List of all foreign language dubs

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: List of all foreign language dubs

Post by Danfun64 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:06 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:06 am
wjbraden wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am Hey guys, I just wanted to give you an update and let you know that my International dubs spreadsheet got vandalized a few days ago, with someone deleting a ton of information and adding silly pictures everywhere. I reverted everything back to the way it should be, but unfortunately, from now on all users are going to have to send me a request to edit the spreadsheet to prevent this sort of thing from happening again (it already happened to me with another similar project I was doing, but I didn’t want to have to do it with this one so it would be easy for you guys to go in and make quick edits without having to login and all that bs - but sadly I have to resort to this so all of our hard work doesn’t get ruined).
Anyways, sorry for the hassle, and thanks again for helping me with the project and/or checking it out. You guys rock! 😊

That's a strange thing to do... Ruining a list of dubs... I... I don't get it.
What were the pictures of? Bruce Faulconer/something related to DB... or just irrelevant spam?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Wed May 01, 2019 2:13 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:06 am
wjbraden wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am Hey guys, I just wanted to give you an update and let you know that my International dubs spreadsheet got vandalized a few days ago, with someone deleting a ton of information and adding silly pictures everywhere. I reverted everything back to the way it should be, but unfortunately, from now on all users are going to have to send me a request to edit the spreadsheet to prevent this sort of thing from happening again (it already happened to me with another similar project I was doing, but I didn’t want to have to do it with this one so it would be easy for you guys to go in and make quick edits without having to login and all that bs - but sadly I have to resort to this so all of our hard work doesn’t get ruined).
Anyways, sorry for the hassle, and thanks again for helping me with the project and/or checking it out. You guys rock! 😊

That's a strange thing to do... Ruining a list of dubs... I... I don't get it.
Me either. Some people just have way too much time on their hands or are just plain weird I guess...
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:52 pm

Some things about the Greek dub in your list wjbraden:

- All 4 movies from the original DB have been dubbed in Greek so you can remove the question mark.
- Years dubbing DB: 1995-1998 (a scene from episode 33 and the whole episode 77 was redubbed for the DVD release in 2011)
- Years dubbing DBZ: 1998-2003 (episode 197 was redubbed for the DVD release in 2007)
- Years dubbing DBGT: 2008
- Years dubbing DB Movies 1-4, DBZ Movies 1-13, DBZ Special 1 & 2, DBGT Special: 2009
- The studio that dubbed DBGT, the movies & TV Specials was Alfa Zita studios.
- We Were Angels was also the ending for the Buu Saga episodes.
- The ending theme for DBZ on Smile TV is the Greek dubbed version of Makafushigi Adventure.
- DBZ was also released on VHS in 2001 by DeAgostini Hellas.

- The NEPs in the Cell Saga have been dubbed in Greek but they were removed from the DVD release.
- The original DB uses as an ending the Greek dubbed version of Makafushigi Adventure, even though ANT1 had the rights for Romantic Ageru Yo according to this commercial from 1995.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun May 05, 2019 12:20 am

TheRed259 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:52 pm Some things about the Greek dub in your list wjbraden:

- All 4 movies from the original DB have been dubbed in Greek so you can remove the question mark.
- Years dubbing DB: 1995-1998 (a scene from episode 33 and the whole episode 77 was redubbed for the DVD release in 2011)
- Years dubbing DBZ: 1998-2003 (episode 197 was redubbed for the DVD release in 2007)
- Years dubbing DB Movies 1-4, DBZ Movies 1-13, DBZ Special 1 & 2, DBGT Special: 2009
- The ending theme for DBZ on Smile TV is the Greek dubbed version of Makafushigi Adventure.

- The NEPs in the Cell Saga have been dubbed in Greek but they were removed from the DVD release.
- The original DB uses as an ending the Greek dubbed version of Makafushigi Adventure, even though ANT1 had the rights for Romantic Ageru Yo according to this commercial from 1995.
Good to know. The quality of the redub from episode 197 sounds much better.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 am

SaintEvolution wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:20 amGood to know. The quality of the redub from episode 197 sounds much better.
Goku's voice in that redubbed episode is really good imo.

Funny thing about this episode is that they have 1 VA in common: Stelios Kalathas. In the ANT1 dub of this episode, Stelios Kalathas is voicing Pikkon, the announcer and some others while in the new dub of this episode he voices King Kai and Grand Kai. Later, in DBGT and the Movies he will be the voice of Goku.

Also, just for the record, Smile TV in Greece showed (in 2018) episode 197 with the new dub and not with the old one from ANT1.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun May 05, 2019 11:47 am

TheRed259 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 am
SaintEvolution wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:20 amGood to know. The quality of the redub from episode 197 sounds much better.
Goku's voice in that redubbed episode is really good imo.

Funny thing about this episode is that they have 1 VA in common: Stelios Kalathas. In the ANT1 dub of this episode, Stelios Kalathas is voicing Pikkon, the announcer and some others while in the new dub of this episode he voices King Kai and Grand Kai. Later, in DBGT and the Movies he will be the voice of Goku.

Also, just for the record, Smile TV in Greece showed (in 2018) episode 197 with the new dub and not with the old one from ANT1.
That sounds nice. It was a coincidence.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Mon May 06, 2019 3:28 am

TheRed259 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:52 pm Some things about the Greek dub in your list wjbraden:

Great information Red259, I added/corrected all of it. If you have a Google account, let me know if you want access to the grid! :D
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:07 am

wjbraden wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:28 amGreat information Red259, I added/corrected all of it. If you have a Google account, let me know if you want access to the grid! :D
That's all I had to add about the Greek dub really. Btw, you forgot to correct the years dubbing DBZ TV Special 1 & 2 which is 2009 (and not 2005) and the years that DB was airing which is 1995-1998 (and not 1995-1996).

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Mon May 06, 2019 12:48 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:07 am
wjbraden wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:28 amGreat information Red259, I added/corrected all of it. If you have a Google account, let me know if you want access to the grid! :D
That's all I had to add about the Greek dub really. Btw, you forgot to correct the years dubbing DBZ TV Special 1 & 2 which is 2009 (and not 2005) and the years that DB was airing which is 1995-1998 (and not 1995-1996).
Oops, I did that last night night so I missed that, good catch!