Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:00 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:33 pm Image
Finally. Something new other than people trash talking each other without proof.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:05 am
SaiyaSith wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:00 am I don't know anything bro, I'm just an observer like everyone else. But I think we're going to learn a lot soon.
Well I should certainly hope so. Remember, this money isn't coming out of Vic's own pocket. This is all being done with money the FANS gave him!

Just imagine; $200,000 being given, only for the papers to NOT be filed... again... and again... and again... and again :P .
They were filed. The first round of lawsuits are:

Funimation
Jamie Marchi
Monica Rial
Ron Toye

Credit: https://twitter.com/NickRekieta/status/ ... 3103824896

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:06 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:00 pm Finally. Something new other than people trash talking each other without proof.
There has always been proof. Every time you've jumped in here with this bullshit someone has reminded you of that. How long are you going to keep conveniently forgetting?
Last edited by Shaddy on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Can't wait to see what Vic is asking for. Notice he's trying to sue Funimation and not roosterteeth even though the same scenario happened.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:02 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:05 am
SaiyaSith wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:00 am I don't know anything bro, I'm just an observer like everyone else. But I think we're going to learn a lot soon.
Well I should certainly hope so. Remember, this money isn't coming out of Vic's own pocket. This is all being done with money the FANS gave him!

Just imagine; $200,000 being given, only for the papers to NOT be filed... again... and again... and again... and again :P .
They were filed. The first round of lawsuits are:

Funimation
Jamie Marchi
Monica Rial
Ron Toye

Credit: https://twitter.com/NickRekieta/status/ ... 3103824896
Are they seriously doing this?

Like, really? What possible case do they have here?

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 pm Are they seriously doing this?

Skimming through the original petition, the claims so far appear to be: Defamation, Tortious Interference with Existing Contracts, Tortious Interference with Prospective Business Relations, Civil Conspiracy, and Vicarious Liability.

If memory serves, all had been theorized by Nick Rekieta except for the last. Coincidentally, he will be going over the available documents tonight on his stream and will have Mignogna's attorney, Ty Beard, on as well.

If you don't feel like watching, you can pay for access to the documents and read through them yourself.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:54 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Skimming through the original petition, the claims so far appear to be: Defamation, Tortious Interference with Existing Contracts, Tortious Interference with Prospective Business Relations, Civil Conspiracy, and Vicarious Liability.

If memory serves, all had been theorized by Nick Rekieta except for the last. Coincidentally, he will be going over the available documents tonight on his stream and will have Mignogna's attorney, Ty Beard, on as well.

If you don't feel like watching, you can pay for access to the documents and read through them yourself.
I'll save my money/time/sanity, thanks.

This'll get laughed out of court.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:54 pm
AgitoZ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 pm

I'll save my money/time/sanity, thanks.

You never know with the courts...

Though I don't see Vic getting much out of this, there is always the possibility he'll get something.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:07 pm

gokaiblue wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 pm
AgitoZ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:33 pm Image
Welp, looks like something is going down.
We’re in the endgame now

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:16 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:54 pm I'll save my money/time/sanity, thanks.

Though I don't see Vic getting much out of this, there is always the possibility he'll get something.
Sadly correct. Maybe this will get taken care of out of court, but I wouldn't put it past a court to actually entertain it for at least a second too.

That said though, the only thing I can see Vic getting out of this, at all, is money. His reputation is damaged, no matter what happens. There's no getting it back. No court can force him to be re-hired for roles by any company that cut him loose. The only thing he's achieving at this point is watching everything around him burn and potentially getting cash out of it. Honestly, even if one thought he was innocent of some of the other crimes he's accused of, you'd think at least his admitting cheating on his fiance and this sheer disregard for any sort of decorum (ie forcing his way back into Kamehacon) would sour at least some more people on him...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:16 pm
JazzMazz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:54 pm I'll save my money/time/sanity, thanks.

Sadly correct. Maybe this will get taken care of out of court, but I wouldn't put it past a court to actually entertain it for at least a second too.

That said though, the only thing I can see Vic getting out of this, at all, is money. His reputation is damaged, no matter what happens. There's no getting it back. No court can force him to be re-hired for roles by any company that cut him loose. The only thing he's achieving at this point is watching everything around him burn and potentially getting cash out of it. Honestly, even if one thought he was innocent of some of the other crimes he's accused of, you'd think at least his admitting cheating on his fiance and this sheer disregard for any sort of decorum (ie forcing his way back into Kamehacon) would sour at least some more people on him...

His anti-SJW fanboys love him. You should see them harassing those involved over this.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 pm

Well, at least this'll be out of the hands of Youtubers now.

I mean, if they start openly trying to influence the lawsuit, isn't that contempt of court?
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:27 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 pm Well, at least this'll be out of the hands of Youtubers now.

I mean, if they start openly trying to influence the lawsuit, isn't that contempt of court?
No, and if anything it gives youtubers more content. Now they can cover "discovery".

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:30 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 pm Well, at least this'll be out of the hands of Youtubers now.

They wouldn't see the irony of that given the listed charges.

KamehaCon explicitly said that nobody influenced their decisions and Funimation said they evaluated everything on their own. Unless they're lying and Monica Rial has some kind of mega dirt on both companies or some ridiculous conspiracy shit, then all that's happened is that Vic has been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple people and that, by itself, has caused him his financial woes.

This is like Bill Cosby trying to lay those charges against all the women that accused him of rape, thereby robbing him and his estate of most of his financial prospects for the rest of his life and onward. That would never, ever, ever happen.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:30 pm

They wouldn't see the irony of that given the listed charges.

KamehaCon explicitly said that nobody influenced their decisions and Funimation said they evaluated everything on their own. Unless they're lying and Monica Rial has some kind of mega dirt on both companies or some ridiculous conspiracy shit, then all that's happened is that Vic has been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple people and that, by itself, has caused him his financial woes.

This is like Bill Cosby trying to lay those charges against all the women that accused him of rape, thereby robbing him and his estate of most of his financial prospects for the rest of his life and onward. That would never, ever, ever happen.

While the stuff against Vic is of course not as bad as Cosby. Cosby also sued women who accused him of defamation in the past

Also many women did not go to the Police or file a report against Cosby .

Many fans of Cosby also claimed they were lying

Cosby also claimed certain allegations by women were consensual.

It’s funny how similar the stories are

So yeah as proven by Cosby trying to sue your accusers does not mean you aren’t guilty.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:43 pm

For reference, at what panel exactly did Vic hold that panel where he addressed his behaviour at conventions and the such?

While I've heard of it, I don't think anyone has given a date or location to it from memory.

Thanks.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:44 pm

What I'm saying is no judge except for the shittiest, shittiest kind of human being would ever convict someone of defamation and tortious interference for making an unproven sexual assault allegation unless it was explicitly proven to be false.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:54 pm

If there’s one bit of relief I can get from the fact that they’re seriously going to court over this, it’s that it will hopefully be able to provide closure to this whole ordeal. I don’t know if this whole “#KickVic/StandWithVic” thing is an indication that anime is becoming more mainstream outside of Japan and Latin America, but it’s crazy that the booting of anime voice actor caused this much of an outcry, especially since a good chunk of his defenders are under the impression that he’s being targeted for being a white Christian man, (even though from what I’ve heard, the voice of Vados is also a devout Christian).

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:01 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:54 pm If there’s one bit of relief I can get from the fact that they’re seriously going to court over this, it’s that it will hopefully be able to provide closure to this whole ordeal. I don’t know if this whole “#KickVic/StandWithVic” thing is an indication that anime is becoming more mainstream outside of Japan and Latin America, but it’s crazy that the booting of anime voice actor caused this much of an outcry, especially since a good chunk of his defenders are under the impression that he’s being targeted for being a white Christian man, (even though from what I’ve heard, the voice of Vados is also a devout Christian).
Does she hold Christian panels?

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:07 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:44 pm What I'm saying is no judge except for the shittiest, shittiest kind of human being would ever convict someone of defamation and tortious interference for making an unproven sexual assault allegation unless it was explicitly proven to be false.
It's the USA and Vic is the one suing. The defendant has to prove that sexual assault happened. I think I read that in Texas, sexual assault is considered to be the assault of sexual organs. I don't think anyone claimed sexual assault, but I could be wrong. It's been awhile since the VAs first addressed this.