"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri May 03, 2019 9:21 pm

I'd like to see female SSJ4 for once. There are no many possibilities though. Caulifla and Kale could get it, or just like Gotenks with SSJ3 reach this form only when fused. But since they are minor characters that come from other universe, it's not likely for them to get a new form i think. The only other character that could get this form is Pan, but for some retarded reason she doesn't even have SSJ yet. And we talk about game that has Nappa SSJ3, when SSJ for Pan was actually being discussed during GT production. I can't see Fasha or Gine ever getting SSJ4, but maybe they will get SSJ one day.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:28 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:53 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:28 am
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:16 am

Id like 3 first for Goten.

Also, would SS4 King vegeta get a full beard?
I would like 3 for him too but it seems they’ve long since moved on from the “give everyone 3” trend
Xeno Gohan literally just got the form.
Did he really??? Still though, Gohan had SS3 a loooong time ago. Meanwhile they never even gave Goten 2 yet.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:57 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:28 am
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:53 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:28 am

I would like 3 for him too but it seems they’ve long since moved on from the “give everyone 3” trend
Xeno Gohan literally just got the form.
Did he really??? Still though, Gohan had SS3 a loooong time ago. Meanwhile they never even gave Goten 2 yet.
literally the last card set and he only has normal SS in the manga so far. And Nappa, Raditz and Saiyan Saga Vegeta all got 3 early.

I'm hoping Goten gets 3 to allow him to have something

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:28 amDid he really???
Yes. It was a card out of the main set (which I often call "promotional cards"), which is why a few probably missed it.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat May 04, 2019 7:55 pm

It's ironic that XGoten is actually the first Goten incarnation to have received a new form (Ultimate) outside of main continuity (Z/GT/Super).

Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, and Trunks. All of them didn't actually get new forms that previous incarnations didn't already have before.

In that regard, you could say XGoten is getting better treatment than the rest of the Time Patrol cast.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun May 05, 2019 2:01 am

So just in case some people didn't already know. The Cardass database has been updated with all the UR/SEC cards for UM8, and Goresh has done a translation of them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Goreshx/stat ... 64/photo/4

What captures my interest are the Fin and Dark Gogeta cards. Fin's ability negates PL through stamina consumption and stops them from increasing their Hero Energy except from PL. This would go very well for bosses that easily charge Hero Energy, and might actually help you gain the advantage starting Round 1 though I don't know whether the PL increase from stamina is actually that significant. Dark Gogeta's 1.5 dmg boost to enemies with CAA sounds extremely useful, though I'm confused whether the CAA has to be activated first or not before the dmg multiplier takes effect.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:18 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:55 pm It's ironic that XGoten is actually the first Goten incarnation to have received a new form (Ultimate) outside of main continuity (Z/GT/Super).

Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, and Trunks. All of them didn't actually get new forms that previous incarnations didn't already have before.

In that regard, you could say XGoten is getting better treatment than the rest of the Time Patrol cast.
That’s true! I’m just happy they gave him something

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun May 05, 2019 3:27 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:18 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:55 pm It's ironic that XGoten is actually the first Goten incarnation to have received a new form (Ultimate) outside of main continuity (Z/GT/Super).

I said it already but i'll say it again, Ultimate is lame, if that's the best what if they can give to Goten he migh as well stayed with just a costume change which i think if by far cooler because it resembles Xeno Goku's, worse than that Ultimate didn't make him all that strong either or at least not on the same level it did for Gohan in the Buu saga, not to mention they give away SS3 like hot cakes when they want and pretty much every single important saiyan already has it and even their fusions both normal and Xeno versions.

btw what happened to that mission in the arcade where the player faces evil Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Pan from GT??? like what is the story behind it, is not Baby again isn't it??? whatever it was they should double down and make you face them all 3 men in SS3 and Pan as normal SS in a future mission.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun May 05, 2019 5:28 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 3:27 pm

I said it already but i'll say it again, Ultimate is lame, if that's the best what if they can give to Goten he migh as well stayed with just a costume change which i think if by far cooler because it resembles Xeno Goku's, worse than that Ultimate didn't make him all that strong either or at least not on the same level it did for Gohan in the Buu saga, not to mention they give away SS3 like hot cakes when they want and pretty much every single important saiyan already has it and even their fusions both normal and Xeno versions.

btw what happened to that mission in the arcade where the player faces evil Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Pan from GT??? like what is the story behind it, is not Baby again isn't it??? whatever it was they should double down and make you face them all 3 men in SS3 and Pan as normal SS in a future mission.
Why is Ultimate lame compared to SSJ3? Because there is no change in the appearance? I personally think Ultimate Goten fits better than SSJ3 Goten, since he's Gohan's brother and now they've both maximized their potential. SSJ3 is overrated and a commodity at this point in SDBH, Ultimate is still more exclusive.

Ultimate Goten is strong enough to be considered a challenge by Roberu and Demigra, who deemed XGoten a weakling before. So the bolded is wrong.

In the arcade, the Time Patrol faced the possessed GT characters but they're not actively involved in the story yet (if ever). Also it's possession by Towa or Mechikaboola, most likely the latter. Either way they're on Mechikaboola's side.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:08 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:28 pm

Why is Ultimate lame compared to SSJ3? Because there is no change in the appearance? I personally think Ultimate Goten fits better than SSJ3 Goten, since he's Gohan's brother and now they've both maximized their potential. SSJ3 is overrated and a commodity at this point in SDBH, Ultimate is still more exclusive.

Ultimate Goten is strong enough to be considered a challenge by Roberu and Demigra, who deemed XGoten a weakling before. So the bolded is wrong.

In the arcade, the Time Patrol faced the possessed GT characters but they're not actively involved in the story yet (if ever). Also it's possession by Towa or Mechikaboola, most likely the latter. Either way they're on Mechikaboola's side.
Id have no problem with ultimate if it wasn't so obvious they just didnt want to make a new hair design for him. They wont even give him base super saiyan which he already has. Hair modelling can't be that hard surely?

Yeah Ultimate Gohan is meant to be around SS3 Goku without the drawbacks in the buu saga but it just feels like they're continually shafting Goten across most media for forms, use and relevancy. If Future Gohan can get 3 I dont see why Goten has to be slept on of all the people who should realistically be able to achieve it.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun May 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Ultimate Gohan is much stronger than SS3 Goku, and I think Ultimate Goten is much more unique and fitting. But I also agree that Goten should have had a new hairstyle, styling it in the way of his Super Saiyan form would have been perfect.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun May 05, 2019 7:51 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:08 pm
Id have no problem with ultimate if it wasn't so obvious they just didnt want to make a new hair design for him. They wont even give him base super saiyan which he already has. Hair modelling can't be that hard surely?

Yeah Ultimate Gohan is meant to be around SS3 Goku without the drawbacks in the buu saga but it just feels like they're continually shafting Goten across most media for forms, use and relevancy. If Future Gohan can get 3 I dont see why Goten has to be slept on of all the people who should realistically be able to achieve it.
I'm not saying Goten shouldn't get SSJ3. I honestly really don't care whether he gets it or not at this point, I'm content with him getting Ultimate since it's much more fitting anyhow. SSJ3 isn't even special anymore in SDBH, SSJ4 is where it's all at. I'd be more cool with Goten/Trunks/Gotenks getting SSJ4.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun May 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:28 pm

i don't think is about the hair because at the end SS3 looks the same on pretty much everybody who doesn't have a huge amount of hair like Raditz or bald like Nappa, if anything something like SS2 would be exactly what you say and they really haven't given that to anybody in years, not even popular characters like Trunks or Bardock so i believe it.

and yeah i don't really like Ultimate precisely because i think SS3 looks way cooler even if it's supposed to be weaker, just a matter of taste but i still want to see SS3 Goten, just because it's a what-if that has yet to happen, have no idea if it will ever happen though.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun May 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:51 pm

I'm not saying Goten shouldn't get SSJ3. I honestly really don't care whether he gets it or not at this point, I'm content with him getting Ultimate since it's much more fitting anyhow. SSJ3 isn't even special anymore in SDBH, SSJ4 is where it's all at. I'd be more cool with Goten/Trunks/Gotenks getting SSJ4.
Well that's at least something we both can agree with, however because it's such a big deal when it happens the possibilities are way lower than him having SS3 in random promo card or something like that, but if it happens one day a SS3 should most certainly appear at some point after it or at least i could say they finally making him relevant.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun May 05, 2019 9:05 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:14 pm
Well that's at least something we both can agree with, however because it's such a big deal when it happens the possibilities are way lower than him having SS3 in random promo card or something like that, but if it happens one day a SS3 should most certainly appear at some point after it or at least i could say they finally making him relevant.
But they are making Goten relevant, XGoten that is. He's a part of the Time Patrol, and plays an active role in the Demigra/Mechikaboola sagas. Getting some random SSJ3 promo card is far less relevant to the central story than him telling Demigra to fuck off and then battling Demigra and Roberu after becoming Ultimate. I actually like XGoten and not because it's just more Goten (I personally don't care for Goten in the main series), it's because we're finally seeing a more serious (and maybe sometimes lighthearted) side of Goten, and being thrust into the role of protector, developing his characterization.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 pm

I asked zero mods about this, but I put so much effort into it they can't lock it. So, here is a dedicated manga discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43937

I've felt for a while that it made more sense to pull manga discussion out of this thread, both because there's general interest in it outside of those who are also interested in the game, and the two chains of discussion tended to drown each other out in a way that's difficult for new, curious fans to navigate.

Feel 200 percent free to use it for general discussion, or, for Goresh, Rakurai, and alakazam^, any manga-related summaries or translations you happen to get to. (Or any one else, but those are the only other active translators I know of for SDBH content.)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon May 06, 2019 1:43 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:02 am
Saiga wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:14 am It's both. One of the promo trailers shows Gohan transform and SS4 Goku/Vegeta are blown back by the force of it. Then one of SS4 Gohan's team attacks with the pair is for him to shoot a massive beam through the opponent and SS4 Goku/Vegeta have to stop it from hitting the Earth.
No they don’t, in his ultimate unit Gohan ssj4 shoots a beam attack at whoever your fighting and some how that’s not enough power so Goku and vegeta GT get behind the person and use their own beam attacks, they never have to stop a beam hitting the earth cause Gohan isn’t aiming for the earth he’s aiming for the enemy
I just found the video and you're incorrect. Gohan's attack overwhelms the opponent and pushes them down toward. Goku is alarmed and he and Vegeta go to stop it, causing it to detonate above the Earth. Then Goku reprimands Gohan for being careless.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Saiga wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:43 am
S3 Hendrix wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:02 am
Saiga wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:14 am It's both. One of the promo trailers shows Gohan transform and SS4 Goku/Vegeta are blown back by the force of it. Then one of SS4 Gohan's team attacks with the pair is for him to shoot a massive beam through the opponent and SS4 Goku/Vegeta have to stop it from hitting the Earth.
No they don’t, in his ultimate unit Gohan ssj4 shoots a beam attack at whoever your fighting and some how that’s not enough power so Goku and vegeta GT get behind the person and use their own beam attacks, they never have to stop a beam hitting the earth cause Gohan isn’t aiming for the earth he’s aiming for the enemy
I just found the video and you're incorrect. Gohan's attack overwhelms the opponent and pushes them down toward. Goku is alarmed and he and Vegeta go to stop it, causing it to detonate above the Earth. Then Goku reprimands Gohan for being careless.
You’re right, my bad it’s been a very long time since I’ve used this unit or even watched the animation. Goku even asked Gohan what the hell he was doing :x and Gohan responds with hehe sorry about that. Next time I make a claim I’ll be sure to go back and check and also provide a source. :thumbup:

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon May 06, 2019 2:46 pm

SDBH peeps, I'm getting really annoyed by how ppl are still confusing UMX XGoku with SDBH XGoku. I blame the DB Wiki for this, it's like they just grab random pieces of information and slap them onto the page without any context of events or story whatsoever. :x As a major XGoku fan, it's something I can't easily let go. :problem:

And god forbid the ppl who will start merging World Mission XGoku with the SDBH arcade XGoku as if they're also the same (they're not). I might honestly start a project listing all the differences of each XGoku incarnation so that ppl can finally have a proper and comprehensive source to cite.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon May 06, 2019 3:11 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:46 pm SDBH peeps, I'm getting really annoyed by how ppl are still confusing UMX XGoku with SDBH XGoku. I blame the DB Wiki for this, it's like they just grab random pieces of information and slap them onto the page without any context of events or story whatsoever. :x As a major XGoku fan, it's something I can't easily let go. :problem:

And god forbid the ppl who will start merging World Mission XGoku with the SDBH arcade XGoku as if they're also the same (they're not). I might honestly start a project listing all the differences of each XGoku incarnation so that ppl can finally have a proper and comprehensive source to cite.
I could get behind this, because honestly this is something I’ve been meaning to do for a long time but not just Goku Xeno. I was planning to make list about differences for each xeno character in that specific story(EX: the differences between trunks: xeno in DBonline, DBH arcade, DBXenoverse franchise, DBH 3ds games, world mission story, manga). I can help you with this list if you’d like.
Last edited by S3 Hendrix on Mon May 06, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.