So you're going to ignore the years of evidence and not to mention the fact that his coworkers have spoken up and no one is defending him? In addition..."seems", there it is. You literally don't know him
I don't know who you're talking to, but in the future press the quotation marks on the top right of the post you're replying to so they can get a notification and respond to you. Top right of the post, they look like this: "

DragonBallFan
Temporarily Banned

Post by DragonBallFan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:53 am

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:08 am
Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 am

1) Nick Rekieta

2) ThatUmbrellaGuy

4) SENPAiSHOME

Clownfish Tv are arguably worse. They pretend to be neutral, but are anything but.
Personally have an extreme distaste for ThatUmbrellaGuy, they basically throw around stupid insults and they don't help the side they are trying to support. It's so obvious they are latching on to this subject to get views.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:57 am

But again, what do you think you're going to get from Vic's lawyer? Some irrefutable evidence that totally proves ALL OF THE ACCUSATIONS, not just one, BUT ALL OF THEM ARE FAKE? I mean, we're talking about accusations dating back to the early 00s. I literally posted a link (and I'm sure others have done the same here) of the many accusations leveled against Vic. You can just type the dude's name in and you'll probably run into a forum post of someone detailing a very unpleasant experience with the man. And I will keep saying this, but the idea that for some people here it's far more believable to believe that hundreds of people formed together to trap this one innocent, "Christian" Man, than it is to believe that that man could actually be pretty shady is all types of fucked up.

There is no conspiracy. This is Vic on the defense. This is Vic knowing that his livelihood is at stake if he's branded a pariah, especially in a post-#MeToo world. So this is him trying to control the narrative. And if you honestly don't think a lawyer could be shrewd enough to use social media to craft this narrative that Mignogna is "the real victim--" man, must be great to be that naive.
Last edited by kemuri07 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:59 am

I would suggest no one click any YouTube videos on here. It is just giving clicks and views and money to bad people.

At the very least if someone links a video they should say who the video is from and exactly what topic the video is covering.