Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:45 pm

A shame this movie didn't get an IMAX release here.
I never watched a movie like that and I was expecting to take this chance to kill two birds with one stone.

The movie by itself is already an visual spectacle, I can't really imagine how much more enjoyable those battle scenes would be like that.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:10 am

The movie was a financial success at the theaters so does it mean they'll release it on Blu-ray?

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:42 am

Box office: € 137068,84
Spectators: 25303

It's in the top 40 of most watched movies of 2019.

Honestly, I'm not very confident that we're getting a Blu-ray release, but stranger things have happened...

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:17 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:10 am The movie was a financial success at the theaters so does it mean they'll release it on Blu-ray?
Honestly, I doubt it very much. Portugal has way bigger chances of getting a simuldub of the Super sequel like France and Italy than getting a blu-ray of Broly, the Broly dub we'll live on TV and probably Netflix.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:56 pm

This makes me curious to see how good Miguel Raposo is as Goku. Every review about the EU. portuguese dub said that Miguel did the role very well.

And I need to ask: is there any info of who will be the new Vegeta for the final episodes of Super? Since João Loy is not in the cast anymore...
And I'm curious not only about Vegeta, but also about the other 30 characters he did in Super (Dyspo, Piccolo, Pilaf, Belmond, etc).

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:30 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:56 pm This makes me curious to see how good Miguel Raposo is as Goku. Every review about the EU. portuguese dub said that Miguel did the role very well.
From what I've heard some people were waiting for the movie to get out of theatres to publish the dub online and since it's only on 5 screens now I'm sure very soon you'll get to see Miguel Raposo's Goku.
SaintEvolution wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:56 pmAnd I need to ask: is there any info of who will be the new Vegeta for the final episodes of Super? Since João Loy is not in the cast anymore...
And I'm curious not only about Vegeta, but also about the other 30 characters he did in Super (Dyspo, Piccolo, Pilaf, Belmond, etc).
Actually no, the castings have happened and the episodes have probably already been dubbed but there's no info about the new Vegeta, I only know that one of the actors that went to the castings was Alexandre Maia (also know in the portuguese e-sports community as "Archar0m") so there's a chance he'll be Vegeta. As for the rest there's no info, all we can count on is that they won't all go to the same voice actor since the dub finally has a director.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:06 am

Very pleased with the new Portuguese Goku he already sounds miles ahead of the old one, though Feist did a really good job, I admit.
SaintEvolution wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:56 pm Every review about the EU. portuguese
Seems you're interchanging European and EU as if it means the same when it doesn't. "EU" is in regards to the European Union organization so while Portugal is currently part of the EU, the EU doesn't own the Portuguese language.

Besides, if that's how you try to clarify which Portuguese you refer to, there is Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese. Without the Portuguese there'd never have been Brazilian Portuguese as the Portuguese colonized Brazil. Still, the two languages do share similarities but the accents, slangs and definitions vary a lot.

For example, Brazilian Portuguese the word "rapariga" means slut whereas in Portuguese it just means girl. Another example, in Brazilian Portuguese they say the word dubbed as "dublagem" while the Portuguese say "dobragem", I'd say the Brazilians borrowed and changed it up from the Spanish word ("doblaje").

Anyway, did I take offense to the use of "EU Portuguese", I suppose so. I hold my native language dearly.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:47 am

I'm glad I never said EU Portuguese
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:16 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:06 amSeems you're interchanging European and EU as if it means the same when it doesn't. "EU" is in regards to the European Union organization so while Portugal is currently part of the EU, the EU doesn't own the Portuguese language.
No need to make a drama out of nothing.

EU doesn't necessarily refer to European Union. In many situations, including regarding languages and dialects, EU is short for European. EU PT is european portuguese, just like BR PT is brazillian portuguese. There's nothing offensive about his comment.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:37 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:06 am Very pleased with the new Portuguese Goku he already sounds miles ahead of the old one, though Feist did a really good job, I admit.
SaintEvolution wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:56 pm Every review about the EU. portuguese
Seems you're interchanging European and EU as if it means the same when it doesn't. "EU" is in regards to the European Union organization so while Portugal is currently part of the EU, the EU doesn't own the Portuguese language.

Besides, if that's how you try to clarify which Portuguese you refer to, there is Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese. Without the Portuguese there'd never have been Brazilian Portuguese as the Portuguese colonized Brazil. Still, the two languages do share similarities but the accents, slangs and definitions vary a lot.

For example, Brazilian Portuguese the word "rapariga" means slut whereas in Portuguese it just means girl. Another example, in Brazilian Portuguese they say the word dubbed as "dublagem" while the Portuguese say "dobragem", I'd say the Brazilians borrowed and changed it up from the Spanish word ("doblaje").

Anyway, did I take offense to the use of "EU Portuguese", I suppose so. I hold my native language dearly.
I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention. I just used "EU" as an abreviation of "european", as Luso Saiyan stated.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:14 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:16 amNo need to make a drama out of nothing.

EU doesn't necessarily refer to European Union. In many situations, including regarding languages and dialects, EU is short for European. EU PT is european portuguese, just like BR PT is brazillian portuguese. There's nothing offensive about his comment.
Rarely is that the case. Normally, the term 'EU' is always applied in reference to the European Union and that's clear as day since they make it well aware of how great the EU is but I digress. I don't want to turn this unnecessarily into politics even though the term 'EU' was brought up by someone else.

Also, "EU short for Europeans"? Not really. You might be thinking of "EU Citizens" which is different.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:37 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:14 pmAlso, "EU short for Europeans"? Not really. You might be thinking of "EU Citizens" which is different.
No, EU is short for Europe, and by extension europeans, in the context that was used here: that of languages or dialects. This was true, is true and has been true way before there was an European Union.

PT-EU - European Portuguese
PT-BR - Brazillian Portugese
PT-AO - Angolan Portuguese
PT-MZ - Mozanbiquan Portuguese

Etc, etc...

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:41 pm

And some unexpected news come out of nowhere!

WE'RE GETTING A PHYSICAL RELEASE FOR BROLY!!!

Unfortunately it's DVD only but it's better than nothing.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri May 03, 2019 2:44 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:41 pm And some unexpected news come out of nowhere!

Dub only or subs too?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:46 pm

omegalucas wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:44 pm
Gafonso6 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:41 pm And some unexpected news come out of nowhere!

Dub only or subs too?
No idea but I'd say it's a pretty safe bet to say subs too since the sub was also in most theatres.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Fri May 03, 2019 3:11 pm

Damn really wanted HD with the Blu Ray but oh well better than nothing

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri May 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Yeah, I would probably buy this right away if it was on Blu-ray.

Still, I might get the DVD later on, when the price is lower.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri May 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Couldn't we try and pressure them to release a Blu-ray edition? It worked for the sub release on cinemas.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:04 pm

omegalucas wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:59 pm Couldn't we try and pressure them to release a Blu-ray edition? It worked for the sub release on cinemas.
I doubt it. I never expected a Blu-ray release adn even a DVD release I always thought was only a small chance, blu-rays are expensive to make and the portuguese market clearly never gave into the Blu-ray madness in the animation front.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri May 03, 2019 4:10 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:04 pm
omegalucas wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:59 pm Couldn't we try and pressure them to release a Blu-ray edition? It worked for the sub release on cinemas.
I doubt it. I never expected a Blu-ray release adn even a DVD release I always thought was only a small chance, blu-rays are expensive to make and the portuguese market clearly never gave into the Blu-ray madness in the animation front.
Never gave into the Blu-Ray madness at all, really.