"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 am

https://www.db-tour.com/ Incase if anyone wondering

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu May 09, 2019 8:40 am

vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 am https://www.db-tour.com/ Incase if anyone wondering
I had no idea there was already a website about it.
It’s the same event as last year so it will most likely still be from July to December. It makes sense considering how there’s no date for it yet.
I am sure that if no show is on the air by the time the event begins that they will announce it during this event and show various trailers, designs etcetera there as they did last year with Broly’s movie.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 8:43 am

emperior wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:40 am
vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 am https://www.db-tour.com/ Incase if anyone wondering
I had no idea there was already a website about it.
It’s the same event as last year so it will most likely still be from July to December. It makes sense considering how there’s no date for it yet.
I am sure that if no show is on the air by the time the event begins that they will announce it during this event and show various trailers, designs etcetera there as they did last year with Broly’s movie.
San Diego is first stop plus SDCC isn’t until July 18-21... I can’t remember where broly movie was announce

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 09, 2019 8:57 am

Delaying the series until October has always been my hope so the idea of waiting until then simply so they can continue to air one episode of Dragon Ball Super a week on some foreign networks until it reaches #131 would be okay with me so long as it insured the quality of the next series.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 9:16 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:57 am Delaying the series until October has always been my hope so the idea of waiting until then simply so they can continue to air one episode of Dragon Ball Super a week on some foreign networks until it reaches #131 would be okay with me so long as it insured the quality of the next series.
I don’t think they gonna wait for others to finish ... lo

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu May 09, 2019 9:16 am

Ugh.

This whole thing is getting annoying at this point. With all due respect to Ajay and Geekdom, at what point do we as a fandom admit that either they or their sources were lying? Believe me, I'm sure Super will come back some day, but I'm sorry, there's no way it's in July. And yes, there could have been a change of plans, but if there was, Ajay or Geekdom would have heard about it by now, no?
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 9:32 am

PremiumSalt wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:16 am And yes, there could have been a change of plans, but if there was, Ajay or Geekdom would have heard about it by now, no?
You are absolutely right. I want to add on to this and say them turning on their sources feels like an easy damage control/escape answer that falls flat when you realize they let themselves be tricked for a year and a half.

Their excuses are getting repetitive too. "This is very strange" "This is odd" "Kinda weird" I probably got these wrong but they're similar enough :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I'm obviously desperate for an announcement so against my better judgement I'll believe them until late May. I'll even stick around after that because I want to see their excuse.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 am

I don’t care right now if one of you guys friend of ajay or geekdom101 you best tell them come in here check this out lol - I’m sure as hell they’ll find an excuse to save their “Pilar of community”, “legacy” “YouTube fame” bullshit I don’t care any of that if you don’t have something to say if hiding fact you might have fuck up after lie or gonna tell us you got blind side lol

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am

1. something about license going on with Toei?
2. July 100% coming on TV (According to Ajay, Geek, Yonkou)
3. I haven't heard from Geek / Ajay talk about recent update lately since week ago about Akira interview + 1 about news for DBS a month ago (I'm not counting most recent YT he made)
4. Who is Yonkou guy? He mention 7.7.19, but someone mention to believe could be July 7 or 14 that possibly one of those date to be on TV 5. this is like game of throne where I saw ep 5 + 6 leak and has 3 different source I read and it look similar but wording differently it crazy man I don't even know what to believe in one of those source.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_XCfKAGps this most recent I haven't seen now going watch it.
Edit 1: Ok he said he got 13 different source production + couple of VA told him it being work and specifically return in July but nothing about announcement - so there is that.
Last edited by vashter on Thu May 09, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 am

vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am 1. something about license going on with Toei?
I'm on my phone and finding the quote is going to be a huge hassle. You'll find it if you skim through page 37-38. It seems like May 14th is the deadline of when something might happen but I could be wrong though. I was half asleep when I read it.

vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am 2. July 100% coming on TV (According to Ajay, Geek, Yonkou)
4. Who is Yonkou guy? He mention 7.7.19, but someone mention to believe could be July 7 or 14 that possibly one of those date to be on TV 5. this is like game of throne where I saw ep 5 + 6 leak and has 3 different source I read and it look similar but wording differently it crazy man I don't even know what to believe in one of those source.
I read abit of Yonkou's tweets. He's been wrong about a lot of things. I also heard he was wrong about either black clover or OPM. Or both.
vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am 2. July 100% coming on TV (According to Ajay, Geek, Yonkou)
I think they said it was being announced in July. I'm not sure though.
vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am 3. I haven't heard from Geek / Ajay talk about recent update lately since week ago about Akira interview + 1 about news for DBS a month ago (I'm not counting most recent YT he made)
Whenever I make a bad argument or am wrong about something important I usually like to avoid people for a day or two until I'm ready to face it. They could be doing exactly that. Or maybe I'm just not giving them enough credit and they actually are consulting their sources.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 10:14 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 am
vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am 1. something about license going on with Toei?
I'm on my phone and finding the quote is going to be a huge hassle. You'll find it if you skim through page 37-38. It seems like May 14th is the deadline of when something might happen but I could be wrong though. I was half asleep when I read it.

I read abit of Yonkou's tweets. He's been wrong about a lot of things. I also heard he was wrong about either black clover or OPM. Or both.
I think they said it was being announced in July. I'm not sure though.
vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am 3. I haven't heard from Geek / Ajay talk about recent update lately since week ago about Akira interview + 1 about news for DBS a month ago (I'm not counting most recent YT he made)
Whenever I make a bad argument or am wrong about something important I usually like to avoid people for a day or two until I'm ready to face it. They could be doing exactly that. Or maybe I'm just not giving them enough credit and they actually are consulting their sources.
I just made a small edit before you quote me lol 8)

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am

I don't have anything to say, really. I'm as upset and confused as you all are. I even reached out once again just the other day to be sure, and was once again told definitively July. Heck, they even spoke about the damn character sheets. I don't understand, but at this point, all I can do is apologise for reporting on what appears to be untrue. I cannot fathom a marketing plan that would announce anything later than today, so all my expectations are dead.

I just don't get why 1. Toei told licencors to prepare in April, and then nothing happened, and why 2. 15 different independent people working at a Toei branch would all say July, and for nothing to be announced at this point. These are people I verified work where they work! They even gave me genga from Dragon Ball Super Broly!

You're under no obligation to show me any sympathy, and I certainly wouldn't blame you if you chose not to listen to any news I talk about in the future. If I were in your position, I probably wouldn't either.

I'm not here to mislead anyone for clicks, attention, or whatever sinister excuse you can think of. I'm first and foremost a Dragon Ball fan, and wanted to share the excitement for a new series I was told definitively was coming. So once again, I can only apologise.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 10:25 am

Ajay wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am I don't have anything to say, really. I'm as upset and confused as you all are. I even reached out once again just the other day to be sure, and was once again told definitively July. Heck, they even spoke about the damn character sheets. I don't understand, but at this point, all I can do is apologise for reporting on what appears to be untrue. I cannot fathom a marketing plan that would announce anything later than today, so all my expectations are dead.

I just don't get why 1. Toei told licencors to prepare to April, and then nothing happened, and why 2. 15 different independent people working at a Toei branch would all say July, and for nothing to be announced at this point. These are people I verified work where they work! They even gave me genga from Dragon Ball Super Broly!

You're under no obligation to show me any sympathy, and I certainly wouldn't blame you if you chose not to listen to any news I talk about in the future. If I were in your position, I probably wouldn't either.

I'm not here to mislead anyone for clicks, attention, or whatever sinister excuse you can think of. I'm first and foremost a Dragon Ball fan, and wanted to share the excitement for a new series I was told definitively was coming. So once again, I can only apologise.
It cool, this whole Toei bullshit is just kinda of out of hand lol they were the one leak entire broly movie including Gogeta but keeping Anime in safe lock? that bit crazy, yea I just NOW saw Geekdom101 mention 13 production source + couple of VA told him being in work and specifically coming in July - I know you did said that too that 13-15 is pretty high instead of just 1 so I don't think they would lie to you guys - that another new to me to learn this today. This is like very similar to game of throne ep 5-6 leak going on last couple days and people going crazy and dont know what to believe lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 09, 2019 10:34 am

Ajay wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am I don't have anything to say, really. I'm as upset and confused as you all are. I even reached out once again just the other day to be sure, and was once again told definitively July. I'm not here to mislead anyone for clicks, attention, or whatever sinister excuse you can think of. I'm first and foremost a Dragon Ball fan, and wanted to share the excitement for a new series I was told definitively was coming. So once again, I can only apologise.
You don't have anything to apologise for. Like I said before, you're just telling us what's being told to you. It being right or wrong is completely out of your hands.

It still may air in July, just without much marketing. Could it be that they plan to announce it a week or 2 ahead of when it's supposed to air and just leave it at that ? Super 0.1's announcement was very underwhelming so nothing would surprise me.
Last edited by sintzu on Thu May 09, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 10:36 am

Ajay wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am I don't have anything to say, really. I'm as upset and confused as you all are. I even reached out once again just the other day to be sure, and was once again told definitively July. Heck, they even spoke about the damn character sheets. I don't understand, but at this point, all I can do is apologise for reporting on what appears to be untrue. I cannot fathom a marketing plan that would announce anything later than today, so all my expectations are dead.

I just don't get why 1. Toei told licencors to prepare to April, and then nothing happened, and why 2. 15 different independent people working at a Toei branch would all say July, and for nothing to be announced at this point. These are people I verified work where they work! They even gave me genga from Dragon Ball Super Broly!

Well your picture looks true enough.

Can you reach your sources again and ask what happened?

Edit: Who's signature is that

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu May 09, 2019 11:03 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:36 am Edit: Who's signature is that
It's just frame notation so that they can ensure everything's in the correct order.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 11:06 am

does anyone want to tell me what going on on May 14th? I been hearing it somewhere in last hour, only one I know for now something about deadline... assuming it has to do with license agreement in Toei? I must be missing something.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 11:07 am

vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:06 am does anyone want to tell me what going on on May 14th? I been hearing it somewhere in last hour, only one I know for now something about deadline... assuming it has to do with license agreement in Toei? I must be missing something.
emperior wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:08 am Image

Bandai Namco’s financial report for fiscal year 2019 (which went from April 1st 2018 to March 31st 2019) is out.
Dragon Ball sales greatly exceed their expectations (the initial forecast was of 80.0 billion yen) making 39.5% of their sales. It’s impressive how it almost makes half of their money, and it’s getting bigger and bigger each year with no signs of slowing down.
Forecasts for fiscal year 2020 are less conservative than usual, possibly because they know of a new TV show coming during this fiscal year. Well, the numbers above alone are telling of how big and important Dragon Ball is (and it’s not only for Bandai Namco but for all other companies involved with it), and we need no leak to understand that these companies would want their biggest money maker to get back on air as soon as possible to continue profiting off it - and, mind you, Dragon Ball was basically a dying franchise financially wise until Super came out, despite of DB Kai and the movies.

On May 14th Toei will be releasing their financial report for fiscal year 2019 alongside their forecasts for next year and their plans of developing their IPs, with detailed planning up until Q2 2020, which ends on September 30th (that’s what they always do).

If the Toei report doesn’t have anything about a new Dragon Ball show, then I will be losing hopes for the show coming back in July - even though it would make the most sense, and I absolutely trust Ajay, Geekdom and the other guys who have been leaking stuff regarding the continuation of Super’s TV show.
I was told about the licensors event in Bologna myself by a source who attended it, whom I know for sure is a licensor in Italy and who told me that, during the conference back in April, it was said Super would be coming back on TV in July.

Plans can change for whatever reason, of course, and we shouldn’t know any of these things so it’s perfectly fine for people to be sceptical. I’m sure that if there wasn’t still some scheduling, arrangements, deals etcetera going on behind the scenes that they would have already announced something regarding Dragon Ball’s future. If they aren’t comfortable talking about it at all it means there’s a lot of stuff that hasn’t been finalised yet. Maybe it’s because of the time slot? As the timeslot Super used to air in is now occupied by Kitaro, which is getting another season and doesn’t look like it will be ending anytime soon, and surely not in July. Or maybe it’s because this time around they are willing to have the show coming out later to have a better product and to release it as soon as possible in other countries.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:07 am

I think changing back the OP title to "speculation thread" would definitely be more appropriate. I believe it was changed before the server reboot.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 11:13 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:07 am
vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:06 am does anyone want to tell me what going on on May 14th? I been hearing it somewhere in last hour, only one I know for now something about deadline... assuming it has to do with license agreement in Toei? I must be missing something.
emperior wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:08 am Image

Bandai Namco’s financial report for fiscal year 2019 (which went from April 1st 2018 to March 31st 2019) is out.
Dragon Ball sales greatly exceed their expectations (the initial forecast was of 80.0 billion yen) making 39.5% of their sales. It’s impressive how it almost makes half of their money, and it’s getting bigger and bigger each year with no signs of slowing down.
Forecasts for fiscal year 2020 are less conservative than usual, possibly because they know of a new TV show coming during this fiscal year. Well, the numbers above alone are telling of how big and important Dragon Ball is (and it’s not only for Bandai Namco but for all other companies involved with it), and we need no leak to understand that these companies would want their biggest money maker to get back on air as soon as possible to continue profiting off it - and, mind you, Dragon Ball was basically a dying franchise financially wise until Super came out, despite of DB Kai and the movies.

On May 14th Toei will be releasing their financial report for fiscal year 2019 alongside their forecasts for next year and their plans of developing their IPs, with detailed planning up until Q2 2020, which ends on September 30th (that’s what they always do).

If the Toei report doesn’t have anything about a new Dragon Ball show, then I will be losing hopes for the show coming back in July - even though it would make the most sense, and I absolutely trust Ajay, Geekdom and the other guys who have been leaking stuff regarding the continuation of Super’s TV show.
I was told about the licensors event in Bologna myself by a source who attended it, whom I know for sure is a licensor in Italy and who told me that, during the conference back in April, it was said Super would be coming back on TV in July.

Plans can change for whatever reason, of course, and we shouldn’t know any of these things so it’s perfectly fine for people to be sceptical. I’m sure that if there wasn’t still some scheduling, arrangements, deals etcetera going on behind the scenes that they would have already announced something regarding Dragon Ball’s future. If they aren’t comfortable talking about it at all it means there’s a lot of stuff that hasn’t been finalised yet. Maybe it’s because of the time slot? As the timeslot Super used to air in is now occupied by Kitaro, which is getting another season and doesn’t look like it will be ending anytime soon, and surely not in July. Or maybe it’s because this time around they are willing to have the show coming out later to have a better product and to release it as soon as possible in other countries.
Hmmm that number look high as hell, the higher the better?