The base Saiyajins in the Boo saga

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The base Saiyajins in the Boo saga

Post by ZombieVito » Sat May 11, 2019 12:18 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 am
ZombieVito wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:59 am It baffles me this is still being discussed. We have a clear cut statement with no rebuttal on the scene itself.

No base Saiyan on the Boo arc is defeating Freeza outside of Vegetto.
Don't forget about Gotenks.
Right. I guess base Gotenks is a little stronger than Freeza depending on where you put base Goku and Vegeta.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:42 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:18 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:59 am It baffles me this is still being discussed. We have a clear cut statement with no rebuttal on the scene itself.

No base Saiyan on the Boo arc is defeating Freeza outside of Vegetto.
Right. I guess base Gotenks is a little stronger than Freeza depending on where you put base Goku and Vegeta.
Base Gotenks has to be at least stronger than 1st form Cell (peak) due to how the fusion multiplier works.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat May 11, 2019 2:48 pm

There is no established "fusion multiplier."
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:49 pm Battle of Gods pretty much ended this debate. After checking Goku, Beerus concluded he couldn’t beat Freeza without Super Saiyan. And none rectified him, so there is no reason to doubt his statement.
Or at least, it SHOULD have ended this debate.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat May 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Kaboom wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:48 pm There is no established "fusion multiplier."
For certain, basing on how contents was showcased, base gotenks >>ssj trunks. That establishes a minimum range

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Toriyama stated that Freeza and Beerus got on well untill Freeza pissed Beerus off, the two fought and Beerus "cleaned his clock".
He would probably go to full power for this fight/may not have invented the supression forms back then.

Goku was the one who beat Freeza, Goku and Beerus know this, so Beerus saying "you couldn't beat Freeza" would make no sense as a taunt.
Goku wouldn't be phased by it if it was a lie. "no dude, I beat Freeza before, and I'm stronger than back then"....

Another thing people forget is Goku was using KKx20 fighting Freeza, and SS1 is a whopping x50 multiplier.
If Goku got 10 times stronger in the android saga and 20 times stronger by Buu, when multiplied by 50 that'd explain the big difference in power between SS1 Goku of different eras.
So Goku could get as much as 40 times stronger between Namek and Bog and still be weaker than Freeza w/o SS1.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat May 11, 2019 8:03 pm

ruler9871 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Base Gotenks has to be at least stronger than 1st form Cell (peak) due to how the fusion multiplier works.
He literally can't since his SS form is weaker than the adults as SS2.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Lionel wrote:Goku has never been too keen on proper etiquette -- the fact he challenged Beerus to a match in the first place was already defying perceived standards which King Kai was having to constantly correct him on. Something like a basic admittance of his power having grown enough to where he could handle Freeza in base wouldn't be inappropriate or unwarranted since Beerus brought the subject up in the first place.
Goku immediately started acting formal as soon as Kaio reminded him of Beerus' position and as I said, contradicting the assessment of someone so petty they would permanently change a planet just for losing at a car race is far from a good idea, even to Super Goku. His proposal of a match was done quite formally and was in line with Beerus' current goal, so not exactly a breach in etiquette, not to mention being an once in a lifetime opportunity in Goku's eyes.

As I said, Goku isn't the type to get pedantic. Beerus immediately follows his statement up by saying that Goku must've used SSJ to beat Freeza, which is correct. It would come off as very unnatural for Goku to say something as obvious an exposition as "Yeah, but my current normal self is stronger than my Super Saiyan self back then." Considering Goku was already made aware this was a being who eclipsed all previous opponents, getting caught up on such small details wouldn't be his prerogative.
Lionel wrote:#18 isn't above intentionally underperforming when she wants to. Her fight with Vegeta in the Android arc demonstrated a willingness to indulge her enemies and make inquiries about them if they've caught her attention. She was interested in winning the prize money but the strangeness of her opponent and their unnatural strength seemed to pique her curiosity
Few differences there. For one, #18 saw getting to Goku as more of a game than something she truly aspired for. #16 was the only one who was serious about killing Goku. At this point, #18 was living without a purpose and just killing time, a lot different from a wife and mother aiming to secure her family's finances through winning a tournament.

As for she not being able to sense chi, remember that Goku could have already a solid estimation on Dabura's powers based on this latter simply charging at them with a certain speed and blasting off Kibito's head. So it isn't far-fetched to think #18 did have a ground to more or less gauge Mighty Mask's powers by his movements. Sure, she isn't Goku, but that's still a possibility.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:18 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:03 pm
Wrong. SSJ1 Gotenks even before going into the Time Chamber was stated to be able to kill Fat Buu was little difficulty. Buu arc Goku could only do this as a SSJ3, that means SSJ1 Gotenks was already at least equal to SSJ3 Goku at that point. So Base Gotenks has to be way above Z-Freeza.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat May 11, 2019 9:24 pm

ruler9871 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Wrong. SSJ1 Gotenks even before going into the Time Chamber was stated to be able to kill Fat Buu was little difficulty. Buu arc Goku could only do this as a SSJ3, that means SSJ1 Gotenks was already at least equal to SSJ3 Goku at that point. So Base Gotenks has to be way above Z-Freeza.
SS2 Vegeta > SS Gotenks is official information.

What Goku said wasnt confirmed at all. It was just guess work.

We also have strong implications that Good Boo is still stronger than SS Gotenks in the RoF arc and movie.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:19 pm

ZombieVito wrote:SS2 Vegeta > SS Gotenks is official information.

We also have strong implications that Good Boo is still stronger than SS Gotenks in the RoF arc and movie.
That was given in the guidebooks. It doesn't supersede, at all, what's implied in the original manga. Goku stated that with this technique they are being taught they probably can win this and such suspicion on Gotenks' strength was matched by Piccolo's confirmation later on, who stated their chi was really incredible, merely wishing to test their speed.

Also, doesn't the Guidebook entry merely say that Gotenks has leveled up to above Vegeta and co.? What if someone wishes to take the "level up" as in regards to their SSJ levels, as in, Gotenks has acquired the level 3 therein leveling up to above Vegeta, who only had SSJ2? That way, we don't have to force a conflict between the manga and the guidebooks... With both working alongside.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun May 12, 2019 1:17 am

ahill1 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:06 pm
Lionel wrote:Goku has never been too keen on proper etiquette -- the fact he challenged Beerus to a match in the first place was already defying perceived standards which King Kai was having to constantly correct him on. Something like a basic admittance of his power having grown enough to where he could handle Freeza in base wouldn't be inappropriate or unwarranted since Beerus brought the subject up in the first place.
Goku immediately started acting formal as soon as Kaio reminded him of Beerus' position and as I said, contradicting the assessment of someone so petty they would permanently change a planet just for losing at a car race is far from a good idea, even to Super Goku. His proposal of a match was done quite formally and was in line with Beerus' current goal, so not exactly a breach in etiquette, not to mention being an once in a lifetime opportunity in Goku's eyes.

As I said, Goku isn't the type to get pedantic. Beerus immediately follows his statement up by saying that Goku must've used SSJ to beat Freeza, which is correct. It would come off as very unnatural for Goku to say something as obvious an exposition as "Yeah, but my current normal self is stronger than my Super Saiyan self back then." Considering Goku was already made aware this was a being who eclipsed all previous opponents, getting caught up on such small details wouldn't be his prerogative.
Lionel wrote:#18 isn't above intentionally underperforming when she wants to. Her fight with Vegeta in the Android arc demonstrated a willingness to indulge her enemies and make inquiries about them if they've caught her attention. She was interested in winning the prize money but the strangeness of her opponent and their unnatural strength seemed to pique her curiosity
Few differences there. For one, #18 saw getting to Goku as more of a game than something she truly aspired for. #16 was the only one who was serious about killing Goku. At this point, #18 was living without a purpose and just killing time, a lot different from a wife and mother aiming to secure her family's finances through winning a tournament.

As for she not being able to sense chi, remember that Goku could have already a solid estimation on Dabura's powers based on this latter simply charging at them with a certain speed and blasting off Kibito's head. So it isn't far-fetched to think #18 did have a ground to more or less gauge Mighty Mask's powers by his movements. Sure, she isn't Goku, but that's still a possibility.
Goku's attempts at formality were spasmodic and questionable at best. At several different points throughout their conversation he was having to correct himself and reword his initial statements in a more deferential manner in keeping with the expectations King Kai was foisting on him. Beerus and Whis were in the process of leaving when Goku came forward and made the request for Beerus to show him his power in a sparring match. It was a request that took both King Kai and Beerus by surprise because of its candidness and lack of appreciation for the gravity of Beerus's power. Sure, Goku rephrased it to accommodate for the Hakaishin's authority, but Beerus was already calling out as either being incredibly strong himself or foolish. Acknowledging that he had become strong enough to no longer need Super Saiyan in order to take down Freeza wouldn't be any less jarring than the rest of Goku's words during that conversation.

Point taken on the differences between the Vegeta fight and Mighty Mask fight. Next to that, for some odd reason Dabura never projected an aura when he fought in the manga. Auras are generally an indication of a fighter being earnest in their power emission. Maybe Dabura doesn't emit one like other ki users for some reason? His fight with Gohan would have likely shown a more consistent degree of power from him though as he was having maintain it in order to not be overwhelmed. Goten and Trunks apparently didn't use all of their base strength because they lacked auras. Who knows how much they were using exactly. Whatever amount it was, #18 would have to adjust the degree of force she uses to ensure her opponent isn't killed.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun May 12, 2019 3:59 am

ahill1 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:19 pm That was given in the guidebooks. It doesn't supersede, at all, what's implied in the original manga. Goku stated that with this technique they are being taught they probably can win this and such suspicion on Gotenks' strength was matched by Piccolo's confirmation later on, who stated their chi was really incredible, merely wishing to test their speed.

Also, doesn't the Guidebook entry merely say that Gotenks has leveled up to above Vegeta and co.? What if someone wishes to take the "level up" as in regards to their SSJ levels, as in, Gotenks has acquired the level 3 therein leveling up to above Vegeta, who only had SSJ2? That way, we don't have to force a conflict between the manga and the guidebooks... With both working alongside.
Nice try but the bio mentions strength so your explanation can't work.

Also the manga never confirms anything so Daizenshuu doesn't need to supersede anything.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sun May 12, 2019 6:40 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:24 pm

I've never understood the "argument" it makes Piccolo look like an idiot.

Because Piccolo sensed Majin Vegeta first-hand and then saw how Buu beat him with ease.
Chapter: 465 (DBZ 271), P2.3
Context: as Vegeta fights Boo
Piccolo: “He’s already surpassed Super Saiyan as well…This is tremendous power…Perhaps even greater than Gohan’s when he fought Cell…”
He senses Gotenks and makes no comment about how his ki still isn't enough the face Majin Buu
Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P7.2-3
Context: after Super Saiyan Gotenks forms for the first time
Piccolo: “…Yeah…Your ki really is absolutely incredible, but how about your movement?...Show me a little.”
Gotenks: “Is that alright? If I show you here, the house might break. I’ll do it on the ground.”
When Gotenks flies off his worry isn't that he couldn't beat Fat Buu it's that his fusion will run out soon.
If he was weaker than Vegeta Piccolo would've said something about it.
Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P9.3-8
Context: Piccolo finally catches up to Gotenks
Gotenks: “You’re slow. So you finally got here? Besides circling around the Earth several times, I even took a little afternoon nap. [ ] Fuffuffuh…So you can’t tell just from my speed just now? My super-duper incredible power…! …Which is to say that the test is over, and I’m going to go take care of that annoying Majin Boo right away…”
*Gotenks takes off*
Piccolo: “H-hey, you idiot! Kuh…! Wh-what a shithead…H-he already has only 1 minute left that he can stay merged. That dimwhit…!
Nothing in the manga contradicts Goku's initial statement
Chapter: 472 (DBZ 278), P9.4
Context: after explaining that Fusion lasts 30 minutes
Goku: “With these two, if they just manage to perform Fusion successfully, I think they’ll definitely be able to defeat [Boo] within 30 minutes. Fusion is just that extreme.
But hey if you wanna use a guidebook and give Goku and Piccolo sub 60 IQs, go ahead I guess
The best rationalisation I can come up with is that guidebook uses a picture of base Gotenks when talking about his power

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun May 12, 2019 7:04 am

The Monkey King wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:40 am

I've never understood the "argument" it makes Piccolo look like an idiot.

Because Piccolo sensed Majin Vegeta first-hand and then saw how Buu beat him with ease.
Chapter: 465 (DBZ 271), P2.3
Context: as Vegeta fights Boo
Piccolo: “He’s already surpassed Super Saiyan as well…This is tremendous power…Perhaps even greater than Gohan’s when he fought Cell…”
He senses Gotenks and makes no comment about how his ki still isn't enough the face Majin Buu
Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P7.2-3
Context: after Super Saiyan Gotenks forms for the first time
Piccolo: “…Yeah…Your ki really is absolutely incredible, but how about your movement?...Show me a little.”
Gotenks: “Is that alright? If I show you here, the house might break. I’ll do it on the ground.”
When Gotenks flies off his worry isn't that he couldn't beat Fat Buu it's that his fusion will run out soon.
If he was weaker than Vegeta Piccolo would've said something about it.
Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P9.3-8
Context: Piccolo finally catches up to Gotenks
Gotenks: “You’re slow. So you finally got here? Besides circling around the Earth several times, I even took a little afternoon nap. [ ] Fuffuffuh…So you can’t tell just from my speed just now? My super-duper incredible power…! …Which is to say that the test is over, and I’m going to go take care of that annoying Majin Boo right away…”
*Gotenks takes off*
Piccolo: “H-hey, you idiot! Kuh…! Wh-what a shithead…H-he already has only 1 minute left that he can stay merged. That dimwhit…!
Nothing in the manga contradicts Goku's initial statement
Chapter: 472 (DBZ 278), P9.4
Context: after explaining that Fusion lasts 30 minutes
Goku: “With these two, if they just manage to perform Fusion successfully, I think they’ll definitely be able to defeat [Boo] within 30 minutes. Fusion is just that extreme.
But hey if you wanna use a guidebook and give Goku and Piccolo sub 60 IQs, go ahead I guess
The best rationalisation I can come up with is that guidebook uses a picture of base Gotenks when talking about his power
Is highly probable imo, for me the right interpretation of daiz is base gotenks post rosat > ssj2 vegeta too, sincebut it tells generically about gotenks. If it was gotenks surpassing vegeta in a said form, they would have specified if it was ssj or ssj3 gotenks, but talking so generically to me means that gotenks just suppressed vegeta in every form he has access to, base included.
That could perfectly mean that his strength is doubled [at least imo, considering the multipliers I use base gotenks pre rosat is already adult ssj + (buu saga) tier]

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:20 pm

1. What guidebook says Majin Vegeta > SSJ1 Gotenks? Source?

2. Where was the implication of Fat Buu > SSJ1 Gotenks in RoF? You are making stuff up.

3. In the Buu arc, Goku was also confident that SSJ1 Gotenks could take on Super Buu, the same Super Buu that Goku admitted he & Vegeta stood no chance against without fusion.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun May 12, 2019 12:24 pm

ruler9871 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:20 pm

1. What guidebook says Majin Vegeta > SSJ1 Gotenks? Source?

2. Where was the implication of Fat Buu > SSJ1 Gotenks in RoF? You are making stuff up.

3. In the Buu arc, Goku was also confident that SSJ1 Gotenks could take on Super Buu, the same Super Buu that Goku admitted he & Vegeta stood no chance against without fusion.
Daiz said that post rosat gotenks had surpassed vegeta, but it is so generic in the way they told us so that it could perfectly mean that base gotenks post rosat>majin vegeta ssj2 because no form is specified for gotenks in the statement

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun May 12, 2019 3:54 pm

ahill1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:40 pmWhat's your placement for the base Saiyajins during the Boo saga?
IMHO the power level of the adults is around 6 million.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun May 12, 2019 3:58 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:54 pm
ahill1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:40 pmWhat's your placement for the base Saiyajins during the Boo saga?
IMHO the power level of the adults is around 6 million.
Are youyou even serious or are you trolling? 6 millions is fine in early android saga kek

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun May 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Do you have any proof?