"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Nokra » Thu May 09, 2019 4:55 pm

What a surprise. Nothing got announced just like I knew it wouldn't. Its time to face the facts: People are being misled and the show isn't returning anytime soon. Although, I am getting a good laugh out of this fan war happening in this thread. Keep it up :thumbup:

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Nokra wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:55 pm What a surprise. Nothing got announced just like I knew it wouldn't. Its time to face the facts: People are being misled and the show isn't returning anytime soon. Although, I am getting a good laugh out of this fan war happening in this thread. Keep it up :thumbup:
I mean there is a slight of drama going on with Ajay and Geek, at least Ajay came in here said something...

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu May 09, 2019 6:21 pm

Ajay wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am I don't have anything to say, really. I'm as upset and confused as you all are. I even reached out once again just the other day to be sure, and was once again told definitively July. Heck, they even spoke about the damn character sheets. I don't understand, but at this point, all I can do is apologise for reporting on what appears to be untrue. I cannot fathom a marketing plan that would announce anything later than today, so all my expectations are dead.

I just don't get why 1. Toei told licencors to prepare to April, and then nothing happened, and why 2. 15 different independent people working at a Toei branch would all say July, and for nothing to be announced at this point. These are people I verified work where they work! They even gave me genga from Dragon Ball Super Broly!

You're under no obligation to show me any sympathy, and I certainly wouldn't blame you if you chose not to listen to any news I talk about in the future. If I were in your position, I probably wouldn't either.

I'm not here to mislead anyone for clicks, attention, or whatever sinister excuse you can think of. I'm first and foremost a Dragon Ball fan, and wanted to share the excitement for a new series I was told definitively was coming. So once again, I can only apologise.
We know. But I did get suspicious when no mysterious merchandise was shown like UI Goku and Gogeta. Even odder, no merchandise for Moro.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:50 pm

vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:00 pm
PFM18 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:45 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:33 pm The 14th is less than a week from now. What do we do if nothing happens?
Cry. Like a lot.

But I only speak for myself
vashter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:21 pm

How they can be wrong? when 13-15 + couple of VA told them? How can you create a context that never fucking exist? explain that... that bit high numbers right there, they didn't come here to make this bullshit up...they did what they were TOLD that is ALL I'm just going say this one more time to you personally to you and many others who going repeat this... Geek made a YT video just BEFORE Goku Day came in said same SIMILAR situation as Ajay just told us today within an hour ago, what the hell you want more from them? what they can do for you? they can't do much.
Like I said, I don't care why the sources would be wrong because it doesn't matter. I only care that it appears that they are ultimately wrong. I am not the type to be speculating what could have gone wrong in this entire process, just one to see that looking at this situation objectively it looks very unlikely for a July return of DBS. Like I said, I am not accusing them of making this shit up, I am only acknowledging that it is unlikely that their information is correct at this point.

You most likely did not see Ajay post in here for last few hours he just mention he ask them again two days before Goku day came in, all they told him "July", THEY told him.... are you IMPLYING he saying that? we have until May 14th to find out this... RELAX and stop being such a emo, if announcement come around the corner... lol eventually you might take note now, let me tell you something... I believe between March-April (?) there was a website mention Toei Entertainment is really in the work of dragon ball super 2.0... until Toei saw that website told them change it, Toei is just going denying it many as they want until the right time it get announcement however, it has been pre-production since last October of 2018 they been working on it 7-8 month so far.. when dragon super came back to life with battle of god and all that, they barely had 2 month Pre-production and ep 5 collapse all together - I heard Akira saw that and got real pissed off about it and demand to fix it.... sit back and time will tell you if those TWO said it coming July coming from 13-15 source + bunch of VA - why the fuck that look like a lie? that nearly impossible to lie with that many telling them
I saw Ajay's post. Look dude, I'm just skeptical. And I have every reason to be considering that we have seen at least 3 dates now that were suspected to be the announcement that have come and gone already? We apparently have the series coming in July but the only word we have heard from Toei is that they have no plans for a return. Frankly, the marketing for this thing should be in full-swing by now and yet we have absolutely nothing. I'm worried at this point.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Thu May 09, 2019 7:00 pm

emperior wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm I find it funny how some people act like we wouldn’t be here expecting an announcement anytime, leaks or not.

Realistically, what would have changed had Ajay, Geekdom and co. not talked about anything at all? I tell you, we would be here hyping up dates regardless and speculating about whether or not they will be announcing something for the future of animated DB, whether it’s a new movie or new show.

I think some people have taken this too personally. Nobody forced you to watch Geekdom’s videos, nobody forced you to believe the leaks, nobody forced you to read Ajay’s tweets, nobody forced you to read this thread if you find it pointless.

I actually find this thread needed because speculation and discussion about Super’s continuation would have arisen regardless so it’s better to just have one single thread to discuss it instead of having countless of different ones.
Actually it would have been preferable if the hyping up of dates stuck to forums, that way nobody would make any money through hyping up people in a video platform. Forums are a place for this kind of discussion, but the ethics of using YouTube and it's ad revenue to generate through manipulating fans? No good.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:02 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:00 pm
emperior wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm I find it funny how some people act like we wouldn’t be here expecting an announcement anytime, leaks or not.

Realistically, what would have changed had Ajay, Geekdom and co. not talked about anything at all? I tell you, we would be here hyping up dates regardless and speculating about whether or not they will be announcing something for the future of animated DB, whether it’s a new movie or new show.

I think some people have taken this too personally. Nobody forced you to watch Geekdom’s videos, nobody forced you to believe the leaks, nobody forced you to read Ajay’s tweets, nobody forced you to read this thread if you find it pointless.

I actually find this thread needed because speculation and discussion about Super’s continuation would have arisen regardless so it’s better to just have one single thread to discuss it instead of having countless of different ones.
Actually it would have been preferable if the hyping up of dates stuck to forums, that way nobody would make any money through hyping up people in a video platform. Forums are a place for this kind of discussion, but the ethics of using YouTube and it's ad revenue to generate through manipulating fans? No good.
Wait, those two were actually making money for this? I knew something was up. I was always wondering "Where are these so called sources" and "Weird..If these two really are lying then why are they still sticking to it after being proven wrong?" the fact that these guys make money off of these videos is an answer to this.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Thu May 09, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 09, 2019 7:03 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Wait, those two were actually making money for this? I knew something was up.
Making money from discussion videos isn't illegal, no matter the validity of info in the video.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:04 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:03 pm

Wait, those two were actually making money for this? I knew something was up.
Making money from discussion videos isn't illegal, no matter the validity of info in the video.
Yeah I realized that as my post was loading which is why I edited it.

It's still a scummy thing to do.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 09, 2019 7:11 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:00 pmActually it would have been preferable if the hyping up of dates stuck to forums, that way nobody would make any money through hyping up people in a video platform.
Anything Ajay and Geekdom put up on Youtube is going to get a lot of views so I highly doubt they did those videos for that reason. I understand fans aren't happy with the wait but to blame the people trying to make it easier for us makes no sense at all. Anytime Ajay or Geekdom said something they made sure to tell us to take it with a grain of salt so we knew from the start there was a chance their soruces could've been wrong.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 pm

I don’t have trouble with Ajay and Geekdom at all, I hope they won’t get discouraged and will keep on. Only thing that makes my gears grind are the fanatics around... same with the Vic Mignona thread, where some people take side with a sleazy perv or flat earthers.

You have the evidence, or the lack of it right before your nose, but “Nyaaaaah, Space_monster_unicorn said so on his channel!”

If Ajay is telling te truth and I don’t have any reason to not believe him, because it is his word and I respect that, he got duped huge time by whatever his sources are... or maybe, they were making Super but it got scrapped in the process, canceled or stopped and delayed? Who knows :)

Doesn’t matter.
Last edited by MCDaveG on Thu May 09, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:20 pm

sintzu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:11 pm Anything Ajay and Geekdom put up on Youtube is going to get a lot of views so I highly doubt they did those videos for that reason. I understand fans aren't happy with the wait but to blame the people trying to make it easier for us makes no sense at all. Anytime Ajay or Geekdom said something they made sure to tell us to take it with a grain of salt so we knew from the start there was a chance their soruces could've been wrong.
Really? I really remember people saying it was totally sure Super 2 will happen in July and their sources being pretty reliable.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't blame Ajay and Geekdom, I really think they have reliable sources and things could have changed. However, their leaks were treated as if these could not be wrong.
Last edited by Konja7 on Thu May 09, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:21 pm

sintzu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:11 pm
SaiyanTarzan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:00 pmActually it would have been preferable if the hyping up of dates stuck to forums, that way nobody would make any money through hyping up people in a video platform.
Anything Ajay and Geekdom put up on Youtube is going to get a lot of views so I highly doubt they did those videos for that reason. I understand fans aren't happy with the wait but to blame the people trying to make it easier for us makes no sense at all. Anytime Ajay or Geekdom said something they made sure to tell us to take it with a grain of salt so we knew from the start there was a chance their soruces could've been wrong.
But they've had their sources for a while. They let themselves be fooled for that long?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Konja7 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:20 pm
sintzu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:11 pm Anything Ajay and Geekdom put up on Youtube is going to get a lot of views so I highly doubt they did those videos for that reason. I understand fans aren't happy with the wait but to blame the people trying to make it easier for us makes no sense at all. Anytime Ajay or Geekdom said something they made sure to tell us to take it with a grain of salt so we knew from the start there was a chance their soruces could've been wrong.
Really? I really remember people sayimg it was totally sure Super 2 will happen in July and their sources being pretty reliable.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't blame Ajay and Geekdom, I really think they have reliable sources and things could have changed. However, their leaks were treated as if these could not be wrong.
Yeah, pretty much this... otherwise we won’t be arguing about this at all :)

It was pretty much “Super sequel is happening!” and lot of people across the net have got this info around as “inside sources have confirmed that Super is returning later this year”, we know the rest.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Konja7 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:20 pmReally? I really remember people sayimg it was totally sure Super 2 will happen in July and their sources being pretty reliable.

Geekdom and Ajay said they were told that Super would be back in July BUT to keep in mind the soruces could be wrong or a bit off. Some fans on the other hand took the first part and left out the second part which is why they're upset now.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:21 pmThey've had their sources for a while. They let themselves be fooled for that long?
Again, they never said Super returning was 100% fact. They were simply telling us what others told them and they made it clear that the soruce may not be accurate.
MCDaveG wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:24 pmIt was pretty much “Super sequel is happening!”.
That was how fans saw it while it was actually "we were told it was coming back but keep in mind things could change".
Last edited by sintzu on Thu May 09, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Thu May 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Wait, those two were actually making money for this? I knew something was up. I was always wondering "Where are these so called sources" and "Weird..If these two really are lying then why are they still sticking to it after being proven wrong?" the fact that these guys make money off of these videos is an answer to this.
Yeah I wouldn't include Ajay in there because he's only done one video on it but not others.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:50 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Yeah I wouldn't include Ajay in there because he's only done one video on it but not others.
My bad.

Can Ajay contact his sources again and ask what happened?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu May 09, 2019 7:58 pm

Ajay wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am I don't have anything to say, really. I'm as upset and confused as you all are. I even reached out once again just the other day to be sure, and was once again told definitively July. Heck, they even spoke about the damn character sheets. I don't understand, but at this point, all I can do is apologise for reporting on what appears to be untrue. I cannot fathom a marketing plan that would announce anything later than today, so all my expectations are dead.

I just don't get why 1. Toei told licencors to prepare to April, and then nothing happened, and why 2. 15 different independent people working at a Toei branch would all say July, and for nothing to be announced at this point. These are people I verified work where they work! They even gave me genga from Dragon Ball Super Broly!

You're under no obligation to show me any sympathy, and I certainly wouldn't blame you if you chose not to listen to any news I talk about in the future. If I were in your position, I probably wouldn't either.

I'm not here to mislead anyone for clicks, attention, or whatever sinister excuse you can think of. I'm first and foremost a Dragon Ball fan, and wanted to share the excitement for a new series I was told definitively was coming. So once again, I can only apologise.
Hey man don't feel bummed out if anything you're one of the most credible and closest sources of information when it comes to production stuff on Dragon Ball and I truly trust you (there's a reason they're pointing to July) 1. San Diego Comic Con is in July 2. Dragon Ball world tour part 2 (I guess?) will be heading there and I assume licencors from different types of stuff (presumably Merchandising & Video Games) will be there to showcase their stuff like they did last year...there was however a tweet floating around saying a teaser for 2uper would drop in Late may but that's not much to trust HOWEVER I do believe we will get a first glimpse of 2uper @ San Diego Comic Con just like last year when they revealed the trailer and character sheets for 'Broly' I've been following your stuff since the Dragon Ball staff roundup stuff was happening....with that being said it's evident that SDBH's Promo anime is here to satisfy our needs for the time being but Super's second half is coming I really believe it and think San Diego Comic Con is our best bet

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu May 09, 2019 8:01 pm

Totally expecting an out of nowhere announcement last week of June or something. Toei is all over the place.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 pm

The problem is that you have geekdom tweets like this, where he says stuff like "you'll be apologizing next month" to critics, implying that he's extremely confident in it being revealed, and being so confident as to expect people to apologize for being hesitant on believing him. Images and sources of the tweets below

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 1916631040

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 3131027456

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 09, 2019 8:05 pm

The Toei financial report next Tuesday sounds like an unglamorous way to announce 2uper, but it at least feels a bit more of a solid lead one way or the other.

If they don't say anything in that report about Super returning then I'm gonna assume something happened behind the scenes.

I do find it incredible how people can essentially invent their own jobs on YouTube and get paid for it. It's amazing in a kinda renaissance way, but at the same time I think it must become a fine line after a while because whatever you choose that makes you famous enough for people to pay you....whatever happens if you tire of being that person? Is the pay high enough where even if you're tired you'd just put on a face because you wouldn't want to go back to a normal job? I never really got into YouTube as a content provider, like I never found a niche the many years ago I dabbled in it and I abandoned it. It's my own whims and whatever aspect of DB that interests me that drives what fanworks I create because it's stuff I do in my free time. I'm cognizant of certain things being more popular than others, but that alone never dictates what I make because it's solely a thing I do for fun and for free. I enjoy creating things that make people happy, but it's also stuff I myself enjoy. It seems stressful the idea of being at the mercy of your highest paying backers when it comes to content and also with Dragon Ball being a copyrighted product there's an uncomfortable grey area there where it's someone else's creation and you're getting paid. I know they're more lenient about copyrights in Japan, but I'm not in Japan.

I dunno, I've been gestating a lot on this lately because of stuff going on in the news. I know I've been lurking more this past month than I have been posting, but I do appreciate you, Kanzenshuu forum.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!