Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:16 pm

So I've been catching up recently as I didn't had time to do so before and... Impressive enough I kinda liked these few episodes.

Terrible fights aside, I'm most enjoying because its premise, even though is not being executed very well.

Cool to see that U6 is in conflict because these Baby-like creatures, but too bad the art staff is not creative enough to put a scenario other than the same ruined city with green sky from Future Trunks arc.

The signature techniques of these enemies are lame, I mean Smash and Crash Break, for realsies? Also they made Hit look dumb in order to present this duo as a real threat. It was a smart move to break free from Kale and Kefura bodies when Vegeta was about to kill them with the Final Flash.

I liked that Jiren even after ToP is still considered to be the strongest mortal in the Multiverse, Vegeta being frustrated by it is just gold... That's the route where Super should go, not just allow him and Goku to get the fame and outshine everyone else.

Zamasu return and having an ally that has a different goal than his is something that wouldn't mind to bring to the main series, in fact the whole Seed of the Universe is an amazing concept overrall.

The Grand Priest training Goku was kinda... Okay? I mean, yes it's cool, but at the same side is really random, but I liked his entrance and how he dealed with the enemies with ease.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:50 pm SSGSS is the most popular SS form and remains the mascot form of modern DB 4 years on.
:lol:

This is wrong in so many ways, I mean do you even have a basis for that besides on own opinion? The most popular SSJ transformation still remains to be the original golden colored one, if that wasn't the case, why even waste time having SSJ Goku, Vegeta, Broly and Gogeta on the recent movie?

theTUN wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:28 am This series is incredibly frustrating. Stuff like Jiren’s return or Goku training with the Grand Priest are really big deals that should be saved for Super itself, not a nonsensical promotional series.
Even though I like these stuff, I also agree with that... I mean it's a shame that cool concepts like U6 being in danger needing U7 to assist them, return of Jiren and many others are being used in a promotional material. It's makes unimaginable to think Super will revist those any sooner... Mostly probably a Broly arc and another freaking tournament :yawn:
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:46 pm Maybe I missed it, but was it explained how Vegeta and Trunks got to Universe 11?
The same way Whis got them to Universe 10 in the Future Trunks arc, actually I think travelling to other universes could be something less easier than presented on the series, even by a guy like Whis.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:15 pm

When will the next episode air?
P O W E R

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:15 pm When will the next episode air?
April 18.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:00 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:50 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:15 pm When will the next episode air?
April 18.
Awesome! Thank you for informing me!
P O W E R

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:45 am

Woohoo, two days remain! It is kinda weird that we didn't get much spoilers this time. At least I do not recall of any. Jutt by the Manga, you can't say that we will get ecerything in the anime.
P O W E R

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Do these episodes come out late in the day then or something compared to Dragon Ball Super? I don't see nothing on YouTube yet.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Bullza wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 pm Do these episodes come out late in the day then or something compared to Dragon Ball Super? I don't see nothing on YouTube yet.
It's only April 17th
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 pmIt's only April 17th
It's 11am April 18th in Japan though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:40 pm

It's out.

There's no way this arc ends in UM8, too many loose ends for that.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:43 pm

Whew, there isn't too much going on for the design for Kaminoren, I liked it. Except for the hair though. I haven't been liking the hairstyles of anyone so far, including Fu. C'mon Dimps, make some badass hairstyle.

Lagss finally makes her debut appearance, and she can defeat Ultra Instinct -Sign- Goku. How long until people start freaking out over nothing? :P Can't wait for the release of UM8 for more details and stuff.

Oh, the next episode is going to be released on the same day UM8 drops, nice!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:14 am

I logged in today for the first time in a while, and as luck would have it, the Heroes episode also aired!

I did enjoy the Introduction of that new female character and i thought her attack was cool. As usual, the art was nice (thanks Yammy for correcting Kitano!) and the music always makes me smile. The fusion design seemed a bit odd to me. However, it was simple and straight to the point. Nothing crazy.

I'm curious since Toppo is awake now if he will soon join in on the fight with Zamasu, who seems to have retained his Invincible body?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:59 am

Today's episode was a bit mediocre, one of the weakest for a while.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:11 am

I actually laughed aloud at some of the animation early on. The entire series is so lifeless.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:13 am

Shaddy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:11 am I actually laughed aloud at some of the animation early on. The entire series is so lifeless.
Yeah it is hard for me to sit through. Watching the Broli movie again (even with the green tint) and then this is night and day when it comes to both art and animation.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:54 am

I have to agree with most of you that this was a mediocre episode. However, thinking of SDBH's direction, I can still say that we are in the correct path. It is quite unfortunate that each episode is 8 minutes long (with the credit scenes and the opening) but what should we expect from a promotional anime?

Anyway, plot-wise we didn't get anything new and groundbreaking. Omen Goku harassed Oren and Kamin, resulting in the duo to fuse into Kaminoren. Kaminoren's design (not sure if it identifies and a male or female) was reminiscent of those new art style characters that we get nowadays, including that rogue Time Patroller, whose name I forgot and I believe that he should enter the fray at some point.

As for Zamasu's immortality, yes he is immortal. Jiren was never shown to power up a bit, so it is safe to assume that Zamasu is being all cocky with his immortality, but he will get beat down eventually. It is not right to say that he is challenging Jiren (but even if he does) we already know from the game that he stands no chance, EVEN IF he received help from Cumber and Hearts.

It was also finally the time to bring Vegeta (who for some reason became the new Cooler) back to action. After the Oren Vegeta thing, it wa expected for the Prince to get some revenge. I kinda enjoyed the fact that he was sure of himself and that Kaminoren didn't seem to impress him. To be honest, upon his transformation to Blue Evolution (which was very hasty, considering that the writers probably thought that Vegeta needed to get in the fray as quickly as possible) I would love to see a suprised Toppo looking at him or something. Vegeta cannot lose his fight.

As for Lagss, I think that I like her a lot. She seems such an interesting character in my opinion with unique powers. She isn't a brawler like Cumber or a bully like the Tuffles, or even a cocky god who thinks of himself as the "supreme" one due to his power. Which is why I totally think that it is ok for her to challenge Omen Goku. Not to mention that this way we also get to see that Omen Goku was very resilient against her, subsequently prooving his raw might and godly power. Yup, Lagss is now my favourite from the group, with Cumber being second perhaps on the same spot as Hearts, then Zamasu and lastly the twins with their fusion. #TeamLaggs woohooo :mrgreen:
P O W E R

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:58 am

A belated summary of Episode 10:

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:54 am

I like the new fusion and we finally get blue evolution vegeta :D
I hope to see trunks in action soon too.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:02 am

Maybe it's probably because I still have the last OPM episode in my head, but I think this is a fine episode.

It's good to see Vegeta again with Blue Evolution. Lagss looks good, Trunks is a dead weight (seriously, why he's here?) and I don't really care about Kamioren, AKA Pepsiman.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:09 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:54 amAs for Lagss, I think that I like her a lot. She seems such an interesting character in my opinion with unique powers.
Maybe I'm just forgetting the episode, but isn't all we've seen of her is... Showing up and throwing glass at Goku?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:59 am

Kanassa wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:09 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:54 amAs for Lagss, I think that I like her a lot. She seems such an interesting character in my opinion with unique powers.
Maybe I'm just forgetting the episode, but isn't all we've seen of her is... Showing up and throwing glass at Goku?
Well, technically yes, but that shouldn't make us refrain from imagining what kind of exotic powers she may have. Heroes itself isn't the correct anime to showcase that, as the attacks used normal and plain simple. "Crash Break" for example....
P O W E R