"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NormalHero
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by NormalHero » Wed May 01, 2019 2:44 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:34 pm
NormalHero wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:07 pm aoni production tweeted a (funny) video by masako nozawa
https://twitter.com/aonipro_kaigai/stat ... 7747666944

am i wrong or is the same phrase used by goku in the episodes' preview ?

it means "don't miss it! , or something like that...
https://youtu.be/aGjv_w7pWXo?t=24

You're right.
thank you!

I wonder if it means something or not... :think:

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 01, 2019 4:40 pm

NormalHero wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:44 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:34 pm
NormalHero wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:07 pm aoni production tweeted a (funny) video by masako nozawa
https://twitter.com/aonipro_kaigai/stat ... 7747666944

am i wrong or is the same phrase used by goku in the episodes' preview ?

it means "don't miss it! , or something like that...
https://youtu.be/aGjv_w7pWXo?t=24

You're right.
thank you!

I wonder if it means something or not... :think:
It could probably be related to Heroes.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed May 01, 2019 4:44 pm

Nozawa-san is full of SOUL even at this age.
What an amazing person.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed May 01, 2019 5:09 pm

December, January and April.

All "guesses" concerning Super return announcement from people who claim to have insider information, which were all proven wrong.
At this point they are as questionable as anyone else.

We may have something on May 9th because for the first time they are actually teasing something with Shintani Goku, but the fact that will debut in DB Heroes site makes it questionable.

Another rumor is that DBS will return in July, but it's not common to announce an anime for July so late, unless its something with a rushed production like Super 1.0... It could be because they wanted DBS:Broly to have all the attention, but for now it's all rumors. Rumors and nothing more.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 01, 2019 5:13 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:09 pm December, January and April.

All "guesses" concerning Super return announcement from people who claim to have insider information, which were all proven wrong.

We may have something on May 9th because for the first time they are actually teasing something with Shintani Goku, but the fact that will debut in DB Heroes site makes it questionable.

Another rumor is that DBS will return in July, but it's not common to announce an anime for July so late, unless its something with a rushed production like Super 1.0... It could be because they wanted DBS:Broly to have all the attention, but for now it's all rumors. Rumors and nothing more.
Ajay said he'd ask his sources again if nothing comes up by the 9th.

Derf

Post by Derf » Wed May 01, 2019 6:40 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:13 pm

He already did just this morning. Two more TAP animators claimed that the show would be back in the air by July.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 01, 2019 7:31 pm

Derf wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:40 pm

He already did just this morning. Two more TAP animators claimed that the show would be back in the air by July.
Source?

Derf

Post by Derf » Wed May 01, 2019 9:34 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:31 pm
Derf wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:40 pm
Source?
Ajay posted the claim on Discord earlier today. I don't have a direct link to point to.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:34 pm

You’re getting mixed up bro. The legit people (Ajay, Yonkou, and Geekdom) have never said that inside sources have told them when it would be announced. Only when it would air. July.

And its not a rumor. Its a fact. Its a fact that hasn’t been officially announced to the general public. That doesn’t, by any means, mean that its not true. I guess those who dont trust Ajay, Geek, and Yonkou can still call it a rumor but for Ajay, Geek, Yonkou, the animators who told them, and the fans that believe them, 2uper coming back in July is no rumor.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 01, 2019 9:46 pm

We know that the series is in production. April and July were guesses we made due to the typical length of production that anime typically had before broadcast. It could be that the series' staff were able to fight for an even longer production than would typically think. For all we know it could be July or October at this point.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Wed May 01, 2019 10:15 pm

What we know for sure beyond any reasonable doubt is that the production has started, but does the same goes for the date as well?
There are people saying that the July airdate is an educated guess and people saying that it is 100% certain.

I don't want to keep nitpicking about Geekdom, but he has mixed his educated guesses with actual information before and people spread his guess as part of "the truth".

So, could someone clarify which parts of the information are certain and which parts are a guess?

It would be good to have the proper information on record somewhere to avoid any confusion.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:42 pm

Akamay wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:15 pm What we know for sure beyond any reasonable doubt is that the production has started, but does the same goes for the date as well?
There are people saying that the July airdate is an educated guess and people saying that it is 100% certain.

I don't want to keep nitpicking about Geekdom, but he has mixed his educated guesses with actual information before and people spread his guess as part of "the truth".

So, could someone clarify which parts of the information are certain and which parts are a guess?

It would be good to have the proper information on record somewhere to avoid any confusion.
This has been repeated too many times for people to keep getting confused!

NO SOURCE HAS STATED WHEN 2UPER WILL BE ANNOUNCED. SOURCES OF YONKOU, AJAY, AND GEEKDOM HAVE ALL STATED THAT 2UPER IS RETURNING IN JULY OF 2019.

And specifically from Ajay, pre-production of the series started in October of 2018.

The guesses are only for WHEN it will be ANNOUNCED. As of now, the main guess is anytime between now and mid May with May 9th being a highly speculated date for the announcement.

Also, a semi-reputable twitter account has stated that we’re in for a 2uper teaser trailer in late May. So its not confirmed but the chance is there.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Wed May 01, 2019 11:34 pm

Akamay wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:15 pm What we know for sure beyond any reasonable doubt is that the production has started, but does the same goes for the date as well?

To me it's like a weird form of confirmation bias, what i appreciate about Ajay is that he isn't saying much on the matter, Geekdom is constantly saying it's definitely coming in July. It would be more beneficial if he not say anything until anything is announced in which case he can say told you so, instead of of course baiting the fanbase for views.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Wed May 01, 2019 11:41 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:42 pm This has been repeated too many times for people to keep getting confused!

NO SOURCE HAS STATED WHEN 2UPER WILL BE ANNOUNCED. SOURCES OF YONKOU, AJAY, AND GEEKDOM HAVE ALL STATED THAT 2UPER IS RETURNING IN JULY OF 2019.

And specifically from Ajay, pre-production of the series started in October of 2018.

The guesses are only for WHEN it will be ANNOUNCED. As of now, the main guess is anytime between now and mid May with May 9th being a highly speculated date for the announcement.

Also, a semi-reputable twitter account has stated that we’re in for a 2uper teaser trailer in late May. So its not confirmed but the chance is there.
Well, given Julie's post it'd be normal for someone to think that there was not an explicit confirmation about the airdate.
There are also people saying that the airdate was pushed to later in the Fall since the announcement was not made in April.
Also, around the Broly movie release, I believe Ajay was mentioning that he had enough evidence to believe that the series would return, but I did not see him saying that it was for sure in July.
It's easy for misunderstandings to become "confirmations" nowadays as well.

That's why I believed that the July confirmation was an educated guess rather than something set in stone.

Regardless, yeah, if it's confirmed then it's confirmed.
Assuming that Ajay, Geekdom and Yonkou have different sources, there is no real reason for them all to be lying.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu May 02, 2019 9:23 am

Akamay wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:41 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:42 pm This has been repeated too many times for people to keep getting confused!

Well, given Julie's post it'd be normal for someone to think that there was not an explicit confirmation about the airdate.
There are also people saying that the airdate was pushed to later in the Fall since the announcement was not made in April.
Also, around the Broly movie release, I believe Ajay was mentioning that he had enough evidence to believe that the series would return, but I did not see him saying that it was for sure in July.
It's easy for misunderstandings to become "confirmations" nowadays as well.

That's why I believed that the July confirmation was an educated guess rather than something set in stone.

Regardless, yeah, if it's confirmed then it's confirmed.
Assuming that Ajay, Geekdom and Yonkou have different sources, there is no real reason for them all to be lying.
I don’t think Julie has any sources and is just guessing. For example I have also guessed that maybe things could be pushed back even if the plan was in July (that is just the me thinking the worst). But that is me just speculating with nothing to back it up.

Ajay, Geekdom And Yonkou have stated from their sources that it is July. No actual information has changed to say that it will be pushed back.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 02, 2019 10:36 am

I very specifically use the words 'could' and 'For all we know it could be' because I have no idea when an announcement will be made or when the actual broadcast will begin. July is becoming more realistic but my hope is October so that if GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018) does end after six cours then the slot can be given back to Dragon Ball for October and more staff will be available for Dragon Ball.

Hell, with my luck international distributors will get to air the series first and then a revised version will air months later in Japan ala Dragon Ball Kai: The Final Chapters.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 am

I thought GeGe no Kitaro moved to a different slot?

Kind of unrelated but am I the only one getting tired of all the "Ifs" and "maybes"? It probably can't be helped but it's just so frustrating to see that as its only explanation when something fails to come.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Thu May 02, 2019 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 02, 2019 11:56 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:36 amWith my luck international distributors will get to air the series first and then a revised version will air months later in Japan ala Dragon Ball Kai: The Final Chapters.
Kai's Buu arc was originally made for the international market. It airing in Japan was an after thought due to Toriko fialing to live up to their expectations.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Thu May 02, 2019 12:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:36 am I very specifically use the words 'could' and 'For all we know it could be' because I have no idea when an announcement will be made or when the actual broadcast will begin. July is becoming more realistic but my hope is October so that if GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018) does end after six cours then the slot can be given back to Dragon Ball for October and more staff will be available for Dragon Ball.

Hell, with my luck international distributors will get to air the series first and then a revised version will air months later in Japan ala Dragon Ball Kai: The Final Chapters.
I'm also in the group who thinks a fall release makes more sense than July, this is mostly due to no announcement and my own speculation, I personally am hoping for another film in the works and then the series returns sometime early next year.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Thu May 02, 2019 12:50 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:36 am I very specifically use the words 'could' and 'For all we know it could be' because I have no idea when an announcement will be made or when the actual broadcast will begin. July is becoming more realistic but my hope is October so that if GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018) does end after six cours then the slot can be given back to Dragon Ball for October and more staff will be available for Dragon Ball.

I am aware of that, what I meant was that your post told me that Ajay and the others didn't confirm that it's 100% that Super will resume in July. It did go against AnimeNation's post saying that July was confirmed to be when Super returns.
Thus, I understood that the July airdate was not confirmed, but it was just an educated guess.

Sorry if it sounded like I was using your post to prove something else.

According to what people are saying, GeGeGe no Kitaro will change slots now that Lady Layton's anime has ended, that will create the time slot for DBS while allowing Kitaro to continue.
I believe it was Ajay who said that there are sources saying that Kitaro will still be around in July, but it never really mentions the time slot.
So it makes more sense to move Kitaro from the current time slot to have the "Dream 9" for Dragon Ball and One Piece again.