"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:07 pm

So far, I think the new cards are just okay with the exceptional ones being the Fused cards. That said, Broly BR and Fused Gogeta Blue are great on my ‘No Stun’ team, and so are Gine and Bardock to a lesser extent. Still not perfect since it still runs into problems with jackass CPU stealing your Hero Energy and/or tanking your stamina, so your big units can’t Super.

I tried the new Gogeta Fusion on my ‘Main Team’, but they didn’t work as well as I hoped. The team I have now, which one spot rotating between Golden Cooler and Tarble, can constantly get 10 Hero Energy by R2 even when opponents steal it or take down my Power Level, which gives Vegito Blue access to his full passive along with the maximum free damage from UM2 UI Goku summoning Vegeta. I also run UM1 UI Omen Goku who transforms into completed UI per God Kamehameha since his passive at R3 gives 2000 Power Level per attacker based on the amount of Hero Energy you have. So if I screw up R2, I’m almost 100% certain to go first R3 with the maximum Power Level. So my Main Team has a nearly perfect three Round gameplay. The new Fused Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta doesn’t work too well in this setup despite him giving 3 Hero Energy per round and have 2x Power Level along with restoring stamina.

While I’m on this tangent, after getting used to him, I think Vegito Blue is better than Berserk Super Saiyan Goku. He can almost one-shot everything if you get all his buffs off. And those he doesn’t kill, they won’t be Supering you since you took all their Hero Energy. The problem, Vegito Blue is high maintenance and requires you to build a team that can constantly get 10 Hero Energy, which isn’t easy (took me several builds). That and you have to be good at CI, while Berserk Super Saiyan Goku can kill with just tap attacks and his Dragon Fist.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed May 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Finally got to play the demo version and holy hell... Dragon Ball Heroes is even better when you are the one playing it and experiencing its wonders yourself. As someone who has been watching videos since 2010 (crap ones of 240p back then), the fact that now I'm able to play it myself and having a blast is crazy! :D

I really can't wait to play the full game once the price gets lower (damn country!).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat May 04, 2019 8:17 am

How far is everyone in Arcade Mode and how are you playing it?

Just finished getting the Ultra Clear on the Bardock God Boss. My goal while playing is to get both Ultra Clears and Legendary Clears if possible, and use no cards beyond the set of the campaign. Since the bosses were designed for a format that allowed previous DBH cards, this isn't always possible, especially in earlier sets when you're so limited in your card libraries. That said, most of it can be done.

So far I've managed:

SH1 - Beerus arc - All Ultra Clears and Legendary Clears done with SH1 cards only
SH1 - Golden Freeza arc - All Ultra Clears and Legend Clears done with SH1 cards only
SH1 - God of Destruction Champa arc - All Ultra Clears and Legend Clears done with SH1 cards only
SH1 - True Zamasu arc - All Ultra clears done with SH1 cards only; could not find a reasonable way to get the Legendary clear on the God Boss (I can think of one unreasonable way, but it's way too luck-dependent; will have to come back later)
SH1 - Demon God Towa arc - Except for the God Boss, all optional clear incentives are possible with SH1 cards. I could only just scrape by the boss using a few cards from SH2 though. Not sure if this one is possible with SH1 cards alone.
SH2 - Cell X arc - All Legendary Clears using only cards released by the campaign. I could not find a reasonable way to get the Ultra Clear on the God Boss.
SH2 - Super Bardock arc - All Ultra Clears using only cards released by the campaign. I feel like the Legendary Clear is possible as well, but it'd be a lot easier with more base Gokus to work with; especially one with Freeze.

Let me know if you have any questions about the teams I used to get the clears so far. I feel like this is maybe a better way to play, for the challenge. Unfortunately, these early campaigns end up in a spot of being quite a bit harder than designed if you're only using SDBH cards released by the time of the campaign, with no access to the pre-existing DBH library, but potentially too easy if you freely bring in cards from much later sets, due to the power-creep. Any I don't feel like I could get the first time through, I'll come back to re-examine once I'm done with later campaigns.

HeroR wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:07 pmWhile I’m on this tangent, after getting used to him, I think Vegito Blue is better than Berserk Super Saiyan Goku. He can almost one-shot everything if you get all his buffs off. And those he doesn’t kill, they won’t be Supering you since you took all their Hero Energy. The problem, Vegito Blue is high maintenance and requires you to build a team that can constantly get 10 Hero Energy, which isn’t easy (took me several builds). That and you have to be good at CI, while Berserk Super Saiyan Goku can kill with just tap attacks and his Dragon Fist.
Without being able to weigh in much further, as I haven't used Berserk Goku all that much, this last point is a big deal, especially in competitive play. Players want to avoid relying on CI as much as possible, since it's always possible your opponent will be better or catch a lucky break with a Miracle Perfect, no matter how good you are at timing.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 06, 2019 1:19 pm

Due to having to go back and forth from my house lately, this is the first time I'm getting to jump on the game in a long while. So, I wanted to double check - are the only additional cards we've gotten via an update the ten from the Broly-related one (Bardock, Gine, SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, Broly, King Cold, Nappa (Youth), Bulma, SSG Vegeta, Broly, Cheelai, & Lemo)? Or is there another update of some sort I've missed?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue May 07, 2019 11:13 pm

Apologies for the double post, but uh...I need someone to weigh in on something if they can.

So, I'm fighting Great Saiyaman 1 and 2 in that one side-mission in Chapter 3. Their card's effects are already being a pain in the ass, but I'm doing pretty well with a new team I've cobbled together, and I'm likely able to finish them off in the next round I'm entering by just throwing everything I've got at them...when out of nowhere, a 'subspace emissary' or something got summoned, and Beerus pops up out of nowhere and does like 999,999 or something insane like that, insta-killing me. ...To quote Abridged Cell, WHAT JUST HAPPENED. Like...how, why, and do I have to worry about that happening again more often in fights that don't let me continue with another team member afterwards? :shock:
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue May 07, 2019 11:27 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:13 pm Apologies for the double post, but uh...I need someone to weigh in on something if they can.

So, I'm fighting Great Saiyaman 1 and 2 in that one side-mission in Chapter 3. Their card's effects are already being a pain in the ass, but I'm doing pretty well with a new team I've cobbled together, and I'm likely able to finish them off in the next round I'm entering by just throwing everything I've got at them...when out of nowhere, a 'subspace emissary' or something got summoned, and Beerus pops up out of nowhere and does like 999,999 or something insane like that, insta-killing me. ...To quote Abridged Cell, WHAT JUST HAPPENED. Like...how, why, and do I have to worry about that happening again more often in fights that don't let me continue with another team member afterwards? :shock:
Oh yeah... if you take too long to defeat them then they will do that to insta-kill you. Beat them before it happens, IIRC they do the subspace summon in Round 4? I haven't encountered any other extra bosses who do that but my advice is to generally try to win the match within 2-3 rounds.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Wed May 08, 2019 2:41 am

Rakurai wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:27 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:13 pm .when out of nowhere, a 'subspace emissary' or something got summoned, and Beerus pops up out of nowhere and does like 999,999 or something insane like that, insta-killing me.
Oh yeah... if you take too long to defeat them then they will do that to insta-kill you. Beat them before it happens, IIRC they do the subspace summon in Round 4? I haven't encountered any other extra bosses who do that but my advice is to generally try to win the match within 2-3 rounds.
This happens with a couple of fights throughout story mode. I've had this happen in five or six matches, when I hadn't won by round 4.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed May 08, 2019 9:09 am

Oh joy, so it is something I'll have to worry about happening again. :o I'm still learning the ins and outs of what makes a good deck at this point, but at least when I'm stuck in a dangerous spot with what I'm able to cobble together, Note's team seems to work pretty great at taking care of things whenever I decide to switch over to her.
Twitter

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:00 am

There are some card abilities and robot modules that give a character a chance of reviving after dying; it's how I got through that Beerus annihilation by mere accident. Unfortunately I can't remember which specific card(s) had this ability.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed May 08, 2019 11:28 am

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:00 am There are some card abilities and robot modules that give a character a chance of reviving after dying; it's how I got through that Beerus annihilation by mere accident. Unfortunately I can't remember which specific card(s) had this ability.
Indeed. Always keep modules that either guarantee or greatly increase the chance of revival. I'd aim to have one for each of the first three rounds, since they facilitate different, useful strategies in both single-player and competitive play.

A particularly potent way out of difficult fights is combining them with a ... I have no idea what it's called in the English version (it's 一発逆転 in Japanese) ... but one of the units that converts damage taken up to that point into a Power increase for the whole team (there's a Hero-type Mira in SH1 that has it, for example). Add a card like the SH1 Gogeta that then increases your Battle Power by the amount of Guard and Power on your team, and you'll be able to sky-rocket your BP one round and take first-attack with sky high offensive stats and full Hero Energy. Gogeta activates his ability in Round 3, but there were pre-SDBH cards that activated the same ability in Round 2, and I'm assuming there's at least one repeat of that somewhere in the sets included in World Mission.

This is one of the strategies that will allow you to clear out most of the early arcade campaigns even without any cards released afterward, so long as you can produce and keep the necessary Hero Energy for the unit by Round 3. If you're in Story Mode or just not holding yourself to the handicap of using cards released prior to a certain campaign, you have even more options at your disposal for Round 1 or 2 wins. It might be worth taking a peek at online mode too, just to see some of the more meta teams that--by and large--aim for Round 2 victories. Not all will be viable against every single-player boss, based on the abilities they're set up with, but they should give you places to start.

Arcade Mode especially is riddled with bosses that virtually require you to win by Round 2, or may just barely allow you to scrape into Round 3. The odds are stacked against you in ridiculous ways, and one of the fun parts is puzzling out what's going to allow you to win against them and nab the extra clear incentives.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed May 08, 2019 6:26 pm

I'm generally getting my wins in Round 2-3 outside of when things start to go really badly south for me, so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue for me, but...yeah, I'd never claim to be really 'great' at this game, no matter how much fun I'm having with it, so we'll see. :lol: I'm likely holding off on doing anything in Arcade mode until I've beaten the Story Mode if possible, but I may have to check out the tournaments to get some more zeni at some point.

And after running into that earlier trouble, I think I've finally stumbled onto a team that seems to be working really well for me, at least right now. Not sure if it's a good enough team to keep me going for a long, long time, but it's certainly making pretty quick work of things right now anyway.
The real star seems to be that Raditz.
Twitter

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:02 am

I'm really enjoying this game as a puzzle game lol, trying to solve all the ultra completion and legendary completions. The Beerus and Whis first arcade mission was awesome, had to figure out a way to super with the whole team before killing them, which also required me to keep my CI low (or get really lucky).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 16, 2019 11:31 am

The game has sold 112,809 copies in Japan as of writing

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Thu May 16, 2019 12:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:31 am The game has sold 112,809 copies in Japan as of writing
Is that good or bad?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 16, 2019 2:27 pm

anubisj wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:06 pm
Lord Beerus wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:31 am The game has sold 112,809 copies in Japan as of writing
Is that good or bad?
It's decent.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon May 20, 2019 7:42 am

Can we please get more DLC? I wouldn't even mind if it's paid, as long as the content is bigger than last time. There's tons of things they can to add. Most importantly, Super Fuu please.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon May 20, 2019 9:49 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:42 am Can we please get more DLC? I wouldn't even mind if it's paid, as long as the content is bigger than last time. There's tons of things they can to add. Most importantly, Super Fuu please.
I'm sure we'll get more info next month, they probably don't want World Mission to catch up to the arcade game too quickly.

Kogath

Post by Kogath » Mon May 20, 2019 8:56 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:49 am
Xeogran wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:42 am Can we please get more DLC? I wouldn't even mind if it's paid, as long as the content is bigger than last time. There's tons of things they can to add. Most importantly, Super Fuu please.
I'm sure we'll get more info next month, they probably don't want World Mission to catch up to the arcade game too quickly.
If only we were getting the full sets and not just a few random cards from sets... Heck, I'd be up for paying for DLC if they were full sets.

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Fri May 24, 2019 7:07 am

Has anyone complied an imgur album of all the saiyan avatar's in-game SSJ forms? Most of the screenshots out there are them in SSG or in SSB form. Would be nice to see how all of them look (In-game, not the artwork of it) before I class up. Assuming you cant class down your character.

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Fri May 31, 2019 6:57 am

Kogath wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:56 pm If only we were getting the full sets and not just a few random cards from sets... Heck, I'd be up for paying for DLC if they were full sets.
Agreed; this is something I've been wondering about since finishing the story mode (and getting the majority of the cards); I was still playing Ultimate Mission X (in a grinding/ 'just for fun' sense rather than actually doing anything, apart from clearing a few of the harder Arcade mode battles that I hadn't succeeded in before) up until just before World Mission came out, and a few months back managed to get all of the game's available cards (3376, unless I've missed a code somewhere); the fact that World Mission only offers 1177 (of which, in 100 hours, I've collected 1116- don't know if that's 'good' or 'bad', just illustrating it hasn't taken THAT much time to reach the limit of play-motivation in that respect) is, taken on its own as a comparison and disregarding all other factors, pretty unimpressive.

I appreciate it's Super DBH so focuses on that, but the absence of a good number of particular cards/ characters leaves me a little cold, despite the fact that I enjoyed World Mission for what it was, and the Switch's superior capabilities made for an all-round superior experience.
I'd hope that older sets might become available at some point, but I think it could just as likely not happen given the aforementioned Super DBH focus.