"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 am

Lionel wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:58 pm
Kinokima wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:27 pm People wanting Buu to play a role in this arc well it looks like you got your wish

https://twitter.com/suisoukiraki/status ... 57216?s=21

More on the twitter feed.

Also barefoot Goku and Vegeta. Well they showed barefoot Goku last chapter but not Vegeta. I’m happy. It’s the little things that count.

https://twitter.com/suisoukiraki/status ... 49152?s=21

Edit: Looks like I was wrong already so I’ll just let the images speak for themselves
I'm wondering how they intend to go about substantiating Buu's role in this. The intention of the Galactic Patrol was to somehow extract Dai Kaioshin from Buu, correct? We know Buu is a magical creature with unique abilities that set him apart from others. Problem is, we've seen him fight before against Kid Buu and Beerus. If these abilities could have tipped the scales in his favour then why did the outcome of those fights see him being incapacitated? It's kind of up in the air at this moment.
You bring up some good points. Of course I would imagine Buu doesn’t ultimately beat Moro (at least not yet). It seems a bit too early and easy so to speak

Also Vegeta’s past does indeed get mentioned. It seems Vegeta tells the Elder he slaughtered Namekians in the past. The Elder says Namekians don’t hold onto hatred and resentment. And then Vegeta tells Goku if he survives please wish back the Planet. Perhaps Vegeta got off too easily here but I am glad he mentioned what he did. I’d still like something much more than this because I’m greedy. But beggars can’t be choosers I guess.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:41 am

So, Vegeta gets off with a slap on the wrist and this isn't gonna further anything past just reminding us that Vegeta is atoning?
Kinokima wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 amAnd then Vegeta tells Goku if he survives please wish back the Planet.
What, did Namek get blown up again?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:43 am

Kanassa wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:41 amWhat, did Namek get blown up again?
I think he's talking about bringing back the Namakians Moro has killed and fixing the damage done to the planet during their fight.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:48 am

sintzu wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:43 am
I think he's talking about bringing back the Namakians Moro has killed and fixing the damage done to the planet during their fight.
Wishing back landscape damage just seems... Weird...

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:32 am

So how come Moro can recognize the Dai Kaioshen inside, or rather what I mean is how far fused are Boo and Dai Kaioshen? Does Boo have his memories as well?

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:01 am

Son Dragon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:32 am So how come Moro can recognize the Dai Kaioshen inside, or rather what I mean is how far fused are Boo and Dai Kaioshen? Does Boo have his memories as well?
Boo mentions that he sealed Moro before, so he has his memories

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:34 am

Power levels...

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:28 am

Made a couple of mistakes in the page leak translations. In my first translation post, Moro said Daikaioshin (Grand Supreme Kai) instead of Daishinkan (Grand Priest), though my later translations have Daikaioshin. Second mistake, in one of the pages Goku says "Can't you tell the others who're still alive to escape from the villages? At this rate, everyone's just gonna die in vain!" instead of it being Goku and the village head (or whoever the Namekian is, not really sure of his status). Thanks Cipher for catching the latter.

I have this bad habit of sometimes speed-reading through stuff. I'll be more careful next time in the future... (will also double-check my SDBH translations just to be sure.)
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:58 am

Kanassa wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:48 am
He also stole energy from the planet itself. That's probably more severe than superficial surface collateral.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:13 am

This chapter was awesome! Toyotaro really surprised me with this chapter art and panel wise. Boo is actually useful, holy cow!

Piccolo_Daima
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Piccolo_Daima » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:15 am

After reading the chapter 47, it seems like Piccolo will go to Namek. They're building it

Piccolo vs Moro is coming!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:20 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:58 am
Kanassa wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:48 am

He also stole energy from the planet itself. That's probably more severe than superficial surface collateral.
And Goku has done the same to many planets with no damage being talked about, unless we're gonna find out that Frieza was a convenient scapegoat and Goku was the one who accidentally destroyed Namek.

Kanassa wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:23 am

Xeztin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:13 amThis chapter was awesome! Toyotaro really surprised me with this chapter art and panel wise. Boo is actually useful, holy cow!
It's about time. I honestly won't be upset if Buu took him down as it seems like Moro has no way out. Knowing DB though, no final fight is ever that easy.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:31 am

Chapter was a pleasant surprise and I liked it.

Don't know what to make of them deciding to take Moro head-on. Would've loved if they decided to try a more reasonable tactic first , maybe something like Vegeta on Namek arc type hide and seek, but oh well.

Boo had a nice fight and him not losing ki is neat. Maybe it has something to do with him being a demon? Or immortal?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:32 am

Really enjoyed the chapter. We expected that the memories of the Dai Kaioshin had to be accessed by Fat Buu, rather than physically extracting him. This is because we knew that Fat Buu has to exist in the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. I'm sure powerscaling communities will be a bit irritated as to why Fat Buu is beating up Moro and why SSB Vegeta could not. However, Vegeta and Goku's energies were being constantly drained so they never even had a chance. In addition, Buu's regeneration allows him to keep fighting which gives him a huge advantage against Moro. I also like how Merus isn't totally useless. Mortals can use weapons that work on really powerful opponents. This is the kind of writing and strategy that I wanted since the advent of DBS, not just power creep. Of course, I don't think it will be this easy. Moro will still have a few tricks up his sleeve.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:55 am

People were asking for Piccolo and even he made an appearance.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:05 pm

shadowfox87 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:32 am Really enjoyed the chapter. We expected that the memories of the Dai Kaioshin had to be accessed by Fat Buu, rather than physically extracting him. This is because we knew that Fat Buu has to exist in the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. I'm sure powerscaling communities will be a bit irritated as to why Fat Buu is beating up Moro and why SSB Vegeta could not. However, Vegeta and Goku's energies were being constantly drained so they never even had a chance. In addition, Buu's regeneration allows him to keep fighting which gives him a huge advantage against Moro. I also like how Merus isn't totally useless. Mortals can use weapons that work on really powerful opponents. This is the kind of writing and strategy that I wanted since the advent of DBS, not just power creep. Of course, I don't think it will be this easy. Moro will still have a few tricks up his sleeve.
    Not to mention that Vegeta said that although the Moro had absorbed the energy of Namekusei and the inhabitants, the power of the SSB was still much greater than his. Although Moro is very strong, apparently Boo can withstand his magical attacks

AnimeNation101
    I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:12 pm

So Vegeta’s gonna die. Um, Moro will somehow still get the DBs and make his wish. One of them being to regain his full magical power. Maybe wish to be in his prime. He gets 3 wishes. I dont really know if he’s actually gonna give the a wish to the Freeza soldier. 50/50 chance for whether or not he’ll absorb Porunga. Hope Moro leaves New Namek after that because I'm kinda tired of looking at it already.
    I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

louisascommie
    Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:14 pm

Buu did get stronger post beerus training just never got a chance to use it, besides 1 anime only fight.

And buu is weird so how strong does he get from training no one knows

I think moro will escape and quickly use the dragon balls then beat buy in a 2nd fight

Buu will play a role in more's defeat he will either after losing did some internal training and coming to peace with his two halves of buy and the supreme kia
    And then get the power to best moro in a fight

Or more likely and more disappointing just counteract the magic so whoever does defeat moro can do it without worrying about the energy frain.

Noitsnothim
    Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:14 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:05 pm
      shadowfox87 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:32 am Really enjoyed the chapter. We expected that the memories of the Dai Kaioshin had to be accessed by Fat Buu, rather than physically extracting him. This is because we knew that Fat Buu has to exist in the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. I'm sure powerscaling communities will be a bit irritated as to why Fat Buu is beating up Moro and why SSB Vegeta could not. However, Vegeta and Goku's energies were being constantly drained so they never even had a chance. In addition, Buu's regeneration allows him to keep fighting which gives him a huge advantage against Moro. I also like how Merus isn't totally useless. Mortals can use weapons that work on really powerful opponents. This is the kind of writing and strategy that I wanted since the advent of DBS, not just power creep. Of course, I don't think it will be this easy. Moro will still have a few tricks up his sleeve.
      Not to mention that Vegeta said that although the Moro had absorbed the energy of Namekusei and the inhabitants, the power of the SSB was still much greater than his. Although Moro is very strong, apparently Boo can withstand his magical attacks
      Daikaioshin's powers must be acting as a temporal shield around boo's body and that's how he fending off of him but I believe Moro will use his magic and rekt Boo in either the next chapter 48 or 49