Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Post by Ripper 30 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:31 am

So this is a confusing thing for many, we see Fat Majin Boo expel a grey skinny boo after he got angry and that meant Boo split into 2 boos, innocent boo and pure evil boo. The difference was when the split happened the skinny pure evil boo took most of the powers and good boo was weaker than that skinny boo. Then skinny Boo ate him and turned into what we call Super Boo. Now, later in the story when Vegeta removed the good boo inside Super Boo's body, Super Boo instead of reverting to skinny grey boo, turned into kid boo. So what might be the best explanation?
I won't to clear up a thing, the skinny grey boo is is nowhere close to Kid boo in power. Since he's Evil Half of Fat Boo who was weaker than Kid Boo. Which means skinny boo is not stronger than Fat Boo (before split) who was weaker than Kid Boo.

So what do you think happens when Super boo after losing good boo turned into kid boo? Why didn't he changed to skinny boo despite Vegeta too insinuate that?
Chapter: 507 (DBZ 313), P7.3-6
Context: Vegeta grabs good Boo’s pod and wonders what will happen if he pulls it out
Vegeta: “This’ll be fun…Will you turn back into this fatso? Or will you become that scrawny guy? …Either way, it seems that your power will doubtlessly fall below what it is now.”
Boo: “Sto-stop it! Do-don’t touch that! Hands off!”
Vegeta: “Kukkukku…You seem even more panicked than I expected…Apparently it will be quite unfavorable for you…”
Boo: “Th-that’s the only one you mustn’t tear out…! I-I’ll stop being me!”
Goku: “’I’ll stop being me’…?”
Vegeta: “That sounds interesting…Did you really think I’d listen to you?”
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Post by Desassina » Sat May 11, 2019 10:44 am

Not this crap again... Evil Boo showed up from smoke like magic. He's not bound to resembling Pure Evil Boo (the grey one), but he has Pure Boo's design with a tall frame, which physically changed into South Kaioshin Boo's until it stopped. In every other instance, not counting Gotenks and Gohan's absorption, Majin Boo came from smoke and expelled another in the same manner. So what is the answer again? "Smokes and mirrors". Magic! Pure Evil Boo showing up after the fatso was detached wouldn't make sense either, because Evil Boo said that he was going to lose his personality or being, so we had to expect something new and eventually got it.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat May 11, 2019 11:19 am

That was never explained. I suppose it’s because, after absorbing Fat Boo, their very essence blended and all his memories and heart were sealed inside the Fat Boo. Tearing that apart must have caused Boo to lose all that experience, getting back to be a heartless creature with nothing holding it back.

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:04 pm

Desassina wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:44 am Not this crap again... Evil Boo showed up from smoke like magic. He's not bound to resembling Pure Evil Boo (the grey one), but he has Pure Boo's design with a tall frame, which physically changed into South Kaioshin Boo's until it stopped. In every other instance, not counting Gotenks and Gohan's absorption, Majin Boo came from smoke and expelled another in the same manner. So what is the answer again? "Smokes and mirrors". Magic! Pure Evil Boo showing up after the fatso was detached wouldn't make sense either, because Evil Boo said that he was going to lose his personality or being, so we had to expect something new and eventually got it.
I think Grey Boo ceased to exist the moment Super boo entered because he was nothing more than Evil Half of Fat Boo and just darker manifestation like Piccolo Daimao was to Piccolo. With Good Boo getting removed Boo's body was an empty husk which made him revert to original form.
Hugo Boss wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:19 am That was never explained. I suppose it’s because, after absorbing Fat Boo, their very essence blended and all his memories and heart were sealed inside the Fat Boo. Tearing that apart must have caused Boo to lose all that experience, getting back to be a heartless creature with nothing holding it back.

Vegeta asked Him if he will turn to Skinny or Fat
and then he Says Either way he will be 'weaker'
That 'either' way only means 2 ways Skinny or Fat.

Also there are 2 things to note here :
Context: Vegeta grabs good Boo’s pod and wonders what will happen if he pulls it out
Vegeta: “This’ll be fun…Will you turn back into this fatso? Or will you become that scrawny guy? …Either way, it seems that your power will doubtlessly fall below what it is now.”
Vegeta: “Kukkukku…You seem even more panicked than I expected…Apparently it will be quite unfavorable for you…”
This is again referenced when Goku and Vegeta were escaping from inside of Boo's body :
Vegeta : "He's transforming...either thin or Fat one"
Which means that according to narrative The possibility of Boo getting weaker after losing good boo from inside was proportionate to grey Boo or Fat Boo appearing. So it's Addressed that He won't since Boo says that he will cease to exist. Super Boo Himself says 'I won't be me anymore' indicating that some completely different being was gonna form. Since you know Pure Evil Boo ate him and Assimilated him, that way it Didn't really absorbed him like others Or Something like that.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat May 11, 2019 12:37 pm

When he says: “I will stop being me”, it seems like he recognizes he will lost something more important than power, which likely is his mind/soul/heart/essence, whatever you want to call it. Technically, it would still be him, but an empty shell.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 pm

It's a plothole. Plain and simple. Hell, we see what happens when the "pods" inside of Super Boo are removed, he reverts back to his previous state. That's how absorption in Dragon Ball works in general. There was zero hints that Kid Boo was a thing until he appeared, so his entire existence was just a massive fuck-up on Toriyama's part. Or alternatively, Toriyama willingly retconned Kid Boo into plot so that Goku could go up against a version of Majin Boo that he would have a fighting chance against. Remember, Goku flat out stated that unless he and Vegeta fused, there was no way they could fight Super Boo and not get slaughtered.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Sat May 11, 2019 4:16 pm

If I may wildly speculate...

I always thought this was because Kid Boo no longer had any trace of the Dai Kaioshin in his body when good Boo was taken out of him. We know that absorbing the Dai Kaioshin created a profound change in Boo (in both demeanour and strength-- Kid Boo's clearly stronger than Innocent Boo), and when Gray Boo was expelled from Innocent Boo's body, Gray presumably still had some aspect of the Kaioshin within him. When eating Good Boo, I suppose Gray Boo somehow managed to transfer whatever part of the Dai Kaoshin he had in him into Good Boo. Obviously it didn't free Gray Boo from the Dai Kaioshin's influence completely, as Good Boo remained in Gray Boo's body, which is why the latter mutated into the new Super Boo. Since the Dai Kaioshin's essence now completely resided in Good Boo's body, however, when Goku and Vegeta extracted Good Boo from Super Boo's body, Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo, now completely free of the Dai Kaioshin's influence period. Perhaps the South Kaioshin's essence also resided in Good Boo, which is why Super Boo did not remain in the bulky form he'd acquired when absorbing S.K. originally.

Again, theorizing a lot here. If true, though, it is interesting that Super Boo saw value in retaining the Dai Kaioshin in his body. It may have cost him his ruthlessness (and at least a little of his strength), but it also mentally evolved Boo into more than a creature of destruction. I think it's safe to assume that the Dai Kaioshin's essence can be split, since it seems Boo has long ago "digested" him, so to speak: he doesn't seem to exist as a physical presence inside Boo's body anymore.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I do hope the current storyline in the Super manga addresses the issue before it concludes, given how Boo-centric it's been. Toyotarou is fond of addressing such things...

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Sat May 11, 2019 6:52 pm

Because plot. The end.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat May 11, 2019 6:59 pm

The way I see it, the grey Majin Boo wasn't a complete being. He was basically just an empty shell formed from pure evil that imitated Fat Boo, without a soul of his own. But somehow during the time he spent with the other Boo absorbed, he managed to magically copy-paste a soul for himself, and thus regained the form of a complete Boo again.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun May 12, 2019 5:19 am

I think its very possible that to get Pure Evil Boo, the evil side has to be removed from the dominantly good side. However, to get Pure Boo then the good side has to be removed from the dominantly evil side.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:41 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 pm It's a plothole. Plain and simple. Hell, we see what happens when the "pods" inside of Super Boo are removed, he reverts back to his previous state. That's how absorption in Dragon Ball works in general. There was zero hints that Kid Boo was a thing until he appeared, so his entire existence was just a massive fuck-up on Toriyama's part. Or alternatively, Toriyama willingly retconned Kid Boo into plot so that Goku could go up against a version of Majin Boo that he would have a fighting chance against. Remember, Goku flat out stated that unless he and Vegeta fused, there was no way they could fight Super Boo and not get slaughtered.
That's a looooot of speculation. Toriyama clearly hinted at something new happening with removal of Good Boo :
Do you realize Toriyama clearly made us believe that he should logically turn into Grey Boo/Fat boo and get weaker, then made Boo say that he will stop existing. You think that's not enough? The fact that Super Boo was so afraid of Fat Boo getting removed and saying he will cease to exist clearly hints at Someone new will appear. Even when Goku and Vegeta left his body Vegeta was insinuating that he should turn into Fat or Thin guy. Goku also told Piccolo earlier that he's unsure of defeating Fat boo only to admit that he could have if he had gone all-out. Goku's unwillingness to fight Super Boo but wanting to fight Kid Boo should not be used to power scale since they both have different context.
Chapter: 507 (DBZ 313), P12.4-5
Context: after Goku and Vegeta revert Boo back to regular evil Boo
Goku: “Wait! Even though Boo has returned to normal a whole lot, we’re still simply no match for his strength! If we go outside like this, we’ll definitely be done in…!”
Chapter: 508 (DBZ 314), P8.7
Context: Boo forms a big ki blast
Goku: “It-it’s huge…! You’ve got to be kidding…! Do-does he intend to unleash that…!? … We can’t knock back something like that…!”
For consistency that “we” had to be used in the same fashion. Either Goku is not counting his SSJ3 form during those statements or he does. You can’t have it both ways. This leaves two scenarios. The first is that he is just referring to their SSJ2 forms. That also means the statement inside Super Boo is irreverent to his SSJ3 power. The second is that he does count his SSJ3 power meaning that at the time his SSJ3 power was much inferior to Super Boo's power but to kid Boo's as well.

You must be thinking it's because of this :
Chapter: 508 (DBZ 314), P3.4-6
Context: after Boo reverts to his pure form
Goku: “…”
Vegeta: “……Heh…Heheheh…Look! He’s shrunk down quite a bit!”
Goku: “We did it! This way, we might be able to manage something.”
But this has got nothing to do with power, they don't judge him off his ki, they don't even refute anything concerning his ki going up after Good Boo was torn off and this isn't first time this happened :
Chapter: 304 (DBZ 110), P12.4-5
Context: Kuririn says Freeza’s final form doesn’t look that powerful
Piccolo: “A good example of how you shouldn’t judge someone’s true ability by their appearance…He was far more cute before…Damn it…I had you go through all that trouble getting that wish granted…Sorry…But it really doesn’t look like I’ll be able to save you…”
Chapter: 382 (DBZ 188), P11.2
Context: after Cell finally reaches his perfect form
Vegeta: “Kukkukkuh…So even his perfect form doesn’t look like anything special. He’s even gotten smaller than he was before.”
Do you don't find it strange, similar to Kid Boo situation Vegeta laughs and then uses the same word 縮 (Chiji)? The way its paneled doesn't even hint at they are rationally judging him, it's as if they are laughing at him for size. Either way it's proved that they only judged him from size :
Chapter: 510 (DBZ 316), P12.6
Vegeta: “The truth is you were right [that I’d be killed by Boo]. That Boo is stronger than I imagined…And so are you, Kakarot…”

Goku: “Dammnit~~~If it was with the Potara, I could have done it in one blast. …..Cheh~~~I guess I went and showed off too much. But I thought things would go a little better than this…!”
Vegeta: “…S …So you weren’t thinking of me…”

Context: after Goku fights pure Boo for awhile
Goku: “…Dammit…! Like I thought, even if I keep doing the same thing, that bastard’s stamina doesn’t fall…! He just returns to being good as new right away…

Context: after one of Goku’s attacks damages Boo
Goku: “That bastard…Even though he can quickly return to normal, he’s playing around by purposefully drawing it out…”
Boo is clearly lollygagging
This takes precedence and Vegeta realized Kid Boo was much stronger and thought Goku was putting up an act of struggling only to realize Goku wasn't and right there Goku admitted potara was better and he was overconfident.
Kaboom wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:59 pm The way I see it, the grey Majin Boo wasn't a complete being. He was basically just an empty shell formed from pure evil that imitated Fat Boo, without a soul of his own. But somehow during the time he spent with the other Boo absorbed, he managed to magically copy-paste a soul for himself, and thus regained the form of a complete Boo again.
Grey Boo has to be just an Evil manifestation from Fat Boo, his cape and glove resembled Fat Boo too, this means similar to Fat Boo he has Dai Kaioshin influence since he's other half of accessible power Fat Boo had due to Kaioshins in him restraining his powers. With him eating Good boo i think Boo became whole again but this time the Evil side was dominant and with Good Boo getting removed who is Kaioshin influence from both Kaioshins Boo absorbed, Boo was an empty husk who reverted to his original unrestricted form, that's why the moment Goku and Vegeta torn Good Boo his power started rising and Kibitoshin confirmed that he actually lost power through absorptions, which means Pure Boo was Boo without anyone restraining his Evilness and Power.

Gokitalo wrote:If I may wildly speculate...

I always thought this was because Kid Boo no longer had any trace of the Dai Kaioshin in his body when good Boo was taken out of him. We know that absorbing the Dai Kaioshin created a profound change in Boo (in both demeanour and strength-- Kid Boo's clearly stronger than Innocent Boo), and when Gray Boo was expelled from Innocent Boo's body, Gray presumably still had some aspect of the Kaioshin within him. When eating Good Boo, I suppose Gray Boo somehow managed to transfer whatever part of the Dai Kaoshin he had in him into Good Boo. Obviously it didn't free Gray Boo from the Dai Kaioshin's influence completely, as Good Boo remained in Gray Boo's body, which is why the latter mutated into the new Super Boo. Since the Dai Kaioshin's essence now completely resided in Good Boo's body, however, when Goku and Vegeta extracted Good Boo from Super Boo's body, Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo, now completely free of the Dai Kaioshin's influence period. Perhaps the South Kaioshin's essence also resided in Good Boo, which is why Super Boo did not remain in the bulky form he'd acquired when absorbing S.K. originally.

Again, theorizing a lot here. If true, though, it is interesting that Super Boo saw value in retaining the Dai Kaioshin in his body. It may have cost him his ruthlessness (and at least a little of his strength), but it also mentally evolved Boo into more than a creature of destruction. I think it's safe to assume that the Dai Kaioshin's essence can be split, since it seems Boo has long ago "digested" him, so to speak: he doesn't seem to exist as a physical presence inside Boo's body anymore.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I do hope the current storyline in the Super manga addresses the issue before it concludes, given how Boo-centric it's been. Toyotarou is fond of addressing such things...
I think grey Boo ceased to exist the moment he ate Good Boo since he was nothing more than Evil half Fat Boo, his appearance resembled Dai Kaioshin too. With Good Boo, who was influence of both Kaioshins, taken out of Super Boo's body, boo was left to feed off his own unrestricted power that's why his ki went up and Kibitoshin confirmed it by telling how his LOWERED his power after taking in 2 Kaioshins.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun May 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Grey Buu was a sort of polluted Kid Buu, that by virtue of being seperated from Fat Buu in a different way from how Goku and Vegeta rescued Buu and the others, ended up with some Kaioshin influence and the memories from Fat Buu.

Once he ate Fat Buu, all of the Kaioshin influence was concentrated inside Fat Buu, making Grey Buu take on Kid Buu's appearance, but on his new frame.

Still retaining his memories of being Fat Buu and the good influence from Fat Buu's Kaioshin essence, he was now his own being, evolved from his former self's animalistic lack of brain power.

Thus upon releasing Fat Buu, there was only Kid Buu left to revert to.

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:07 pm

dbgtFO wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:53 pm Grey Buu was a sort of polluted Kid Buu, that by virtue of being seperated from Fat Buu in a different way from how Goku and Vegeta rescued Buu and the others, ended up with some Kaioshin influence and the memories from Fat Buu.

Once he ate Fat Buu, all of the Kaioshin influence was concentrated inside Fat Buu, making Grey Buu take on Kid Buu's appearance, but on his new frame.

Still retaining his memories of being Fat Buu and the good influence from Fat Buu's Kaioshin essence, he was now his own being, evolved from his former self's animalistic lack of brain power.

Thus upon releasing Fat Buu, there was only Kid Buu left to revert to.
Evil Boo is like 25% of Kid Boo in power, since he's like Half of the Fat Boo who is basically Kid Boo after absorbed Kaioshins restraining his power, so he can't possibly be close to kid boo let alone equal. He Cleary had Dai Kaioshin's Clothes which meant unlike Kid Boo he had some of Fat Boo's/Dai Kaioshin influence.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Imagine Majin Boo from the inside out with his absorptions intact and without expelling his evil. What would it be like for Pure Boo to show up with Dai Kaioshin in a Boo body? Since the former was still South Kaioshin based, and Pure Evil Boo's personality lived in Majin Boo, Evil Boo showed up as the end result with the same design as Pure Boo.

Most people's problem is that Pure Evil Boo eating and giving Innocent Boo a special treatment should behave like Evil Boo's absorptions when the former preceded his formation. However, he was simply turned upside down, resembling what he was about to turn into.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:40 am

I like Kid Buu personally but I think it would have been better if Evil Buu would have taken the role and been done.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 13, 2019 1:13 pm

I think Gray Buu and Kid Buu are the same version. Gray Buu looked the way he did because he was weak. When he took in Fat Buu however, he got his strength back and looked like the other versions of Buu.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon May 13, 2019 1:23 pm

I think the difference between Evil Buu and Kid Buu are their origin. Evil Buu is the evil extracted from Fat Buu. Kid Buu is the good extracted from Super Buu. Evil Buu is what happens with Buu is ripped in half between good and evil, and Kid Buu is what happens when Super Buu is purified of his absorptions.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Kid Buu is pure with no absorbtions. Evil Buu is the pure evil version of Fat Buu with his kaioshin absorbtions.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Mon May 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Why was the grey evil buu skinny anyway? Shouldn't he have been fat since it's just the evil essence being split from fat buu?

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Mon May 13, 2019 3:02 pm

More points to Toriyama designing things in a predictable fashion. What do you get when you join some fat to a tall and skinny frame? A toned body perhaps, which gets bulkier and smaller, depending on the essence.