Would Training With Daishinkan Produce The Best Results For Fighters?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would Training With Daishinkan Produce The Best Results For Fighters?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 pm

Say BoDB Kid Goku trained with Daishinkan for a month or two as opposed to his decades of training with less powerful/efficient teachers, would Kid Goku improve over where he is now if trained by the assumingly wisest & strongest master in the cosmos?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Would Training With Daishinkan Produce The Best Results For Fighters?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:44 pm

theherodjl wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 pm Say BoDB Kid Goku trained with Daishinkan for a month or two as opposed to his decades of training with less powerful/efficient teachers, would Kid Goku improve over where he is now if trained by the assumingly wisest & strongest master in the cosmos?
He would probably die from the training in under a second.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:41 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:44 pmHe would probably die from the training in under a second.
Why would he die? Daishinkan would not be fighting him but training him, Goku even as a kid is also quite tough in comparison to the average inhabitant of Earth.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:00 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:41 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:44 pmHe would probably die from the training in under a second.
Why would he die? Daishinkan would not be fighting him but training him, Goku even as a kid is also quite tough in comparison to the average inhabitant of Earth.
He probably has no context for training someone that weak. His simplest exercise would probably be deadly to anyone below 4th form Freeza lavel.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:00 pmHe probably has no context for training someone that weak. His simplest exercise would probably be deadly to anyone below 4th form Freeza lavel.
Why's that? Its not like Daishinkan would make his students jump into 1 million times Earth's gravity or do 1 trillion sit ups as a warm up. He is the wisest teacher in existence so he'd likely make a regiment that wouldn't kill his students.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 02, 2019 7:53 pm

theherodjl wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:52 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:00 pmHe probably has no context for training someone that weak. His simplest exercise would probably be deadly to anyone below 4th form Freeza lavel.
Why's that? Its not like Daishinkan would make his students jump into 1 million times Earth's gravity or do 1 trillion sit ups as a warm up. He is the wisest teacher in existence so he'd likely make a regiment that wouldn't kill his students.
I doubt he's trained anyone that weak before though. He wouldn't know what would be too much.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:53 pmI doubt he's trained anyone that weak before though. He wouldn't know what would be too much.
You can't forget the fact that Daishinkan's children have not always been as strong as they are currently. Whis has confirmed that he has not been trained by another(his sister at the very least) in 1,000 years. There could have been a time long ago where Whis was at only a fraction of what he is now and that Daishinkan's training vastly improved him as well as his siblings.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 02, 2019 11:13 pm

Yeah, but I'd figure that even at birth, the angels were incredibly strong.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:06 am

To be honest I doubt that anything would happen. If anything, Goku would probably learn about UI's existence much earlier and even if he was able to learn the ability (not assume the forms) his life would have been easier. But nowhere near as mastering or completing it.

Also, even at their birth, Angels should be 3rd Ultra Instinct Omen Goku level, perhaps above any GoD.
P O W E R

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Fri May 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:53 pm
theherodjl wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:52 pm
I doubt he's trained anyone that weak before though. He wouldn't know what would be too much.
the daishinkan not knowing such a simple thing?
pretty sure he can sense whatever being stands before him.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Tue May 07, 2019 11:11 am

This question is akin to asking "Would the absolute best Professor of Mathematics in existence be better at teaching maths to a grade 1 pupil than a good elementary-school teacher?". Would it really make any difference if a kid is taught that 6÷2=3 from the elementary school teacher or the best Professor of Mathematics in existence?

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Tue May 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Speedster wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:11 am This question is akin to asking "Would the absolute best Professor of Mathematics in existence be better at teaching maths to a grade 1 pupil than a good elementary-school teacher?". Would it really make any difference if a kid is taught that 6÷2=3 from the elementary school teacher or the best Professor of Mathematics in existence?
Just remember that the "Best Mathematician" isn't the same as "The Best Math Teacher". Roshi is as good a master as one could get, and Goku attaining MnG proves it.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue May 07, 2019 10:20 pm

Speedster wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:11 am This question is akin to asking "Would the absolute best Professor of Mathematics in existence be better at teaching maths to a grade 1 pupil than a good elementary-school teacher?". Would it really make any difference if a kid is taught that 6÷2=3 from the elementary school teacher or the best Professor of Mathematics in existence?
Its not an accurate analogy since it implies that whatever Daishinkan can teach Goku, Roshi can teach equally good or even a smidge better. Daishinkan has lived for countless years and knows countless techniques & training that have existed long before Roshi was born. The analogy would be more akin to a student from the same class getting the gist of math a bit more than another student and trying to help them with their work while they continue to figure it out. Meanwhile, the teacher can just come over and explain it well enough for both students to understand.