"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by louisascommie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:35 pm

the last possible announcment time for the 30th is 11 pm

And that correlated to 10 am tommorow on the east coast

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:32 pm

Kinokima wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 pm
PFM18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:17 pm Hol up, give it about 40 minutes to wait and see if DBS gets announced for a return for today.
.....and it's been over 40 minutes right?
Not holding my breath that we are getting an announcement. I hope I am wrong though.

Almost all the 30th Anniversary stuff seems to be coming from the West. Japan could care less it seems.
Well, disregard my 40 min stuff. The ship has actually sailed for an announcement (today) when its time for the JP to go to sleep.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Derf

Post by Derf » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:32 pm
Kinokima wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 pm
PFM18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 pm

.....and it's been over 40 minutes right?
Not holding my breath that we are getting an announcement. I hope I am wrong though.

Almost all the 30th Anniversary stuff seems to be coming from the West. Japan could care less it seems.
Well, disregard my 40 min stuff. The ship has actually sailed for an announcement (today) when its time for the JP to go to sleep.
It’s only 11:45 AM in Japan right now - DBS 2015 wasn’t announced until 6:30 PM their time.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 am

Don't they usually have announcements for announcements these days? Basically, they would've mentioned something already.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:59 am

Michsi wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 am Don't they usually have announcements for announcements these days? Basically, they would've mentioned something already.
They didn't for the original Super but that was 4 years ago.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:29 am

sintzu wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:59 am
Michsi wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 am Don't they usually have announcements for announcements these days? Basically, they would've mentioned something already.
They didn't for the original Super but that was 4 years ago.
That's what I mean. The Broly movie announcement had a teaser, same as every game and game update now. Remember the "something legendary is coming" tweet?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:01 am

Well, nothing happened on the 26th, that's for sure. (It is now the 27th in Japan.) I guess the next move is just to push expectations back to early May? And then to late May, and then to early June... Maybe it's better to just wait instead of constantly trying to predict an announcement date and continually getting it wrong. Or maybe I'm just getting kinda skeptical about this all.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:05 am

So where is the announcement?

You're not trying to say that guru geekdom was WRONG? :lol:
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:07 am

Wasn't there a guy on twitter who said something about Super happening on the 26th or 27th? I forgot the name, yookuproductions or something?

At this point I feel like people are just pulling random months out of their bums.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Guys, let's not get ahead of ourselves yet. Notice how neither Toei's USA Twitter, Funi's Twitter, nor the official Dragon Ball Z Twitter account have made any posts about the actual anniversary day yet. Give it time; in America, it has only reached noon and America's still in April 26th.

Give it time. I am pretty sure there's something coming soon in a few hours.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:43 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:04 pm Guys, let's not get ahead of ourselves yet. Notice how neither Toei's USA Twitter, Funi's Twitter, nor the official Dragon Ball Z Twitter account have made any posts about the actual anniversary day yet. Give it time; in America, it has only reached noon and America's still in April 26th.

Give it time. I am pretty sure there's something coming soon in a few hours.
Why would they reveal something here when there was nothing for Japan?

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:05 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:05 am So where is the announcement?

Apparently people are "pushing" the date further to September or October on Twitter, as a "just in case" there's nothing announced for July. It's like I said in an earlier post that if the show is in fact coming in July as all the "big Dragon Ball YouTube guys" have said, the most likely time to announce it for a July release is Golden Week or as someone else has pointed out Goku Day which is May 9th. If there are no announcements by May 9th we will not in fact have a July release for the show. Again if the show is coming in July it's going to have to be announced between now and May 9th.

Now this is my own personal opinion but I believe that the show will be coming around April 2020, that's my own opinion of course but I think so. [edit] I want to add that I believe this because Toriyama is working on something and I think when we start to see that work is when we'll hear an announcement for the show to return. A part of me also believes that we may get another film this year but I don't know this is pure speculation.
Last edited by SaiyanTarzan on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:10 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:05 pm

Apparently people are "pushing" the date further to September or October on Twitter, as a "just in case" there's nothing announced for July.
This is absolutely unacceptable.

Have you ever played a multiple choice game and had the unfortunate luck of dealing with this one jagoff that got the answer wrong and just kept guessing each choice until they got it right? That's pretty much this exact situation.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Geekdom is just telling us what certain people tell him. It being right or wrong is completely out of his hands. In terms of an announcement, at this point it could be any day of the year or even next year. We've been hearing things since last December but still nothing so who knows.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:14 pm

sintzu wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Geekdom is just telling us what certain people tell him.
I'm trying to believe both him and Ajay actually have sources but I just don't see it. The only thing keeping me from calling both of them liars is Toei's (U.S) recent tease and the fact that Kitaro moved from Super's spot.

I'm not too sure about yonkouproductions though. To my knowledge, he's been wrong quite a lot. His vague comment about the 26th was wrong too.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:14 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:14 pm

I'm trying to believe both him and Ajay actually have sources but I just don't see it. The only thing keeping me from calling both of them liars is Toei's (U.S) recent tease and the fact that Kitaro moved from Super's spot.

I'm not too sure about yonkouproductions though. To my knowledge, he's been wrong quite a lot. His vague comment about the 26th was wrong too.
Haven't we been over this before? Why on EARTH would they LIE and risk completely decimating the credibility they've built up over the past years? You need to give them a bit more benefit of the doubt. First off, the announcement could come anytime from now until early May, so they could still be right. Second, even if they WERE wrong, that's just it, they were misinformed and/or the plans behind the scenes changed. There is literally zero benefit to them to just lie. Think about it logically.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:34 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:10 pm
SaiyanTarzan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:05 pm

Apparently people are "pushing" the date further to September or October on Twitter, as a "just in case" there's nothing announced for July.
This is absolutely unacceptable.

Have you ever played a multiple choice game and had the unfortunate luck of dealing with this one jagoff that got the answer wrong and just kept guessing each choice until they got it right? That's pretty much this exact situation.
Lmao, where are yall browsing on Twitter? As long as the people that actually matter in this case (the ones who have stated DBS’s July return) haven’t started pushing back dates, than no one should be getting mad or take seriously those who are pushing the date back.

Geekdom is just telling us what certain people tell him. It being right or wrong is completely out of his hands. In terms of an announcement, at this point it could be any day of the year or even next year. We've been hearing things since last December but still nothing so who knows.

Let me just remind everyone that Geekdom, Ajay, and Yonkou NEVER 100% confirmed an ANNOUNCEMENT date for DBS’s return like they confirmed a RELEASE date. So straight up call them wrong because it was announced on the 26th is fair.

Not to mention, the 26th was just ONE DATE apart of a long list of possible, likely dates that it can get announced.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:42 pm

I 100% trust Geekdom and Ajay’s Sources but I also think because they haven’t made an announcement there is always room for it to be pushed back. You know the saying the best laid plans....

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:47 pm

Artorias wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:14 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Haven't we been over this before? Why on EARTH would they LIE and risk completely decimating the credibility they've built up over the past years?
If this thread, twitter and youtube are an example. It seems like 80% are willing to forgive the both of them no matter what with no questions asked. This will obviously cause a bit of an outrage but, again, from what I've seen 2 apology videos and a couple of tweets would be enough for the fans to fight tooth and nail for them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15HTd4Um1m4
Artorias wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:14 pm First off, the announcement could come anytime from now until early May, so they could still be right.
I mentioned this earlier today, it gets repetitive when you see someone guess over and over until they get the answer right. We don't need false hype. Jump Festa and Z's anniversary were perfect dates to announce this. Unless they plan on announcing this out of the blue, what other event is there between now and July?
Artorias wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:14 pm Second, even if they WERE wrong, that's just it, they were misinformed and/or the plans behind the scenes changed. There is literally zero benefit to them to just lie. Think about it logically.
Hype means more viewers for their content. Even if they were caught people would rather believe some anonymous figure duped them for half a year.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:55 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:47 pm Hype means more viewers for their content. Even if they were caught people would rather believe some anonymous figure duped them for half a year.

Their sources are multiple animators from Toei. So it is not just some random person

And if you think that Geekdom and Anime Ajay need to lie to get views then you really don’t know them.

I remember when everyone didn’t believe Geekdom about a certain character being in the movie too. That was pretty amusing as well.