It’s time for fans to come together and remaster the series properly.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: It’s time for fans to come together and remaster the series properly.

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:26 pm

KBABZ wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:17 pm
Robo4900 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:59 am No. What you're describing is just one of the many flaws in the Dragon Box transfer that exists due to incompetence. Episode 52 is what you're talking about, I think?
I think the telecine transferring that episode was improperly calibrated -- as was the case in many episodes, in different ways -- in this case resulting in the picture alignment being off.
Never got that far with T1C; you have a screenshot available?
See this thread.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: It’s time for fans to come together and remaster the series properly.

Post by KBABZ » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Robo4900 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:26 pm
KBABZ wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:17 pm
Robo4900 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:59 am No. What you're describing is just one of the many flaws in the Dragon Box transfer that exists due to incompetence. Episode 52 is what you're talking about, I think?
I think the telecine transferring that episode was improperly calibrated -- as was the case in many episodes, in different ways -- in this case resulting in the picture alignment being off.
Never got that far with T1C; you have a screenshot available?
See this thread.
Ahh okay, yeah I'm familiar with that. Irony that it would happen to one of my least-favourites parts of the anime, haha.

If I get that far with T1C, I'm not sure if I would crop it or leave it as-is.