"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noitsnothim
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed May 08, 2019 5:16 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:32 pm With the voice files there's a rumour going around that SS4 will be an alternate skin for SS1 Goku. The timing of the x10 kamehameha dialogue fits with SS1 Goku's SS3 kamehameha level 3. Considering the SS4 model is already in the game along with those voice files, it might not be that crazy of an idea. They know modders will do it anyway, so perhaps they'll beat them to it, and maybe give SS1 Vegeta the same treatment. And perhaps Gogeta Blue when he drops.
that sounds really lazy especially if they don't create new hit boxes and stuff for the skin

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed May 08, 2019 6:19 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm True but reason I said that is because while looking at the updated roster in the game there's a space below Base Vegeta and where they placed Goku (GT) was under base Goku (I know it's dumb to assume cause of that) but it would make sense
They placed Goku on the good guy's side, leaving space for a bad guy on the right. SS4 Vegeta isn't a bad guy

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed May 08, 2019 6:19 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:49 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 am Don't quote me on this But I think the next DLC releasing after GT Goku Is SS4 Vegeta (GT)
If they added SSJ4 Vegeta, who didn't do anything in series, along kid Goku with SSJ4 only for dragon fist, people would get MAD lol.
True but reason I said that is because while looking at the updated roster in the game there's a space below Base Vegeta and where they placed Goku (GT) was under base Goku (I know it's dumb to assume cause of that) but it would make sense
It might be Baby Vegeta as well, it's more likely than SSJ4 Vegeta imo
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu May 09, 2019 2:20 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:49 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 am Don't quote me on this But I think the next DLC releasing after GT Goku Is SS4 Vegeta (GT)
If they added SSJ4 Vegeta, who didn't do anything in series, along kid Goku with SSJ4 only for dragon fist, people would get MAD lol.
True but reason I said that is because while looking at the updated roster in the game there's a space below Base Vegeta and where they placed Goku (GT) was under base Goku (I know it's dumb to assume cause of that) but it would make sense
I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw GT Goku under Saiyan Saga Goku.I'm leaning more towards the next DLC being some kind of Vegeta. (Majin/GT/Baby)

90sDBZ wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:32 pm With the voice files there's a rumour going around that SS4 will be an alternate skin for SS1 Goku. The timing of the x10 kamehameha dialogue fits with SS1 Goku's SS3 kamehameha level 3. Considering the SS4 model is already in the game along with those voice files, it might not be that crazy of an idea. They know modders will do it anyway, so perhaps they'll beat them to it, and maybe give SS1 Vegeta the same treatment. And perhaps Gogeta Blue when he drops.
That would be awesome. I really like SSJ4 Goku but while his design is awesome he doesn't have any unique moves except for perhaps the x10 Kamehameha which is basically more an upgrade than a new move.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu May 09, 2019 2:32 am

Oh god at this point I really hope they did, that'd be hysterical to me.

The odds of getting a 9th variation of Goku is probably not realistic but a 5th variation of Vegeta is still possible. That'd just be too good.

I'd have to come back and give it some shit just so that guy would pop up and have another go at me.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu May 09, 2019 2:44 am

We don't have too many possible Goku's left I think.
  • Xeno Goku (not likely as he's not that well known)
  • UI Goku (could be a possibility)
  • OG Dragonball Goku (not likely seeing as how they took elements of DB Goku and gave them to GT Goku
  • SSJ4 Gogeta (not very likely with Gogeta Blue coming out soon)
That's it I think?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu May 09, 2019 3:31 am

Jord wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:44 am We don't have too many possible Goku's left I think.
  • OG Dragonball Goku (not likely seeing as how they took elements of DB Goku and gave them to GT Goku
That's it I think?
if we wanted SS4 Goku as a playable character in Fighterz it'd have to be Goku: Xeno ss4

then again it'd make sense if it was majin vegeta (considering Videl comes from the buu saga) so does prince of darkness vegeta

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu May 09, 2019 4:58 am

So I've playing with Goku GT for some time now and he's a really fun character. Really fast with diverse attacks. I like how his super attacks change depending on how many team members you have left. Putting the dragon fist as his ultimate was really smart. Even though it's the "Super 17 version" with Goku launching a Kamehameha after it still looks really good when you pick the alternate OG orange Dragonball GI. It's the best of both worlds for me.

And yes, SSJ4 isn't an install and just a animation but honestly...I'm not too bothered. With the high probability of SSJ4 Goku coming as a SSJ1 Goku skin I'm glad this Goku is just little Goku all the way with his unique attacks. If I want to play as SSJ4 I would like to just select him and not start as a different character and arbitrarily have to struggle to attain that form.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:18 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:31 am
Jord wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:44 am We don't have too many possible Goku's left I think.
That's it I think?
if we wanted SS4 Goku as a playable character in Fighterz it'd have to be Goku: Xeno ss4

then again it'd make sense if it was majin vegeta (considering Videl comes from the buu saga) so does prince of darkness vegeta
Videl from the Buu Saga is justified in that she is a hero to the people, like how Jiren is a hero. If they were going with 'Buu Saga' theyd have released them together.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu May 09, 2019 6:00 am

The problem with guessing is that you can ' read' the character screen multiple ways:
  • GT Goku is placed beneath Saiyan Saga Goku so the next character will be a (GT?) Vegeta.
  • The empty space between Saiyan Saga Vegeta is in a row with movie characters so it will be a movie character (Janemba)
However datamined voice tracks from SSJ4 goku reveal him talking to Vegeta with lines from his fight with Baby Vegeta.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 am

There are commentator images of Caulifla and Kale available, there's a possibility that the next one will be Kefla

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu May 09, 2019 6:23 am

mute_proxy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 am There are commentator images of Caulifla and Kale available, there's a possibility that the next one will be Kefla
link ???

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu May 09, 2019 6:23 am

Here's a video showing just how well the SS4 dialogue lines up with SS1 Goku's level 3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... at_theory/

It just seems to fit too well to be a coincidence. Maybe it's their way of appeasing those of us who were disappointed about not getting the install. I'd be all for it myself. It would let us play as SS4 Goku without taking up yet another character slot.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu May 09, 2019 6:25 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:23 am
mute_proxy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 am There are commentator images of Caulifla and Kale available, there's a possibility that the next one will be Kefla
link ???

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 am

90sDBZ wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:23 am Here's a video showing just how well the SS4 dialogue lines up with SS1 Goku's level 3.

It just seems to fit too well to be a coincidence. Maybe it's their way of appeasing those of us who were disappointed about not getting the install. I'd be all for it myself. It would let us play as SS4 Goku without taking up yet another character slot.
I find the whole situation a bit strange. From the hyping up of GT Goku's "Mystery special" that was so special that it would be featured in the next V-Jump to the voice files found. It doesn't add up. Yes, seeing SSJ4 Goku in the cinematic is awesome but it clearly isn't worth the hype. The voice files show that there is/was more in store for SSJ4 Goku. Something doesn't add up.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu May 09, 2019 6:37 am

Jord wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 am
90sDBZ wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:23 am Here's a video showing just how well the SS4 dialogue lines up with SS1 Goku's level 3.

I find the whole situation a bit strange. From the hyping up of GT Goku's "Mystery special" that was so special that it would be featured in the next V-Jump to the voice files found. It doesn't add up. Yes, seeing SSJ4 Goku in the cinematic is awesome but it clearly isn't worth the hype. The voice files show that there is/was more in store for SSJ4 Goku. Something doesn't add up.
Some people think it was intended to be an install, but was scrapped possibly due to time constraints. If that were the case then they could always add the install later as an update. With the hype/backlash surrounding the situation, it would be a real wasted opportunity not to do something. As it stands GT Goku is still a fun character to play, but SS4 as an install would have taken the hype to another level (literally!).

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu May 09, 2019 10:46 am

90sDBZ wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:37 am
Jord wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 am

Some people think it was intended to be an install, but was scrapped possibly due to time constraints. If that were the case then they could always add the install later as an update. With the hype/backlash surrounding the situation, it would be a real wasted opportunity not to do something. As it stands GT Goku is still a fun character to play, but SS4 as an install would have taken the hype to another level (literally!).
That could be but I wonder if May 9th would be such a hard date that they couldn't just release Goku later and just release the other stuff we got this week for "Goku day". I'm also not very familiar with Arc system games is there a character in previous games with an install that changes his or her hit boxes and stuff seeing as how Goku would grow and basically become another character instead of variation?

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:47 am

Jord wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:00 am The problem with guessing is that you can ' read' the character screen multiple ways:
  • GT Goku is placed beneath Saiyan Saga Goku so the next character will be a (GT?) Vegeta.
  • The empty space between Saiyan Saga Vegeta is in a row with movie characters so it will be a movie character (Janemba)
However datamined voice tracks from SSJ4 goku reveal him talking to Vegeta with lines from his fight with Baby Vegeta.
Well that doesn't mean much, Jiren has lines from his fight with UI Goku, but he won't be in the game.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:48 am

mute_proxy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:25 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:23 am
link ???
It's Kefla then.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu May 09, 2019 10:57 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:47 am
Jord wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:00 am The problem with guessing is that you can ' read' the character screen multiple ways:
Well that doesn't mean much, Jiren has lines from his fight with UI Goku, but he won't be in the game.
Oh wow, I didn't know about that one. That's pretty cool. Are there more characters with an excess of lines in Fighterz?

BTW, love how you know can choose for a ''Random opponents' route in Arcade. Makes that mode a whole lot more fun.