"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sat May 11, 2019 12:26 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:21 pm
sintzu wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:57 am
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:07 amToei intentionally leaked out fake information for some reason :think:
Someone here pointed out that another company did that to catch who was leaking things.
Feels like something i would read on HunterxHunter, but I would like to see this story arc animated.
Whoever runs that company probably likes HXH. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat May 11, 2019 12:26 pm

vashter wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:04 am hey emperor nice tweet “they lied to us”, relax man damn
?
Who are you talking to and what does this even mean?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 pm

If the series is coming in october, they don't have to reveal anything in their projected financials but if its coming in july they do?

Someone eli5 pls

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 pm If the series is coming in october, they don't have to reveal anything in their projected financials but if its coming in july they do?

Someone eli5 pls
They don't announce new animes in their financial reports. These reports only mention animes that are previously announced.

That said, if the anime happen in July (which seems pretty unlikely), it should be an announced before the financial report appear (May 14).

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Sat May 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Konja7 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 pm If the series is coming in october, they don't have to reveal anything in their projected financials but if its coming in july they do?

Someone eli5 pls
They don't announce new animes in their financial reports. These reports only mention animes that are previously announced.

That said, if the anime happen in July (which seems pretty unlikely), it should be an announced before the financial report appear (May 14).
I have a question, has there been anime that's been announced less than a month away from it's airing? And if it has were there any leaks and i meam real leaks like images such as a storyboard etc.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat May 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Someone eli5 pls

But if its coming out anytime in 2019, wouldn't they have to announce before the financial reports come out?

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat May 11, 2019 4:23 pm

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1 ... 5726979073

Is there a way we can approve this account's credibility?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:15 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:23 pm https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1 ... 5726979073

Toei just might be stupid enough to announce it at the end of May alongside a teaser trailer. That would leave like, what 5-6 weeks to hype it up before it airs in early July?

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat May 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Someone eli5 pls

If new series are not announced in financial reports, then they could be announced later? In the case of DBS, could TOEI announce after this month's V-Jump was released?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat May 11, 2019 6:54 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:40 pm In the case of DBS, could TOEI announce after this month's V-Jump was released?
It all depends on their marketing plans so they could announce it anytime from a month to a day before it airs.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat May 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Maybe they are waiting for the movie release on china?

the Broly movie comes out on the 24 there.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 pm

PFM18 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:15 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:23 pm https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1 ... 5726979073

Toei just might be stupid enough to announce it at the end of May alongside a teaser trailer. That would leave like, what 5-6 weeks to hype it up before it airs in early July?
Errm no, my hero academic new season come out ovot October - it didn’t get announce I believe at jump festia.. wouldn’t mind if they announce it now, tom, whenever so I have no problem on waiting couple weeks before we even watch it

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:51 pm

vashter wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Errm no, my hero academic new season come out ovot October - it didn’t get announce I believe at jump festia.. wouldn’t mind if they announce it now, tom, whenever so I have no problem on waiting couple weeks before we even watch it
Its not a matter of having to wait, it's that announcing a new series just weeks before it airs is horrible marketing. The fact that a mid-May, late-May announcement is contingent on an awful marketing scheme, it sounds fairly unlikely at this point. Toei MIGHT just be stupid enough to do it anyway though.

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 pm

PFM18 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:51 pmIts not a matter of having to wait, it's that announcing a new series just weeks before it airs is horrible marketing. The fact that a mid-May, late-May announcement is contingent on an awful marketing scheme, it sounds fairly unlikely at this point. Toei MIGHT just be stupid enough to do it anyway though.
Why do you think Toei might be so stupid?

I mean they seem pretty cautious about Super return.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat May 11, 2019 8:28 pm

Maybe they think it doesn't matter when they release the announce, because it's dragon ball and people are going to watch it no matter what.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 11, 2019 8:39 pm

They had such a huge advertising blitz for DBS: Broly though. Having little to no marketing for 2uper doesn't fit with that style.

This is all so strange.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun May 12, 2019 5:15 am

PFM18 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:51 pm
vashter wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Its not a matter of having to wait, it's that announcing a new series just weeks before it airs is horrible marketing. The fact that a mid-May, late-May announcement is contingent on an awful marketing scheme, it sounds fairly unlikely at this point. Toei MIGHT just be stupid enough to do it anyway though.
Eh I don't think they are that dumb or big of a dumb fuck lol....

1. May 14th Financial report of Toei we'll see what up
2. Between March-April there was some kinda rumor of them traveling another country getting license on something (?)
3. even if Ajay / Geek been told over 13-15 people (not 30 whoever said 30... I actually THINK they both are on same page what they know not like they have extra extra source... Ajay kinda of bigger deal than Geek is, why?Ajay Toei info vs Geek's 1 person VA from Italian? lol
4. someone mention china hasn't even got Broly movie release yet I was like wtf? how that even that long? I look EVERYWHERE to find out if it hasn't been played in china yet
5.Geekdom101 post a lot "yea it coming March you'll apologize to me.....it coming April same shit" I would lol'd if that Anime-JP Twitter is only true source they have been saying that since April and recently May 9 they mention nothing change, it still stand which leave July open of return and May for teaser at end of May..
6. They made over 100m+ off that broly movie including recently GT Kid Goku (does it cost to buy him?)
7. Ajay of course apologize in here but Geek has yet not be seen or found that Egodom101 need show up - don't care about his youtube fame
8. Right now I'm just going with what Anime-JP tweet on may 9th and see what happened.
9. V-Jump on May 21st if that correct? possible leak on 18th but I wouldn't be suprise if they just put in V-jump instead of not marketing it
10.Time slot is another thing is PROBABLY in the way of Toei so that another thing

Final: Time slot - announcement - License going on(?) That all it is folks you just have to wait until end of the may to find out answer or maybe before may 21sth with V-Jump bullshit.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun May 12, 2019 9:05 am

I would like to point out how Toei’s financial report, despite being scheduled to come out on May 14th, might actually come 1 or 2 days later (at least, that’s what usually happens).
It will be surely out by May 16th as that’s the day when they have a meeting.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun May 12, 2019 4:00 pm

First it was December
Then February
Then March
Then April
Then May 9th
And now the end of May?

Let me guess...When nothing shows up we'll be skipping to July?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Sun May 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Its time for everyone to just accept the fact the the show isn't returning any time soon. Why else would Toei deny it in such an absolute way without even a hint that there may be something coming? Geekdom and Ajay were misled and Ajay apologized for it. Of course Geekdom won't for OBVIOUS reasons and will continue to deflect by saying "its coming" anyway.