The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:12 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:55 pm
Berserker1921 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:14 am
Champa The Destroyer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:01 am What if Bardock naturally had the same line of forms (already with the yellow eyed form) and probably similar level of power gains that Broly had?
He’d be a pretty strong warrior. However it still wouldn’t matter, unless he gained Ssj. In rage or ikari form, he’d be stronger and faster. But would still be nothing to Frieza, even in his first form.
Yeah, I agree with that, he would only be at like 100,000 power level with the ikari form. Would his SS stack on top of his Ikari form if he had both? If so, he would obliterate Freeza unless he goes into his final form.

What if Broly and an earthling had a child, that then was sent back in time to the Saiyan Arc? What would their potential be, and how would they effect the story up to DBS: Broly?
1. He’d probably be around 5 million to 6 million. If he combined them both together. You are right, he could best Frieza in his 1-3 forms. But knowing Bardock, he’d probably finish him as soon as possible. Wouldn’t give him to power up.

2. Well the child’s potential could be anything. Broly has an insane potential, but he is also in touch with his emotions. So in a way, he is like a half breed. Except, he had no control over it. His kid, may inherit his insane potential and may have more control over his emotions. But it can go anyway.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:17 pm

Here's a what if

What if Tarble was sent to earth with Goku

Rules: You have free reign over the what if expect two conditions. Tarble becomes a super saiyan in time for the androids and becomes atleast super saiyan 2 in time for buy. Anything else is free game.

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:56 am

What if the wish on earth in the namek saga had been "bring back evreyone killed by freeza and his men and his former men"?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:45 pm

louisascommie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:56 am What if the wish on earth in the namek saga had been "bring back evreyone killed by freeza and his men and his former men"?
In the Frieza Saga of the Dragon Ball Z Anime, Mr. Elder Tsuno and the rest of the other innocent Namekian Villagers the vile Vegeta had killed would have come back to life, met up with the likes of Mr. Piccolo and the other Namekian people on Earth, and recalled how the very sadistic Saiyan Prince and another Frieza Force Soldier had invaded their village for the only Namekian Dragon Ball they had hidden somewhere in their village and then butchered them with not a trace of remorse. Which would have led to Vegeta being hated more by everyone than in the original storyline.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:47 pm

What-If before Goku Black began terrorizing Trunks in the F. timeline, Trunks while searching for New Namek, discovers Vampa? And finds Broly? What do you think happens next?

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:47 pm What-If before Goku Black began terrorizing Trunks in the F. timeline, Trunks while searching for New Namek, discovers Vampa? And finds Broly? What do you think happens next?
1. Trunks mentions being the son of Vegeta, which makes Paragus angry and forces Broly to fight Trunks. After a long battle, Broly kills him. There, they steal Trunks' ship and go looking for Frieza after Paragus gets power hungry, until they find Babidi and Broly kills him and Dabura. Boo being released doesn't matter, as Broly would effortlessly kill him too. By the time Goku Black comes around, I would say that Broly only has his Ikari form, which is still stronger than Base Goku Black. He goes Rose and has Zamasu help him, and they decimate Broly until his thought of dying so soon after gaining freedom from Vampa makes him angry, causing him to go Super Saiyan. He quickly kills Goku Black, and ragdolls Zamasu around like nothing until Paragus calms him down and orders Broly to capture him. There, they kill the gods with Zamasu as help, and Universe 7 (or all Universes) are under the rule of Lord Paragus, controlling the remains of the Frieza force and with Broly and Zamasu as his servants.

2. Trunks doesn't mention Vegeta, they join forces, with Trunks giving them a nice life on earth. They defeat Babidi like normal, until Goku Black comes. Trunks has influenced Broly a lot and even trained with him. Broly now barely listens to Paragus at all and has destroyed the control device, and the training over the years has brought him to even above his level of power in canon. They obliterate Goku Black, imprison Zamasu, force Paragus to leave with a threat to kill him if he returns to Capsule Corp, and they live happily until the TOP. Then, Broly practically solos the entire tournament, with not even Jiren standing a chance. Eventually, they catch the attention of Beerus and Whis, and Trunks and Broly train under Whis.

This might be my craziest what if yet: What if when Goku hit his head, something happened to his brain which allowed him to fight with less thought and have MUCH easier access to Ultra Instinct, which gets the attention of Whis? In addition in this what if, to help him fight Raditz, Whis used his Rewind time to briefly bring in 5 other Goku's (only for a split second) to do the god ritual, and at the exact moment the ritual happens, Raditz attacks the main Goku, triggering Ultra Instinct for the first time right as he gains Super Saiyan God, stacking them on top of one another. What happens in the Saiyan arc through Super?

As for power, I would say that Goku in his unique Godly Ultra Instinct would be around Final Form Namek Frieza in the beginning while he's still getting used to the power, before spiking up to Bootenks-Boohan level towards the end of the form's first use.

Hmmm, I may write a what if fanfic about this, it really interests me for some reason. :think: Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:28 am

What if Freeza actually listened to Goku's advice on Namek?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:41 pm

What if Vegeta was able to use SSJ3 after taking the Majin boost? How would the rest of the Buu arc play out?
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:49 pm

ruler9871 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:41 pm What if Vegeta was able to use SSJ3 after taking the Majin boost? How would the rest of the Buu arc play out?
I think that everything would progress much faster than before. With the combined might of two SSJ3s, Buu wouldn't stand much of a chance. I am not even sure if Gotenks would be a thing. I guess that Gohan's potential unlocking would still occur, because he did have the most potential afterall, however, if we reached the Super Buu battle climax, then Buuhan (wit Goten and Trunks absorbed, but not Gotenks) would probably fight with Goku and Vegeta.

Would they fuse into Vegito? Perhaps. But I kinda had a wild thought of Buugeta becoming a thing. That would live Goku with even less options, from the original.

OR the fight with Kid Buu wouldn't have required the Spirit Bomb. It gets wilder in the BoG arc, but no a short extent. I mean, we could get that hypothetical SSJ3 Vegito against Beerus. Who knows?
P O W E R

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:56 pm

Here's a pretty interesting What If. What if Goku landed in the Hidden Leaf Village during Kurama's attack, became Oozaru, and was actually sealed inside of Naruto?

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:54 am

What if one of the big plot twists of the Android(Cyborg)/Cell saga was

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:29 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:54 am What if one of the big plot twists of the Android(Cyborg)/Cell saga was
That is interesting What-if. I think that everything would probably progress the same way it did in the anime and manga, however when Trunks reveals that, his father would probably suffer a small crisi as to who his son truly is, while the others would be initially suprised but would understand Trunks' position. Vegeta would as well, eventually. However, with the Androids holding no grudges against Trunks (as they didn't know him) they could potentially try to get close to him and convince him to change sides. Trunks would refuse and we could get a similar fashion fight like the one between Piccolo and 17, only to be interupted by Cell and for things to go on the same way. All I can see is a bit more emotion in the story and more character development for Trunks.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:56 pm Here's a pretty interesting What If. What if Goku landed in the Hidden Leaf Village during Kurama's attack, became Oozaru, and was actually sealed inside of Naruto?
Lol, no comment
P O W E R

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:42 am

Here is another What-if.

Say that Cooler is brought back into Cannon. We have Goku and Vegeta being allies and friends with Broly, Freeza on his own while trying to corrupt Broly and Cooler, as he would hate the Saiyans and his brother.

Who could be a potential ally for Cooler? (He has Golden form). I place my bets on Frost. Yes, he was betrayed by Freeza, wants power and Cooler is the best ally he could get. What about in-universe 7 characters though?
P O W E R

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:52 am

^ I think Frost is the most likely candidate to be an ally to Cooler cause I'm sure he would despise Freeza for betraying him in the Tournament of Power and since Cooler hates his brother, I'm sure he and Frost would get along perfectly.

New GT What If:
What If Vegeta was also wished into a kid along with Goku by the Black Star Dragon Balls?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:10 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:52 am ^ I think Frost is the most likely candidate to be an ally to Cooler cause I'm sure he would despise Freeza for betraying him in the Tournament of Power and since Cooler hates his brother, I'm sure he and Frost would get along perfectly.

New GT What If:
What If Vegeta was also wished into a kid along with Goku by the Black Star Dragon Balls?
Lol an interesting concept. Well, I guess that we would get the same adventures as in GT, but with a different, more childish tone to them. Of course Vegeta would be at an even greater disadvantage than Goku with his size being decreased, however he would probably have a major role in the Black Star Dragon Balls Saga, as he would also want to be wished back (which he possibly would, through Baby's control). That is how far I can see this concept go, but it would make the first arc of GT much more enjoyable with kids Goku and Vegeta interacting with pne another.
P O W E R

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat May 04, 2019 2:09 pm

What if Hit trained under Vados? Sorry if this was asked already.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:09 am

What if Goku didn't kill Grandpa Gohan when he turn Oozaru?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:30 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:09 pm What if Hit trained under Vados? Sorry if this was asked already.
He’d be pretty strong, especially since he is a dedicated fighter. He might unlock UI omen. That with the time-skip, he’d be pretty broken.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:33 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:09 am What if Goku didn't kill Grandpa Gohan when he turn Oozaru?
Goku might become a slightly smarter man. Maybe learns of his saiyan origins or the fact that he is an alien during DB. Gohan assist him in his adventures in Dragon ball. Dies, either around Piccolo Sr or beginning of Z. Maybe motivates Goku to be become a better father figure to his step grandson.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:50 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:09 pm What if Hit trained under Vados? Sorry if this was asked already.
Hit, like Goku and Vegeta would probably not become a user of the energy of destruction like Toppo. I can see him upgrading his Time Skip to an amazing level though. 1-2 or even 3 entire seconds. His raw power would also increase even more than it did when he simply trained alone and faced Goku again.

More techniques would be a welcome thing, and a better use of his improvement and pure progress methods would be amazing as well. I cannot see him fighting against Jiren with much more ease, but with his Time Cage, he would probably dish Jiren out of the ring with rumble flying around, only for the latter to unleash more power and start jumping on the debris to re-enter the stage and make sure that Hit was eliminated. He should have a mastery of all of his abilities by now with godly training and could reach a lebmvel of strength of KK Blue, in the anime at least.
Berserker1921 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:33 am
Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:09 am What if Goku didn't kill Grandpa Gohan when he turn Oozaru?
Goku might become a slightly smarter man. Maybe learns of his saiyan origins or the fact that he is an alien during DB. Gohan assist him in his adventures in Dragon ball. Dies, either around Piccolo Sr or beginning of Z. Maybe motivates Goku to be become a better father figure to his step grandson.
I am inclined to agree on this. I guess that Goku could also start his martial arts career and little earlier, plus he could become a student to Roshi with his grandad's instructions. Of course, I doubt that Gohan would be alive after DB, but he would probably meet with Chi Chi and his great grandson. Gohan killed by Piccolo could force Goku into a rage state or in a false SSJ state earlier too. Pure speculation.
P O W E R