Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:48 pm

Guys and Gals, Should I wait for another release of this? I just seen on amazon it was 12 bucks and thought ''Wuuut'' lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:04 am

Xeztin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:27 pm How hard is it to edit the audio file and leave the animation alone? Pirates could steal a digital rip from Japan and get better feedback by leaving it alone than what Funi does having staff spend hours making something good worse. At least VIZ is trying to keep it close to the original with manga.....
This is actually an extremely easy process.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Asmo

Post by Asmo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:57 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:59 pm
AzuraRacon wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:35 am
Asmo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:17 am Forgive me if this has been addressed, but any guesses as to whether the Madman release will be based on Funimation's Region A release, or Manga UK's Region B one? I'm curious to know if it might have the tint, but Madman does have a history of sourcing discs directly from Manga.

Much appreciated.
Madman typically sources Dragon Ball releases from Funimation as far as I know

I could absolutely be wrong though
Australia fall under Toei USA's jurisdiction so the green tint should be a legitimate worry for folks over there. Only saving grace is the later release date for Aus, if the tint was intentional for the U.S (to deter reverse importation) then there could be a chance of no tint for Aus. Either way it is a wait and see.

Edit-

Actually, the UK has confirmed no extra's so if the Aus release has the same extra's has the U.S then that means FUNi masters and likely green tint.
Thank you all for that. Looking at Madman's website, they list no extras. Neither does JB Hi Fi (where I've preordered it from). Madman does usually source directly (in terms of the Super series, for one). It's still a 'wait and see', but I'll be prepared either way. Easy enough for me to remove the tint if need be.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:39 pm

I don't have much negative things to say about the movie, except I miss seeing blood in modern Dragon Ball. Afew traditional residue on the mouth and what not would go along way. Especially in the scene where Broly smashed Goku around to near unconsciousness.

Other than that I find the film pretty fun and the fighting amazing, despite the mentioned lack of blood. I also really like the score and even the chanting: OH WAY OH! GO BROLY! GOJETA! GOJETA!

:thumbup:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:27 am

A fun movie for sure. But, I really would have liked to see Toriyama's full script. I just feel like Chilye and Lemo could have used more time with Broly. And I would have loved to see more of the Planet Vegeta stuff as well.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:40 pm

Very interesting. I don’t care much about what Toriyama his to say about FP Broly, I would rather him speak about Gogeta’s inclusion in the movie, future plans for Broly and for the story, maybe Super Saiyan Blue and where it stands in his vision.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed May 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Can't wait to see what Toriyama's thought process was.

FrostByte
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FrostByte » Thu May 02, 2019 6:46 am

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 56/photo/1
Summary of Toriyama's Q&A in the Broly Anime Comic.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu May 02, 2019 7:10 am

FrostByte wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:46 am https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 56/photo/1
Summary of Toriyama's Q&A in the Broly Anime Comic.
The retroactive decision to paint Goku as a negligent father while depicting Vegeta as a borderline saint of parenthood (or at the very least, being turned into one by Bulma) is one of the most annoying things about modern Dragon Ball.

I'm sure more people are going to be upset about what he says about Bardock (how him being more compassionate toward his son ultimately made him better than King Vegeta and Paragus) but at this point, Minus Bardock is here to stay and I'm fine with it. It'll still never be worse than what the video games did to him.

Cheelai and Lemo were his favourites and you can really tell from watching. They're a lot of fun and I hope we see more from them in future.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu May 02, 2019 7:15 am

Kataphrut wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:10 amThe retroactive decision to paint Goku as a negligent father while depicting Vegeta as a borderline saint of parenthood (or at the very least, being turned into one by Bulma) is one of the most annoying things about modern Dragon Ball.
That's not what Toriyama said at all.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu May 02, 2019 7:47 am

Luso Saiyan wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:15 am
Kataphrut wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:10 amThe retroactive decision to paint Goku as a negligent father while depicting Vegeta as a borderline saint of parenthood (or at the very least, being turned into one by Bulma) is one of the most annoying things about modern Dragon Ball.
That's not what Toriyama said at all.
No, which gives me some hope. It's still mentioned in the interview and fits with a lot of how the two of them have been written in modern DB. I know Toyotaro loves banging that drum.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 02, 2019 9:14 am

"Bardock changed the fate of the Universe by showing affection to his son". Thank you for recognizing how important Bardock is. :thumbup:
Kataphrut wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:10 amIt'll still never be worse than what the video games did to him.
And what exactly have video games done to him?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:57 am

They’re still pushing this “Goku is a deadbeat while Vegeta is father of the year” bullshit? :roll: :roll: :thumbdown:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 02, 2019 11:46 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:57 am They’re still pushing this “Goku is a deadbeat while Vegeta is father of the year” bullshit? :roll: :roll: :thumbdown:
Calling Vegeta a better father than Goku isn't the same as 'father of the year'. Especially when the line in the interview said 'cares a little more', which isn't that good either in terms of fatherhood.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 am

HeroR wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:46 am
Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:57 am They’re still pushing this “Goku is a deadbeat while Vegeta is father of the year” bullshit? :roll: :roll: :thumbdown:
Calling Vegeta a better father than Goku isn't the same as 'father of the year'. Especially when the line in the interview said 'cares a little more', which isn't that good either in terms of fatherhood.
it's true, and either way you know exactly what I mean. No need to nitpick.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 am
Not really since Vegeta even in Super has questionable dad moments like him leaving his family for six months that Bulma actually complained about, him not working, and then for the TOP he never mentioned his family until the last few episodes. So saying 'he cares a little more' doesn't really mean much in context.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:29 pm

HeroR wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Not really since Vegeta even in Super has questionable dad moments like him leaving his family for six months that Bulma actually complained about, him not working, and then for the TOP he never mentioned his family until the last few episodes. So saying 'he cares a little more' doesn't really mean much in context.
Still, the fact that they keep pushing "Vegeta cares more than Goku" has really gotten old.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:30 pm

HeroR wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Vegeta obviously kept them in mind throughout the course of the tournament. A constant reminder wasn't necessary.

He was also willing to stay with Bulma instead of participating while she was in labor. It's only until Whis cut it short that he agreed to go.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu May 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Oh Geez, this fatherhood debate crap again :roll:

Someone explain to me why this discussion is had and why you guys only apply 20% human standards to them?

if you look in totality, both are shit dads cause they do no actual childrearing. Neither goku or vegeta take their kids to school , pack lunches, help them with hw, go to PTA meetings, etc. They hang out with them for a bit and then fuck off to train. All the actual PARENTING is done by their wives.