Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by AgitoZ » Tue May 07, 2019 4:02 pm

After Kamehacon UK had disinvited Mignogna, they had only 1 guest scheduled up until the point that they stated they were cancelling the event.
This plus Kamehacon US staff saying that it's not cause of Mignogna leads me to believe for now that the reasons for cancellation are not what people have speculated.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 07, 2019 4:15 pm

It's probably due to a lack of staff, guests, vendors and Toei not making their lives easy.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:42 am

I'd like to take them at their word, but I really don't know what "recent events in the fandom" could mean other than the Vic fallout. Apparently they retracted an invite for him previously?

Were they really that short on staff/guests? I understand they'd lose further face in admitting that, but I don't agree with how vague they're being here.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu May 09, 2019 10:43 pm

Monica Rial and her husband's lawyer responded to the notice for deposition of his clients. In short, they want to quash it and also want a protective order issued.

Ty Beard, Mignogna's lawyer, responded to this and another letter from the lawyer.
If what Beard is claiming is accurate, I really don't think it speaks well for the representation that Rial and her husband have gotten. And as motions are being filed, I think things might start getting nasty far faster than I thought.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri May 10, 2019 10:14 am

I can't find Monica's lawyer's initial communication anywhere so I don't know what the tone is, but my god Ty Beard sounds like a prissy bitch in that letter. What a perfectly whiny, attention-seeking type of individual to represent Vic.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:14 am I can't find Monica's lawyer's initial communication anywhere so I don't know what the tone is, but my god Ty Beard sounds like a prissy bitch in that letter. What a perfectly whiny, attention-seeking type of individual to represent Vic.
I found these two legal responses from Monica and Ron on Reddit, although I don't believe their lawyer's has been made public yet. (And I'm not about to wade through alt-right grifter sewage to find it.)

I hardly speak legalese, so a breakdown from someone in the know would be appreciated.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri May 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:27 pmI found these two legal responses from Monica and Ron on Reddit, although I don't believe their lawyer's has been made public yet. (And I'm not about to wade through alt-right grifter sewage to find it.)
Their lawyer is Casey Erick of Kessler Collins it's on the third page of both pdfs you linked.

Those responses along with other forms of communication are what Beard is responding to. Beard includes various correspondences in the exhibits for his own motion to quash. In particular, exhibit D, which is what Beard is mainly responding to in exhibit E. E is the same document I shared earlier.
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:27 pm I hardly speak legalese, so a breakdown from someone in the know would be appreciated.
Nick Rekieta went over Rial and her husband's responses, Beard's initial correspondence, and his newly filled motions on a stream yesterday afternoon.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:50 pm

The Plaintiff Motion to Quash and for CO-PO, which includes back-and-forth between Beard and Collins, for anyone who wants to read.
AgitoZ wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:19 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:27 pmI found these two legal responses from Monica and Ron on Reddit, although I don't believe their lawyer's has been made public yet. (And I'm not about to wade through alt-right grifter sewage to find it.)
Their lawyer is Casey Erick of Kessler Collins it's on the third page of both pdfs you linked.
I meant the letter Mr. Erick had sent. The reddit post in question mentioned it hadn't made public, although I don't know if it's out there.

Edit: Upon reviewing your post again, I believe there's been miscommunication between the two of us; I already knew what his name was, but I didn't spot the letter within. I'll browse it again.

Regardless, I believe Vic's request for confidentiality should be highlighted.

Nick Rekieta went over Rial and her husband's responses, Beard's initial correspondence, and his newly filled motions on a stream yesterday afternoon.
I'm not sitting through one of Blackface Lawyer's streams, thanks.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri May 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:50 pm Regardless, I believe Vic's request for confidentiality should be highlighted.
I agree. It is quite odd that Rial and her husband rejected the offer. According to Beard, Mignogna suggested a confidentiality and protective order for both parties. Rial rejected this, the notice for deposition, and then wanted a protective order just for themselves.
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:50 pmI'm not sitting through one of Blackface Lawyer's streams, thanks.
Suit yourself, you're only doing yourself a disservice.

Also looks like there's already a date for the hearing for the motion Mignogna's legal team proposed.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 10, 2019 8:27 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:38 pm I agree. It is quite odd that Rial and her husband rejected the offer.
I don't think it is. If Mignogna wants to sue them, he should be putting himself out there; not hiding. He's the plaintiff, after all.

Besides, this whole thing's about determining whether or not he's got skeletons in his closet. Allowing him privacy would only be counter-productive.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Monica Rial has repeatedly expressed her desire for the truth to be made public for all, which I was under the impression Vic's supporters wanted as well. Surely you perceive how suspicious it is that Mignogna suddenly wants to keep things hush-hush?

Given Mr. Beard's prior conduct, it's also not exactly a wonder why they don't want to travel down to his office for an interrogation.
AgitoZ wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:38 pm Suit yourself, you're only doing yourself a disservice.
We've explained countless times, including to you, on how Mr. Rekieta's blatantly cherrypicked and twisted the narrative throughout this entire ordeal. Exactly how many times do we have to go through this?

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri May 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:56 pm Monica Rial has repeatedly expressed her desire for the truth to be made public for all, which I was under the impression Vic's supporters wanted as well. Surely you perceive how suspicious it is that Mignogna suddenly wants to keep things hush-hush?

Given Mr. Beard's prior conduct, it's also not exactly a wonder why they don't want to travel down to his office for an interrogation.
If Rial wants it all public, why is she dragging her heels about the deposition? Even if the deposition is kept private, whatever is submitted as evidence would all become public. If Rial and her husband want it all out in the open, that's fine. But then why do they want to avoid deposition and a protective order?

The agreement was a "Confidentiality Agreement that in which your clients and Mr. Mignogna will agree to not publicly discuss any of the deposition testimony". I'm no lawyer, but there's no reason to believe that a redacted version of the depositions would not be available. And even if there was, again, anything from the deposition submitted as evidence later would be fully public.
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:56 pmWe've explained countless times, including to you, on how Mr. Rekieta's blatantly cherrypicked and twisted the narrative throughout this entire ordeal. Exactly how many times do we have to go through this?
No one has done any such thing. I've only seen character attacks and no attacks on his actual value as a source of info.

Let's pretend that he does "blatantly cheerrypicked and twisted the narrative." So what? He showed all of these documents unedited all on his stream. If you think his interpretations are wrong, that's fine. You're free to disagree with that despite having a better batting average than other source of info out there. But you can't find a single person who had all these documents available at the time of his stream.

If you could find a lawyer or some other commentator/source that's against Mignogna and actively goes over these documents, I would encourage you to share them. I think it would be a great resource.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:11 pmNo one has done any such thing. I've only seen character attacks and no attacks on his actual value as a source of info.
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

Welp, that didn't take long. And all worded against you, mind. That you dismiss his bigotry and open threats as "character attacks" is telling.

I should've known you weren't going to argue this in decent faith given you've both previously defended Rekieta with the very same disingenuous rhetoric and ignored our countless explanations on testimonial evidence, but between your blatant lying and you admitting you don't care about Rekieta's culled propaganda, it's evident there's no fruitful discussion to be had here.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri May 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 pm Welp, that didn't take long. And all worded against you, mind. That you dismiss his bigotry and open threats as "character attacks" is telling.

I should've known you weren't going to argue this in decent faith given you've both previously defended Rekieta with the very same disingenuous rhetoric and ignored our countless explanations on testimonial evidence, but between your blatant lying and you admitting you don't care about Rekieta's culled propaganda, it's evident there's no fruitful discussion to be had here.
These are some very weak refutations. They are the same as every dismissal to Rekieta's claims which are just putting your heads in the sands. The first tries move goal posts by saying that there was no "stunt." Call it what you want, Rekieta called that Rial would be messing with Kamehacon's activities days before it happened. The second is asking if Rekieta provided the contract, he did, was on stream going over it, and the contract ANN themselves acquired corroborated the veracity of the one Rekieta showed. The third is using what is termed as Rekieta's "fanboys" to try and dismiss Rekieta's acquired info. I fails to see how this explains Rekieta's "blatantly cherrypicked and twisted narrative". And I already responded to these claims (that ones that have any worth anyway) so I don't care for this bad faith garbage.

I'm not "dismissing" his bigotry, it's literally irrelevant that he dressed up as his friend for a party and that picture was leaked. That has nothing to do with the veracity of his info. I am not nor have I ever "blatant[ly] [lied]." How about you follow your own advice and provide fruitful discussion.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 am

AgitoZ wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:07 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 pm Welp, that didn't take long. And all worded against you, mind. That you dismiss his bigotry and open threats as "character attacks" is telling.

These are some very weak refutations. They are the same as every dismissal to Rekieta's claims which are just putting your heads in the sands. The first tries move goal posts by saying that there was no "stunt." Call it what you want, Rekieta called that Rial would be messing with Kamehacon's activities days before it happened. The second is asking if Rekieta provided the contract, he did, was on stream going over it, and the contract ANN themselves acquired corroborated the veracity of the one Rekieta showed. The third is using what is termed as Rekieta's "fanboys" to try and dismiss Rekieta's acquired info. I fails to see how this explains Rekieta's "blatantly cherrypicked and twisted narrative". And I already responded to these claims (that ones that have any worth anyway) so I don't care for this bad faith garbage.

I'm not "dismissing" his bigotry, it's literally irrelevant that he dressed up as his friend for a party and that picture was leaked. That has nothing to do with the veracity of his info. I am not nor have I ever "blatant[ly] [lied]." How about you follow your own advice and provide fruitful discussion.
You are so full of shit. You’ve essentially just detailed a conspiracy theory like it is an impartial account of the events.

It used to be comical that you thought you were non-partisan, now it’s beginning to look deranged.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat May 11, 2019 1:05 am

Captain Awesome wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 am You are so full of shit. You’ve essentially just detailed a conspiracy theory like it is an impartial account of the events.

It used to be comical that you thought you were non-partisan, now it’s beginning to look deranged.
Crikey mate why the harsh language. I've "essentially" done no such thing. I would also like to see where I've said I'm non-partisan.

Your hand wringing has grown quite tiresome. If you want to actually discuss recent events I'd be more than willing to take part. Maybe put that legal knowledge to good use.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat May 11, 2019 2:57 am

AgitoZ wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:05 am
Captain Awesome wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 am You are so full of shit. You’ve essentially just detailed a conspiracy theory like it is an impartial account of the events.

Crikey mate why the harsh language. I've "essentially" done no such thing. I would also like to see where I've said I'm non-partisan.

Your hand wringing has grown quite tiresome. If you want to actually discuss recent events I'd be more than willing to take part. Maybe put that legal knowledge to good use.
I’ll agree that it is tiresome.

Multiple people here have tried to engage with you in good faith, only to see you move the goalposts each and every time.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 11, 2019 10:28 am

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 pmWelp, that didn't take long. And all worded against you, mind. That you dismiss his bigotry and open threats as "character attacks" is telling.

This sums it up for sure. Co-signed. Vacation granted.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:37 am

VegettoEX wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:28 am
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 pmWelp, that didn't take long. And all worded against you, mind. That you dismiss his bigotry and open threats as "character attacks" is telling.

This sums it up for sure. Co-signed. Vacation granted.
Thank you. I was going to point out his transparent projection and whatnot, but I'll settle for putting him on my ignore list.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat May 11, 2019 10:55 am

AgitoZ wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:07 pm Call it what you want, Rekieta called that Rial would be messing with Kamehacon's activities days before it happened. The second is asking if Rekieta provided the contract, he did, was on stream going over it, and the contract ANN themselves acquired corroborated the veracity of the one Rekieta showed.
lol bud are you being serious right now

EDIT: Oh, he's banned
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃