"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jord » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:53 am

We do get a snazzy DB Goku alt:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 am

OG Blue Gi Goku would have been nice too

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:53 am

nato25 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 am OG Blue Gi Goku would have been nice too
I'm surprised there's no EoZ colour for him, as it's basically the same outfit. Maybe it's unlockable? Still nice to see his DB colours in there.

Wow that trailer was short. I know they always are, but this somehow felt shorter, perhaps because we've waited so long. I thought the SS4 cinematic was too short too. You barely get a look at him before he goes into Dragon Fist.

On the bright side at least we get to play as SS4 in the lobby. :lol:

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:03 am

What we saw of the Dragon Fist cinematic didn't look too good, hopefully seeing the full thing is better.

Anyway, confirmation of SS4 is nice. IMO that justifies GT Goku's inclusion over OG kid Goku, as this can combine the OG moveset with GT references which is practical. If this was just OG Goku lives with Spirit Bomb and Super Saiyan 3 on top, I would've said that they shouldn't have bothered

To be really perfect SS4 would need to be a proper transformation - but I understand that that's just not reasonable for ASW. Still, it'd make him a hell of a stand out to have it.

But Mods will fix that - now we have a high quality SS4 Goku model to mod over one of the adults, that's a great addition.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:13 am

90sDBZ wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:53 am
nato25 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 am OG Blue Gi Goku would have been nice too
I'm surprised there's no EoZ colour for him, as it's basically the same outfit. Maybe it's unlockable? Still nice to see his DB colours in there.

Wow that trailer was short. I know they always are, but this somehow felt shorter, perhaps because we've waited so long. I thought the SS4 cinematic was too short too. You barely get a look at him before he goes into Dragon Fist.

On the bright side at least we get to play as SS4 in the lobby. :lol:
The second alternate is always a reference to the series, for example No. 17 having the Z colours, Gohan having the Cell Saga, early Buu arc blue colours. Others are just same for everyone via colour coding (red, blue, white...).

And I LOVE IT! I was hoping for the second colour to be the OG Dragon Ball red GI!
I hope, that it will only affect SSJ4 pants and not his whole palette.

Yeah, would love some EoZ stuff as well, I would prefer the EoZ gi in Xenoverse over the Ressurection F ones any time!
As a kid, before movies and the super in future, this was the definitive full power Goku from the series end and I loved to play as him in Sparking! Meteor, having all SSJ forms with the EoZ Gi :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:26 pm

I almost guarantee ssj4 colour wont change as its just the super attack animation.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:27 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:13 am Yeah, would love some EoZ stuff as well, I would prefer the EoZ gi in Xenoverse over the Ressurection F ones any time!
As a kid, before movies and the super in future, this was the definitive full power Goku from the series end and I loved to play as him in Sparking! Meteor, having all SSJ forms with the EoZ Gi :)
I feel the same way about the EoZ gi actually. Something about it really captured the idea that he was an experienced martial arts master. :)

It's a shame it doesn't get included in games more often.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:58 pm

nato25 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:26 pm I almost guarantee ssj4 colour wont change as its just the super attack animation.
It changed for Goku Black and Zamasu in the intro, it could change

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun May 05, 2019 7:05 pm

I like how it was added to goku ssj4 make this version of goku feel significantly different :thumbup:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon May 06, 2019 5:08 am

Then the Goku GT comes out on Goku day?
That is thursday and PSN store updates are around tuesdays, so it comes out tommorow?! :)

Who do you think we will get as the last unknown DLC character? Lot of people thinks it is Yi Xing Long from GT's end to make a pair with Goku. But I think that Goku was just a one time addition, being it on Goku day and they made him GT version, so he will be more interesting :)
So would it be Movie character or another from series? From what I saw, lot of people bets on Janemba or Roshi.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:26 pm

I'd like for it to be Kefla, but I doubt that's happening. Not sure who's next.

Kinda looking forward to giving GT Goku a try, though I still don't care for the choice.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue May 07, 2019 11:34 pm

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 am

Don't quote me on this But I think the next DLC releasing after GT Goku Is SS4 Vegeta (GT)

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Wed May 08, 2019 4:39 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:34 pm Well now, this is interesting

https://youtu.be/B_w0ogYeCdw

EDIT:

His theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkb8KOslOtk
That quote "You're the best Vegeta" is from right before they fuse into SS4 Gogeta. Very interesting.

And here's some more gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpiFUPgecHc

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed May 08, 2019 11:27 am

With this update, they finally added random opponents in the Arcade mode with the three Random Paths.
Now you can fight teams of enemies that are never the same (and therefore have no specific team name).

Plus, you all saw where the icon for GT Goku appears, which means the unknown DLC will appear on the other side.
And guess what the line of DLC on the other side is meant for, with DBZ Broly, Cooler and the upcoming DLC character...

Meaning, the theory of Janemba gets more credit now since the next icon is meant to appear in the DLC line themed around "DBZ Movies enemies".
The line of DLC under it is made for "DBS main enemies" (and includes Fused Zamasu, Jiren and likely DBS Broly soon).

So signs point to Janemba, unless you can associate someone else than him and Cooler (who's already available) in the "Purple color + DBZ Movie vilain" category.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed May 08, 2019 1:40 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:27 am With this update, they finally added random opponents in the Arcade mode with the three Random Paths.
Now you can fight teams of enemies that are never the same (and therefore have no specific team name).
YES! I came here to post exactly that! I must have suggested this on the Bamco Facebook page about 5 times all those months ago.

FINALLY! You don't know how frustrating this has been for me - always the fighting the same opponents at the same time, always knowing I have to start with the three saiyans, will never face DLC characters (which made the opponent ladders same and boring).

This added replayability to the game for like, 600% for me - I never play online.

As for the last unknown villain, I hope it's Janemba his design is amazing. Omega Shenron always looked uncomfortably fake in all his bulk - looking more like a Godzilla foe rather than an actual Dragon Ball antagonist.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:40 pm YES! I came here to post exactly that! I must have suggested this on the Bamco Facebook page about 5 times all those months ago.

FINALLY! You don't know how frustrating this has been for me - always the fighting the same opponents at the same time, always knowing I have to start with the three saiyans, will never face DLC characters (which made the opponent ladders same and boring).
I definitely agree, though at the moment the AI needs work. I've never got an S on the other arcade ladders before. On one hand, replayablity, fight the DLC characters. On the other, lack of AI strategy, and the powered up versions of characters at the end of the ladder isn't available.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed May 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 am Don't quote me on this But I think the next DLC releasing after GT Goku Is SS4 Vegeta (GT)
If they added SSJ4 Vegeta, who didn't do anything in series, along kid Goku with SSJ4 only for dragon fist, people would get MAD lol.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Wed May 08, 2019 3:32 pm

With the voice files there's a rumour going around that SS4 will be an alternate skin for SS1 Goku. The timing of the x10 kamehameha dialogue fits with SS1 Goku's SS3 kamehameha level 3. Considering the SS4 model is already in the game along with those voice files, it might not be that crazy of an idea. They know modders will do it anyway, so perhaps they'll beat them to it, and maybe give SS1 Vegeta the same treatment. And perhaps Gogeta Blue when he drops.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:49 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 am Don't quote me on this But I think the next DLC releasing after GT Goku Is SS4 Vegeta (GT)
If they added SSJ4 Vegeta, who didn't do anything in series, along kid Goku with SSJ4 only for dragon fist, people would get MAD lol.
True but reason I said that is because while looking at the updated roster in the game there's a space below Base Vegeta and where they placed Goku (GT) was under base Goku (I know it's dumb to assume cause of that) but it would make sense